October 23, 2017, 01:46:53 pm

Author Topic: PM Masks: Sig and Simple Machine  (Read 1887 times)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +732
PM Masks: Sig and Simple Machine
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:06:39 pm »
@Sig
@Simple Machine

Here is your PM thread.  Good luck!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +93
Re: PM Masks: Sig and Simple Machine
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:32:52 pm »
Oh! I found it!

Sorry for voting you off last game! So what's cookin good lookin? What type of dance routine are we doing?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +21
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 10:20:54 am »
Okay looks good does the lover thing work like in mafia?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +732
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:29:48 am »
Yes, similar.  Right now you two are wearing the masks which allow you to speak to each other privately via this thread.  I leave it to you two to figure out what you want to talk about.

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 10:37:43 am »
Okay thanks
@Simple Machine we don't have much time together unfortunately, would it be better to target the same person or to just scavenge this turn? 

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 10:58:14 am »
Of course we could also form an alliance for the time being even after we are out of this chat

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 04:28:57 pm »
I think we both start out at 0/0 for attack and defense so it may be wise for us to scavenge?

If you want to work throughout the game together it can work! I think, sorta. We'd have to be a little covert about it, which presents some challenges.

How would you like to play this!? This is my first game so I'm not exactly certain how we should or can play this.

What are you thinking of scavenging? I might go for something with Bleed effect. Champagne bottle also looks good!

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 04:40:18 pm »
Hmm, I'm thinking about scavenging either the Candlebra or fireplace poker! What about you?

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 06:13:33 pm »
I went for the poker. What are you thinking about getting? If you want to team up it would be a good idea if you grabbed something defensive so we could go for a spear and shield sort of strat! Or, you can ust do whatever you'd like! That'd be neat too!

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 06:33:41 pm »
Okay I guess I will scavenge. This is my first game to so I don't really know what I'm doing either. I was thinking about going for the revolver but decided against it, and instead went with a defensive thing.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 06:38:29 pm »
Sounds good! We'll see what other people do, hopefully I get my poker so we can at least attempt something.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 07:19:35 pm »
How do you want to proceed from here? I can take out one of the other players!

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 07:31:14 pm »
Sig! Do you want to team up long term, or short term?

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 06:10:02 am »
I think a long term alliance would be good, I would say we should either go after Alpha or Doof since they have the highest attack items and no defense, if you tell me which you plan to attack this turn I will follow it up in the next phase?

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 06:16:54 am »
Or do you want to go after Missing Person? He got a gift if he is gone then sponsers will have to give to other people?

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 06:01:23 pm »
Sorry, been busy all day.  Alpha doesn't sound that bad, but he could have the counter attack skill. If I attack him naked I might die.

Doof? Sounds alright.

Missing Person, seems like he has a solid to good mask. It might be worth targeting him.

What you plan on doing tonight?

I'll leave a legacy post to you just before the end of the phase so check the pm before the end of the phase.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 06:09:27 pm »
Since the masks titles are in the spoiler title we'll be able to know exactly what powers there are attached to which people, provided we know what mask name is attached to what power we'll be able to plan how we choose to play it. So far I've deduced:

Magnificent mask: in chat with player who holds intriguing mask
Intriguing mask: in chat with player who holds magnificent mask
gruesome mask: no action this phase gives +1/+1 (currently held by blindknagg)

descuff said that he has a mask that allows a double scavenge, yet it wasn't reflected in the writeup. So maybe it's a bluff but keep an eye on affluent mask.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 06:27:53 pm »
If you want long term then we can have a codename for masks?

~15 names and corresponding abilities~

Cha Cha: Intriguing and Magnificent (Lovers convo)

Waltz: You cannot defend.  You may attack twice, targeting two different players.
Flamenco: While defending, you may target a mask and a player (you may target yourself) to move that mask to that player next phase.

Tango:  While scavenging , you automatically Defend as well (Defend bonus is calculated after you scavenge).

Square dance: Gain  +1 def.  When you Investigate, you can target two masks.

Cossack: You cannot attack.  If you are attacked, you automatically attack your attacker first, before your attacker can hit you.

Electric slide: If you attack someone who is scavenging, their scavenge fails as if they did no action this phase.

hokey pokey: When you attack a player, you also Investigate the Mask that they are wearing.

The Charleston: Your attacks do half damage, rounded down.  Any player that you attack drops a target item (you may target a mask) they are holding if they survive your attack. 

Limbo:  If you take no action this phase, gain +1 atk, +1 def next phase aka Gruesome mask

Jitterbug: When you Attack someone, their Mask is disabled for that phase (for the PM masks, the PM is inactive for 1 phase).

Rumba: Recover 1 Bleed damage at the end of the phase.

Twerk: Gain atk equal to the amount of Bleed damage you have.

Macarena: You may opt to gain 1 Bleed damage (applied before your actions) to take an additional action.

Thoughts? We can change the list ordering on a set phase, but that would require some work!

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 06:45:53 pm »
I might either scavenge or kill tonight. Not sure!

Actually, you can scavenge this phase while I attack someone. then could you protect me next phase while I ddo something? That'd be sweet!

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 06:58:03 pm »
I'm attacking Doof, WISH ME LUUUUUUUUUCK!