October 21, 2017, 03:21:17 am

Author Topic: Jesus Toast Mafia IX: How To Get Away With Murder  (Read 14776 times)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1914
Re: Jesus Toast Mafia IX: How To Get Away With Murder
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2016, 05:24:00 pm »
People don't post enough for me to get a read.

Sigh.

I'm surprised you were taught to read in Texas. I thought the only people with permission to read were pastors.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2016, 05:26:49 pm »
Coming in late with my entry. I'm not getting notified at all when I get messages or pinged through my email. Good thing there are only two pages to read through so far.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2016, 05:49:23 pm »
Nothing is really standing out much from any individual. Most of the post seem like its just people trying to shake off the rust from not playing for a long ass time.

Augustus is doing his usual bad attitude shtick he does when he plays on here. Based purely on the so called power of "soul reading" I would lean civ.

Kaz seems to be having the same issues I'm having with not getting notified, so his issues to me seem genuine.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of the interaction between Von and JasonC.

I do like the survivor claiming idea. Though Pimp does bring up the hostage situation. I think its a non issue too little players for anyone to be worried about killing the survivor at night.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2016, 06:08:26 pm »
Wilgy.. Alpha.. someone else?

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2016, 06:10:23 pm »
Also slanking is a dumb term, and I blame Gloop for it. It's awkward ass hell to say out loud, stop trying to make it happen!

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2016, 06:12:15 pm »

SM or PW

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2016, 06:12:59 pm »

Are you asking me on my opinion of them? If so, I have none. Nothing has stuck out for me about them.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2016, 06:13:36 pm »
No, he's saying that they are mafia.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2016, 06:15:04 pm »
or Fuzz. Forgot about Fuzz. Then there's always BK.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2016, 06:20:40 pm »
Also slanking is a dumb term, and I blame Gloop for it. It's awkward ass hell to say out loud, stop trying to make it happen!

I'm just trying to find wolves, bro.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2016, 06:39:18 pm »
No, he's saying that they are mafia.

Nah, it's a list of Augustus' JTM crushes, with sexiness in the order of 3, 1, 2.
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +93
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2016, 08:07:15 pm »
:gaycat:

If I had to name my top 3 suspects of who is mafia I say these three worry me the most so far!

~Simple Machine~ he seemed really excited for this game and then day one comes and he's Mia for most if it. Then he contributes nothing of intrigue. Hes my top suspect

~RadicalFuzz~ Using a flood to stay off the grid. I ain't buying that shit.

~Blindknagg~ Already making excuses for why he'll be MIA soon!

Guys that look good to me!

*Kaz* Whoa, not getting email notifications is a big deal. Specially if you have pm's to check xoxo

*Alpha*  Tone is crisp. Not trying to lunch Fuzz.

*Willy!* Why shouldn't I trust this guy? Hes consistently awesome.

/First Post

{Disclaimer this post may or may not have been completely  nonsense}

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1510
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2016, 10:27:12 pm »
I get the genuine feel from Auggy so far, for what its worth
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +71
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2016, 10:37:38 pm »
Man, all of my other games are Not Worth Posting In right now, so this is really all I have. Not good when I'm looking to procrastinate on IRL nonsense.

Bleh.

Gonna reread and see if anything jumps out at me.
"If you defy me, only horror awaits you; unimaginable and infinitely painful. Hear me that is no mere promise, but a curse."

fontisian's #1 fan

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +788
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2016, 11:00:36 pm »
Vote Registered For pimp Willy

Wtf happened to Mafia games? Two pages is ridiculous.

Tortugagrande is my name, shitposting is my game.

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +71
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2016, 11:06:38 pm »
Of the players who have posted,

Snowvon
Blindknagg
kaz
Pimp Willy

DrWilgy
Fruit Punch Samurai G

ForgeDigger
✰Alpha✰
Simple Machine
Augustus
Synonym

jasonC

These are my (light) reads, given there's only three pages and not a lot of stuff to actually dig into.

I think my main issue with jasonC is how he's still sitting on his random vote instead of using it to vote for people he believes to be scum. He has several posts that are just long-winded ways of saying "player xyz is null," and his claim of fishing for reactions kind of falls flat given that he got almost nothing out of it. He's toyed with the idea of me and ForgeDigger being scum [together], but hasn't pursued either of us. It's just...incredibly light finger wagging. I get the sense that his read on me heavily depends on whether or not I back off of him.

