December 11, 2017, 12:51:33 pm

Author Topic: JTM Arena #1: Fire Emblem (Game Over! Aidebit Wins!)  (Read 140357 times)

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
Re: JTM Arena #1: Fire Emblem (Day 0: Prologue)
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2015, 04:27:35 am »
I want to hear your opinion on the matter. I have missed pretty obvious stuff before.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +735
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2015, 04:57:49 am »
I could tell you in a PM...interested in pairing up?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2015, 05:56:52 am »
Also, SAD - don't get hoodwinked by TGG. 

Trading an item - If you have a C-Rank or higher bond with a person you may exchange items or gold with them. You can either trade items or give an item to your partner. If your partner's inventory is full you cannot give them items.

He can't give you gold right away and he knows it.  He's been obvious dumbtelling this entire time.  His intent is to hide behind you until he's ready to move on to his next human shield.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:57:10 am by jasonC »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +707
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2015, 06:22:43 am »
Bell rings in 12 hours. All phase actions should be submitted by then, otherwise I'll assume you're not making an action.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:23:22 am by Bious »

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2015, 07:07:20 am »

Your stats say they are those of the false prophet for our lord, so it is hard for me to be a follower. But if I do end up joining the brotherhood, I do not forsee an issue with that. My blade does quench for blood of the unrighteous, so it may be better spent spreading the truth of our master rather than us sitting around praising his might in private

It is clear to me that you're speaking in our lords best interest, but fear not when I say that there was no falsehood to assess in my previous statement.

If you prove your skills and are deemed worthy enough you might even get to lead from the front as our lord's chosen champion in due time.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2015, 07:43:36 am »
Augustus do you want to resurrect 2/3 of team MAD? Team MA?

Um, okay. But this game is too complicated for me so I'm just gonna do random shit until I die.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2015, 08:25:39 am »
He can't give you gold right away and he knows it.  He's been obvious dumbtelling this entire time.  His intent is to hide behind you until he's ready to move on to his next human shield.

How many times have I told you guys that my intentions are not so easily read? You don't know how I operate quite as well as you think you do.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1517
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2015, 08:26:58 am »

Your stats say they are those of the false prophet for our lord, so it is hard for me to be a follower. But if I do end up joining the brotherhood, I do not forsee an issue with that. My blade does quench for blood of the unrighteous, so it may be better spent spreading the truth of our master rather than us sitting around praising his might in private

It is clear to me that you're speaking in our lords best interest, but fear not when I say that there was no falsehood to assess in my previous statement.

If you prove your skills and are deemed worthy enough you might even get to lead from the front as our lord's chosen champion in due time.

Seeing as MP is not ready to accept our lords truth into his heart, I may be willing to discuss our plan of action behind closed doors as the submissive

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2015, 08:48:29 am »
Seeing as MP is not ready to accept our lords truth into his heart, I may be willing to discuss our plan of action behind closed doors as the submissive

Excellent! When you've made up your mind come meet me in the chapel and we'll begin your rite of initiation.

You watch as the prophet heads of to the east and enters the "chapel", or more accurately, the building constructed out of old crates and boxes stolen from the shop.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2015, 09:00:21 am »
Sure thing brother, I'm just gonna stand on this corner and preach to the masses a bit longer

*holds up sign*

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2015, 12:38:23 pm »

How many times have I told you guys that my intentions are not so easily read? You don't know how I operate quite as well as you think you do.

Nah, I think I've got you figured out.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2015, 01:13:46 pm »

Nah, I think I've got you figured out.

You really find it so hard to believe that i'm not trying to screw SAD over?

I'd tell you to ask the people I've allied with in previous arena games, but I never disclosed their identities for the purposes of future endeavors. When I partner up with somebody in an Arena game I try to keep it going until we need to kill each other.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2015, 01:31:42 pm »
Hey guys, I just had a thought. How likely do you find it that somebody could have an ability to intercept PM's?

I was trying to think of what abilities/quirks people could have, and that crossed my mind since I had it in Alpha's game. We don't know what the special abilities are after all.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2015, 01:36:04 pm »
For someone who likes talking about how we don't know his intentions, you seem to enjoy telling me what I'm doing. Estandar doble, that it is.

