October 17, 2017, 04:23:41 am

Author Topic: JTM Arena #1: Fire Emblem (Game Over! Aidebit Wins!)  (Read 136161 times)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1907
Re: JTM Arena #1: Fire Emblem (Day 0: Prologue)
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2015, 01:40:32 pm »
Oh, and alpha, would you rather be the big or little spoon?

How confident would you feel about being the one hitting things?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Sumazndude

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +37
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2015, 01:42:53 pm »
Thanks for formatting the shop, it hurts my brain as it is. Could you also add an example, so we know for certain what "Fire 2 10%" all translates to?

Up for pairing, SAD?
I doubt we would, otherwise there'd need to be a ton of damage dealt in one phase to kill someone.

To pair up both players need to send that as their attack phase action. Both also need to specify which one will actually be fighting and which one will be the cheerleader. Also is that picture Hetalia?

SAD can you get back to me on teaming up?

@RadicalFuzz Excuse my absence.. I was gonna wait until Day 3 to check in again and then I realized how long that would take. IDK about pairing up now because your stats are everywhere now and I think I'm going to look around for a bit
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Button Synergy

Sumazndude

• Rye Toast
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2015, 01:43:33 pm »
I swear, the talk between Skizzz and Alpha gets more awkward the more I read it
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Button Synergy

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +100
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2015, 01:48:50 pm »

I think that I could be ok at hitting things, but I am pretty sure I make for a pretty great cheerleader.

How good are you with pom-poms?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »

I think that I could be ok at hitting things, but I am pretty sure I make for a pretty great cheerleader.

I'm one of those cheerleaders that accidentally cheers for the wrong team.

You probably make a better uke than me. So if I interpreted Bious' message correctly, you pairing up with me takes up your Attack Phase action, but not mine?
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2015, 01:59:31 pm »
Yeah curious how NPC battles can be limited to 3 and what the priority is on that

@Blindknagg I might be interested in resurrecting the cult of turretis if you're down

@Missing Person I'm also interested in perhaps teaching you a new deck besides Ramp Druid

Ew does MP actually play ramp druid, like by choice?   

Gross.

Its mostly just based on what cards he has available, trying to avoid spending dust until he has a better feel for what type of deck he likes to use. With his free packs, he opened a Jaraxxus so he was trying warlock for awhile, but handlock and demonlock are both really expensive

Ah yeah thats fair, I made the mistake of investing literally all my dust first into the old brewmaster warrior otk deck, then miracle rogue after that was removed, so I am *still* full of salt about hearthstone.

Also, I would agree with the stats can probably tell you what classes some people are, e.g. I would put money on vynce being assassin. (Low stats, high luck and speed)

Alpha, yeah thats how it read to me as well.  I'm ok with that, as I don't have any strong feelings about attacking day 1
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2015, 02:00:07 pm »

I'm one of those cheerleaders that accidentally cheers for the wrong team.

You probably make a better uke than me. So if I interpreted Bious' message correctly, you pairing up with me takes up your Attack Phase action, but not mine?

I think it just takes the action of who decides to be sub unit
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2015, 02:01:16 pm »
Sending through my pairing up request now.

"Accept Skizzz's sexual advances."
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 4    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2015, 02:06:32 pm »

inb4 writeup about Alpha and Skizzz fucking behind the bleachers.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2015, 02:09:04 pm »

We wouldn't go behind the bleachers
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Sumazndude

• Rye Toast
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2015, 02:11:14 pm »

We wouldn't go behind the bleachers

Just do it in front of everyone
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)
Button Synergy

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2015, 02:15:17 pm »

I think you mean Colosseum.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2015, 02:19:04 pm »

I think you mean Colosseum.

I was making a joke at the expense of the cheerleader talk making it sound like a high school endeavor.

On the otherhand it sounds like you nabbed a freak with an exhibitionist streak. Good on ya.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2015, 02:19:25 pm »
Another Pairing Up clarification:

The Pair won't actually be made until the end of the turn. But it will take precedence over every other attack phase action, so support buffs will still be active when the other Attack Phase Actions happen.
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2015, 02:22:19 pm »

The Pair won't actually be made until the end of the turn. But it will take precedence over every other attack phase action, so support buffs will still be active when the other Attack Phase Actions happen.

