December 11, 2017, 03:16:20 am

Author Topic: Breaking Bad Mafia, GAME OVER: CIVS and SKYLER win!  (Read 111365 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1517
Breaking Bad Mafia, GAME OVER: CIVS and SKYLER win!
« on: March 09, 2015, 07:49:51 am »
Welcome to Pimp Willy's triumphant return to Mafia GMing, with a game he's been cooking up for a few years! Breaking Bad Mafia! Lets replay one of the most intense scenarios from the show, and see if things go differently with you in control...

General Idea
This is a game of deception, where there are two groups fighting for the win, the Civilians and the Mafia. During the day phases, players must vote on which player should be "Lynched," aka strung up and killed. At night, the mafia gets to kill any player of their choice. The civilians win if they eliminate all the mafia; the mafia win if they equal or outnumber the civs. There is also the third party players this game; they have their own agendas and win/lose based on different criteria, and count for neither side.

There are two phases: Day and Night. During Day, all players deliberate and submit a vote on a player. The player with the most votes is lynched and eliminated from the game. During Night, the Mafia deliberate to kill and eliminate a player from the game. The Civilians win the game once all Mafia have been eliminated. The Mafia win the game once their numbers are equal to half or more of all remaining players.

Roles
Gus Fring and Walter White will be chosen randomly to start. Walter White will then get to choose one remaining player to be Jesse Pinkman. The rest of the roles will then be randomly assigned to the players. Certain roles will have abilities that may be used during the appropriate phases.

Given Roles:
Mafia:
Spoiler for Mafia:

Civs:
Spoiler for Civilians:

third Party
Spoiler for Third Party:

Roleless Civilians were given the following PM:
Spoiler for Roleless PM:
You are a roleless civilian

If you wish to die as a specific character, you can let me know your preference

Spoiler for Ability Priority List:
Mike > Gomez > Saul > Twins > Jesse/Mafia Leader Kill > Hank

Overview of the design:
The main theme going here is the power struggle within the mafia faction. Though the mafia has a higher percentage than usual of players, there is a fight between two people over leadership. The leader, Gus, must outlive Walter in order to win the game. Walter, on the other hand, must have Gus killed in order to win. Even though they are both mafia, really Walter is his own subfaction within the mafia. The other 3 mafia, Jesse, Saul, and Mike don't really have any reason to support Walters conquest to get Gus Killed, and instead must focus on keeping Walter in Check. Walter has 1 ally, Jesse; Jesse eventually earns 1 stock, and can use it to kill at night. Jesse is also hand picked by Walter White, possibly leading to a sense of friendship/respect between the two... or is it a relationship based on manipulation? Jesse can use his kill to help Walter achieve his victory and kill Gus, meanwhile Mike can use his Enforce to keep Jesse in check. But is putting that much focus on the team going to help, when you have serial killers and detectives looking for your head?

On the civ side, you have the typical Detective and Nurse combo, to sniff out the mafia and protect your players from being killed. And then theres good old Hector, strapped with a bomb, ready to kill anybody who dares to kill him at night. Mafia has to be on their toes with EVERY night kill, because it could be their last. They have to capitalize on the Mafias Power Struggle to identify, and lynch, the Mafia and reduce their power. If they are not careful, the game could be over quickly...

Which brings us to the third parties. Skylar is Walters Husband, and as such knows his identity, and knows what he is up to. As they are both in Danger from Gus, she wants to protect her husband and help him get Gus killed. If Walter dies, she dies too. However, once Walter takes over leadership, she wins and leaves the game. She is a nuisance to Gus, a helper to Walter, and potentially can help or hinder the civilian cause depending on what suits her

And then we have the Salamanca Twins, nephews to Hector. They've come up from Mexico with a vengeance, to kill Walter White, Hank Schrader, and Gus Fring. Nothing else matters to these cold blooded killers, not the politics of the struggle or the fight for good vs evil. They leave only a trail of bodies in their wake, and win only if Walter, Hank and Gus die before they do.

The game is basically a trial of Controlled Chaos, and I am excited to see where it takes us.

Phases
One whole cycle (Day and Night) will amount to 48 hours. The Day phase will last 36 hours, starting from 10:00 AM PDT and ending at 10:00 PM PDT the following day. The Night phase will last 12 hours, starting from 10:00 PM PDT and ending at 10:00 AM PDT the following morning.

Posting is allowed during all phases.

