June 28, 2017, 08:38:21 pm

Author Topic: JT Mafia I: Disney - Spectator Thread  (Read 17270 times)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
Re: JT Mafia I: Disney - Spectator Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 08:14:42 am »
Welp. Chief was doing really well and SA just f**ked it all up.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +723
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 08:41:02 am »
Alpha trying to be smart, but Augustus being smarter may end up confirming mafia as civs.  Woo.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 09:03:59 am »
What is up with Alpha's spoiler to PW?

Blazblue, ChronoTrigger, Tekken Zaibatsu?  lol

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 09:12:58 am »
Welcome @✰Alpha✰ and @kaz !

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1883
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2015, 09:29:20 am »
Oh Augustus you motherfucker.

Don't know what I'm madder at, the fact that Mafia got roleless cards or the fact that RadicalFuzz got Simba. I thought it was fishy when you said 'There is no problem', but I didn't want to question it in fear of my tech being taken away.

@jasonC All the image URL's are in the format: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/RAORoman/media/DisneyMafia/Mafia[LETTERS].jpg.html

Spent the first day trying as many Disney names as I could think of before deciding that they were in a different format. Once Bambi and Aladdin died, I went with Bambi's 2 letter format and tried every combination from AA to ZZ (hence the message), getting BB/CT/TZ (I actually got Tarzan straight away before going alphabetically). With PW's SW7D post, I managed to guess QND, but that was all I could get.

And that might be the story of how I confirmed several Mafia.
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2015, 09:31:56 am »
Ah ok.  And what's up with Stitch or Merlin not killing MU?  Lolol.  No mafia dead yet...after 4 chances to kill one.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2015, 09:39:51 am »
@Augustus, are any of the roled Heroes competent? Apart from me, of course.
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 09:43:10 am »
I think I'm retiring from mafia.

I'm pissed I pegged most of the mafia before actually getting to confirm them myself.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2015, 09:53:33 am »
Robin Hood is the most competent one. Lovers are barely communicating. Peter and Stitch are barely playing. Merlin hasn't submitted any actions yet...

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2015, 09:55:40 am »
#banwallflowers2015
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 09:57:08 am »
I think I'm retiring from mafia.

I'm pissed I pegged most of the mafia before actually getting to confirm them myself.

You should have outed ASAP.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 10:37:29 am »
I'm really surprised nobody's noticed SA's gaffe yet. That freakin' "LALALA" didn't help at all.

Only Fuzz questioned it, but he can't say anything right now, lol.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 10:45:07 am »
lol Sol.   ;D >:( :'(

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 10:46:10 am »
they are gonna have to kill Fuzz tonight then lol.  Or somehow get town to lynch Fuzz.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +600
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2015, 10:49:58 am »
ugh this game

Stitch is one of your buddies, right Auggy?
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2015, 10:53:57 am »
Oh Augustus you motherfucker.

Don't know what I'm madder at, the fact that Mafia got roleless cards or the fact that RadicalFuzz got Simba. I thought it was fishy when you said 'There is no problem', but I didn't want to question it in fear of my tech being taken away.

@jasonC All the image URL's are in the format: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/RAORoman/media/DisneyMafia/Mafia[LETTERS].jpg.html

Spent the first day trying as many Disney names as I could think of before deciding that they were in a different format. Once Bambi and Aladdin died, I went with Bambi's 2 letter format and tried every combination from AA to ZZ (hence the message), getting BB/CT/TZ (I actually got Tarzan straight away before going alphabetically). With PW's SW7D post, I managed to guess QND, but that was all I could get.

And that might be the story of how I confirmed several Mafia.
Oh so that's what is was!

I was trying so hard to remember what Auggy's photobucket was; I remember he referenced it in some game (FGC I think) where he was a lover with BullDancer and used it to confirm as much. I went digging for it, finally found it, and realized that the actual account was private. lol

Your approach was 10x easier and makes me feel silly for all my hard work.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2015, 10:59:51 am »
ugh this game

Stitch is one of your buddies, right Auggy?
Yeah.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2015, 11:18:22 am »
Sol had better say something just to keep going.  Otherwise, someone is gonna pick up with "hmm the last thing he said was LALALALA" and actually read it.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2015, 12:46:47 pm »
Ah shit Aidebit's on it.  GG.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2015, 05:41:06 pm »