That's fine. We'll just do a slow motion run towards each other through a garden until the end of the Prep Phase. Speaking of, can we have a countdown timer?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2015, 02:30:22 pm »

That's fine. We'll just do a slow motion run towards each other through a garden until the end of the Prep Phase. Speaking of, can we have a countdown timer?

I imagine it being something along the lines of this
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2015, 02:33:21 pm »

OH SHIT SKIZZZ, HE'S GONNA SHOOT US.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2015, 02:35:09 pm »
By the way @Pimp Willy. You're most likely going to have to start out as a initiate if you join the brotherhood. That is at the bottom, if that's okay with you?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2015, 02:44:14 pm »
By the way @Pimp Willy. You're most likely going to have to start out as a initiate if you join the brotherhood. That is at the bottom, if that's okay with you?

Your stats say they are those of the false prophet for our lord, so it is hard for me to be a follower. But if I do end up joining the brotherhood, I do not forsee an issue with that. My blade does quench for blood of the unrighteous, so it may be better spent spreading the truth of our master rather than us sitting around praising his might in private
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2015, 02:45:53 pm »
Interesting point about the early game banter, not sure why that is.

And fine, you caught me on that "dirty little secret" thing. I assumed that everyone else also had a class ability regardless of any additional abilities they received.

And fine SAD, just make it abundantly clear what you decide because I'm oblivious.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Sumazndude

• Rye Toast
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2015, 03:00:56 pm »
Interesting point about the early game banter, not sure why that is.

And fine, you caught me on that "dirty little secret" thing. I assumed that everyone else also had a class ability regardless of any additional abilities they received.

And fine SAD, just make it abundantly clear what you decide because I'm oblivious.

oblivious?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Button Synergy

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2015, 03:06:05 pm »

He is just jealous that we have what he wants
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Sumazndude

• Rye Toast
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2015, 03:16:48 pm »

He is just jealous that we have what he wants

funny you say that... I can give him what he wants *wink*
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Button Synergy

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2015, 03:39:48 pm »

funny you say that... I can give him what he wants *wink*

I'll take you up on that because of stats.

@RadicalFuzz I'll show you how you really pick up teammates.

Spoiler Alert: It looks like this

@Sumazndude would you like to be my teammate? I wil giev u all muh munnies
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2015, 04:23:36 pm »
Watch out SAD, it could be a trap. Never say "I agree" and you'll be fine though :tup:

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +145
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2015, 04:26:25 pm »
Why did I agree to do this?

Crippling regret and akwardness asides, I'm completely willing to latch onto somebody to survive, anyone want strength? :D

As a side note, SAD, as one of the only classes who can probably heal, you should be super-duper careful about who you pair up with.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1400
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2015, 04:33:12 pm »
Yeah curious how NPC battles can be limited to 3 and what the priority is on that

@Blindknagg I might be interested in resurrecting the cult of turretis if you're down

@Missing Person I'm also interested in perhaps teaching you a new deck besides Ramp Druid

Gross.
And I win with ramp druid.

Wanna fight about it or hug it out?

私はロンバーガンデイですか?

"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2015, 04:34:38 pm »
@Augustus do you want to resurrect 2/3 of team MAD? Team MA?

私はロンバーガンデイですか?

"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +704
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2015, 04:38:53 pm »
Put in the missing HP totals. Sorry.
Still making it through the PM's. Bear with us on that one, I was not kidding about the +100 alerts.
Let us know if you have any more questions though!

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2015, 04:40:22 pm »

Crippling regret and akwardness asides, I'm completely willing to latch onto somebody to survive, anyone want strength? :D

As a side note, SAD, as one of the only classes who can probably heal, you should be super-duper careful about who you pair up with.

How do you know he can heal?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2015, 04:42:15 pm »
Can I get an answer to the last question I PM'd?

And considering I have no goddamn clue what time it is, can I get an exact time remaining right now, that's not the countdown tag?

私はロンバーガンデイですか?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2015, 04:44:38 pm »
Can I get an answer to the last question I PM'd?