Voting
Votes must be submitted via PM using the following method: Lynch Player. Bold and Underline so I can see it if possible, but not required as I know it can be a pain on mobile. No Lynch is a valid voting option. Votes may not be changed once submitted.

Elimination
Once you have been lynched or killed, you may no longer post in the game thread. Your allegiance and role will also be revealed. There will be no last gasps in this game.

Disqualification
Missing a vote will result in a warning. Missing a second vote will DQ you from the game.

Spoiler for Missing Person's Common Sense Rules:
1. Do not PM anyone playing the game. If you are mafia, keep your talk in the mafia conversation. If you're one of the lovers, keep your chat inside the Lovers conversation. You should not be PMing anyone. If you have any questions regarding gameplay, PM me. If someone PMs you that shouldn't be, do not mention it in the thread, just PM me with the the contents of it. PM'ing once will result in a DQ. Habitually doing so will result in a ban. (Things not game related will not result in any penalty, but to keep the integrity of the game, if someone playing PMs you, please report it to me.)

2. No coaching after you're dead. This includes outside of SRK. I don't care what format you're thinking of using, be it Battle.net, AIM, MSN, Skype, Smoke Signals, Texts, Morse Code. Don't do it. Also, because this has happened recently, I will not verify any of your hunches after you die. Keep it to yourself, take it to the Loser's Lounge, if someone shares information they know, don't bring it to anyone else's attention that's still in the game. If someone does this, PM me with the proof, and that person will face a ban.

3. No discussing or plotting to break or bend the rules in your private conversations, lovers and mafia. I'll be in those conversations anyway, so that should go without saying. But just in case you think you can do it while I'm sleeping, think again. If you start discussing something that I don't immediately catch, and that action is taken, once I find out, the perpetrator of the act and the instigator will both receive bans and DQs.

4. Do not try to get removed from the game after it already starts, or try to break the rules to get DQ'd. If something super unexpected happens, I'll try to be reasonable, but overall, if you know you're going to be busy, and unable to play at all, don't sign up. If you suddenly see a full schedule hit your plate just before we start, ask me to take your name off the list, and I'll put in an alternate. After we start, I'm not going to take your name off unless you have a really good reason, and I can find an alternate to take your place. Otherwise, don't deliberately break a rule just to get a DQ. You will not just get a DQ, but banned.

5. Do not post any PMs, even as a joke. If you are going to make an image joke regarding PMs, at least make it obvious that it's a joke (e.g. make it using MSPaint.)

6. English only in game. No foreign languages or encrypted posts are allowed. This prevents the open flow of information. I will make certain exceptions for certain foreign words that have entered the English vernacular, such as "Hasta la vista," or "Por que?" but an entire post in a foreign language will not be permitted.

7. No making wagers in game. This wagering SRK accounts or self-bans is not going to fly anymore, period. Don't do it, I will DQ you if you do.

8. Cut the personal attacks out.  There is a line between in-game shit talk and gamesmanship, and just being a dickhead and being hateful toward other players.  This is starting to get out of hand.  If I tell you to curb it, just do it.  Keep it up, and enjoy a DQ.

Players:

Aidebit - Killed Night 1; survived thanks to bulletproof
Alpha
Augustus Killed Night 2  Lydia Rodarte-Quayle (Roleless Civilian)
BeigeSand Killed Night 3 by Mafia Jane Margolis (Roleless Civilian
BlindKnagg Lynched Day 5  Jake Pinkman (Roleless civ)
The Chief
Cobalt
drwill439
ForgeDigger Lynched Day 3 Victor (Roleless Civilian)
Fruit Punch Samurai G
GodotsRevenge - Lynched Day 2 Gus Fring
I Lurker
JasonC - Lynched Day 1 Skinny Pete (Roleless Civilian)
Jefferson Reed - Won Day 2 Skyler White
Missing Person Killed Night 3 by The Twins  Marie Schrader (Roleless civilian)
RadicalFuzz Lynched Day 4  Jesse Pinkman
Vynce Killed Night 4 Steve Gomez
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:11:37 am by Pimp Willy »
  • Like x 4    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Re: Breaking Bad Mafia, Day 0: Death of Gale Boetticher
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:53:18 am »
I will be keeping the story fluff to a minimum. The truth is, creating the story posts can just take up more time than its worth, and what is really important is the results of the actions moreso than the story the GM creates. I will be getting the results up ASAP, without any story to slow me down. If I have the creative urge, I will go back and write the story as I have time, but its not a priority.

With that being said, lets get the game started.

