August 18, 2017, 04:56:05 pm

Author Topic: Breaking Bad Mafia Sign Ups  (Read 17907 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1501
Breaking Bad Mafia Sign Ups
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:45 pm »
I am proud to present, the Breaking Bad Mafia game. Really I would like this to have run closer to the finale, but still its a great premise for a show. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you go watch it.

Number of Players:
Minimum of 15. Can scale up if needed, but I don't want to impose the need for a huge roster.
5 Mafia
8 civs
2 Third Party

Here are the roles:

Mafia:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Civs:
Spoiler for Hiden:

third Party
Spoiler for Hiden:

Overview of the design:
The main theme going here is the power struggle within the mafia faction. Though the mafia has a higher percentage than usual of players, there is a fight between two people over leadership. The leader, Gus, must outlive Walter in order to win the game. Walter, on the other hand, must have Gus killed in order to win. Even though they are both mafia, really Walter is his own subfaction within the mafia. The other 3 mafia, Jesse, Saul, and Mike don't really have any reason to support Walters conquest to get Gus Killed, and instead must focus on keeping Walter in Check. Walter has 1 ally, Jesse; Jesse eventually earns 1 stock, and can use it to kill at night. Jesse is also hand picked by Walter White, possibly leading to a sense of friendship/respect between the two... or is it a relationship based on manipulation? Jesse can use his kill to help Walter achieve his victory and kill Gus, meanwhile Mike can use his Enforce to keep Jesse in check. But is putting that much focus on the team going to help, when you have serial killers and detectives looking for your head?

On the civ side, you have the typical Detective and Nurse combo, to sniff out the mafia and protect your players from being killed. And then theres good old Hector, strapped with a bomb, ready to kill anybody who dares to kill him at night. Mafia has to be on their toes with EVERY night kill, because it could be their last. They have to capitalize on the Mafias Power Struggle to identify, and lynch, the Mafia and reduce their power. If they are not careful, the game could be over quickly...

Which brings us to the third parties. Skylar is Walters Husband, and as such knows his identity, and knows what he is up to. As they are both in Danger from Gus, she wants to protect her husband and help him get Gus killed. If Walter dies, she dies too. However, once Walter takes over leadership, she wins and leaves the game. She is a nuisance to Gus, a helper to Walter, and potentially can help or hinder the civilian cause depending on what suits her

And then we have the Salamanca Twins, nephews to Hector. They've come up from Mexico with a vengeance, to kill Walter White, Hank Schrader, and Gus Fring. Nothing else matters to these cold blooded killers, not the politics of the struggle or the fight for good vs evil. They leave only a trail of bodies in their wake, and win only if Walter, Hank and Gus die before they do.

The game is basically a trial of Controlled Chaos, and I am excited to see where it takes us.

Mafia Video:

Players:

1) Exodus
2) XthAtGAm3RGuYX
3) Augustus
4) Fruit Punch Samurai G
5) BeigeSand
6) I Lurker
7) ForgeDigger
8) Missing Person
9) Cobalt
10) Alpha
11) JasonC
12) Husk
13) RadicalFuzz
14) BlindKnagg
15) Jefferson Reed
16) GodotsRevenge
17) The Chief
18) Jackie Chiles

Alternates:
Aidebit
SoliloquyAside
Vynce
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:11:50 pm by Pimp Willy »
  • Like x 5    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

exodus

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +84
Re: Breaking Bad Mafia Sign Ups
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 12:06:54 pm »
Sign me up. Looks great.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:26:07 pm »
Shaking up the traditional roles a bit huh?

Put me in coach!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 01:55:51 pm »
I might not have enough time, so if it's still a thing, I wanna sign up as an alternate.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 01:56:58 pm »
Sign me up.

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 02:07:27 pm »
A chance to redeem my terrible first game. I'm in.
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +145
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 02:21:09 pm »
Sign me up.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +10
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 03:20:42 pm »
I'm in.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +612
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 03:44:31 pm »
Strange concept, making the numbers of the civs so close to mafia.

I'm in.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1397
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 04:05:03 pm »
I'm in.

Do you have dental?
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 04:11:39 pm »
@Cobalt @Husk @Leaflord @kaz

Come get your salty runbacks!
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 04:55:37 pm »
I have no idea about anything about this show, other than its ethically deplorable premise.

But I can live with that.

Pass. :coffee:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 05:30:15 pm »
So basically, Walter and Skylar have a lover's conversation, as does the twins?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 06:01:46 pm »
Strange concept, making the numbers of the civs so close to mafia.

I'm in.

15 players makes it a bit more akward, so hopefully we get a few more to pad the civs
So basically, Walter and Skylar have a lover's conversation, as does the twins?

