September 21, 2017, 05:55:51 pm

Author Topic: Mafia Championship Season 3: JTM Invited Again  (Read 5953 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1507
Mafia Championship Season 3: JTM Invited Again
« on: March 28, 2016, 10:18:41 pm »
PogChamp

So, we've been invited again to the Mafia Championship. Time for us to find our representative.

Heres the info as sent by @Thingyman

Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3

Hello everyone, it’s that time of the year again :)

I am making this post with the hopes that your community would be interested in participating in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship. It will be bigger and more epic than ever before.

This year we’re expanding once again; 136 communities will be invited to participate, making this not only the biggest Mafia event ever, but also the largest cross-forum event in the history of the Internet. We’ve also moved the venue to Mafia Universe, a new site created largely because of this series.

Are you interested?

As always, how you decide your representative is completely up to you. To guarantee your community a spot in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship, I will need to know of your community's interest within the next week (until April 4th). Following this, you will have an additional two weeks to decide your nominee (until April 18th). Additionally, it would be a very good idea to also name an alternate.

Remember that your representative needs to be prepared to deal with a lot of activity. Expect at least upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. The representative needs to not only be able to read all this, but should also at least be able to manage making 10+ posts per day phase.

Season 3 Specifics

• 136 different communities are invited to participate. If some decline the invitation, I may opt to allow larger communities an additional nominee.
• 8 Qualifying Games will be played with 17 players each.
• 2 players advance to the Finale Game from each game based on post-game votes.
• 1 Wildcard Game will be played (Wildcards are decided by a jury consisting of former finalists), determining the 17th and final spot in the Finale. Runner-ups in this game will be first in line to replace any finalists who may have to drop out.

Season 3 Timeline & Important Dates

The first Qualifying Game is set to start April 25th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100% guarantee that this won’t happen).

Season 3 Game Design & Setup

For each season, we’ve changed it up. This time, we’re doing something new again!

The setup is called Matrix12 and is inspired by mafiascum’s popular Matrix6 setup, if any of you are familiar with that. In short, the concept is that there are 12 different possible setups and the host randomizes which one is used. The players know what setups are available, but not which one will be used!

More on the setup here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/1374-Setup-Discussion-Matrix12-%28Proposed-Season-3-Format%29

Regarding lynch mechanics: There will be a deadline each day phase, and the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, unless a majority has already been reached before then, in which case the day ends prematurely.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends).
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Re: Mafia Championship Season 3: JTM Invited Again
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:19:24 pm »
I say we should send some of the people who have been playing over there still recently, since we haven't had a game here. @Augustus is sick of this place but maybe he'd want to play as our rep? lol
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 10:25:47 pm »
I already told some of them I was gonna be picked to represent.

Yes.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1904
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 10:29:05 pm »
HOLY FUCK.

WE GOT INVITED AGAIN?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 10:31:23 pm »
I already told some of them I was gonna be picked to represent.

Yes.

Whether you like it or not, you're a JTM OG nigga. There are a few other members I'd nominate, but I want to see if they're fucking stupid enough to volunteer first.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 10:44:58 pm »
HOLY FUCK.

WE GOT INVITED AGAIN?

Surprised we haven't gotten banned yet!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +783
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 11:17:44 pm »
I nominate @ernestinesa69
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 11:33:40 pm »
I nominate @ernestinesa69

Renowned as one of JTM's strongest wallflowers with a perfect never-been-lynched record.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 07:27:54 am »
I'd volunteer just for the chance of tasting the salt from all the "100+ posts a day" dudes if I somehow make it to the end posting the bare minimum.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 11:37:05 am »
Have we played a game since 2016?
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +619
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 12:53:51 pm »
Nope.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 10:30:49 pm »
As the member with the most seniority, influence, and political power, I nominate Gloop. I would have volunteered but I feel I may have been too good and JTM would have received unjust pressure as being a group of players who are just at the top of the mafia community. Which as we all know is probably true. But we don't need strangers having unrealistic expectations of us.   
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 11:27:48 pm »
I just want to see Augustus get lynched on some bullshit charges and get mad again.

Tortugagrande is my name, shitposting is my game.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1397
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 05:36:41 am »
Just to have another hat in the ring.

I nominate @jasonC
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 05:43:52 am »
Can we send Augustus if JTM rolls Civ and jasonC if JTM rolls Mafia?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 05:46:01 am »
Can we send Augustus if JTM rolls Civ and jasonC if JTM rolls Mafia?
Yes.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 06:48:42 am »
Thanks for the nod, but I kinda don't want to play.

End of fiscal year workload is killer, plus looking for a new job, plus SFV is eating up my brain cells.

I'd nominate Chief or PW, if we wanted to throw other names into the hat.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +619
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 07:15:58 am »
I like BK for president
かえるおねがい!

c:

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +21
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 07:52:35 am »
I nominate @Missing Person    :-X

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 08:03:12 am »
GTF is also on the invite list. They should send Augustus b/c the rest of them are trash.  :votebot:

Then somehow we can infiltrate with 1.5 players.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 01:31:32 pm »
I like BK for president

BK is a strong embodiment of the JTM morals and values.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 01:33:24 pm »
Yes.

Holy fuck where did you come from?

I nominate @Missing Person    :-X

Have you lot done nothing but lurk for the last couple of months? Niggas ain't even in a Mafia game and we still got wallflowers.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 08:07:18 pm »
I think Chief would be a good nod or Kaz if we want to let some of the OG's play in a game with activity and maybe get their sparks back. Otherwise my vote remains with Augustus.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 08:07:59 pm »
Let's try not to double up on sending champions if we can avoid it. Let's get the most number of players experience playing in the big leagues.

Plus, I never want to play in it again.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 01:25:09 am »
I don't know if I've got the mental fortitude to play right now. Too much shit on my plate to deal with fucking knobs like dils or Scott Howard again.

Sent from my LG-F500K using Tapatalk

"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 01:25:56 am »
Chief or Augustus are good for me.

Sent from my LG-F500K using Tapatalk

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 02:39:26 am »
Can we send toogs?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 03:27:57 am »
Only if vaginalmesh53 is too busy to play.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 04:53:01 am »
Only if vaginalmesh53 is too busy to play.

That's a PW alt isn't it? Or Vynce possibly. I never figured it out.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 07:33:58 am »
Confirm me already. I'm the most reasonable choice.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 11:45:47 am »
That's a PW alt isn't it? Or Vynce possibly. I never figured it out.

I think it was a random bot that MP just turned into a legit account for fun

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 01:31:29 pm »
Confirm me already. I'm the most reasonable choice.

Who's GTF sending?

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 01:47:57 pm »
Cobalt.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 03:14:45 pm »
Can we just send both Augustus and Cobalt and whoever does better say they were our champion?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +21
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2016, 09:05:04 am »
Holy fuck where did you come from?
Have you lot done nothing but lurk for the last couple of months? Niggas ain't even in a Mafia game and we still got wallflowers.

Not my fault y'all haven't run any mafia games lately.  :P

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 07:08:16 pm »
So can I tell @Thingyman that I'm being sent now?

I don't think anyone else cares.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 08:02:40 pm »
I told him we were sending somebody. I think its fine that we send you. Do us proud.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2016, 06:23:12 am »

Knock yourself out.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2016, 02:56:08 pm »

You'd think a website devoted to Mafia would be a little more enthusiastic.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2016, 06:57:07 pm »
We should get to write his bio.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2016, 07:27:37 pm »
"Augustus likes dicks in and around his mouth."

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2016, 10:18:05 pm »
How crude.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2016, 11:29:26 pm »
"Augustus likes dicks politely put in and around his mouth."

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2016, 12:06:31 am »
Augustus is the fourth person to be sent to the GoC purely because he is the fourth best mafia player on our site.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 4    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2016, 12:54:56 pm »
Augustus prefers to be called by his given name, "Gloop".
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +93
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2016, 01:36:04 pm »
I nominate myself~~

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2016, 10:56:04 am »
Would have been nice to be nominated

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2016, 04:09:59 pm »
I think Chief would be a good nod or Kaz if we want to let some of the OG's play in a game with activity and maybe get their sparks back. Otherwise my vote remains with Augustus.
I had your back kaz.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2016, 10:55:35 pm »
Would have been nice to be nominated

I had your back kaz.

How can we trust you to read 100 pages when you miss your name on one page? kappa
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 08:57:50 am »
Game 6 - June 6 (36/12 phases, American deadlines)
 7-Zark-7 (ARS Technica)
 Arsenalex (MensTennisForums)
 Augustus (Jesus Toast Mafia)
 FCD (VGCW Official Forum)
 Jackofhearts2005 (HeroClix Realms)
 James Rye (Manga Helpers)
 madchemist (Paradox Interactive Forums)
 Malcolm (DuelistGroundz)
 Max Payne (Metal Gear Solid Forums)
 Nimbus (One Piece Bay)
 Penz0rman (Bodybuilding)
 Sloonei (Rate Your Music)
 Sunbae (Mafia Universe)
 tbane5 (American Hattrick.org community)
 The Sun Fan (Flash Flash Revolution)
 Xardob (TaleWorlds)
OPEN/RESERVED SPOT

Who will be this year's toogs?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)