October 17, 2017, 05:01:38 pm

Author Topic: Mafia Proving Grounds II: Red Vs. Blue - Blood Gulch Rising -- SIGN-UP THREAD  (Read 28811 times)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1400
Welcome to the second edition of Proving Grounds!  Note, this game is only open to players who did not play in this season's All Star game.  If you are looking to improve your play with other players or start out small, now's your chance before we jump back into open formats again!

Theme:
Each team, situated in a box canyon in the middle of nowhere, has received orders from Vic Jr. to take each other out.  However, one team has decided to take the initiative and put spies in the other's base.  Now it's up to the braintrust to lynch the spies before they kill them!

Overall game idea (if you're new to Mafia games):
13 people get thrown into a situation where you don't know who to trust. Each day the town gets together and decides to kill somebody, to try and find the mafia. After a vote, the person with the most votes is killed by the townsfolk. At night, everyone goes back to their beds to sleep, and the mafia get their turn to kill people. If the mafia has the same amount of people as the Town, they win the game. If the town kills all the mafia, they win. You win or lose as a team, not individually, so do your best to help your team out!

13 Person sign up
10-11 Town
2-3 Mafia

(Note:  If we are able to collect 26 players, I will run two separate games simultaneously.)

MAJOR NOTICE: While sign-ups are being done here, you must also register an account on JesusToastMafia.com in order to play.  Jesus Toast is the site we will be using to run games indefinitely thanks to SRK's "upgrades."  There will also be players that have Jesus Toast accounts signing up there, and both sign-up sheets will reflect that.

Roles:

Spoiler for Blue Team (Blue Game):

Spoiler for Red Team (Blue Game):

Spoiler for Red Team (Red Game):

Spoiler for Blue Team (Red Game):

Special Mechanics: Before the game, the mafia leader and private (both randomly selected) for each game will choose whether to promote their private to a different role, or recruit a third person as their choice to be their team's rookie.  The mechanics go as follows:

Officer: Until the officer dies, the mafia learns what person the Detective investigates each night.
Recon: Until the Recon dies, the mafia learns what person the Medic protects each night.
Private: All mafia are plain roles, and a third mafia of the leader's choice is recruited before the game starts.

Phases:

The game will cycle between day phase and night phase. In order to keep things consistent, we will be running a 48 hour cycle split into 2 phases, which will always start/stop at the same time.

Day phase will last 36 hours. All votes are done privately through PM. Players who do not submit their lynch vote before the deadline two times during the game will be DQ'd.  They will be listed as dead, and their role revealed.

Night phase will last 12 hours. During this phase, the mafia must decide who they want to kill. People with night actions must PM their choices before the deadline.

Talking is allowed during all phases.

Votes:
No Lynch is always a valid voting choice at all phases of the game. Your choice must be PMd to me by the end of the day phase. Votes cannot be changed once PMd. Include your day ability choices in the PM (though you can vote and wait on your ability if you feel the need to)

Votes will be publicly revealed in the thread at the end of the day phase.

When you die, your allegiance as well as your role will be revealed.

Last Gasps:

There are no last gasps this game.

COMMON SENSE RULES THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO POINT OUT, BUT NOW HAVE TO:

1) Do not PM anyone playing the game. If you are mafia, keep your talk in the mafia conversation. If you're one of the lovers, keep your chat inside the Lovers conversation. You should not be PMing anyone. If you have any questions regarding gameplay, PM me. If someone PMs you that shouldn't be, do not mention it in the thread, just PM me with the the contents of it. PM'ing once will result in a DQ. Habitually doing so will result in a ban. (Things not game related will not result in any penalty, but to keep the integrity of the game, if someone playing PMs you, please report it to me.)

2) No coaching after you're dead. This includes outside of SRK. I don't care what format you're thinking of using, be it Battle.net, AIM, MSN, Skype, Smoke Signals, Texts, Morse Code. Don't do it. Also, because this has happened recently, I will not verify any of your hunches after you die. Keep it to yourself, take it to the Loser's Lounge, if someone shares information they know, don't bring it to anyone else's attention that's still in the game. If someone does this, PM me with the proof, and that person will face a ban.

3) No discussing or plotting to break or bend the rules in your private conversations, lovers and mafia. I'll be in those conversations anyway, so that should go without saying. But just in case you think you can do it while I'm sleeping, think again. If you start discussing something that I don't immediately catch, and that action is taken, once I find out, the perpetrator of the act and the instigator will both receive bans and DQs.

4) Do not try to get removed from the game after it already starts, or try to break the rules to get DQ'd. If something super unexpected happens, I'll try to be reasonable, but overall, if you know you're going to be busy, and unable to play at all, don't sign up. If you suddenly see a full schedule hit your plate just before we start, ask me to take your name off the list, and I'll put in an alternate. After we start, I'm not going to take your name off unless you have a really good reason, and I can find an alternate to take your place. Otherwise, don't deliberately break a rule just to get a DQ. You will not just get a DQ, but banned.

5) Do not post any PMs, even as a joke. If you are going to make an image joke regarding PMs, at least make it obvious that it's a joke (e.g. make it using MSPaint.)

6) English only in game. No foreign languages or encrypted posts are allowed. This prevents the open flow of information. I will make certain exceptions for certain foreign words that have entered the English vernacular, such as "Hasta la vista," or "Por que?" but an entire post in a foreign language will not be permitted.

7) No making wagers in game. This wagering SRK accounts or self-bans is not going to fly anymore, period. Don't do it, I will DQ you if you do.

8) Cut the personal attacks out.  There is a line between in-game shit talk and gamesmanship, and just being a dickhead and being hateful toward other players.  This is starting to get out of hand.  If I tell you to curb it, just do it.  Keep it up, and enjoy a DQ.

Current Sign Ups:
1) @DukeC
2) @Aidebit
3) @Simple Machine
4) @jasonC
5) @rick ross
6) @ZOOLANDER
7) @myusername22
8) @Pimp Willy
9) @Sumazndude
10) @cloudbreath9
11) @Icege
12) @Dandyman90
13) @Manx
14) @Neesa
15) @drwill439
16) @exodus
17) @CrotchPuncha
18) @Saitsu
19) EVO_el_Kirts_DDR3
20) @BullDancer
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)

Reserve List:
1)
2)
3)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:41:10 am by Missing Person »
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912
Super Adventure Club?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Super Adventure Club?

Fuck, I thought I got all my default references from South Park changed.

Retcon time!
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
Are you really expecting to get 26 people for this MP? I mean 13 of our consistents are barred from playing this because of the allstar game. I don't think we'll get that many people from SRK. Seems like our active roster is locked at somewhere around 30 people
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Well, we'll see.  It's completely possible, and has been done before.

But who knows?  Thankfully, all I need is 13 to run a game, 26 would just be bonus for the two games to run.

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~
  • Rated: +31
Imma wait for a move vanilla set up. You guys are top dawqs and that's a lot of people to keep track off.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
Its a 13 person game, the same as the all star game

Since I didnt play in the last allstar game does that mean I qualify for proving grounds?
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
I would imagine so Pimp.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +93
Yay! Sign me up.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
Count me in.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Tao, I wouldn't worry too much. Just jump in. This is a great game to get into because I will offer a lot of advice in post game.

PW jump in.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
@myusername22 are you going to join?

How about @SoliloquyAside?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:52:52 am by Missing Person »

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~
Tao, I wouldn't worry too much. Just jump in. This is a great game to get into because I will offer a lot of advice in post game.

PW jump in.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

4) Do not try to get removed from the game after it already starts, or try to break the rules to get DQ'd. If something super unexpected happens, I'll try to be reasonable, but overall, if you know you're going to be busy, and unable to play at all, don't sign up

I know my limits.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Word. Next game may be a little more plain. If you want in the Spectators Lounge, let me know.

Everyone that's coming from SRK, post in here to verify that you have signed up!

저는 론 버건디입니까?

myusername22

• Rye Toast
  • Just another username
  • Rated: +24
Is it too late to join? If not sign me up
This is not a forum signature, this is the main post.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Not at all!

저는 론 버건디입니까?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
Put me in, coach
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

DukeC

• Duke
  • Moldy Toast
  • Can I Haz Some of that Toast?
  • Rated: +21
Yeah, I'm here. Just posting to show I got this site bookmarked.

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
I refuse to play in a game that doesn't bring the best to the table.

Sign me up for the Losers Lounge, for the laughs, I guess.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912

Our longest playing veteran is in this game.  Surely you'd want to play with the most experienced Mafia member of SRK?
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161

Our longest playing veteran is in this game.  Surely you'd want to play with the most experienced Mafia member of SRK?

Nah.

I'll wait until everyone is in the mix.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine

Well aren't you just a pleasant chap on a high horse?

Who is Soliloquy anyway?

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~

That's some tough shit talking.

:)

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139

Well aren't you just a pleasant chap on a high horse?

Who is Soliloquy anyway?
I heard Vynce mention Azure once. Azure started playing a year ago or so, but he stopped.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Well we still need 4 people for one game. Maybe 5 because one is saying he won't sign up to JTM.

Someone's going to have to take one for the team.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

Sumazndude

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +37
Hi
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Button Synergy

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
@GodotsRevenge you too, get in here!

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
Azure = Jabs = SolAside

He's been around the bend a few times and knows what he's doing, to say the least.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Sol, if I can get one more player that's been around the block, would you jump in?

You do have PW, Aidebit (top rated on last season's ELO if we had done that), OZ and SAD now.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:12:13 pm by Missing Person »

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Man, all the shit talk.

Tao, you should sign up so you and SAD have dat salty runback.

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~
Man, all the shit talk.

I'm a little tapped out man. I don't have the desire to read pages and pages ATM and I'm fully committed to my Skype Mafia career!
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Man, all the shit talk.

I'm a little tapped out man. I don't have the desire to read pages and pages ATM and I'm fully committed to my Skype Mafia career!

Going pro.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:23:42 pm by Missing Person »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
I now have one game filled up (if crucades doesn't back out because of JTM).

Now trying to hit 26 for the second game!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
I'm totally forgetting two other members that could and should join.

@exodus @WTF-AKUMA-HAX where you guys at?

Neesa

• Tsundere as fuck.
  • Rye Toast
  • I'm just here to write.
  • Rated: +50
Welp... Here I am.  8)
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
I-it's not like, I like you or anything...b-baka!

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
Okay, good. I rushed over to try and sign up, but I was already there.
Not sure what goes here.

Manx

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +19
I am here. I am here!

exodus

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +84

Started a new job + moved twice since latest disappearance. First apartment didn't have wifi so I almost jumped in front of a semi... Just moved into new one yesterday. When does this start?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!

Started a new job + moved twice since latest disappearance. First apartment didn't have wifi so I almost jumped in front of a semi... Just moved into new one yesterday. When does this start?

In about two weeks.  Trying to give time so that people with finals are in the clear before it starts.

Probably actually closer to a week and a half.  Wanting to shoot for the 12th in Americaland.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:43:03 am by Missing Person »

exodus

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +84
I'll be settled by then sign me up

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Got you!

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
I'll take a reserve spot. Not sure if I can commit. 
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
...and fail. Disregard.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!

I thought you forgot to log-in as BJ or something.

I can add you to the Spectator's Lounge though.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine

Can I get in on the spectator's/losers lounge too?

Sumazndude

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +37
Hi

You got snobbed son! Does it burn!?

Man, all the shit talk.

I can still taste the salt in my mouth. I still have so much salt, I put it on the burn...
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty x 1    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Button Synergy

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!

Can I get in on the spectator's/losers lounge too?
Of course.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

Neesa

• Tsundere as fuck.
  • Rye Toast
  • I'm just here to write.
  • Rated: +50
I have a party on 12/13 so, if people wonder why I'm quiet then, it's cause I'm enjoy the festivities and not plotting your demises. Also, being able to use Tapatalk again.....

Hnnghhh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I-it's not like, I like you or anything...b-baka!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Well, now I have to hide this site when my students are in the vicinity.

Thanks Neesa! :tup:

Nah, screw it, I've just wanted an excuse to get them the hell away from my desk when they have no business being here.

This is it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:08:55 pm by Missing Person »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)