And considering I have no goddamn clue what time it is, can I get an exact time remaining right now, that's not the countdown tag?

私はロンバーガンデイですか?

There's like 26 hours left. Prep Phase ends 10PM EST on the 13th. It's quarter to 8 here in EST.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2015, 04:50:35 pm »
Good shit. I can actually sleep before I have to keeps it real.

私はロンバーガンデイですか?

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2015, 05:00:22 pm »

How do you know he can heal?

The only redeeming quality of bishops or those classes is there ability to heal, and their resistance. SumAznDude has the highest resistance , my gut reaction was that he was a bishop. The fact that he has 0 strength and high luck is also a pretty good indicator of this. Also, I highly doubt bious or forge would put that class in without the ability to heal, since light magic is pretty much absolute shit in all but RD.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2015, 05:03:05 pm »
Hey BeigeSand, want to pair up with me? I will be the main unit, and you can be the sub.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2015, 05:21:39 pm »
Btw this is probably the gayest page on all of JTM.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2015, 05:22:15 pm »
Alrighty, let us know if we missed anything.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2015, 05:33:18 pm »
Yea this:

Ok I'm still confused.  I thought Arena request was an attack phase action?

From rules:
Only one arena request can be made per person per phase.

So as an example action:

Prep Phase:
Sell Gem.
Buy Healing Potion.
Forge Staff +1.
Equip Staff.

Attack Phase:
Request Battle NPC x 3 in Arena for 1000 Gold each.

Is that valid?  Then the NPC Battles get resolved in the following prep phase?

And my latest PM to you.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 05:33:43 pm by jasonC »

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2015, 05:35:41 pm »
Hey BeigeSand, want to pair up with me? I will be the main unit, and you can be the sub.

I don't know...your stats look pretty sketchy-like.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2015, 05:36:19 pm »
Yea this:

From rules:

So as an example action:

Prep Phase:
Sell Gem.
Buy Healing Potion.
Forge Staff +1.
Equip Staff.

Attack Phase:

And my latest PM to you.

Yep, although you'll have to request your battles one at a time in case you get your ass kicked.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2015, 05:40:29 pm »

I don't know...your stats look pretty sketchy-like.

Ok, that's cool.

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2015, 06:02:35 pm »
Yea this:

From rules:

So as an example action:

Prep Phase:
Sell Gem.
Buy Healing Potion.
Forge Staff +1.
Equip Staff.

Attack Phase:

And my latest PM to you.

Yep, although you'll have to request your battles one at a time in case you get your ass kicked.

We have to request new npc fights all in one phase?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what goes here.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2015, 06:26:32 pm »

Gross.
And I win with ramp druid.

Wanna fight about it or hug it out?

私はロンバーガンデイですか?

I'd perhaps be willing to look past it just this once.  Maybe.

Sumazndude

• Rye Toast
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2015, 06:27:23 pm »
Watch out SAD, it could be a trap. Never say "I agree" and you'll be fine though :tup:

He's giving me munnies so I'm going to accept.

@XthAtGAm3RGuYX I agree - I will be your teammate
Button Synergy

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2015, 06:50:56 pm »
Sponsors, I will return to ego mode for gold.

私はロンバーガンデイですか?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2015, 07:01:36 pm »
Sponsors, I will return to ego mode for gold.

私はロンバーガンデイですか?

Does that say something about Ron Burgundy?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2015, 07:01:36 pm »
Well then.

Wanna team up Vynce, you on point? I know you said you weren't going to post so if you agree just agree with this post.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2015, 07:13:48 pm »
Yea this:

From rules:

So as an example action:

Prep Phase:
Sell Gem.
Buy Healing Potion.
Forge Staff +1.
Equip Staff.

Attack Phase:

And my latest PM to you.

We have to request new npc fights all in one phase?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Basically request your fights one at a time. Ex:

I wanna fight A for X gold.
I wanna fight B for X gold.

Like this.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2015, 01:51:27 am »
Wait, how will knowing who has what class help us at all? It's not like we'll be able to gain any pertinent information from it, from what I've gathered.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2015, 02:48:56 am »
Would you be willing to reveal your class then?