Pimp Willy was killed!
Pimp Willy was Gale Boetticher

It is now day phase. Day 1 will last an extra 24 hours, to give everyone time to check in. It will end on Wednesday, March 11th at 10:00 PM PDT.
Day 1 time left:
Day 1 has ended

Players:
Alpha
Augustus
BeigeSand
BlindKnagg
The Chief
Cobalt
drwill439
Exodus
ForgeDigger
Fruit Punch Samurai G
GodotsRevenge
Husk
I Lurker
JasonC
Jefferson Reed
Missing Person
RadicalFuzz
XthAtGAm3RGuYX

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:50:45 am by Pimp Willy »
  • Like x 5    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1935
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 07:55:14 am »
Fuzz is acting differently this game. Must be all the meth he's making.

Lynch: RadicalFuzz
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1407
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 07:55:59 am »

Now, who wants to argue cop policy with me this game? Especially after we saw how that shot civs in the foot last game?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:56:20 am »
Motherfuck. Alpha inb4'd me.

My life's over.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 07:57:06 am »
Oh sweet, PW was Mafia.

GG CIVS WIN.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 07:57:52 am »
Oh sweet, PW was Mafia.

GG CIVS WIN.

Such a short memory you have, considering last game

If anybody didnt get their role, PM me and I will sort it out
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

exodus

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +84
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 07:59:03 am »
What's with all the wallflowers already, jeeze. Threads been up 5 minutes.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 08:00:57 am »
Oh sweet, PW was Mafia.

GG CIVS WIN.

Such a short memory you have, considering last game

The last game was Red vs. Blue, and you lost that one.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree x 1    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 08:01:24 am »
Basically, we can ill afford mislynches in this game.  Cop, get a guilty?  Come out with it.  Period. Then we look for spews off of that red check.

We also can hope Walt and Jesse either lead us to the Godfather or Jesse uses his shot on him ASAP.

@Pimp Willy Does Walt's wife count as a civilian for parity?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 08:06:46 am »

Wait, how did you know that Skylar was Walt's wife? You told me you haven't seen Breaking Bad and have no intention of seeing it. Skylar could've been his sister for all you know!

Reeeeeal suspicious, buddy.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 4    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 08:07:29 am »
Basically, we can ill afford mislynches in this game.  Cop, get a guilty?  Come out with it.  Period. Then we look for spews off of that red check.

We also can hope Walt and Jesse either lead us to the Godfather or Jesse uses his shot on him ASAP.

Yes, as does the twins
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 08:14:21 am »
 >:(

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +733
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 08:15:37 am »
So the count is 13 to 5?

If the count is 5 to 5, does the game end, but two of the mafia just don't win?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 08:18:51 am »
So the count is 13 to 5?

If the count is 5 to 5, does the game end, but two of the mafia just don't win?

if all 5 mafia members were alive, then the game would end and then per Walters win condition he loses.

Not sure who the second mafia would be that wouldn't win? Gus doesn't need Walter to die he just can't die before Walter.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 08:20:05 am »

Wait, how did you know that Skylar was Walt's wife? You told me you haven't seen Breaking Bad and have no intention of seeing it. Skylar could've been his sister for all you know!

Reeeeeal suspicious, buddy.
Which brings us to the third parties. Skylar is Walters Husband, and as such knows his identity, and knows what he is up to. As they are both in Danger from Gus, she wants to protect her husband and help him get Gus killed. If Walter dies, she dies too. However, once Walter takes over leadership, she wins and leaves the game. She is a nuisance to Gus, a helper to Walter, and potentially can help or hinder the civilian cause depending on what suits her

Ain't it a common occurance in these games for mafia to not read the writeups in detail?

Spoiler for Hiden:

It does say husband though... PW with them tranny writeups .

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 08:21:06 am »
Hmm I was just reading this part:

The leader, Gus, must outlive Walter in order to win the game. Walter, on the other hand, must have Gus killed in order to win

To me, it sounds like they'd both lose if they were both alive at the end.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 08:25:17 am »
Outlive might also mean that he simply needs to be alive by the time when the civ side loses. That's how I read it at least.

exodus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 08:25:43 am »
Walter dies by cancer in the last write up if he is still alive. So he loses and dies so Gus technically outlives him.

You're welcome, Pimp.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

GodotsRevenge

• Role-claiming Mafia
  • Moldy Toast
  • Rated: +24
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 08:32:11 am »
Checking in.

If Hank dies, will it show that he was protected?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 08:32:27 am »
Motherfuck. Alpha inb4'd me.