They know eachother, but don't have a lovers conversation; The Twins are just one role, so one person is "The Twins" its not 2 separate people
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 06:05:29 pm »
I'm again, not a fan of the premise of the show, but I want dem ELO points.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 06:12:38 pm »
Do the twins have to die for the game to end?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 06:14:36 pm »
I'm so fucking in. Gonna drag the mafia to the PITS this time. Y'all aren't ready.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 06:17:58 pm »
I'm so fucking in. Gonna drag the mafia to the PITS this time. Y'all aren't ready.

But what if you're mafia?  Still to the pits?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1895
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 06:37:49 pm »
I don't like the increased chance of me being Mafia. I do, however, like the increased chance of Fuzz being Mafia.

In.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 06:42:57 pm »
I don't like the increased chance of me being Mafia. I do, however, like the increased chance of Fuzz being Mafia.

In.

Fuzz isn't in yet.

Husk

• HLA
  • Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +24
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 06:53:54 pm »
I will play.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 09:07:42 pm »
Fuzz isn't in yet.

You're right. I'm SUPER worried about Fuzz not playing in a Mafia game. That'd be SUCH a disaster and I'd HATE for it to happen.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 09:13:08 pm »
@RadicalFuzz, plz join before Alpha breaks bad.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 05:26:00 am »
@RadicalFuzz, plz join before Alpha breaks bad.

I'll do the breaking and he can be bad.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 07:40:24 am »
Finished the backstory video that sums up the story for the main characters, will be posting it to youtube soon. Am gonna work on one for the Twins since their story doesnt really fit into this narrative; if you havent seen Breaking Bad or you need a refresher, it should get you up to speed

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 07:41:21 am »
Do the twins have to die for the game to end?

Nope. Technically the twins lose if the civs win and hank is still alive. Or if the mafia wins and gus/walter are still alive.

But the civs can with with the twins still alive

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 08:42:14 am »
Backstory Video:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 09:29:43 am »
Need to change it from Private to Unlisted.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:34 am »
Actually it got hit by Youtubes copyright system and is blocked worldwide, god damn it youtube lol

may just have to upload it to the webserver and let people download it if they're interested

http://jesustoastmafia.com/bbmafiamovie.mp4

download/stream it here
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:09:29 pm by Pimp Willy »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 03:17:23 pm »
you got buttfucked by content ID bro.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 05:31:48 pm »
Ok sign me up.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 05:52:32 pm »
Me & jasonC singlehandedly bringing up that ELO average right now.

@The Chief, where you at, nigguh?
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 06:37:12 pm »
Sign me up.

Dear future Walter: If Alpha is future Gus, and you pick me, I guarantee you my complete allegiance for the duration of the future game.

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »
I'm here nyukkuh.

My work schedule is looking suspect but I'll take a subject-to-change reserve spot if they are available.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 02:17:03 am »
I'm in.

Now I just need to marathon the show before the game starts D:

Jefferson Reed

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +13
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 08:56:30 am »
I love Breaking Bad. Can I play?

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 09:09:52 am »
You missed Husk's sign-up, Willy.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 09:20:34 am »
You missed Husk's sign-up, Willy.

Went through and updated it, if I missed somebody let me know. We have the minimum 15 now, if we can get a few more civs that would be awesome. Either way the game will start next monday.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 09:36:21 am »

Everyone else is scurr'd of losing dem points.

exodus

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +84
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2015, 09:38:48 am »

That insurmountable 1 game lead.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 4    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +612
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2015, 09:55:15 am »
Got my avy all set up. :tup:
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2015, 01:05:52 pm »
@Pimp Willy On my PC, when I open the spoiler to look at the role cards, they are shown in their actual size and the text is cutoff to where I can't read it.  Is that something you can fix on your end or is it a setting with my browser on my end?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2015, 01:22:34 pm »

Shiieeet nigga we're 1-0! Undefeated! We's going to da supah bowl now!

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2015, 01:38:58 pm »
How salty would you be if the vigi sniped you N1 this game?

(is there a vigi in this game?  I can't read the role text)

(and not saying if I were vigi I'd do it, although that would be hilarious)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2015, 01:40:13 pm »
@Pimp Willy On my PC, when I open the spoiler to look at the role cards, they are shown in their actual size and the text is cutoff to where I can't read it.  Is that something you can fix on your end or is it a setting with my browser on my end?

We have a forum extension that resizes images if they're too large. Not sure what that's not working for you, perhaps you're running noscript or something?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2015, 02:43:08 pm »

I'd probably just delete my account because clearly a select few dont want me here at that point.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2015, 06:51:34 pm »
I love Breaking Bad. Can I play?

PW's brother confirmed!

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2015, 07:06:17 pm »

I'd probably just delete my account because clearly a select few dont want me here at that point.

Oh no, you might be Vigi'd night 1, whatever will you do!

AlphaSig.jpg

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2015, 07:49:29 pm »
Does "Mafia Leader" mean they submit the night kill regardless of what the other mafia say?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2015, 08:40:49 pm »
Yes, leader is the one responsible for the night kill. The other mafia must submit their own actions on their own