"TGG has tunnel vision." She said. "MP isnt mafia" she said.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2015, 06:00:42 pm »
For the record:

In future games, this bullshit of "Oh I had some stuff going on IRL that magically only happened when mafia was going." Is no longer a valid excuse under any circumstance unless you post a picture of your burnt down house with a timestamped piece of mail addressed to you in frame containing the address of your burnt down home. It seems almost every time somebody is mafia, "Lol sorry guys something was going on and Im so behidn on the thread that I cant contribute anything as a civ". What they really mean to say is "I am mafia, I dont know how to play as mafia, therefore I will make up bullshit reasons to not actually post in the thread and incriminate myself like the fucking retard I am."

Basically I'm tired of people getting free rides as mafia due to them takign advantage of the generosity of others having allowed them to live because of real life circumstances that may or may not be made up. In future games, in my rule book, "I'm not staying caught up because of x", will now be treated as equal to wallflowering, and pursued on par with wallflowering.

Back when I was in school, I was a master bullshitter. I know all the excuses to get out of school, and all the things you need to not make school faculty question your absence. They key is to be vague and make it seem like the matter shouldnt be pressed with questioning. Everytime somebody has something "come up" around a mafia game, I get that familiar scent of bullshit in the air. If you dont feel like you cna contribute, drop out. Like DukeC? That motherfucker was almost homeless and he goes "Nah I aint got time for this forum game right now. I have ACTUAL things to deal with. Deuces." And he left the mafia game. Meanwhile everybody else goes "Lol feel sorry for me guys pls no lynch." Fuck you.

Be here or die. Simple as that.

And then the jimmies rustled softly in the wind.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2015, 06:17:25 pm »
lol it's funny because MP feels the same way and yet he's doing it.

MP gonna go after Aidebit now to distract him from looking at Sol.  Good move, but he may be underestimating Aidebit.  They should have cut their losses.  There's a strong chance Aide will smell what's going on, see the SoLALAside slip, and eventually lead lynches on Sol, Chief, and MP.  sigh sigh sigh

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2015, 07:09:27 pm »
I hope these three new guys stick around. 

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2015, 07:15:47 pm »
lol.. Cobalt's so mean to Leaflord. :(
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2015, 08:51:32 pm »

Yeah, that's what we need. Another player with OZ-tier role capabilities.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2015, 02:39:41 am »

Yeah I mean it's great that the site is just starting to grow and get brand new players in here, but a new guy still vigi sniped one of the most civ motherfuckers around here for no god damn reason. And if MU22 flips mafia after he shot me for telling him who to kill, he's gonna feel like he should be on a short bus.

Still very pissed that I was the vigi kill.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2015, 03:31:59 am »
Voting to lynch a silenced player.

Lol holy shit MP are you even trying right now?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2015, 04:03:31 am »
haha!

Rhetorical questions aren't really questions. They're giant, flaming signs that read, "I'm an asshole!"

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2015, 04:13:50 am »
Aidebit said:

I reviewed SA's posts, and aside from an unusual desire to Lynch the Bytch (which he says is natural for him), I can't exactly damn him.

PHEW! 

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2015, 04:17:28 am »
Night killing Cobalt won't incriminate any of the mafia at this point - at least, not clearly.  so things are looking decent.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2015, 04:18:55 am »
Am I hearing that a ton of inactives have roles?

Augustus, how'd you let that happen?

For the record, I've already told PW congrats on his mafia win. There's no way mafia loses this.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2015, 04:20:41 am »
Also, JasonC I got a hit on MP as mafia night 1, but that wasn't enough for me to come right out right away. With 2-3 confirmations maybe, but 1 hit on night 1 is way too early considering Alpha died night 1. Had he still been alive, i'd have done it.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2015, 04:43:37 am »
lol kaz, I agree with you.  my comment about outing ASAP was more of a jab for MP later. 

It's situational from game to game.  It shouldn't be "policy" that UC with a guilty out...especially with how roles interact with each other and the possibility for UC to have dirty intentions.

At least that's how I feel, but I'm probably the person with the least experience here as far as forum mafia goes.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2015, 04:53:49 am »

Yeah I mean it's great that the site is just starting to grow and get brand new players in here, but a new guy still vigi sniped one of the most civ motherfuckers around here for no god damn reason. And if MU22 flips mafia after he shot me for telling him who to kill, he's gonna feel like he should be on a short bus.