I don't really have any strong feelings on Augustus, Synonym, Simple Machine or Alpha.

Wilgy asked to lurk, which. I read as townier than not. Not an especially strong read here.

Fruit Punch's posts are okay. Also not a strong read here, but I'm going to have him leaning town nonetheless.

Pimp Willy's posts just have an "I'm lost, what do" feel to them, which I lean town on. kaz mildly chewing Cobalt out for being unclear w/r/t role/scumteam size (specifically the second one) info seemed genuine. Blindknagg feels like he's /thinking/ about the game, in a way scum don't really have to. I liked ForgeDigger's question to jasonC, but dislike that s/he hasn't followed up on it despite posting multiple times afterwards.

ta-da, content
"If you defy me, only horror awaits you; unimaginable and infinitely painful. Hear me that is no mere promise, but a curse."

fontisian's #1 fan

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
  • Rated: +23
Current Votes
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2016, 11:30:03 pm »
No Vote(7):Blindknagg, ForgeDigger, Fruit Punch Samurai G, kaz, Pimp Willy, RadicalFuzz, Simple Machine
jasonC(1):vonvorto
Pimp Willy(1):Synonym
Augustus(1):jasonC
ForgeDigger(1):DrWilgy
DrWilgy(1):Augustus
RadicalFuzz(1):✰Alpha✰

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2016, 12:41:12 am »

I could always have waited and told y'all the day before I'm going to be unavailable.

Bonus points if I were one of the top wagons the day before kappa

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2016, 01:44:50 am »
Ahhh, my favourite time of day. Work is done and Amerifats are asleep. Time to reread the thread at my own leisurely pace with all the other attractive international people. Let me take some time to compile a Mafia list.

Done.

Mafia - RadicalFuzz

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2016, 01:48:54 am »
If von's main issue with me is that I've parked my vote on someone and posting a lot to look for reactions, maybe he should be taking a harder look at players who haven't even voted at all or are doing jack squat.

Vote Registered For DrWilgy

The vote on Forge looks lazy, along with no case and not even trying to convince others to follow him. If he were mafia, I wouldn't be surprised if he was planning to already check out of this day phase.

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
  • Rated: +23
Current Votes
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2016, 02:00:04 am »
No Vote(7):Blindknagg, ForgeDigger, Fruit Punch Samurai G, kaz, Pimp Willy, RadicalFuzz, Simple Machine
DrWilgy(2):Augustus, jasonC
jasonC(1):vonvorto
Pimp Willy(1):Synonym
ForgeDigger(1):DrWilgy
RadicalFuzz(1):✰Alpha✰

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2016, 02:16:31 am »
Vote Registered For pimp Willy

Wtf happened to Mafia games? Two pages is ridiculous.

Blame the Houston flood.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2016, 02:34:26 am »
My day one reads tend to be bad but so far I'm leaning on Aug being civ (feel mostly), same for Forge she's also had more of a presence in the thread than she usually does if she's mafia.

Don't really have any bad tells yet other than Von pushing for Jason based on his random day one vote? There's not much more outside of that so I'm not going to place him in that category yet though.

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2016, 03:29:46 am »
:gaycat:

If I had to name my top 3 suspects of who is mafia I say these three worry me the most so far!

~Simple Machine~ he seemed really excited for this game and then day one comes and he's Mia for most if it. Then he contributes nothing of intrigue. Hes my top suspect

~RadicalFuzz~ Using a flood to stay off the grid. I ain't buying that shit.

Guys that look good to me!

*Kaz* Whoa, not getting email notifications is a big deal. Specially if you have pm's to check xoxo

*Alpha*  Tone is crisp. Not trying to lunch Fuzz.

*Willy!* Why shouldn't I trust this guy? Hes consistently awesome.

/First Post

{Disclaimer this post may or may not have been completely  nonsense}

Right.

Because as busy as I've been with a newborn child and a 4 year old, I constantly check JTM for the start of a game, right? I had no idea this had even started - I just randomly decided to check. Had I not done so, I'd have a lynch train being ran on me for not checking in or being replaced due to inactivity. Not getting ANY kind of notification from the site is a big deal to me, especially once a game starts.

