August 18, 2018, 03:53:23 am

Author Topic: We Lift Dat: The JTM fitness thread  (Read 35512 times)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1422
We Lift Dat: The JTM fitness thread
« on: February 28, 2015, 06:36:15 am »
So, I've decided to get a gym membership and get in shape.  I'm not fat, but this sedentary lifestyle of working in an office all day is really killing my energy levels as well as my focus level.  On top of that, I've never had much of an upper body to speak of, nor abs.  So, I've decided to make this happen.

Not wanting to get ripped, just fit.

I know jabs has been working out a lot, and homey is built like a tank now, but I don't know who else does any exercise here.

So I'll kick things off, this is what I'm thinking about starting with:

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-0

What's a safe way to figure out my maxes, so that I can get started proper with this?  And what weight should I start with on the reverse pyramid scale? Obviously under my maxes, but I don't know how far under.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Re: We Lift Dat: The JTM fitness thread
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:27:31 am »
Day 1

First hard part down. I made it to the gym. I started to the first part of thos program.  I kicked things off with a jog on the treadmill just to get myself used to some form of exertion. Did 10 minutes,  a little over a kilometer, nothing that would push me too hard, but something to get my blood pumping.

Then went through with everything in my program. Was supposed to have a trainer with me but apparently they all went on vacation. WTF. Had to mete out exactly what weights I needed to start with,  mere trial and error of picking shit up in the proper form and judging for myself what was too much.

That seemed to work. The workout felt great.

And now we wait for my body's eventual rebellion.

Also included in spoilers is my before pic. Plan on doing one a week through the start of the program then maybe once a month thereafter. Warning, MP shirtless is blinding.

Spoiler for Nigga, I warned you:

Also, my paper is blurry. It states that it was taken the night before I started, and I'm 5'9" and way 147.7 lbs. That's 175cm and 67kg for all you non-murrican folk.

私はロン•バーガンデイですか?

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

exodus

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +84
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:12:24 am »
Only being 3 inches taller and weighing 30 pounds more kinda sucks lol. I'm at a computer desk 16 hours a day like 4 days a week probably. I've been doing bickram yoga which I like. I want to find a place that I can go to that's more a relaxing speed though, being so sedentary is hell on my lower back. I was in awesome shape my jr year of school when I was going to the gym consistently, 2 years ago, but I started getting shin splints and getting to the gym at the top of a hill was a hastle <- excuses.

Been working on my diet. Trying to get more veggies and less fried meals and pizza in my gullet. I'm still on shaky ground as far as work goes but once I get really settled down I'll find a gym that's convientient to get to.

Oh also play indoor soccer once a week. I'm not great, 0 points in footskills, but I'll be damned if I'm not the fastest dude on the field at any point in time. So that's my fun cardio for the week. I'm playing next session too, plus picking up flag football in the spring. Bout to be the randy moss of my league there, I signed up with a low tier league from reddit so I'm just feeling out the competition in the city league. So I'm excited for that. Also going to bike to get around once the weather breaks, so in the midwest is probably like 4 months away :mad:

also related and its one of my new favorite subreddits: /r/swoleacceptance ...wheymen
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:25:18 am by exodus »

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:47:41 am »
Starting out, you ought to focus on cardiovascular conditioning, with high rep low set weight training.

This is to get your body used to training, and to strengthen stabilizer muscles that more like than not are seriously under-developed.

You want to try going 3-4 times a week for lifting, to start, coupled with cardio.

Cardio and calisthenics on your off days is not a bad look. If you go 3 times a week, alternate upper body exercises two days a week and lower body once, with the reverse. Otherwise do both upper and lower body twice a week, per a 4 day routine.

Start with two different exercises per major body part.

Example:

Biceps: standing free-weight curls & preacher curls

Experiment around, and find the weight where doing 2 sets of 15 reps is an effort, and then use that for a couple of sessions. If you’ve got the pluck left, do a third set each. Then, in a week, if you’re up to it, increase the weight.

Do this for a couple of months.

Then you can start thinking about serious lifting.

Also: diet & sleep are HUGELY important.

