August 18, 2017, 06:34:34 pm

Author Topic: Mafia Championship Season 4  (Read 2128 times)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1397
Mafia Championship Season 4
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:37:29 pm »
Thingyman reached out to me again, and we're once again invited to the GoC.  Which fool brave individual are we sending this year?

Here's a list of who we've sent before, they are still available to go:

Season 1
@Missing Person
@Synonym

Season 2
@✰Alpha✰

Season 3
@Augustus Ineligible--Reached Finals of GoC 3

People who have been offered invite:
jasonC - declined
Blindknagg - busy
Pimp Willy - declined
@Bious
@kaz - declined
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:36:19 pm by Missing Person »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1895
Re: Mafia Championship Season 4
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 08:53:30 pm »
Thingyman reached out to me again, and we're once again invited to the GoC.  Which fool brave individual are we sending this year?

Here's a list of who we've sent before, they are still available to go:

Season 1
@Missing Person
@Synonym

Season 2
@✰Alpha✰

Season 3
@Augustus

When is this? I swear to GOD IF HE INTERRUPTS MY RATCHET: GLADIATOR GAME AGAIN I'M FUCKING BLACKLISTING MAFIAUNIVERSE.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 09:03:41 pm »
I know the deadline to confirm participation is the 16th (or 23rd if we need an extension):

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)[/u]

Hello everyone! :)

I would very much like to invite your community to take part in Season 4 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual online tournament series that pits representatives from various forum Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internetís greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their ďChampionĒ.

Season 1 ran in 2013-2014, while Season 2 and Season 3 ran in 2015 and 2016, respectively. As of Season 3, a total of 160 communities have been represented in the Mafia Championship, making it the largest cross-forum event on the Internet.

I hope that all this sounds very exciting to you guys :)

1. Do you accept the invite?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me before April 13 to ensure yourselves a spot. If you need more time than this to think about whether you wish to participate, let me know and I can extend the deadline.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 22. If this is too soon for you, again, just let me know :)

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If itís okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, thereís a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.
  • Relevant only to communities that participated last season: Season 3 Finalists are not eligible to play again this season.
2. Season 4 Format

The tournament structure
  • 135 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • 9 Qualifying Games will be played consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. 1 player will advance directly to the Finale Game from each Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. I.e. 9 of the 15 finalists will be found this way.
  • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 3 will along with me discuss and vote to determine a group of 30 wildcard players who will play in 2 Semi Final Wildcard Games. From each of these two games, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game.
  • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall hold the title of Season 4 Champion.
The setup

MOUNTAINOUS:
12 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia Goons

Weíre going back to basics for Season 4. Each season weíre changing it up, and for this season itís finally time to play without any power roles or abilities at all. Pure mafia. You have only yourself and your reading/bluffing abilities to count on.

Relevant mechanics info
  • Day start.
  • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
  • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
  • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
  • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (Iíll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
  • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
3. Season 4 Timeline

The first Qualifying Game is currently set to start April 24th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

Kind regards,
Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Skype (thingyman) or Discord (Thingyman#6075).
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +781
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 09:36:11 pm »
I'd probably vote to send someone new rather than let any of the previous champions return.

As for nominations, I nominate @Blindknagg and @Cobalt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 09:54:30 pm »
As a well-balanced Mafia player representative, I nominate @jasonC.

As a true representative of JTM, I nominate @Pimp Willy.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 10:21:22 pm »
jason is a good choice. I'll still whore myself out, so long as I don't get Scott Howard in my game somehow.

I worry about players who don't post a lot per day, so Blindknagg is iffy.  So too is FPSG, who has leveled up, but I feel like his mafia play needs to improve as well.

If we're sending someone new, I choose jason.  Honestly, we've ran a full season of games, so if we go off ELO, then we have to send jason. I don't think Augustus can go because he made the finals of Season 3. So then it would go PW, kaz, and down the line until someone says they want to go.  I don't know anyone else that hasn't already participated that can handle the volume of posts and maintain the minimum post count.