Anyways, I think third party should out themselves. If it were me, I wouldn't be afraid of "becoming a slave" to voting, as long as you're fully capable of explaining why or why not you're voting a particular way in a clear concise manner. If you can do so, at least from my perspective, I'm not feeling like I'd have to force you one way or the other that would jeopardize your win conditions. I'm sure others realistically would feel the same.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2016, 03:30:32 am »
Also @Cobalt

You gonna update that post with ALL of the roles right?

We appreciate it.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2016, 03:40:23 am »

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2016, 03:49:39 am »
Ya, congrats, good luck, and find time to nap!

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2016, 03:50:12 am »
Also @Cobalt

You gonna update that post with ALL of the roles right?

We appreciate it.

Who are you speaking for here?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2016, 04:14:09 am »

Pimp Willy's posts just have an "I'm lost, what do" feel to them, which I lean town on.

Regarding Pimp Willy - he's an experienced player; he shouldn't feel lost. This game he doesn't seem invested, yet.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2016, 04:50:20 am »
Regarding the survivor - for day 1, I think they should claim only if they are at risk of being lynched. If not, there's one night where they can potentially get NK'ed, protecting our PRs. If the survivor doesn't agree with this - think of it like this - you'd want to help the civilians win as much as you can, because it's going to happen.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2016, 05:18:41 am »
My day one reads tend to be bad but so far I'm leaning on Aug being civ (feel mostly), same for Forge she's also had more of a presence in the thread than she usually does if she's mafia.

Don't really have any bad tells yet other than Von pushing for Jason based on his random day one vote? There's not much more outside of that so I'm not going to place him in that category yet though.

@Blindknagg how do you feel about Alpha?

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2016, 05:31:32 am »
Who are you speaking for here?

Everyone playing.

If I were a part of mafia, I wouldn't need clarification on how many mafia members would I? Just a thought.

FYI, I'm not the only one asking for clarification on the way things were written. Let's move past this already.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2016, 05:36:20 am »
@Blindknagg how do you feel about Alpha?

Neutral on him. He's doing the usual day one Fuzz vote and the only thing missing is a plan of some sort but there's not enough game mechanics / fewer roles for that this time?

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +788
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2016, 05:36:33 am »
I've asked for clarification bts from cobalt as well. Pimp Willy and kaz can just read it in our mafia chat.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2016, 05:42:16 am »
Everyone playing.

If I were a part of mafia, I wouldn't need clarification on how many mafia members would I? Just a thought.

FYI, I'm not the only one asking for clarification on the way things were written. Let's move past this already.

Which is a very civ thing to do and I read that post as we implying us, the civs.

But if I toast hard enough I could imagine a scenario where someone on the mafia team would notice that the number of mafia members are missing from the roles post and point it out to gain civ points. (I'm not suspicious of you atm just toasting)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2016, 05:54:51 am »
Aaaaaaaand perused. Nothing of interest. Looks like the majority of people are still wording their phrases safely enough to avoid confrontation.

@ForgeDigger, how long are they expecting Fuzz's power to be out? Longer than two Day phases?

NOW, since I hate soulreads and everything they stand for, I'll be looking at general patterns of people instead.

Augustus - I agree with FPSG's evaluation that he's doing his usual bad boy schtick to get Cobalt-senpai to notice him, but apart from that, he isn't doing much and he's blaming everyone else for it. I don't like his 'throw names at a wall and see if they stick' strategy, not because I don't like the tactic, but because he's putting no effort into it. If you're going to try and draw blood from stones, at least pretend to put some pressure into it. Don't just loosely mention their name and hope they respond.

Blindknagg - Interestingly, the only times he doesn't quote someone else, he's talking about himself. I do like him looking at the third party revealing themselves from multiple angles. Considering different perspectives is a trait I find valuable in this game.

DrWilgy - Very interesting pickup by a couple of people that he hasn't done the whole "LOL I AM A DOCTOR" thing. A welcome change that I appreciate, but still a change in usual behaviour nonetheless. 3 posts total, idgaf about the first 2. The third one (I'm assuming) has the same problem Augustus' posts have, where it looks like he's attempting to push someone with the same amount of effort you'd push a button with.

ForgeDigger - Also doing the thing where she blames (kinda) the rest of the thread for not gathering information, but is actually asking questions and getting people to elaborate. Bonus points for the recognition that Day 1 almost feels like a waste of time in some circumstances.

