October 19, 2017, 07:24:52 am

Author Topic: One Night Ultimate Toogs - Rules/Weekly Sign-Up Thread  (Read 5952 times)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
Re: One Night Ultimate Toogs - Rules/Weekly Sign-Up Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2017, 07:14:21 am »
In
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
かえるおねがい!

c:

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2017, 07:15:36 am »
In
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2017, 09:13:29 am »
In
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2017, 09:45:21 am »
I voted multiple times, because I liked multiple options. I think 24 hours is just too short especially for a weekend where people are not necessarily noticing the posts as much. 36 seems like a good spot. Night phase being 24 hours seems much because its very simple options and theres no group chat to discuss actions, so 12 is ample time. But assigning roles 24 hours in advance then just giving that 24 hours to submit your actions is fine.

As for game balance... theres the issue that, as Mafia, it seems best not to incriminate yourself, which means not showing up to the thread. It actually genuinely was the best play even if you weren't AFK, which I don't like. Unlike a game where you can see them in person and ask them a direct question, you're at the whim of them actually voluntarily showing up. Now the meta can shift to actually lynching those people, in which case Tanner starts to take the same strategy, and any AFK person basically gives the mafia a way to hide. I'm not sure what can be done. We can do hard rules like "Anybody who is AFK has their role revealed within the last 12 hours" but thats a bit hard handed. Maybe add a role which is basically the AFK king (which has a picture of OZ of course), where they can choose 1 AFK person mid day (at some chosen time) and peek their role?

Given that everyone showed up and played, it still seems tough for mafia. They can try to claim late game and hit a role that was in the center and be cleared (assuming seer doesn't middle peek, which is the stronger option). They can claim villager and go for a 75% chance at hiding (or 60% if theres 2 mafia). They can claim a role that somebody else has and go for a 50% chance (though thats what the center peek is for, to let them claim a role from the center). So long as the civs are active and truthful, it seems like it becomes pretty easy to piece it together, though that didn't actually seem to be the case in this game, so Im interested to see it play out a few more times before actually having any concrete balancing ideas

Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2017, 09:45:57 am »
Sign-ups for Game 2: 3/3/17-4/3/17

Oh shit, I knew 1 day was too short but you're gonna make the next one run for a whole month? kappa

In
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs x 1 (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
  • Rated: +45
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2017, 09:46:37 am »
I didn't want to post about the game until it was over, but of course Fuzz was mafia. Did anyone really expect Alpha to run a game where lynching Fuzz WASN'T the solution?

Also, signing up for game 2.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 4    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2017, 10:54:03 am »
Oh shit, I knew 1 day was too short but you're gonna make the next one run for a whole month? kappa

In

Wasn't there a community in one of the mafiauniverse allstars games that had week long day phases in regular mafia?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2017, 11:33:45 am »
I think he just made me Mafia so he could say "you are literally Toogs" and be objectively correct.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs x 1 (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2017, 01:12:03 pm »
I don't think random.org could have made a better first game Toogs team if I'd intentionally given people roles. Although before I scrambled the player list (I scrambled players and roles), both Toogs were in the middle.

As for the afk "strat", I don't want to necessarily completely kill it (it'd be like someone sitting in the game and not saying anything), but at the same time, it's completely non-interactive and hurts the game (especially in forum format). We can't do insta-kill, because that'd benefit the Tanner. We can't do insta-reveal since Villagers could use it to lock clear.

Do we want to enforce a mid-game/near-end-of-game post limit that people have to hit or be DQ'd? i.e. You have to hit a certain amount of posts before X hours before EOD or face a DQ.
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2017, 01:13:40 pm »
No reveal on DQ, though? Interesting
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2017, 01:26:58 pm »
Oh, @Missing Person, you'll have to teach me how to do ELO as well.

(Spoilers: FPSG is gonna have a good headstart.)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2017, 01:31:36 pm »
Another question. Pimp mentioned that the timings meant that phases started/ended at 2am. Is there a time that fits everyone better? Keeping in mind that I'm usually out late on a Friday night, so roles will usually go out later than expected (unless I can send them out at work).

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2017, 04:33:38 pm »
Sending out the roles and getting the N0 responses isn't that important if it's super early morning/late at night. It's mainly just the phases. I was busy Saturday morning, went to work, and when I got home there were a few hours left. Starting at some afternoon time would be ideal, so we'd have time to discuss, sleep on it, and discuss again in the morning. That's if the game is predominantly USA time zones though.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2017, 05:04:53 pm »
8 pm in PST is 11 am EST, Europe gets assed out, and like 3 pm in Australia or something. I think thats roughly when our normal games happen but that might be harder for the europeans who play.

I think if its 36 hours at least we're gonna have a pretty good chunk of a day to talk, sleep, then come back to talk some more, even if it ends up at 2 am my time its still gonna be okay

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 12:27:33 am »
Been thinking on the whole afk thing, how about a rule where you have to respond to all messages that you're @'d in (minus the OP)? That'd help with the whole lack of being able to be in the same room type of thing.

We'd probably need to have set periods. For example, if we went for a 36h Day phase:
Hours
0-18 - All tags within this time period must be answered.
0-30 - Period of time in which you must answer any tags directed at you.
30-36 - Buffer to give everyone time to vote based on answers (so everyone doesn't just answer their tags 5 mins before deadline).

There might also have to be a limit to how many people you could tag in a post.