Also, where does it say that pairs can PM each other? I can't find it in the rules post.

Edit: EDITS YEAAAAAH
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:37:20 pm by RadicalFuzz »

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2015, 01:37:40 pm »
Or possibly an ability to steal gold from the person you are paired up with?  Hmm?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2015, 01:40:11 pm »
@jasonC, I'll be thinking about it. I already have a good enough game plan for this phase.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2015, 01:42:24 pm »
For someone who likes talking about how we don't know his intentions, you seem to enjoy telling me what I'm doing. Estandar doble, that it is.

Also, where does it say that pairs can PM each other? I can't find it in the rules post.

Edit: EDITS YEAAAAAH

Underlined: u wot m8?

Also I dont even know for sure if players can PM each other, but the way I read that one rule kind of made it seem like you can under some circumstance. Since it has that whole no pming "without our permission" thing

EDIT: Secondly, it would also be pretty dumb if you can pair up with somebody but cant coordinate your actions in private wouldnt it? But here I go breaking my own rule about assumptions and generalizations. They make everybody look stupid.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:56:58 pm by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2015, 01:50:59 pm »
Let me present it this way. If pairs being able to PM each other was a core game mechanic, then both GMs forgot to make any mention of it in the giant rules post. I know what you mean about how the wording of that clause made it seem like PMs between players could happen, but without any evidence that pairs can PM I'm going to operate on the assumption that it's just an ability.

Every class has an ability, by the way, and then there are the 3 "extra" abilities distributed. So everyone does have a dirty little secret

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2015, 01:54:28 pm »
Let me present it this way. If pairs being able to PM each other was a core game mechanic, then both GMs forgot to make any mention of it in the giant rules post. I know what you mean about how the wording of that clause made it seem like PMs between players could happen, but without any evidence that pairs can PM I'm going to operate on the assumption that it's just an ability.

Every class has an ability, by the way, and then there are the 3 "extra" abilities distributed. So everyone does have a dirty little secret

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND!

Anyway refer to my edit last post for further clarification on my line of thinking.

It also didnt help that for some reason my brain mistook DrWill's opinion on it as correct. I forgot that it was an opinion.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2015, 01:56:41 pm »
That does raise a good point.

@Bious
@ForgeDigger

What are the situations in which a player can PM another player?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2015, 02:01:26 pm »
And there we have Wilhelm's Rule. The fastest way to get the correct answer is to say that your answer is right when you know it isn't.
Thanks Jason.

I still would like my specific question answered, though.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:02:24 pm by RadicalFuzz »

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2015, 02:14:49 pm »
That does raise a good point.

@Bious
@ForgeDigger

What are the situations in which a player can PM another player?

When they're in a Pair and the PM is set up by the GMs.
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2015, 02:24:09 pm »
Thanks Forge :tup:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1942
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2015, 02:26:23 pm »
We haven't even got to the first Attack Phase and Fuzz already got rekt.
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2015, 03:04:50 pm »
Hey guys, I just had a thought. How likely do you find it that somebody could have an ability to intercept PM's?

I was trying to think of what abilities/quirks people could have, and that crossed my mind since I had it in Alpha's game. We don't know what the special abilities are after all.

Improbable just given the way the forums work, each PM you have to define who gets the message, so unless Forge and Bious are gonna copy paste each one... then not likely lol. Not impossible just improbable.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2015, 03:58:42 pm »
Actions due in 3 hours. Then after that...

MATH.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2015, 04:32:43 pm »
I should note this, because there seems to be a confusion:

You need to submit both your Prep Phase Actions and Attack Phase Actions before the deadline.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2015, 05:13:29 pm »

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2015, 05:33:50 pm »
Arena Battles: Log 1

JasonC stepped nervously into the arena. Having bet only one Gold to see what this place was all about, Jason's confidence was slowly waning. Suddenly a roar of cheers and applause rose from the empty stands. Looking up, Jason saw Bious making weird motions with his hands.