Still very pissed that I was the vigi kill.

I think MU22 is smart.  We haven't really seen what he can do yet.  He's mafia - it's clear.  At this point, he's been instructed to say nothing for the rest of the game.  So him "not playing" is not really his fault.  Notice how a couple new suspects are being thrown out and considered this phase.  MU22 will skate by again...putting in a last minute vote to not get DQ'ed.  Next phase, civs will lynch him - and he isn't connected to anyone so it's all good.  A few civ DQ's, another couple mislynches and the game should be a wrap...

ppl to get mislynched are:
Fuzz
Aidebit
and Leaflord or Husk

night kills will go to:
Cobalt
exodus

something like that is how I expect the game to progress

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2015, 04:54:40 am »
The only wrench is PW.

I guess PW should get silenced for at least a phase.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2015, 04:57:49 am »
Cobalt reminds me of MP...just without the bursts of emotion lol.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2015, 06:00:09 am »
Or Aidebit is mafia.  I can't read Aidebit - that's his strength or my weakness.
If he is, this is a pretty risky and elaborate smokescreen to save Chief/Sol.  So no, I'm inclined to believe Aide is civ.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2015, 07:19:10 am »
Am I hearing that a ton of inactives have roles?

No. Right now they all have a decent amount of activity, minus Peter.

Well.. there's oz too, but you know how that is.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2015, 09:20:54 am »
Honestly if I got MP as guilty on the first investigation I would chucked my role and claimed. MP is a really hard lynch to sell without detective endorsement. Especially in s game with no last gasps. Letting somebody like him who is normally trusted as civ run around unchecked as Mafia is a really bad situation. I had my suspicions first phase because like I said he was being oddly hostile, but I didn't bring it up because I knew he would turn it against me without evidence.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2015, 09:30:56 am »
Here's how I see it.  The way to play against MP (or with him I suppose) is to discern the emotion from the facts.  He plays the AtE game very well and feeds off of it to push his lynches whether he's civ or maf. 

kaz holding onto the guilty was probably the right move given the circumstance.  You had another guilty verdict outed at the time, so adding another lynch candidate to the phase would have been disastrous.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2015, 01:10:13 pm »
TGG - do you think drwill is mafia?  You seem to know him more than others.  Do you think his excuse of not having JTM open that day phase holds up to scrutiny?

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2015, 01:10:30 pm »
I'd really hate to be Fuzz right now, lol.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2015, 01:16:08 pm »
He's probably really sad. :c

He was ranting to me earlier about how he was really upset about not being able to say anything.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2015, 01:22:25 pm »
I don't think he's going to have a soft spot anymore for the Silencer role after this game.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2015, 01:46:31 pm »
TGG - do you think drwill is mafia?  You seem to know him more than others.  Do you think his excuse of not having JTM open that day phase holds up to scrutiny?

I'm pretty sure he's bullshitting. No doubt MP has him under his thumb.

I remember a conversation we had before I invited him to Proving Grounds(?) where I was talking to him about the Ace Attorney game and he said something along the lines of "You know I been meaning to try out one of those games but I feel like I'd get wrecked my first time.". That tells me he had mafia on the brain. Granted that was a few months ago but he isnt so forgetful as to sign himself up for a mafia game and completely forget it exists.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2015, 01:48:30 pm »
ZOOLANDER is merlin? 

and who is this Chris Dornan he is referring to here:

To have the smoking gun, and the bullets, but to be thought of as Chris Dornan.....I don't wish that feeling on my worst enemy in any mafia game lol.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2015, 09:05:49 pm »
Nope.

Dunno if I should bother @'ing those three.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2015, 09:52:23 pm »
Seeing a page with most of the posts coming from Mafia makes me fucking sick.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2015, 03:51:08 am »
Next game, I'm going to follow each of my posts with LALALALALALA because it seems to work wonders.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2015, 04:02:53 am »
Getting disqualified results in a few game ban right? If not, it needs to. Just lost 3 with 3 more on the chopping block. Mafia didn't even have to work for this win. Vigilance sniped a civ, double kill on the first phase with poison, most likely miskynch on second day with 3 players getting booted. No Mafia kills.

What the fuck.