You want to take in at least a gram of protein per your desired body weight, and to get enough sleep in order to repair and build.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +564
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 01:19:16 pm »
Aw man, my post vanished. Anyway, my normal spring/summer  weight is 177lb. I'm at my winter weight of 185 right now. Been doing over 100 push-ups a day, and have definitely seen a change in body composition.

Normally, I'm content to weight until spring to trim back down, but I'm heading to Florida in early May. So I have to expedite things.

I hit the gym for the first time in months today, on lunch. Burned 416 calories in about 28.5 minutes. Been eating better, too.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:20:34 pm by Vynce »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 01:21:12 pm »
...That typo can stay

Oh yeah, I'm 5'10"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:23:56 pm by Vynce »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 04:04:32 pm »
Yeah, I'm actually not feeling that much of a rebellion from my body today.  I was shocked.  My inner thighs and lower back are the most sore things on my body, nothing else really feels too bad.

I've already to going in and doing some more running + some calisthenics today, my off days are today and thursday.  I'm doing 3 sets of 15 crunches right now in my regimen, and I may scale that back some just because I'm not sure if I should keep that going for every day right now.

Plus I figure if I can go at least 5 days a week, this will become habitual really quick and I won't feel like it's burdensome to go every day later.  Plus I paid for 3 months in advance, might as well get my money's worth.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »
Hmmm...

To post what I did at the gym today, or not to post it...

Spoiler for Hiden:
11+ miles on  the elliptical (10.75 just under an hour

Bench Press: 270x6x5 -2 on the last set, 250x4x2, 220x8x4, 200x10x3
Seated Bench Press: 150x6x5, 100x10x3
Fly Press: 170x8x4, 150x10x3

Biceps Curls: 50x10x3, 55x8x4, 60x6x5, 45x10x3, 40x10x3
Preacher Curls: 110x15x2

Seated Triceps Pushdowns: 200x6x5
Triangle Grip Standing Pushdowns: 140x15x2, 150x10x1, 160x8x1, 170x6x1
Angle Middle Grips: 140x15x2, 150x10x1, 160x8x1, 170x2... done, lol.

Forearm Curls: 80x15x5

Somewhat tame, I know.

But that frontloaded cardio...

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 05:16:41 pm »
Yeah, you're beating the shit out of me, but I can't hate.

I'm not looking to build mega high, just wanting to build.  Plus, just starting, no way I can push myself.

I'll show my exact weights after my Wednesday session.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 05:29:17 pm »
I'm just looking to tone up some. I like myself in the 170's.

I think I can make some things happen in these 2 months. I have as much muscle mass as I ever have, and I've gotten a steady, consistent diet (not "diet") going.

I always think it's interesting how some people are meant to be a certain way, at their best. At my smallest, I weighed around 160 and people later told me I looked sick.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 05:34:48 pm »
Y'all are mad silly.

I'm not going for size - strength, yes, if it comes.

But I LIKE being able to shake hands behind my head.

Flexibility + speed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> brawn.

Erry.

Dey.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 05:47:49 pm »
Vynce's last sentence rings out to me.  Even with exercise before, I remember being in the locker room in high school and people saying I looked emaciated and my friends even telling me they were going to give me their burgers at lunch.  Problem was I was eating a LOT and not gaining, my metabolism was too fast.

So even if I was doing work, it didn't amount to much.  So I want more tone for sure, something I've never really had.  Plus I want my energy back.  Basically feel great, look great, are my goals.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 05:58:45 pm »
My metabolism is -not- fast, and I have a big frame.

Our bodies want us to be a certain way.  Since Azure mentions it, though- I am quite flexible. I can only put my left foot behind my head, though. There isn't a spot on my back I can't reach.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 06:22:25 pm »
On the more general topic of health, I've been vaping after smoking for over 10 years. I have no delusions about the health risks associated with the former, but it feels so much better.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 06:23:35 pm »
(Started on Dec. 31st. Had 2 cigarettes daily for several days. Immediately noticed how awful smoking made me feel in contrast to vaping.)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 06:28:12 pm »
Good shit.  People need to eventually stop both, I can't see vaping as anything but a bridge for quitting smoking completely.