My life's over.

Alpha agreed to this post.  As if he were indicating his planned night kill.  Watch it happen now.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 08:36:36 am »
Hmm I was just reading this part:

The leader, Gus, must outlive Walter in order to win the game. Walter, on the other hand, must have Gus killed in order to win

To me, it sounds like they'd both lose if they were both alive at the end.

I can see how it would read like that, but to clarify Gus just can't die before Walter. In this case, Walter would die at the end of the game from his "loss" and gus would win.

Checking in.

If Hank dies, will it show that he was protected?

No, it shows he survives the kill, not protected, so it basically outs his role at that point

GodotsRevenge

• Role-claiming Mafia
  • Moldy Toast
  • Rated: +24
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 08:56:53 am »
I missed a Fire Emblem game when I was gone? Damn.

So I forgot, are edits possible/allowed?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 08:59:29 am »
I missed a Fire Emblem game when I was gone? Damn.

So I forgot, are edits possible/allowed?

the forum shouldnt allow edits to even be possible in this thread
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 09:14:42 am »
Checking in. At work for now. Already a shitty day and I just started my lunch break.

Anyway, while I think it makes for an interesting change of mechanics and how people play, what's up with the last few games not allowing last gasps? Do GM's have something against it that I missed?

I didn't get to comment on this due to my early demise in the previous game, but what is with the overuse of the word "policy" and in what context are you using it? Last game you guys threw around the word "policy" akin to how a teenage girl uses the word "like". I was tearing my hair out in the losers lounge over it.

Its annoying.

It it supposed to be a stand in for "tactics"? "Strategy"? What? Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me when you bring up shit like cop policy.

I can't wait to go home and take a nap and down some ibuprofen. I've barely been getting any sleep. It realty doesn't help that this saw I'm trying to build has small areas that only the hands of an 8 year old would fit into.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 09:35:39 am »
Checking in. At work for now. Already a shitty day and I just started my lunch break.

Anyway, while I think it makes for an interesting change of mechanics and how people play, what's up with the last few games not allowing last gasps? Do GM's have something against it that I missed?

I didn't get to comment on this due to my early demise in the previous game, but what is with the overuse of the word "policy" and in what context are you using it? Last game you guys threw around the word "policy" akin to how a teenage girl uses the word "like". I was tearing my hair out in the losers lounge over it.

Its annoying.

It it supposed to be a stand in for "tactics"? "Strategy"? What? Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me when you bring up shit like cop policy.

I can't wait to go home and take a nap and down some ibuprofen. I've barely been getting any sleep. It realty doesn't help that this saw I'm trying to build has small areas that only the hands of an 8 year old would fit into.

Last gasps are generally not used in Mafia games; when SRK started hosting them, they were used and we continued to use them out of habit more than anything. But what they do, is give the civs way too much of a crutch. UCs can hold results until they die; players can say nothing all game and write a novel on their death. And nobody really had to do anything but read the last gasps of civs. It really makes the game civilian favored.

As we started to realize that, we have been removing them from the games because we want them to be more balanced. Mafia had like an abysmal win rate over the course of SRK mafia, mainly because of this (along with power creep, low mafia %, etc). JTM is trying to get into the more standardized formats, and more balanced games, and so far it seems Last Gasps are helping.

I think last gasps have a place, but should not be expected from all players. Maybe special roles who get them secretely, players who can read a last gasp from a player during the night phase, etc. Or a game where mafia has way more numbers/power than usual, then the civs can get last gasps to help them out.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 09:37:33 am »

Facilier was the reason I didn't allow them in Disney.

Anyway, Skylar should just rat out Walt for an easy win. Once outed, Walt will be forced to rat out Gus or else he'll get lynched first and lose. For cooperating, Gus will be lynched before Walt so Skylar can achieve their win condition and two Mafia are down right away. Weeeee~

That's kinda boring though. Up to Skylar.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 09:40:59 am »
Fuzz is acting differently this game. Must be all the meth he's making.

That new meth lab is a complete coincidence, I swear.

11 Civs: Medic, Bomb, and UC with one-time Bulletproof
5 Mafia: 2 Godfathers, an extra kill N3 or later, Enforcer, and Forger
2 Third Party: Mafia-aligned and one whose goal is to kill 2 Mafia & 1 Civilian

No Vigi, until Jesse & the Twins activate on Night 3, and even then the Twins are almost trying to kill Mafia. MP's right, this game will be won or lost on lynches.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 09:48:42 am »

Anyway, Skylar should just rat out Walt for an easy win. Once outed, Walt will be forced to rat out Gus or else he'll get lynched first and lose. For cooperating, Gus will be lynched before Walt so Skylar can achieve their win condition and two Mafia are down right away. Weeeee~

If Walt were to out who Gus is, I would cooperate and lynch Gus first.

