December 11, 2017, 06:15:00 pm

Author Topic: JTM Mafia #9: Spy vs Spy Runback  (Read 12422 times)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +707
JTM Mafia #9: Spy vs Spy Runback
« on: December 23, 2015, 11:40:12 am »
Welcome to this special game of Mafia! For this one we'll be replaying the Spy vs Spy format we played last year, only it should go smoother due to no Spygate and the third parties not giving up as soon as the game starts! Hopefully!

I also altered the lovers a bit. Yay!

General Idea (Stolen from Pimp Willy):
This is a game of deception, where there are two groups fighting for the win, the Civilians and the Mafia. During the day phases, players must vote on which player should be "Lynched," aka strung up and killed. At night, the mafia gets to kill any player of their choice. The civilians win if they eliminate all the mafia; the mafia win if they equal or outnumber the civs. There is also the third party players this game; they have their own agendas and win/lose based on different criteria, and count for neither side.

There are two phases: Day and Night. During Day, all players deliberate and submit a vote on a player. The player with the most votes is lynched and eliminated from the game. During Night, the Mafia deliberate to kill and eliminate a player from the game. The Civilians win the game once all Mafia have been eliminated. The Mafia win the game once their numbers are equal to half or more of all remaining players. Any Special Roles will win once their win condition has been fulfilled.

Civs:
Roleless Civ: You are an ordinary, run-of-the-mill spy.
White Spy (UC: Every night may investigate to determine which side they are on and if they are grey or not.)
James Bond (Vigi; Only active when Valentine is Night-Killed, 3 Shots only.)
Solid Snake (Tracker: Every night may pick a player to follow to determine if they use an action or not.)
Nurse Valentine (Medic: At night may choose a player to protect from a night kill, cannot protect herself.)
Red Spy (Cupid, before game begins picks two players to be lovers.)

Mafia:
Black Spy (Mafia Leader: Decides which member kills at night. Comes up Civ if targeted by UC.)
Black Bomberman (T4T: If targeted by a lynch will kill one player of his choosing. If killed at night will kill whoever killed him.)
Pinkie Pie (Forger. Target's a player at night. If that targeted played is targeted by the UC the UC's results will be reversed. If Pinkie targets is a grey the UC will not be told if they are grey or not.)
Garcian Smith (Enforcer. Target's a player at night. That player, if they use an action, will have their action blocked.)

Grey Side:

Grey Spy (Cult Leader, recruits a player of her choosing to her side every night without their knowing; wins automatically when she has all of the remaining players on her side, if targeted by any effect that would kill her one of her recruits will die in her place (one time only). If searched comes up civ.)

Others:

Lovers (Chosen by Cupid. If both are civilian they'll win if the civilians win. If one is Mafia and One civilian they only win if the Mafia wins, but if one dies the other dies and they both lose no matter who wins. If both are Mafia they win if Mafia wins, but if one dies the Mafia gains one free night kill next night phase.)

Black Widow (Third party traitor. At night she can choose to reveal herself to any player. If she reveals herself to Mafia she will join their side and gain one kill she may use at the end of the night phase. If she reveals herself to anyone else they will be told of her role.)

Priorities:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Day:
Lynch

Night:

Enforcer Enforces
Forger Forces
Tracker Tracks
Medic Protect
Grey Recruits
Vigi Kill
Mafia Kill
UC Check
B. W. Kill
Mafia Lover Kill

Player List:
The plan was for 20 players, but if I get 5 more than that I'll alter the player size and add 1 Mafia. No more than 25 though.

1. DrWilgy (Not a Doctor)
2. The Chief (Usually a Doctor, always an ass)
3. XthAtG00fYC10WnX @XthAtGAm3RGuYX
4. jasonC (Press X to Spygate)
5. Citrus (Power of Pinesol)
6. Alpha (Star Spygate Star)
7. Fruit Punch Samurai G (Everyone's favorite third party)
8. Beigesand Blindknagg
9. Kazilla (Can't play fantasy)
10. Cobalt (Yaaaaas bae)
11. Missing Person (Corey in da howse)
12. Sig (Siggy)
13. Metal Mario 69

I'll edit this more later, kinda in a hurry right now due to Xmas.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:21:19 am by Bious »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
Re: JTM Mafia # I forgot: Spy vs Spy Runback
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 11:51:11 am »
In
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 03:38:49 pm »
I'll play.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1407
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 04:16:01 pm »
Thinking about it.

