October 15, 2018, 01:58:51 pm

Author Topic: So Long 2014!!!  (Read 4508 times)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +714
So Long 2014!!!
« on: December 29, 2014, 02:47:42 pm »
Post how the year screwed/blessed you here!
Also post how drunk you will be on New Years Day (Besides all you family men.)
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +744
Re: So Long 2014!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »
Worst part of the year:  doctor told me I might have something in my brain so I went for an MRI.  First time ever getting an MRI and they throw me right in without really explaining what was going to happen.  I guess it's partly my fault for not being more hesitant, but once I was in, I learn it's like 15-20 minutes long, but it felt like way over half an hour.  At the very end, as I was getting out of the machine, I had a mild panic attack and threw up at the imaging office.  Pretty terrible experience.

Good parts of the year: about to be blessed with another son arriving late Jan/early Feb.  Also got promoted to rake in dat extra dough.  Had a couple good trips to the Bay Area and to Disney World.  So all in all, a pretty good year.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1422
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 06:09:16 pm »
Would it be weird to say that my most screwed moment of 2014 would've been when I got kaz lynched in SRK XVI?  I haven't been saltier than that moment.

Well, that and some of the bullshit I've had to put up with at work, that most certainly didn't help.

Blessed? I don't know, MVP honors in the Allstar game and getting put in the GoC were awesome, being able to do a few awesome podcasts, and getting to take a great trip to Shanghai works out for me.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +744
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 06:17:13 pm »
oh were we supposed to do mafia-related moments? lol

Proving Grounds WIN, bitches!  8) 8) :P
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 06:20:11 pm »
Eh, I didn't have a lot going on this year, so some of my mafia highlights were my personal highlights.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +564
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 08:29:53 pm »
2014 has been solid. 2015 looks to be even better.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +625
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 12:29:39 am »
Well, I passed all my important classes with A's (psych was my first online class anyway so I'm not too upset), and learned yesterday that I'm technically considered a sophomore after 1 semester. I'm really glad I was able to go to the school that I go to.

I'm sort of upset that I haven't really grown anymore responsible or anything like that.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 01:13:35 am »

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +818
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 02:43:43 am »
Highlights for 2014:

-Spent a year in the real world practicing medicine
-Joined the Army
-Riding in a WWI Tigermoth
-Went rally driving out bush
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 03:33:15 am »
Highlights for 2014:

-Joined the Army

Downside of the Year:
-Being nominated for the GoC
-Facing off against GCL

Yes/No?

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 03:50:24 am »
Highlights for 2014:

-Joined the Army

Downside of the Year:
-Being nominated for the GoC
-Facing off against GCL

Yes/No?

I don't regret playing in the GoC, but I regret having to play the first three days.

And facing GCL wasn't as bad for me as it was for him I'd wager. I had a very low opinion of him and wasn't particularly tactful in my approach to him.

I think my biggest mafia regret for 2014 was signing up for the AoT game when I had no time to play.

Highlight was definitely steamrolling as mafia in the DBZ game and doing well in the... whatever the theme of the last one I played was before PG.

Oh, and winning a bunch of Golden Crusts. That was pretty grouse as well.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 04:18:18 am »
Today, I sit here still in awe that Synonym can literally role claim in every post he made in Proving Grounds and not get picked off.

The hell is that black voodoo magic?
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1527
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 08:12:53 pm »
Hmmm...

highlights of the year: Both my kids stayed healthy, nothing major happened in my life negatively, I got a pretty huge raise and am living life very comfortably, got to travel across country and help secure a huge deal with Kroger grocery, got to start working on some cool projects at work (iPad apps!) which kept things fresh, went to disneyland at least 20 times this last year too! Blizzcon was also awesome, looking forward to next years.

lowlights: Not much, honestly. Having to take my grandma to the emergency room as shes screaming in pain from her spinal stenosis only to also find out she had Shingles right on top of it sucked. But my year was literally nearly negative free; my neighbors blew out my front bay window on 4th of july which sucked, but they fixed it and also fixed one of my other windows (double paned which had gotten water inside) and now we're on friendly terms which is great. Either I didnt have anything bad happened or I just put it out of my mind easily : )
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +380
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 08:44:30 am »
Happy New Year Alpha, Syn, Aidebit, & MP!

Good points: No major health issues for me or any friends or family, got an awesome gaming PC for my birthday that's been working perfectly, made progress in college, learned some about nutrition and exercise and am working towards a diet and activity amount that I can sustain for the rest of my life.

Bad points: Didn't quite hold my standards in college, still procrastinate heavily, that's about it.

And dang Pimp, that's an average of once every 2 & 1/2 weeks. I'm jealous lol

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 09:14:10 am »
Did you seriously manage to inb4 me fuzz?

Fuck, I'm getting slow.

I can still inb4 alpha though.

Had some American friends over tonight. Drank Asahi and watched The Goonies.

저는 론 버건디입니까?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:16:27 am by Missing Person »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty x 1    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +2002
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 10:39:23 am »
Greetings, ancient peasants from a year forgotten.

As a future dweller, I can confirm that the mathematics is correct in calculating that 2015 > 2014. So far, nobody important has died and my average alcohol consumption per minute has vastly increased.
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

exodus

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +84
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 10:50:26 am »
Driving to New Jersey after work tonight. About to make a buzzer beater entrance at my destination.

Good thing I've been playing Race the Sun

Stay safe errybody

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 10:58:18 am »
Today, I sit here still in awe that Synonym can literally role claim in every post he made in Proving Grounds and not get picked off.