Side note: Updated the game list all the way up to Game 11.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2017, 02:12:27 am »
@✰Alpha✰

Has Elmo ever wet his bed?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2017, 02:17:18 am »
@✰Alpha✰

Has Elmo ever wet his bed?

Only when Bert and Ernie touch him.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1400
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2017, 02:09:19 pm »
I didn't want to post about the game until it was over, but of course Fuzz was mafia. Did anyone really expect Alpha to run a game where lynching Fuzz WASN'T the solution?

Also, signing up for game 2.
You've learned fast. I think you'll fit in fine.

In

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2017, 02:09:52 pm »
Wasn't there a community in one of the mafiauniverse allstars games that had week long day phases in regular mafia?
Smashboards does that.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2017, 03:23:54 am »
So it's a tie between 12/36 and 24/36. I'm gonna make an executive decision and see how 12/36 goes for this game.

Let's close sign-ups and distribute roles at
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:16:12 am by ✰Alpha✰ »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2017, 04:59:58 pm »
@✰Alpha✰ as far as ELO, just make a thread on Mafia General, and pin it, then I'll give you the steps on making ELO for it.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2017, 02:24:56 am »
I'm home tonight, so I'm gonna go with 24/36. Tough shit to anyone that wanted to sign up in the last 12 hours.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 04:04:38 am »
All roles have now been distributed.

@Bious
@Blindknagg
@DrWilgy
@ForgeDigger
@jasonC
@Missing Person
@Pimp Willy
@Reiraku
@Synonym

Check your PMs for instructions. If you have not received a PM, let me know.

As per the sign-up post, the following roles are in the game:
Toogs
Toogs
Robber
Troublemaker
Seer
Villager
Insomniac
Villager
Minion
Villager
Tanner
Hunter

Game begins in/actions due by
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 04:05:01 am by ✰Alpha✰ »

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 07:05:12 am »
How's everyone doin?
かえるおねがい!

c:

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2017, 07:29:49 am »

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
  • Rated: +45
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2017, 09:47:08 am »
Think i could find a good Toog lynching rope on eBay?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2017, 09:55:11 am »
Longer phase should mean we don't get fuzzed again lol

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +788
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2017, 01:48:40 pm »
Tooooooooooooooogs.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs x 2 (List of Rates | -2 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2017, 05:41:16 pm »
Longer phase should mean we don't get fuzzed again lol

Also going to trial that tagging system this game.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2017, 07:13:06 pm »
@✰Alpha✰ Can you move the first ONUT games to the old games section?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2017, 07:56:19 pm »
@✰Alpha✰ Can you move the first ONUT games to the old games section?

Where are the ELO formulas you fucker.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2017, 12:48:38 pm »
@ForgeDigger, do you need to be given GM powers before Monday for any reason? Just wanting to know if we can squeeze one more game in before All Stars.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2017, 01:05:21 pm »
No, I shouldn't need them before Friday.
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2017, 02:13:02 pm »
Oh right, it's still Sunday over there. If you need it for Friday, I'll hold off.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2017, 03:50:26 pm »
Okay, thanks
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2017, 05:13:37 pm »
Starting this up again next weekend (13th) now that Gladiator's finished. Will post the weekly rules in about 8 hours.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2017, 01:12:13 am »
Sign-ups for Game 3: 12/5/17-13/5/17

Goddamn, I forgot we've only run this game TWICE so far. This game (hopefully) introduces the Doppelgänger, which means we're (hopefully) gonna see some fuckery at hand. Interested to see how this affects our still developing meta. The roles included in the game will differ based on how many players we have by the end, but this format can cater between 3-13 players. If more people want to sign up, I'll add some Daybreak/Vampire roles in early (aiming to play with a vanilla game, but have no problems with adding in extra roles). For Game 3, here is the list of roles that will be added to the game per person:

0. Toogs
0. Toogs
0. Troublemaker
1. Seer
2. Robber
3. Tanner
4. Doppelgänger
5. Villager - WE ARE HERE. ALL ABOVE ROLES (INCLUDING THIS ONE) ARE IN THE GAME.
6. Insomniac
7. Villager
8. Minion
9. Hunter
10. Mason (Drunk if another player doesn't join)
11. Mason
12. Drunk
13. Villager

Just to make it easy for me to see, if you want to play, just put 'In' on its own line. Roles will go out next Thursday and actions will be due next Friday. The game will start late Friday and end late Saturday.

Current sign-ups:
1. Blindknagg
2. Missing Person
3. Pimp Willy
4. DrWilgy
5. jasonC
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:32:15 pm by ✰Alpha✰ »

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2017, 01:32:48 am »
I'm in.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2017, 02:59:26 pm »
Inonym.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2017, 12:25:21 am »
In-sing in-son.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2017, 02:59:57 pm »
Im in
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty x 1    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2017, 10:36:17 pm »
@Long Con got time for a quickie? :votebot:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2017, 01:32:25 pm »
Vote Registered For Pimp Willy

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2017, 10:30:04 pm »
I'm going to be out field this weekend so I'm going to have to opt out now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2017, 09:09:40 pm »
Yeah sure. /in.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2017, 09:09:58 pm »
Also, Hi everyone.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2017, 03:08:01 am »
Alrighty, closing sign-ups and distributing roles in

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2017, 03:08:27 am »

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2017, 02:25:10 pm »
Oh, with the Doppelgänger in the game, I'll close sign ups and distribute the Doppelgänger role at  Then I'll distribute all roles at

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2017, 05:17:08 pm »
in