If I were Walt, I would probably out who Gus is anyway, regardless of whether or not Skylar outed. 
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 09:51:54 am »
Checking in.

I wouldn't think anything of Gus or Walt outing each other, but Skylar would be a bit off. She loses her usefulness if she dies because she basically acts as a second vote for Walter. If she dies, Walt has a little less power and influence.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what goes here.

exodus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 09:54:40 am »
Civs should just win if Gus and Walt are dead, since there is a 'leader' aspect to the game. Jesse can't do shit, Mike would dip so fuckin fast and you're high if you think Saul is gonna go around killing people, 'avenging Walter or Gus.'

Of course that fucks up all balance and isn't at all legitimate. It'd be more accurate lol

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 09:58:30 am »
Interesting, Skylar's only win condition is only is that Walt becomes the leader, not that he survives. Good catch.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 10:01:47 am »
Civ Role Notes
Hank - Investigate someone who you think won't be targeted by Saul. Right now, Mafia have 2/5 Innocent checks and it's likely that they'll be using Saul on one of the remaining 3, so in this situation, it is advisable to role-claim as soon as you get a Guilty result.

Selena Gomez - Don't bother Protecting yourself. The Mafia are more than likely going to Enforce their kill target in order to prevent this. Protect the high-level players of this game. If you're not sure who's considered "high-level", check the previous games to see who usually gets killed off early in Night phases (when they're Civ). Don't protect RadicalFuzz. Yes, I realise this is essentially saying that the Medic should protect a select group of people (including myself), but we've seen in the past what happens when "we" are killed off and "the rest" are left over. Speaking of, if any of "us" are left late game, and we haven't made any good reads, please for the love of god suspect us.

Hector - Be as helpful to the Civ cause as possible. Your goal is to make yourself such a fucking nuisance with your reads and ideas that the Mafia have to kill you at Night. Don't try any tricky bullshit like role-claiming Medic, it's too obvious.

Third-Party Notes
Skylar - She currently counts towards the Civilian count. However, for Civs to win, she needs to be removed from the game in some way. My preference is that she loses, so I would like Walter to die before Gus.

Twins - I'm not going to hunt for you until either both Gus and Walter are dead or Hank dies. I don't want either of the third-parties to win this game, but if you manage to kill a couple of Mafia, that'd be swell. Basically, the more Civs you kill, the more I'll want you out of this game.

Mafia Role Notes
Gus - His role card says he can't kill Walter. It doesn't say anything about not being able to kill Jesse. This puts Gus in a catch-22 situation. Walter chose a Jesse that he thinks is likely to kill Gus, Gus has to Night kill Jesse (or heavily push for his/Walt's lynch before Night 3). Gus HAS to do this, otherwise he loses Night 3. If Jesse dies at night, this can help narrow down Walter's identity.

Walter - He'll probably be pushing for Gus' lynch early on. If he can get Gus lynched early, he can die and still win the game. Winning should be his top priority, so the earlier he manages to get Gus lynched, the better his chances are of not dying before Gus.

Jesse - Walter picked him with the intention of him killing Gus. This means he was picked with one (or maybe both) of the following intentions:
  -Jesse and Walt get along well enough for Jesse to slightly decrease their chances of winning for Walt.
  -Jesse and Gus do not get along well, giving Jesse the power to make sure Gus loses.
Knowing 1 of 3 of these identities may help us find the other two, but it isn't something we should rely on. Use this to increase suspicion of a couple of people (i.e. don't let them get ignored).

Mike - Like I said earlier, Mike's resources are most likely going to be tied to the Night kill until Gomez is dead. If they do this (which they most likely are), his ability isn't a threat if Gomez isn't protecting himself anyway.

Saul - 2/5 of the Mafia currently investigate as Innocent. My money's on Saul making that number 3/5. Saul could try and Frame Hank's target, but Hank shouldn't be Investigating obvious targets, and it's better odds for the Mafia to protect one of their own instead of taking a crapshoot.

