October 21, 2017, 03:20:45 am

Author Topic: Jesus Toast Mafia IX: How To Get Away With Murder  (Read 14775 times)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
Re: Jesus Toast Mafia IX: How To Get Away With Murder
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2016, 12:42:29 pm »
Mm.

Vote Registered For jasonC[/]

That's not an answer.

There is no basis for this vote.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2016, 12:42:39 pm »
No. What do you think of von's vote on you?
A shitpost is a shitpost. Doesn't really mean much more to me.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2016, 12:48:25 pm »
Is any post in this thread not a shitpost? :/ we're not really getting anywhere.
かえるおねがい!

c:

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +71
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2016, 12:49:11 pm »
I mean, I'm trying here.

jasonC: that's still not an answer.
"If you defy me, only horror awaits you; unimaginable and infinitely painful. Hear me that is no mere promise, but a curse."

fontisian's #1 fan

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2016, 12:51:55 pm »
I am voting for jasonC for his post-to-content ratio, his accusations without intent, and avoiding my question. Which I asked to help me get a better read on him, and get some content going, so we can cut the "boo hoo Day 1 is useless" song and dance.
"If you defy me, only horror awaits you; unimaginable and infinitely painful. Hear me that is no mere promise, but a curse."

fontisian's #1 fan

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2016, 12:53:11 pm »
Vote Registered For jasonC

Because... idk.

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2016, 12:55:17 pm »
Don't be a hypocrite, Augustus. Have some enthusiasm. Inspire other people to quit slanking.

fontisian's #1 fan

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2016, 12:59:19 pm »
I am voting for jasonC for his post-to-content ratio, his accusations without intent, and avoiding my question. Which I asked to help me get a better read on him, and get some content going, so we can cut the "boo hoo Day 1 is useless" song and dance.

My post to content ratio is high. I don't have a post like "shitpost".

Accusations? I haven't accused you of anything. All I've said is that if you flip mafia, I could agree with certain reads...nowhere have I said you were actually posting scummy. And yet you focus on this supposed accusation when there is another player "soulreading" you as mafia and you ignore him.

Yes, these are jabs at Augustus, and moreso why are you not questioning him for the exact reasons you are voting me?

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
  • Rated: +23
Current Votes
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2016, 01:00:04 pm »
No Vote(10):✰Alpha✰, Blindknagg, DrWilgy, ForgeDigger, Fruit Punch Samurai G, kaz, Pimp Willy, RadicalFuzz, Simple Machine, Synonym
jasonC(2):Augustus, vonvorto
Augustus(1):jasonC

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2016, 01:00:46 pm »
It should be content to post ratio, rather.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2016, 01:07:22 pm »
I brought this up in the other HTGAWM, but is there any real reason to not have the Survivor claim and then just leave them be?

We can hash out the pros/cons, if anyone wants. I'm active on a forum that encourages Survivors to claim on Day 1, if they exist (and we already know one exists in this setup).

I guess that one con would be that it makes it easier (I know that it only eliminates one person but still) for the mafia team to hunt our roles if the survivor claims especially in a smaller sized game like this one.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2016, 01:15:31 pm »
What I want to know is why jason didn't respond to von's question until he could use the answer in an argument against him. Seems shady.

Also, like Augustus said, it's raining/flooding really badly in Houston. Atm, Fuzz is without water or power. Here's a picture he sent me from his window:
Spoiler for Hiden:
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2016, 01:16:02 pm »
It's cos I didn't go to work today and am distracted while at home. If I was at work, I could neglect my duties and be here instead.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2016, 01:16:46 pm »
lol Fuzz.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2016, 01:20:31 pm »
Yes, these are jabs at Augustus, and moreso why are you not questioning him for the exact reasons you are voting me?

Cos I am pure. Obvs von can see it.

Or he is a wolf who knows it.

omg

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2016, 01:24:13 pm »
You just make sure you lay your groundwork here to pull from during GoC. "Look guys, here's a game where I'm obvious __!"

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2016, 01:25:26 pm »
I guess that one con would be that it makes it easier (I know that it only eliminates one person but still) for the mafia team to hunt our roles if the survivor claims especially in a smaller sized game like this one.

But at the same time it eliminates one potential mafia for us to worry about. I'm neutral on this currently but if we decide that it's a good idea for him to claim I won't disagree with it.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2016, 01:29:56 pm »
What I want to know is why jason didn't respond to von's question until he could use the answer in an argument against him. Seems shady.

Also, like Augustus said, it's raining/flooding really badly in Houston. Atm, Fuzz is without water or power. Here's a picture he sent me from his window:
Spoiler for Hiden:

That sucks for Fuzz. He should be conserving his battery for emergencies instead of sending pics :P

I don't have to respond to every question right away. :P

You can vote me Forge, it looks like you are itching to.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +788
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2016, 01:30:53 pm »
Augustus you motherfucker.