Fruit Punch Samurai G - Starts off with his 2nd post giving some people an excuse for not performing to the best of their ability right out of the gates. Would be interested to see who specifically he thinks is 'shaking the rust off'. His analysis of kaz could be [REDACTED], but we'll see if that develops into anything later. And yes, slanking sounds fucking stupid.

jasonC - Looks to be the highest post count atm. His interaction with vonvorto looks genuinely inquisitive and he appears to be putting in the most effort in the game to draw out information. I don't feel any need to look deeper into his posts at this time, but I'll be keeping an eye out for something he does as Mafia.

kaz - Was worried to begin with that he'd stick with the 'roles on page' thing for a decent chunk of Day 1, but he has actually actively participated. What I don't like is that all of his posts not about the roles are about himself. Could possibly be perceived as defensive and unwilling to question.

Pimp Willy - All his posts are about roles and questions surrounding them (which to be fair is what I would normally be doing, but this setup's roles don't really leave much to be discussed). Also shows some kaz [REDACTED] and mirrors the generic group opinion of Augustus. Would like to see some original thoughts from him.

RadicalFuzz - Get flooded cunt. (Here comes the Jesus Toast - Fuzz and Forge are Mafia together and Forge buys Fuzz some free days. Reverse Google image search didn't come up with any identical results for the flood pic, but I won't allow myself to be 100% certain that he doesn't have power, as much as I hope he doesn't. I've been without power once for several days and it was despair-inducing.)

Simple Machine - One post so far. The post is... it's a Day 1 post. Everyone's made similar posts, so there's nothing to fault here. More activity pls.

Synonym - No reason to analyse this one, unless...

vonvorto - Seems to have been baiting pretty hard. I kinda like that tactic tbh. Would love to hear from vonvorto as to his interpretation of the results of his baits. Lots of asking for elaboration, decent amount of thoughtful analysis. I want to leave this one for now as well, unless vovo/jC becomes a thing. I really want that interaction to be Civ/Civ.

Don't ask me for a Day 1 list of who I think is Villager/Mafia or I'll direct you to the sentence about hating soulreads. The above should give you a decent enough idea of my opinions anyway.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2016, 06:03:57 am »
God fucking dammit cunts, I was meant to have a couple of hours to myself in this thread.

Regarding the survivor - for day 1, I think they should claim only if they are at risk of being lynched. If not, there's one night where they can potentially get NK'ed, protecting our PRs. If the survivor doesn't agree with this - think of it like this - you'd want to help the civilians win as much as you can, because it's going to happen.

I was going to disagree with you strongly on this thought process, but having considered it in greater detail, I fully support the Survivor not role claiming.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2016, 06:06:35 am »
I'm up early nowadays for work. I'm super curious to know what mafia tell you think I have. Share post-game?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2016, 06:07:55 am »
I'm up early nowadays for work. I'm super curious to know what mafia tell you think I have. Share post-game?

lolno. I'll share it when it comes up next. Although it's less of a "tell" and more of an... action?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2016, 06:08:42 am »
hmm? What is it, damnit. Do I tend to post videos as mafia? I know I've done that here and there.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2016, 06:11:17 am »
hmm? What is it, damnit. Do I tend to post videos as mafia? I know I've done that here and there.

This ain't 20 questions, nigga.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2016, 06:12:24 am »
So I'm right.  Skizzzgasm

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2016, 06:21:49 am »
Think d1 lists are uncharacteristic of Alpha.

Maybe woofin'.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2016, 06:28:35 am »
I dislike that post a lot after actually reading it. Feels forced and tone seems weird.

Want to lunch.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2016, 06:34:18 am »
Think my biggest problem with that is he reaches non-conclusions on people a few times. Like, why not just say "null" for now? Seems like he thinks he needs to write something about them to give the appearance of work. Makes it come across as less genuine that way, imo.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2016, 06:37:30 am »
kaz should actually, like, post reads.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2016, 06:39:11 am »
Have we played a game with Alpha since last year's GoC? lol

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2016, 06:52:07 am »
Have we played a game with Alpha since last year's GoC? lol

Hmm Teen Wolf was after GoC2.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2016, 07:25:14 am »
Also, also, also... He hasn't blamed me for requesting the removal of the lovers which would have made the game easier.

Lock wolf, omg.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2016, 07:25:55 am »
kaz should actually, like, post reads.

Since you happen to be around at the moment, I'm kind of curious before I do so, why me specifically?