The hell is that black voodoo magic?

I still maintain that it was my blatant first post role claim that inspired him.  8)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 11:00:22 am »
Post how the year screwed/blessed you here!
Also post how drunk you will be on New Years Day (Besides all you family men.)

...because OF COURSE the family men shall be plowed.

Innit, @Vynce ?

...I'm having a somewhat difficult time deciding between Lagunita's  "Little Sumpin' WILD, or Founder's Devil Dancer, myself.

Will post, once the decision has been made.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1527
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 11:22:25 am »
Happy New Year Alpha, Syn, Aidebit, & MP!

Good points: No major health issues for me or any friends or family, got an awesome gaming PC for my birthday that's been working perfectly, made progress in college, learned some about nutrition and exercise and am working towards a diet and activity amount that I can sustain for the rest of my life.

Bad points: Didn't quite hold my standards in college, still procrastinate heavily, that's about it.

And dang Pimp, that's an average of once every 2 & 1/2 weeks. I'm jealous lol

Yeah, we go once every 2 weeks, sometimes once a week. Most of these trips are only for like 3 hours or so though. When it gets crowded, it sucks so we stay away... only been like 2 times the past 2 months

Heres my visit count, though we've been torn on what it actually counts. I think its times through the turnstyle? So if you go to both parks in 1 day, its 2 visits? And I think this counts for the past 2 years and a few months, since I've had this pass that long without lapsing.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:57:50 pm by Pimp Willy »
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 02:12:37 pm »
I actually have to work at 6AM tomorrow, which will literally be the first time I've worked on NYD since I was a teenager.

...Buut, fuck them. Getting ready to make my first drink [signature]. I got my vaporizer which I'm glad to have started using before NYD, so it won't feel like it's some halfhearted resolution.

It burns my throat and makes me feel like I don't need to smoke a cigarette. I'm into it, so far.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 02:44:07 pm »

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 03:56:37 pm »
Gonna start taking shots soon. Can't wait!

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 09:20:38 pm »
I got extraordinarily drunk last night, then got dragged off to a family brunch and to watch the enigma code movie.

Catching up with alpha this afternoon to play real life virtues last reward.

Fuck SRK.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 09:58:10 pm »
Happy New Years everyone. I hate all of you.

Just kidding!

Cept you Vynce.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 08:36:29 am »

Is it 2016, yet?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +380
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 08:39:27 am »
Real life Virtue's Last Reward? Having seen only about the first hour of it the only part I could see you reasonably reenacting would be the "head between bare thighs" conversation.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 09:56:29 am »
You make it sound like me wearing short-shorts would be a bad thing.
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 10:01:02 am »
Get a room you two.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2015, 10:05:24 am »
I've had 2 real cigarettes over the past 21.5 hours. The last one made me antsy and my chest hurt. I only realized then that this was actually fairly typical.

Robocig!

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2015, 10:26:12 am »
I'd love to, but the Mafia Lounge is currently booked by Vynce and the Losers Lounge is permanently booked by you.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2015, 10:28:18 am »
You make it sound like me wearing short-shorts would be a bad thing.

Pffffft!

Until you've gotten the ShaftAgent "If you were female I'd bend you over and take you... if you ever have daughters, hide 'em!" seal of approval, short shorts don't mean all that much.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2015, 06:25:50 pm »
There's always the Lovers' Lounge Alpha.
Just clean up when you're done or whatevz.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 06:26:12 pm by Bious »

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2015, 09:05:16 pm »
Just bought VLR, actually. Played most of 999 so I hope it lives up to the expectation I've given it.

I'm also assuming that "real life" Virtue's Last Reward refers to an escape-the-room attraction or something.
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 12:59:20 am »
http://puzzledroomescape.com.au/project-view/puzzleacademy/

We went for the Danganronpa level. So many red herrings that I had to push the other 3 away from.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2015, 06:00:44 am »
Just bought VLR, actually. Played most of 999 so I hope it lives up to the expectation I've given it.

I'm also assuming that "real life" Virtue's Last Reward refers to an escape-the-room attraction or something.

999 was such bullshit.

It had a great plot, and whatnot, but every single decision was a random guess - there was no deduction to be done.

It was literally "choose this door based on because no reason or bad ending".

I enjoyed it for what it was, but it was low tier, even as far as choose your own adventure novels go.

Because most of those had at least a little bit of shading to the choices.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 06:03:50 am »
And by "great plot" I totally mean "by vidjah gaime standards", not Ebert.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 06:42:41 am »
Yeah, I can't imagine getting the true ending without a walkthrough.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 07:38:52 am »
I did.

Bow to me.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 12:06:42 pm »
I did.

Bow to me.

So did I.

...process of elimination.

I got randomed out literally every time I could, getting the True Ending last.

Fuck.

Fuck twice.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 12:10:07 pm »
I do agree that it was repetitive. By the end, I knew the answers to all of the rooms already and kinda just held the skip button.

And Bious, the only way I'd believe you was if you haf tried every combination of doors, or just got extremely lucky.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 02:05:26 pm »
Y'all hate way too much.

It's been a long while, but I think I got Axe, something, something, True, Safe, then True True. Kinda easy to link together what to do if you pay attention well enough.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2015, 06:25:50 pm »
Y'all hate way too much.

It's been a long while, but I think I got Axe, something, something, True, Safe, then True True. Kinda easy to link together what to do if you pay attention well enough.

...so... you got all of the endings before you stumbled upon the correct one?

Yeah... I don't feel quite so bad, now.