Tortugagrande is my name, shitposting is my game.

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2016, 01:33:25 pm »
You just make sure you lay your groundwork here to pull from during GoC. "Look guys, here's a game where I'm obvious __!"

lmao

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »
lmao

Don't lie. I'm sure you are thinking about it.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2016, 01:34:46 pm »
Augustus you motherfucker.

What'd I do?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1914
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2016, 01:37:55 pm »
Jason, you know its sacrilege to put a vote before Alpha can waste our time voting on Fuzz  Skizzzgasm

Why is killing a Mafia day 1 time wasting? I mean just look at his first post.

Quote from: RadicalFuzz
I'm Mafia and I enjoy frequent cocksicles inserted into several orifices.

Vote Registered For RadicalFuzz

Spoiler for Hiden:
Although I wouldn't oppose an Augustus lynch for getting Civs nerfed before the game started.

I brought this up in the other HTGAWM, but is there any real reason to not have the Survivor claim and then just leave them be?

We can hash out the pros/cons, if anyone wants. I'm active on a forum that encourages Survivors to claim on Day 1, if they exist (and we already know one exists in this setup).

Yep, I'm all for the Survivor role claiming to confirm a safe player.

Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2016, 01:39:54 pm »
I wasn't going to because I was having war flashbacks of games without active players. Having your permission doesn't make that outcome any more appealing.
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2016, 01:42:24 pm »
I think survivor should claim.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2016, 01:43:55 pm »
Vote Registered For DrWilgy

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2016, 01:58:03 pm »
Reads thus far:

Kaz is probably civ, his Mafia game is a lot tighter and he'd have checked the roles already.

Pimp is probably Mafia based purely on soul feelings.

Augustus is dirty dirty dirty and should die immediately. You robbed me of a role!

Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2016, 02:00:03 pm »
No Vote(9):Blindknagg, DrWilgy, ForgeDigger, Fruit Punch Samurai G, kaz, Pimp Willy, RadicalFuzz, Simple Machine, Synonym
jasonC(1):vonvorto
DrWilgy(1):Augustus
RadicalFuzz(1):✰Alpha✰

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2016, 02:03:44 pm »
jasonC: here are all of your posts (not gonna quote them because I'm lazy):

First.

Cobalt, you fucker, daylight savings was over a month ago.
-
Obvious mafia is obvious.

Vote Registered For Augustus
-
Well, that was easy.
-
@kaz there is also a 3rd party Survivor. @Cobalt doesn't even know.
-
I would agree with your first sentence here if you flipped mafia.
-
Sacrilege schmakrilege. If the gods of JTM wish to strike me down, let them do so. Street Fighter V has been taking over my free time (of which I have very little these days).
-
Well the OP of the signup page says there are lovers, but they were taken out.
-
No strong feels either way. If kaz is mafia, he probably hasn't paid much attention to the mafia chat or possibly has stayed away from it entirely, so his opening is null.
-
No. What do you think of von's vote on you?
-
Yea like kaz not knowing roles and asking about them is not a tell either way. Because he's either genuine about them, or has consistently played dumb every game no matter what alignment. It's allowed him to survive a d1 lynch. He does, however, get n1 killed more often than he'd like probably for the same reasons lol.
-
So like yea, if von flips mafia, I'd agree with this also.
-
The 1, 2 punch!
-
There is no basis for this vote.
-
My post to content ratio is high. I don't have a post like "shitpost".

Accusations? I haven't accused you of anything. All I've said is that if you flip mafia, I could agree with certain reads...nowhere have I said you were actually posting scummy. And yet you focus on this supposed accusation when there is another player "soulreading" you as mafia and you ignore him.

-
It should be content to post ratio, rather.

fontisian's #1 fan

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2016, 02:05:03 pm »
hey von, are you going to be playing in the GoC?

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2016, 02:07:48 pm »
Welp, I posted that without the commentary. Oh well, this'll be an ebwop.

A lot of your posts by that point were lacking in content (content being posts that indicate you are trying to figure things out, or you are trying to show us you are town; stuff that helps town win, essentially). You do "I think xyz if Von is mafia," which is almost content. I don't get the point of stating that hypothetical if you aren't going to do anything with it. If you think certain people are town if I am scum, does it not make sense to pursue my lynch? What do you actually think of me?

Asking Wilgy about my vote on him was a really easy throwaway question. Why would he care about an RVS vote?

You used a lot of words to basically say "kaz is nul."

The "1, 2 punch!" thing looked like you were implying a coordinated attack on you.