It's hard though.  I've gotta cut back on the amount of fucking oreos I ingest weekly too.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:28:47 pm by Missing Person »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 04:50:27 am »
Day 2

OH GOD IT BURNS IT BURNS!

I was feeling great when I woke up in the morning.  Then at about noonish, everything started aching.  Still is, only I just got back home from the gym, so it aches more so.

But whatever, good session today.  Basically did 10 minutes jogging on the treadmill, which equated to 1.3km, then 3 sets of 15 crunches, 3 sets of 12 pushups, 3 sets of 10 raised pushups, and then capped it off by running on the treadmill (not jogging) until I couldn't keep going.

Yeah, it hurts, but it hurts in a good way.  Tomorrow will be a big test, whether I can keep lifting despite the soreness.  I'm pretty sure if I can just tell myself "Fuck it, only pussies quit," and push through it, I'll make it.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 10:01:35 am »
421 calories on arc trainer. Hot and dying. Time to get back to work- hurray

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 05:59:51 am »
Day 3

I survived the hump.  I know as sore as I was, that if I could make it through this workout, I could survive this program.  Didn't skip a single workout, managed to make it rain.

Had a lift partner today, which was really helpful.  He was good on watching my form as I did each lift, and make sure I wasn't cheating myself on anything.  Very beneficial.

Got a teacher's dinner tomorrow that I couldn't weasel out of.  Hoping it's a shitload of meat, then I'm high tailing myself back to the gym for calisthenics.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 08:04:25 pm »
I worked 10-10 today, so I decided today was a good rest day,

I did do 80 push-ups before I went in, though. Just knocked out another 20.

Weighed in at 184.4 this morning. Down about 5 pounds from a week and a half ago or so. 7lbs from my Spring weight. Then it'll get tough.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:05:25 pm by Vynce »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 11:12:36 pm »
I haven't lost any weight since I started, but that's fine, as long as I'm toning.

My legs are starting to get used to the program, as are my arms for the most part.

I have a crick in my neck though, not sure how to get it out.  Not a lot of lost mobility there, but it is annoying.

My worst sensations are in my abs, they are NOT playing along nicely with this regimen.  They me the hardest for me to keep going on, but a must, honestly.

exodus

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +84
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 07:18:57 am »
Especially early on weight doesn't mean anything. When you are just starting you're going to be burning less dense fat and adding more dense muscle so gaining weight as that happens is a possibility.

Pissed I have a bye-week in soccer this week. I want to find a gym now. Really want to get back into weight training.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree x 2    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 07:56:33 am »
I haven't lost any weight since I started, but that's fine, as long as I'm toning.

My legs are starting to get used to the program, as are my arms for the most part.

I have a crick in my neck though, not sure how to get it out.  Not a lot of lost mobility there, but it is annoying.

My worst sensations are in my abs, they are NOT playing along nicely with this regimen.  They me the hardest for me to keep going on, but a must, honestly.

Eat more protein.

Mineral Ice + no pillow under your head to get that crick out.

Eat more protein.

You silly kids and your abs complaints make me LAUGH. Try having less that a finger's breadth between your hip bones and your rib cage, lol. 'Tis a fun thing when doing crunches.

Eat more protein.

Build your chest up some, son. Seriously.

Eat more protein.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 04:23:45 pm »
Yeah, I could kind of expect no initial weight loss.  But my energy levels are up a little more and I'm able to do more, my muscles are starting to get used to the pace I'm throwing at them nightly.

I'll do that no pillow thing and see if that helps tonight.  I had an Icy Hot patch on my neck last night and it helped some.  Still there.

Gym was closed for some inane holiday where everyone decided it would be fun to set off random assortments of fireworks and make my complex sound and smell like a warzone.  Did what I could at home, did some stair climbs to supplement for the lack of jogging/running I could do.  Going back tonight for weight training.

GodotsRevenge

• Role-claiming Mafia
  • Moldy Toast
  • Rated: +24
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 10:13:42 am »
Eat more protein.

Adding to this, you want to eat more unsaturated fats if you're not eating enough.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 12:27:43 pm »
Eat more protein.

Adding to this, you want to eat more unsaturated fats if you're not eating enough.