Otherwise, I would still go.

Vynce I know won't go even if he weren't busy. Chief probably wouldn't right now.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:23:05 pm by Missing Person »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 10:26:15 pm »
I'd probably vote to send someone new rather than let any of the previous champions return.

As for nominations, I nominate @Blindknagg and @Cobalt.

Also, Cobalt represented GTF last year I think, so if we go by people who have played in GoC before, Cobalt would be ineligible as well on here.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 01:13:46 am »
I worry about players who don't post a lot per day, so Blindknagg is iffy.

Yepp, I should prob start signing up on the more activity demanding sites once I get time for it to improve on that aspect of my game.

I got a lot of stuff eating up my time for the coming month(s) so wouldn't have the time to devote to this even if I do get nominated.

I also nominate Jason.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1501
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 10:20:15 am »
I'd definitely pass my spot to somebody with more passion for this go round if my name is actually in contention
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 04:57:43 pm »
I don't want to play in it.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 06:09:37 pm »
lol, our champion is gonna be based on who we've got left that wants to play voluntarily. Which so far, I think the only person to volunteer is MP. DEFAULT DEFAULT DEFAULT.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 06:12:05 pm »
WAIT CAN WE SEND RADICALFUZZ? Then other websites can have their own Toogs!

But for real, is @Bious interested?
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 07:36:10 pm »
I'll go down the list.

Next up is @Blindknagg

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2017, 07:37:17 pm »
Who already said no.

Next then is @kaz, who probably has MU blocked at work as well.

If he doesn't respond, next is @Bious

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 01:52:30 am »
Long time no see people. I'm not sure if mafia universe is blocked at work and I am definitely out of practice of playing mafia games. Going to defer to one of you guys who I know would do better than I.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 07:24:27 am »
I'm the Toogs we need, not the Toogs we deserve.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs x 1 (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 03:16:27 pm »
Next then is @kaz, who probably has MU blocked at work as well.

Speaking of, found out that JTM is blocked on Hungry Jack's (Burger King) Wi-Fi.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 3    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 07:37:33 pm »
Should we even send out invites to people who didn't answer the invite to be in All Stars? If they can't be arsed to play in our big game, do we really want them to represent us in the GoC?

They probably won't even respond anyway, which makes it more of a time crunch to find someone.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +612
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 09:34:38 pm »
Not I

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 11:30:07 pm »
I mean, if Bious declines, who is next on the list? I'll go if we need a representative. I think we can send a repeat right?

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 12:46:34 am »
Wait what?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 10:18:25 am »
I think @Bious you're the next person nominated for the Game of Champions Mafia game if you want to represent us

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 10:19:37 am »
Seems like I'm the only one.

I guess I can go and rep JTM.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 11:32:18 am »
The only one we can't send is Augustus.

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 11:33:01 am »
You're not the only one, just next on the list.

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 10:12:47 pm »
Looks like Bious is going then!

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 09:45:27 pm »
Yay, default!

かえるおねがい!

c:

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2017, 06:49:19 am »
All signed up, I just need to create a bio. Thingybob said I can enlist my community to help, so I figured I would have you all write some nice things about me and my skills as a mafia player.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2017, 08:32:18 am »
@Blindknagg I need your shitposting prowess. All I can think of are positives and Arena/GM failures.

-Has played in every SRK/JTM All-Star game
-Sometimes wins Mafia games
-Has a lot of imaginary internet Mafia points

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2017, 09:21:10 am »
You forgot has the best JTM avatar.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2017, 09:47:20 am »
Excuse you.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 10:15:48 am »
-writes properly most of the time

かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2017, 10:33:42 am »
You forgot has the best JTM avatar.

The fact that the background isn't transparent triggers me.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2017, 10:51:44 am »
The fact that the background isn't transparent triggers me.

Me too, but I lost the one that was transparent so here we are.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2017, 12:52:24 pm »
Likes My Little Porny a bit too much.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 02:58:23 pm »
"Got sent to GoC by default."
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2017, 04:58:06 pm »
@Blindknagg I need your shitposting prowess. All I can think of are positives and Arena/GM failures.