"FIGHT!!!" Bious yelled as he sat down.

Suddenly the ground shook and gave way as a hand forced it's way through the earth. The dead body slowly forced itself from the ground and shambled towards it's prey. Jason, in a panic, stabbed with a spear as fast as possible while defending from the creatures claws. Finally Jason's spear went through the Zombie's head and it collapsed, sinking back into the earth.

"THE WINNER!!!!" Bious yelled as he appeared next to jason with a coin in hand. Jason nervously took it and left.

*PLAYER STATUS UPDATED*
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2015, 05:43:40 pm »
Arena Log 2:

Drwill439 slammed 500 gold on the counter bravely. "Make it a good one," he said bravely. He stepped out into the arena and was immediately accosted by an archer with his bow drawn. Smiling, he drew his own bow and fired off a quick shot, ignoring the arrow that had grazed his arm. They both stood deadlocked, firing off arrow after arrow until Drwill's arrow sunk itself into the poor archer's throat. The archer tore the arrow out, gagged, sunk to the ground, and layed still.

"THE WINNER!!!" Bious said as he suddenly appeared to give Drwill his gold. Drwill took it and walked out of the arena without looking back.

*PLAYER STATS UPDATED*

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2015, 05:56:04 pm »
Arena Log 3:

JasonC shyly put down 5 gold and strode into the arena. There Bious, seeing him enter, raised another Zombie.

"FIGHT!!!"

Jason was not as scared as he was the first time. His lance was steadier, and he found that the blows didn't hurt as much this time. With a twirl of his lance, he charged and rammed into the corpse with such force he tore it in two. Bious applauded and handed him 5 gold pieces.

*STATS CHANGED*

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2015, 06:33:30 pm »
Arena Log Numbah 4:

Drwill once again found himself entering the arena. Not even looking at the receptionist, he slammed down 700 Gold and entered. A man of the cloth stood before him, chanting scripture. With no respect for the robe, Drwill shot him twice before being blasted by a force of light. Shrugging it off, he once again shot the man, putting him down for good. Bious appeared, kicked the dead priest, and paid Drwill. Drwill took his money and left, a slight smirk on his face. He could get used to this.

*STAT CHANGE*

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2015, 06:34:35 pm »
25 minutes till Phase ends for all you slackers.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:35:07 pm by Bious »

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2015, 06:46:32 pm »
Dang DrWill makin that moolah.  Are you gonna go for the trifecta?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2015, 06:47:23 pm »
So those zombies did 18 damage total to Jason. In return he gained 6 gold & 2 weapon EXP.

Thug lyfe.

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2015, 06:50:14 pm »
Dang DrWill makin that moolah.  Are you gonna go for the trifecta?

Nah, I'm gonna hold off til later. Don't wanna be too weak for any emergencies.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what goes here.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2015, 07:00:03 pm »
Actions are locked. Now running numbers.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2015, 07:02:01 pm »
So those zombies did 18 damage total to Jason. In return he gained 6 gold & 2 weapon EXP.

Thug lyfe.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2015, 07:03:11 pm »
Arena Log 2:

Drwill439 slammed 500 gold on the counter bravely. "Make it a good one," he said bravely. He stepped out into the arena and was immediately accosted by an archer with his bow drawn. Smiling, he drew his own bow and fired off a quick shot, ignoring the arrow that had grazed his arm. They both stood deadlocked, firing off arrow after arrow until Drwill's arrow sunk itself into the poor archer's throat. The archer tore the arrow out, gagged, sunk to the ground, and layed still.

"THE WINNER!!!" Bious said as he suddenly appeared to give Drwill his gold. Drwill took it and walked out of the arena without looking back.

*PLAYER STATS UPDATED*

Drwill once again found himself entering the arena. Not even looking at the receptionist, he slammed down 700 Gold and entered. A man of the cloth stood before him, chanting scripture. With no respect for the robe, Drwill shot him twice before being blasted by a force of light. Shrugging it off, he once again shot the man, putting him down for good. Bious appeared, kicked the dead priest, and paid Drwill. Drwill took his money and left, a slight smirk on his face. He could get used to this.