This is very true.

Olive oil and nuts... no Hakan-o.

And, on the off-chance you aren't getting enough carbs, eat more carbs.

You'll know you're not eating enough carbs, when you feel stupid.

Your brain runs off of them.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 07:55:41 pm »
Day 5 went great. I'm feeling really comfortable at each station, know what I need to be doing and how to do it right, and even woke up feeling fine not too sore at all. Definitely think pushing myself even on my off days have saved me a lot in the way of endurance and my lethargic body getting used to physical activity.  I also ran a mile last night in 12 flat so that was also good.

Next week I'm moving up to 2 exercises per body part, like what SA suggested. Also moving up in reps instead of weight to build endurance. Should be solid enough to make it easier to move up in weight later. Week 3 I drop down a bit in reps, so I could realistically move my weight up a bit.

Calisthenics today then probably completely resting up on Sunday.

私はロン•バーガンデイですか?

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 09:27:50 pm »
I've been trying to hit the gym on lunch, but I had to take a short lunch yesterday. Didn't even get one today. So I went after.

445 cals in a half hour and my daily 100 push-ups. I feel really optimistic about being Florida Fit by May.

But I miss Cheez-it"s"

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1527
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 09:34:48 pm »
I'm fat as fuck but I made myself do 20 sit-ups today lol
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 10:54:25 pm »
It's a great start. Take advantage of being in SoCal and take a jog around the block. A lap or two would also do wonders

私はロン•バーガンデイですか?

WTF-AKUMA-HAX

• Butter Knife+25
  • Moldy Toast
  • Dollar Bills-Game
  • Rated: +42
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 04:59:32 am »
And, on the off-chance you aren't getting enough carbs, eat more carbs.

You'll know you're not eating enough carbs, when you feel stupid.

Your brain runs off of them.
lol MP sounding oblivious to "Chinese New Year" which even has the PC phrase now, Lunar new year. but it is crazy how everything shuts down, cease of production for weeks sometimes? & the first pic too far away, dude is remarkably a Jay Viscant doppleganger. Warning reads off the same as such for the shirtless, but nobody over here clicking the see full image button - eyeballs would have been saved if SRK had that

So its not a total -sounding-like-a-drive-by hating and hazing:

In the states, you don't even need a lot of money to get protein for intended bulk gains muscle building. Peanut Butter! Cans of chili. Granted after reading about Kevin Durant in an old magazine article where he ate nothing but PBJ in high school on a coach's recommend and he remains a lanky stringman today, my can of chili the other day had black rubber parts in it.

Looking up the company, some lady got messed up to $1 mil in hospital bills and is suing that manufacturer, for contaminated Peter Pan Peanut Butter.

In China? Maybe hit those sho pao meat bun carts up.
-
America and maybe abroad? For a name brand, Sun Chips which are going to be more available than also good, sweet potato natural ones. Off to the Cooking / Bake that thread to mark every post Jesus Toasty

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 05:09:07 am »
No it actually wasn't CNY, it was a festival set 15 days after CNY, Lantern Festival, where basically they celebrate by doing the same damn things they do over CNY, save for travel great distances to go home.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 06:15:56 am »
Weighed in at 182.4 this morning. Crushing it.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 06:46:32 am »
Week one in the books.  I trimmed my mile down to 11 minutes today.  Felt great.

Tomorrow I'll take my end of the week pictures.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +818
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2015, 06:03:28 pm »
I've been doing a lot more weights now then I did prior to enlisting. My cardio is up as well. I average 1.12 minute /400m splits.

I'm dead lifting about 225lb's and squatting about 180lb.

Fuck SRK.

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +2002
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 05:45:06 am »
This is my one (and probably only ever) post in this thread, because this is the only thing I know about fitness.

Dunno what the name of the exercise is, but you squat when the song goes "Bring Sally down", then hold it until it says "Bring Sally up". If you're one of those hardcore cunts, you can replace squats with push-ups or something.
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 09:54:55 am »
I have to get into using weights. My buddy and me have been going down to LA fitness just about every day, and, while I noticed a difference, I don't really feel stronger. Would using free weights help?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what goes here.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 01:03:48 pm »
Started my morning with a set of 40 push-ups and burned 440 calories in 29.5 mins on lunch.