Was trying to dig up the old tunnel vision masterpiece you painted a long ass time ago but it doesn't show up on SRK anymore  :(

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 05:06:30 pm »
Guys we need street cred so lets mention that he's black. Then people will be all "Man that JTM site, they are very streets ahead and welcoming of all people."

That way we can sucker in new members before they realize the general hate and evilness of our community.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 3    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 05:12:38 pm »
Bious is a real nigga PG rated alternative, squigga?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2017, 07:46:10 pm »
Was trying to dig up the old tunnel vision masterpiece you painted a long ass time ago but it doesn't show up on SRK anymore  :(

Fucking DROPBOX. I'll have to reupload all these to imgur one day.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7imz0e4wlz5fdwx/Tunnel%20Vision.png?dl=0

Birthday version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5x9isxn3hhic4k/See%20The%20Future.png?dl=0

That does remind me.

-Has trouble identifying moose

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2017, 01:01:02 am »
Loves 🌈.

Thingyman

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +36
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2017, 02:35:41 am »
Update on The Mafia Championship

Exciting news: We are expanding to 150 participating communities, which is more than last season. In fact, we may even go for 165 communities depending on how some invitations go.

On that note, if you know of a community that might be interested in participating and isn't on the list in the linked post, let me know and I'll be happy to give them an invitation: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21?p=1070949&viewfull=1#post1070949

Since none of the representatives chosen at this point have indicated that they can only play if their game starts April 24, I have made the decision that the qualifying phase won't begin until May 1st in order to allow me more time to get everything properly organized and to get all representatives properly prepared. This will have no impact on the overall schedule for this season; the qualifying phase will still be wrapped up by early July, after which we dive into the wildcard games followed by the finale game.

As for how to spectate your representative, I'll get back to you with more info on that, but cliffs: Your community may of course create your own private spectator chat (that your rep can't access), but the general spectator chat (where all communities gather and chat together) will be on Discord this year. If you want an invite to the server already now, just write me.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2017, 07:15:36 am »
Ah, good shit changing to Discord. Those fucking Skype notifications drove me insane last time.

I'll stick to our private chat tho, ain't no shitposting like personalised shitposting.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2017, 11:08:19 am »
Invite SRK Kappa
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 2    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2017, 01:49:20 pm »
Has everyone made sure that 247sports.com got an invite?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2017, 03:15:01 pm »
Has everyone made sure that 247sports.com got an invite?

Got some homework for you. Toogs has a Reddit account. I want a Salted Butter Podcast devoted to it. Like if SRK hates me for saying nigger, they would install their own Toogs button after reading some of his comments.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2017, 04:18:52 pm »
Got some homework for you. Toogs has a Reddit account. I want a Salted Butter Podcast devoted to it. Like if SRK hates me for saying nigger, they would install their own Toogs button after reading some of his comments.

Not too hard. https://www.reddit.com/user/tooogs

He was recruiting for clash of clans, saying "We are Terps Win B1G, an adults-only, serious, and fun fair play war clan. Thatís Bee-One-Gee as in the Big Ten conference which we are going to destroy in basketball and be destroyed in football for the foreseeable future. We started as a group of mostly Maryland Terrapins fans from the 247sports.com Terps site (thus the clan name), but have evolved into a serious war clan and welcome members from anywhere. We still talk a lot of sports--especially Terps--in chat so it's a plus if you like to too, but not required."
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2017, 04:20:15 pm »
Seems boring though, thats only for clash of clans related posts. Theres gotta be a better account.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2017, 05:28:27 pm »
Seems boring though, thats only for clash of clans related posts. Theres gotta be a better account.

/Tortugagrande

Also turns out Syn sent me the link to his account earlier this morning because we both had the same idea.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2017, 05:32:42 pm »
Im not entirely convinced that other one was him, that was the first one I checked but I found nothing tying him to maryland or sports