Final Statement:
If you're stuck on a lynch target for Day 1 and nobody makes a gaffe (look for LALALALALALALALA to see if something is a gaffe or not), Lynch: RadicalFuzz. If you're still stuck on a target, consider the following:
  -If you were Walter, who would you pick as Jesse and why?
  -If (insert player here) was Gus, who would be the best pick for Jesse? (If someone wants to make a list of all the players and their predictions for us to discuss, that'd be awesome.)
  -If you were Jesse, who would you be expected to kill?
You don't have to respond to these questions publicly, but it's probably in our best interest if you did. If we can get a recurring name coming up, we can consider them for a lynch. If they turn up as one of the three, we can use that to try and deduce potential suspects of the other two.

Asking the three questions to myself, I've come up with the following conclusions:
  -Missing Person and TGG are probably not Walter.
  -RadicalFuzz and Augustus are probably not Gus.

@Pimp Willy, update the priority list with the Mafia Night kill. Also, since Hector's ability isn't an 'action', I'm assuming that Mike can't Enforce his ability?
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 10:08:11 am »
Oh, another question for the Final Statement:

-If (insert player here) was Walter, who do they get along with well enough to pick as Jesse?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 10:10:39 am »
Building on that same logic:
-Alpha is probably not Jesse.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 10:11:16 am »

@Pimp Willy, update the priority list with the Mafia Night kill. Also, since Hector's ability isn't an 'action', I'm assuming that Mike can't Enforce his ability?

Mafia Leader kill will happen simultaneously with Jesse's kill, will update

And yes, Hectors is a passive ability not an action, so he cannot be enforced to shut it down

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 10:14:37 am »
Hmm we could also postulate that none of the new players would be recruited as Jesse, so:
-Jefferson Reed is probably not Jesse.

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 10:21:00 am »
Checking in. Time for this seasoned mafia veteran to work some analytic magic and solve shit.
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:32 am »
I need a little while longer before I start building any reads. It's always difficult when everyone is talking new game rules / strategy immediately in the beginning.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:53 am »
Building on that same logic:
-Alpha is probably not Jesse.

Took me a bit to figure out how you came to this conclusion, but I understand. And you're right, I wouldn't.

Hmm we could also postulate that none of the new players would be recruited as Jesse, so:
-Jefferson Reed is probably not Jesse.

I like this (hurr that's what the reaction buttons are for, retard). If we can get a decent list of probably not's, we might be able to get a list of people we should look into (especially people recurring on lists). We will have to watch out for Mafia trying to influence the lists, but for the most part, we can get a pretty accurate list without Mafia being able to blatantly lie without drawing attention.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2015, 10:24:39 am »
-Fruit Punch Samurai G is probably not Jesse.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2015, 10:24:59 am »
I need a little while longer before I start building any reads. It's always difficult when everyone is talking new game rules / strategy immediately in the beginning.

Then don't try building reads yet and talk strategy with us instead?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2015, 10:26:06 am »
Checking in.

I wouldn't think anything of Gus or Walt outing each other, but Skylar would be a bit off. She loses her usefulness if she dies because she basically acts as a second vote for Walter. If she dies, Walt has a little less power and influence.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Just kidding, found something.

You say Skylar loses her usefulness if she dies because she's basically a second vote for Walt and his influence? Why would that be useful to you if you weren't mafia?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2015, 10:29:03 am »

Then don't try building reads yet and talk strategy with us instead?
I'm getting there, give me a minute to address your entire post. :P

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +145
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2015, 10:44:10 am »
Alpha / Fuzz are Walt and Gus, because PW has a sense of humor.

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2015, 10:46:57 am »

Broken. I like this because I completely believe Pimp Willy would respect this play given how he designs his games.

Skylar, where you at?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2015, 10:54:40 am »
Checking in.

I Lurker is also probably not Jesse.
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2015, 10:55:23 am »
Alpha / Fuzz are Walt and Gus, because PW has a sense of humor.
This also seems like a forced misunderstanding of how the roles work.
かえるおねがい!

c:

exodus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2015, 11:24:26 am »
I understand the logic behind writing off fresh faces from the 'Jesse pool' but I'm not following you guys down that path:
a) it's metagaming shit and metagaming has bitten me for the last time in the disney game.
b) why would a seasoned Walt not pick a fresh faced jesse? They would have had to have seen this conversation coming. Showing a new guy you trust them to do the right thing would be a good way to get on their good side, imo.
c) what if walt is a new guy?
d) walt probably would have taken into consideration the possibility of jesse dying before himself thus incriminating anyone who is close to jesse, or people that we would think of as being the walt that chose that jesse.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)