If you aren't accusing me, then what are you doing?

Deflecting to Augustus is whatever.

fontisian's #1 fan

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2016, 02:08:13 pm »
hey von, are you going to be playing in the GoC?
No.

fontisian's #1 fan

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »
It's been a long while since I've played. How do I do this again? The mafia chat wasn't very helpful.

As far as I remember, day 1 lynches are usually dumb anyway, right?
Day 1 never has anything concrete
Is any post in this thread not a shitpost? :/ we're not really getting anywhere.

This is scummy tone-setting.

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:20 pm »
This was the reason I proposed in the last game, where I was mafia.

However, I do think there are some benefits in that town PRs won't waste their abilities on someone who isn't on the scumteam. I just don't know for sure if it outweighs the risk of the mafia having one less person to worry about potentially having a role.

Besides, having been a Survivor several times, I'm more sympathetic towards them and wouldn't be opposed to helping them win.

fontisian's #1 fan

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:30 pm »
It's my honest opinion.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2016, 02:24:33 pm »
I'm assuming Synonym assumes I'm the neutral.

Nope.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2016, 02:24:48 pm »
Welp, I posted that without the commentary. Oh well, this'll be an ebwop.

A lot of your posts by that point were lacking in content (content being posts that indicate you are trying to figure things out, or you are trying to show us you are town; stuff that helps town win, essentially). You do "I think xyz if Von is mafia," which is almost content. I don't get the point of stating that hypothetical if you aren't going to do anything with it. If you think certain people are town if I am scum, does it not make sense to pursue my lynch? What do you actually think of me?

Asking Wilgy about my vote on him was a really easy throwaway question. Why would he care about an RVS vote?

You used a lot of words to basically say "kaz is nul."

The "1, 2 punch!" thing looked like you were implying a coordinated attack on you.

If you aren't accusing me, then what are you doing?

Deflecting to Augustus is whatever.

The answer to a lot of your questions is "fishing for reactions". DrWilgy's reaction seemed ok - in the past where he was mafia, he'd say something a bit crazier like "hoo-hay!" or something to that effect, so for now he's null. Saying a lot of words about kaz got other people to respond to that (kaz, synonym) so that's better than just saying he's null and nobody batting an eye.

Yes you read the 1-2 punch implication right, because the timing made it seem so.

Not sure what I actually think of you though. Probably not bad enough to vote you.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2016, 02:25:53 pm »
And regarding my questions to you about Augustus.

"That's not an answer!"

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2016, 02:26:22 pm »
I kinda expected Forge to slank more. Her not doing that so far is kinda weird.

Meh.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2016, 02:41:56 pm »
I've got time now and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things. Don't think I'm doing too well so far, unfortunately.
かえるおねがい!

c:

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2016, 02:43:21 pm »
This game does feel fresh though. It is nice.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2016, 03:17:37 pm »
Vote Registered For Forgedigger
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2016, 03:25:59 pm »
Fuzz still hasn't checked in. Clear Mafia wallflower.
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2016, 03:30:04 pm »
No Vote(8):Blindknagg, ForgeDigger, Fruit Punch Samurai G, kaz, Pimp Willy, RadicalFuzz, Simple Machine, Synonym
jasonC(1):vonvorto
ForgeDigger(1):DrWilgy
DrWilgy(1):Augustus
RadicalFuzz(1):✰Alpha✰

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2016, 03:34:33 pm »
Fuzz still hasn't checked in. Clear Mafia wallflower.

Wait. Can that fucker even afford 4G, or can he only use his $10 Chinese phone to make the occasional phone call?

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2016, 03:57:06 pm »
I'm assuming Synonym assumes I'm the neutral.

Nope.
No, you had the lovers nerfed you assclown.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2016, 04:05:53 pm »
Hmm I take back what I said. Wilgy isn't doing the chipper doctor bit; he might be demoralized for rolling mafia again.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1510
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2016, 04:06:02 pm »
I don't really see any obvious negatives to the survivor claiming, other than the survivor probably doesn't want to claim do they? What is the specifics for "Survivor?" Just last until the end of the game? If they survive it doesn't cause everyone else to lose?

A survivor might not want to out themselves, because then it makes them a hostage to the rest of the game. "Vote for X or I night kill you." It also puts them openly into a position where they might want to help the mafia win in close games?

Overall I think its beneficial to them so they don't get caught in any crossfire, but we don't know their specific win condition.

Kaz is a better mafia player than I

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2016, 04:33:29 pm »
Vote Registered For Forgedigger
Wanna explain?
かえるおねがい!

c:

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2016, 05:09:49 pm »
People don't post enough for me to get a read.

Sigh.