Money money
Money money
Money money
Money money
Money

Dolla dolla
Dolla dolla

Ching ching
Bling Bling
At the check out

If you ain't talkin' money
Then your talkin' don't matter

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2015, 07:46:29 pm »
I guess I missed the part where you bet gold on yourself lol

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2015, 08:17:42 pm »
All done, write-up incoming.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2015, 08:31:55 pm »
Action Phase: Gold Rush

Actions:
Augustus: Attack Alpha
Skizzz: Pair with Alpha
SAD: Pair with TGG
Chief, PW, Vynce: No Action
Jason: Special
Everyone not listed: Scavange

As jasonC and DrWill came back from their trips to the arena the bell rang. The 16 fighters hurriedly rushed to stay out of sight of everyone else, least they find themselves being attacked. After an hour of silence everyone came out and started laughing nervously as they gathered whatever gems they could find to sell. Everyone that is, except Pimp  Willy, The Chief, Vynce, and Augustus, who had hung back for reasons unknown.

As Skizzz looked for something to do he saw something sparkle in a hole on the ground. As he bent over to pick it up a spider rushed out of the hole. Skizzz screamed, jumped back, and bumped into Alpha. Alpha sighed, threw his arm around Skizzz, and said to him, "Stick close to me Kouhai. Together we'll get through this."

"O-okay," Skizzz said as he got behind Alpha, giving him the gem.

Suddenly, a blob of massive Dark Magic hit AlphaCommando directly in the chest!

"Alphaaaaa!" Skizzz cried.

Alpha laughed and shrugged it of. He then sent a ball of fire into the caster of the dark energy, Augustus, who beat out the flames at his side.

"Try harder next time, moron."

Meanwhile, everyone else had gone to sell their gems besides Chief, Vynce, and PW, who stood around confused.

"Has anyone seen JasonC?" RadicalFuzz asked. "He was looking beat up..."

"Yes?" JasonC said walking towards the group, suddenly looking quite well.

"Um... Nevermind."

From his outlook in the Colosseum, Bious looked upon the actions taken today.

"Too peaceful. Let's shake it up a bit."

Bious made more strange motions like the ones seen st the Colosseum. The remaining combatants were shocked to discover a group of undead now chasing most of them.

"Now we'll see what you all can do..."

SAD tripped as he was running away. As the entombed closed in on him, TGG picked him up.

"Stay close to me if you can't run correctly!" TGG said.

SAD only nodded.

*Bious has summoned 6 Zombies and 1 Entombed! These Zombies will randomly attack players until beaten!*

Zombie A, B, C, D, E, and F Stats:
HP: 20
Attack: 12
Defense:3
Resistance:0
Speed: 2
Drop: 2000 Gold Each

Entombed Stats:
HP: 40
Attack: 19
Defense: 6
Resistance: 2
Speed: 5
Drop: 5000 Gold

MP+5000 Gold.

Aidebit and Spyromancy: +3000 Gold.

Alpha, Fuzz, Beigesand, and TGG: +1000

*STAT CHANGES*

Day 0
Arena Status: Zombies
Players Alive: 16
Time the Bell rings: 12 AM EST January 15th
Shop: Open!
Arena: Open!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:15:17 pm by Bious »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2015, 08:38:21 pm »
Do zombies drop money?

Also 7 NPC's on phase 2?

Bruh.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2015, 08:41:19 pm »
Do zombies drop money?

Also 7 NPC's on phase 2?

Bruh.

Actually, yes.
Tired and forgot to add that in.

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2015, 08:41:33 pm »
Hell, we should focus on the zombies, to be perfectly honest...

Wait, am I reading this right? Did I get extra cash for nothing?

Not sure what goes here.

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +145
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2015, 08:43:28 pm »
Meh

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2015, 08:44:55 pm »
Hell, we should focus on the zombies, to be perfectly honest...

Wait, am I reading this right? Did I get extra cash for nothing?

Yeah Im confused why you got 5000 gold when you did the arena stuff

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2015, 08:45:25 pm »
So it looks like TGG and SAD pair up did not happen as advertised.