Feeling optimistic!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 05:20:15 pm »
I have to get into using weights. My buddy and me have been going down to LA fitness just about every day, and, while I noticed a difference, I don't really feel stronger. Would using free weights help?

What are you doing right now?

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 05:54:11 pm »
Hitting the machines mostly. I asked at the gym, and they said that the machines are mostly for sculpting yourself (at least, that's what I got from it).

Not sure what goes here.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 06:32:46 pm »
They're full of shit.

If you're hitting the machines hard, with heavy weight, then you're going to build muscle, period.

...provided you are eating enough [protein].

Hammer strength machines are fantastic, and far better than free weights if you are flying solo.

Do not mistake me - free weights are awesome, amd you ought to be doing them too, particularly for things like arms and shoulders and whatnot.

But you can fuck yourself up pretty badly doing even a single incorrect squat, deadlift, or even benchpress.

With my shoulder and neck as battered as they are from getting hit by a drunk asshole driver whilst bicycling several years back, I do not play around with heavy squats.at all.

But I still do heavy-ish leg presses, if not crazy heavy, anymore.

(I used to be able to hit a 1600 lb. 1 rep max.)

Eat more protein.

"Eat more protein." ~ Sanada Akihiko

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:33:10 pm by SoliloquyAside »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2015, 07:17:18 pm »
If you're using weight training, you will build muscle.  That's it.

Use what you can use.  Don't go heavier unless you can handle it.  Watch videos on proper form.  If you are involuntarily not using proper form, you are using too much weight for your reps and need to drop down.

And like jabs said, protein is your love affair right now.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 07:15:59 am »
I'm mad. I woke up feeling very tired, despite getting my normal 7 hours or so.

I have the chills, my body hurts- my *hands* hurt, and my stomach has been upset. No working out today.

Maybe more push-ups. Agonized through a set of 20 this morning

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 07:25:24 am »
You too man?

I woke up at midnight sweating, and my stomach hurt. Woke up at 1:30 with the same thing.

Spent the whole day with sinuses a wreck. Decided to push forward anyway. Was leg day, figured I'd be fine. Took a mucinex and did a sinus rinse and headed out.

Glad I did. Don't feel 100%, but I felt better after the workout than I did before.

Added a whole shitload of stuff yesterday. a couple I just simply couldn't do but with only a minimum amount of weights.

Today was a breeze though, but my new stuff (lying leg curls, seated calf raises) had to be improvised because there weren't adequate machines for them.

But I got it done.

私はロン•バーガンデイですか?

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 08:27:00 am »
Good looks on that. I want to push through, but I don't even feel like I should.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 08:29:46 am »
Good looks on that. I want to push through, but I don't even feel like I should.

#1. Eat more lean protein.

#2. Get enough sleep.

#3. See the above.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 05:01:05 am »
Just had to post this,  it's blurry though.

One mile in 10:21. Getting better.

B)

私はロン•バーガンデイですか?

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 03:08:06 pm »
Holy fuck, today was... "fun".

It was back and shoulders day, and I lost a little strength this week... I need to eat more, I realize. :/

Still, after 8 miles this morning, I probably ought not bitch too loudly.

So...

Isolateral Lat Pulldowns:

Underhand (intended form) 230x10x3, 280x6x5... -4

Overhand: 230x10x2, 180x10x3

Side Grip: 230x10x3... -1

Isolateral Rows: 180x15x3, 270x10x3

Isolateral Shoulder/Delt: 200x10x3, 150x10x3... -8 :/

Shrugs (each side): 50x15x2, 55x15x2, 60x15x3, 65x15x3, 70x10x3, 75x8x4, 85x6x3

Delt raises: 80x15x2

And few odd lat pulldowns.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1527
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 03:30:59 pm »
I figured out what Im going to get for exercise:

Am planning to buy one at an auction this weekend.

Last auction they sold a nice, standup CvS2 for $250!

Arcades are dead, and its time to reap the benefits!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +625
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 04:04:04 pm »
Charlie's gonna kick your ass in that shit, dude.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c: