October 18, 2017, 07:56:25 am

Author Topic: Mafia GM Queue (Post in here if you want to add your game)  (Read 39687 times)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912
Re: Mafia GM Queue (Post in here if you want to add your game)
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2015, 02:08:24 am »
Here's a spoiler card for the 90's Kid Mafia game:

Spoiler for 90's Kid Role Card:

Nice touch with the pink symbol on the left there.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2015, 12:21:13 am »
This would truly make it 90's.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Raevyn

• The Incredible Flake
  • Moldy Toast
  • I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
  • Rated: +37
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2015, 12:52:14 am »
Those were really only around in the 90s?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1400
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2015, 01:01:24 am »
I'm going to put all the records of this next game I run in a Trapper Keeper, FYI.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2015, 02:29:43 am »
This would truly make it 90's.

While that is 90's as fuck, that design is still in use. There's this seasonal ice cream place near me that uses those.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2015, 01:39:59 pm »
I really want to design a Final Fantasy game but I'm not sure which game to use. I really like the idea of FFXII, with the five Judge Magisters as mafia. I'll have to mull it over.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2015, 01:59:45 pm »
I've actually been thinking of putting one together. It would be "Videogame Legends: The fight against industry cancer!"

Civ roles would be major gaming icons. Solid Snake would the vigi and so on and so forth. Mafia would be stuff like Tameem Antoniades and Phil Fish. EA would be the godfather.

BUT, I will throw in a Third Party. If that third party player is not killed before mafia and civs reach roster parity, both sides lose and only the Third Party player wins. I want to see what it would be like if you created an environment where mafia and town genuinely had to work together to some degree. It would make end game shit really tense. Kinda like "Hey we gotta cooperate here or we both lose." Also that third party would not count towards either teams numbers.

I also had an idea for a weird medic off shot that would be included along with the medic. Not sure what the name for it would be. Basically this medic variant would be able to target one person at night. If that person is killed that same night, they die and are brought back into the game not the following day phase but the following night phase after all night actions are locked. But to keep it not OP as fuck, they can only submit that action once. If they target the wrong person, they die that night phase. So yeah you can revive a night kill on a delayed timer, but your risk for doing it is extremely high. Mafia are not made aware of whether or not their night kill was targeted by that player. I feel like this role could lead to some hilarious shit if a player is resurrected on the phase that a night kill would equal a mafia win, but that player coming back to life just barely keeps the civs alive. If a cocky mafia let on that they are mafia right before that happened, oh my god the salt.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:01:18 pm by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2015, 05:03:59 pm »
Anita Sarkeesian better be Forger.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2015, 05:05:26 pm »
Who would be the enforcer?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what goes here.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2015, 05:42:06 pm »
I havent worked it all out yet.

But for the record, that third party that if he wins, everybody else loses? Jack Thompson.

I might avoid the Anita Sarkeesian thing just to avoid the softly rustling jimmies of Gamer Gate people around here, if there are any. I dont particularly feel like dealing with it. Though Forger is a fantastic fit.

I might make Tameem Enforcer. Though I am conflicted about that. Reason being because I would want to include in the writeup how Tameem made that player into something absolutely terrible(absolutely shattering the fourth wall), but that would also involve revealing to the thread who enforcer targetd which I'm sure isnt supposed to be general knowledge.

Roleless cards will be unique. UC might either be Sam & Max, or Max Payne. (I AM TRYING EXTREMELY HARD NOT TO MAKE IT PHOENIX WRIGHT)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:44:32 pm by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

drwill439

• Rye Toast
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2015, 06:08:16 pm »
Why would it be Phoenix? He's not a cop...

Not sure what goes here.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2015, 06:46:33 pm »
In the Phoenix Wright world the defense attorneys are expected to investigate the case without any help from the police force whatsoever, and he commonly finds things that the police force miss.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

drwill439

• Rye Toast
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2015, 06:56:21 pm »
Sooooo....
Matlock?

Not sure what goes here.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2015, 07:06:59 pm »
Sooooo....
Matlock?

Basically.

I mean defense lawyers technically dont work that way in the game IIRC. The thing is that in Ace Attorney games the prosecution has your client so dead to rights, that the only way to prove your client innocent is to actually find the real perpetrator yourself.

Every episode is essentially an open and shut case in the courts eyes, but you have to find a way to flip the whole thing on it's head. So Phoenix is a defense lawyer by occupation, but also an investigator by trade.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:08:05 pm by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2015, 01:09:49 am »
No 3rd party Po Pimpus role that must kill Capcom to win?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2015, 02:31:49 am »

Capcom's killing themselves fine.

Spoiler for Hiden:
R.I.P. Breath of Fire VI ;_;
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2015, 02:47:05 am »

Maybe if he didn't annoy the shit out of me on a regular basis I would feel like it.

I haven't finalized what roles will be implemented either, but if I include a bomb, it will be Asura just for the fuck of it. But he doesnt have a bomb. If somebody attempts to night kill him, he just gets pissed off and punches the person so hard that they both vanish from existence. Kinda like the game!

I still need to work on the recommended player ratio too and how many roles are practical.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:51:24 am by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2015, 03:49:30 am »
po pimpus: 3rd party village idiot.

Easy.

私はロン•バーガンデイですか?

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2015, 04:23:37 am »
Or Po Pimpus and DmC Donte as the lovers kappa.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2015, 06:11:32 am »
Tameem can recruit a player. That player becomes Po Pimpus. His rolecard is Donte with a DMC3 outfit. PO and Tameem are lovers. I might find a way to borrow Willy's Walt and Skyler mechanic for this pair. Still brainstorming.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2015, 10:39:55 am »
Po loses if Smogon declares that he is the Mayor to avoid a lynch.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2015, 10:57:02 am »
Honestly this game is probably gonna be like Disney. Like 4 roles at least for each side.

Original Dante could be jack of all trades. If he kills Tameem he gets another vigi stock. Snakes stocks are not replenishible.

I'm already thinking of writeup scenarios too. I really hope Sonic gets night killed. That shit will be laughs. I'm gonna start making rolecards when I get home. The roles that I create may or may not be used in the final game.

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +145
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2015, 01:09:37 pm »
Honestly this game is probably gonna be like Disney. Like 4 roles at least for each side.

Original Dante could be jack of all trades. If he kills Tameem he gets another vigi stock. Snakes stocks are not replenishible.

I'm already thinking of writeup scenarios too. I really hope Sonic gets night killed. That shit will be laughs. I'm gonna start making rolecards when I get home. The roles that I create may or may not be used in the final game.

And then, if Original Dante dies, he flips and joins the mafia because that's edgy and hardcore.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2015, 01:21:42 pm »

And then, if Original Dante dies, he flips and joins the mafia because that's edgy and hardcore.

The player is then only allowed to post "Fuck you!" /Kappa

EDIT: I have 10 roles(Mafia + Civ), 18 Roleless choices, and a Third party all set out. The roleless uniques will be RNG'd as likely not all of them will be used. I might decrease the mafia count by 1. Mainly because town has a weird offshot role that can detonate herself(Hmmmmmm) if she fucks up at night. Gonna try and make up a roleless card or two. Also to try and dwindle the pool of power players
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:21:18 pm by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2015, 09:22:48 am »
Actually I'm gonna test my writeup skills in the writers corner or whatever when I get home. I'm aways thinking of scenarios for my game and how I would write them and I came up with one with Asura and Dante. I decides not to include Asura as the bomb in my game so this will be like a deleted scene.

Also could somebody work with me on creating a rolecard template? I have basically no picture editing experience and need something to start from.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2015, 09:59:53 am »
I sort of could. But you'd have to tell me what you wanted them to look like.
かえるおねがい!

c:

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2015, 10:54:06 am »

Kinda like the breaking bad cards. Lots of room for a character picture as well as role description. Maybe a small box on the description side to put their game logo into. Maybe a quote space like on the Disney cards too.

I don't want them to be really elaborate. I just don't know how to start making this shit in a graphic editor like GIMP.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2015, 11:06:48 am »

Kinda like the breaking bad cards. Lots of room for a character picture as well as role description. Maybe a small box on the description side to put their game logo into. Maybe a quote space like on the Disney cards too.

I don't want them to be really elaborate. I just don't know how to start making this shit in a graphic editor like GIMP.
I have an idea, but I don't get off until 2. I can get you a template in about 2 hours, and it will be made with gimp so you can edit it with gimp.

I'll try to describe what I'm thinking of with words, though:
*The role's name be centered at the top
*The rest of the role card will be split up into 2 boxes on the left and the right: the left for the picture and the right for the description/quotes or w/e
*The logo of the game that the role came from will watermarked in the background
*The background image will be some generic abstract art (unless you have a preference for this too c:)
     -this obviously is something that could be messed around with a lot. Could be some sick lightning, some glowy shit with tendrils, or just a plain gradient.

You don't have a preferred type of font, right?
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2015, 12:16:31 pm »
I could give you my breaking bad template I used as a starting point, but then you'd need photoshop
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2015, 12:35:49 pm »
Gimp can open PSDs I believe.

I actually don't know.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:39:25 pm by ForgeDigger »
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2015, 12:39:51 pm »
Also there's a wasp in my room so I can't work on your template. :c
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2015, 01:33:12 pm »
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2015, 01:40:14 pm »
Thanks guys.

PW I'll see if I can make anything out of that BB template. Gracias.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2015, 07:01:09 pm »
Gimp can open PSDs I believe.

I actually don't know.

Yeah, GIMP can.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2015, 09:47:40 am »
TGG - did you still want me to make a template?
かえるおねがい!

c:

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2015, 10:59:42 am »
TGG - did you still want me to make a template?

Yeah go ahead and cook up a rough version if you don't mind. Haven't had chance to mess around with the breaking bad template yet.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2015, 11:04:31 am »
Alright cool.
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2015, 12:06:57 pm »
Yeah go ahead and cook up a rough version if you don't mind. Haven't had chance to mess around with the breaking bad template yet.

ayyyy

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2015, 01:17:49 pm »

ayyyy

When your boy gets the joke
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2015, 02:12:27 pm »

RadicalFuzz is "your boy"? I'll keep that in mind.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2015, 02:27:52 pm »

RadicalFuzz is "your boy"? I'll keep that in mind.

You know what i meant.

Ur teh only 1 4 me bb

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2015, 09:44:00 am »
Just thinking since @Synonym started showing up recently, whatever happened to that Survivor game you were going to run buddy?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 2    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2015, 06:57:02 pm »
That'll end up in the Other Games section.

drwill439

• Rye Toast
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2015, 10:09:54 pm »
Just posting to make sure I have a spot in the 90's kid game. MP, if is isn't too much trouble, gimme a ring.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Not sure what goes here.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2015, 10:13:25 pm »
You're already on my list to ping.  Guess dibs have already been grabbed, so you have a slot.

I'm actually going to be very lax with player caps this time, because there's a LOT of interest in this game.  So long as you're willing to play, I'll accomodate.

drwill439

• Rye Toast
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2015, 10:14:15 pm »
Alright, thanks.

Not sure what goes here.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2015, 03:06:42 am »
I may have extended time for signups. PW will hopefully have surprises for us prior to the start of the game, Turretius willing.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2015, 03:26:08 pm »
Would you mind placing me down for Magical Girl Mafia? Currently in the works. Here's a neutral card.
Spoiler for Hiden:
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2015, 09:33:31 am »
You're already on my list to ping.  Guess dibs have already been grabbed, so you have a slot.

I'm actually going to be very lax with player caps this time, because there's a LOT of interest in this game.  So long as you're willing to play, I'll accomodate.

When is the next game to start?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2015, 04:28:27 pm »
In a couple weeks. Sign ups start after this game ends.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?