Sent from my LG-F500K using Tapatalk

"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 04:39:31 pm »
This game in a nutshell

I'm in.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +795
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 05:19:44 pm »
Depends when the game's starting. I'll be in Canada for two weeks from Saturday so I probably won't be able to be active at all. I'll sign-up if we still need the numbers though.
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +735
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 05:47:29 pm »
I'm in.

@BeigeSand

Citrus

• Rye Toast
  • Mildly Burnt Toast with Honey
  • Rated: +22
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 06:14:27 pm »
/sign

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1942
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 06:24:33 pm »
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 07:23:34 pm »
Well, this is the 8th Mafia game if we exclude vovo's attempt or the 9th if people haven't repressed those memories.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 08:53:17 pm »
Who?

Maybe I'll join, depends on when it will start.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 10:06:52 pm »
I've never played a spy version of mafia, especially one like this one...EVER!
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 02:26:41 am »
I'm in

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 11:02:31 am »
Who?

Maybe I'll join, depends on when it will start.

Probably not until after New Year's.

k.

Time to win again.

Some year.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 11:03:28 am by Bious »

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 11:14:21 am »
Oh yes, some additions:

If Cupid ties Grey Spy and a civ together, that civ is automatically recruited to grey. If one dies the other lives.

If Cupid ties her with a Mafia Member, they are automatically greyed as well. This doesn't change her win condition, but if she wins her Mafia lover wins too. If Mafia wins she wins if all Mafia are converted. Both Grey and Lover die if one is killed. Grey's Mafia lover is never picked for a sacrifice if Grey is targeted for a kill.

If Cupid ties BW and a civ that civ is converted to Mafia if BW successfully turns. Even if turned if one dies the other lives.

If Cupid somehow ties BW and Grey, BW starts out on the Grey side. If BW converts Grey does not become Mafia. If one dies the other lives.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 02:06:03 pm »
Guess I should send out some @'s.

@kaz
@Pimp Willy
@vonvorto
@descuffphoenix
@Skizzz
@Jan

By the way Raevyn is still banned and Adam and Wolf are banned unless someone proved they weren't the same people.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 02:06:17 pm by Bious »

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 10:05:02 am »
So what's the minimum this game needs?
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 04:35:22 pm »
So what's the minimum this game needs?

19 :(
I'll leave it open for some time after the New Year begins, then do something if we are still short.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 06:37:13 am »
I'd help recruit more people but I'm not quite the social butterfly to other mafia sites like I thought I would be. Somebody can have that ambassador title if they want it btw.

Whatever happened to Cobalt? Does he not come around anymore since we banned Adam and Wolf for being the same person?

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 08:23:43 am »
Finally

You know I'm game to die N1 as usual

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 09:50:14 am »
Hmm... Cobalt has been silent for awhile. Since the last writing challenge at least. I suppose I can ask if any syndicate tomatoes would like to join.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 11:25:15 am »
I'd help recruit more people but I'm not quite the social butterfly to other mafia sites like I thought I would be. Somebody can have that ambassador title if they want it btw.

Whatever happened to Cobalt? Does he not come around anymore since we banned Adam and Wolf for being the same person?
Lmao, nah I'm here. Just been busy. I disappeared from Mafia Universe too, for awhile. Just recently got active again on GTF and I'm GMing a game there soon.

Sign me up Bious.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 11:31:00 am »
btw it's IX. or 9. idk you guys dont have a regular structured system here lol the GM's just bounce it from numbers to roman numerals

Citrus

• Rye Toast
  • Mildly Burnt Toast with Honey
  • Rated: +22
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 08:58:37 pm »
What's a pinesol?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 09:09:55 pm »
btw it's IX. or 9. idk you guys dont have a regular structured system here lol the GM's just bounce it from numbers to roman numerals

Oh shit, we're getting close to All-Stars. When's Arena?

What's a pinesol?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
Re: JTM Mafia #9: Spy vs Spy Runback
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 12:14:13 pm »
I'd love to develop and run another Arena game, but I am way too busy with work at the moment. I barely have time to sit and play a couple of Hearthstone games at night to unwind.  Maybe a Blizzard-themed Arena could be in order? I feel like that's too geeky though.

What happened to MP/TGG/?Bious? GMing the next one? or Ratchet and Clank 2.0 - aka stuff happening at 0.000000001 seconds ago, the game?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 02:42:22 pm »
Been working on the FE one but it is taking a while to make sure it doesn't go like that first one we never did.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 07:26:33 pm »
I'd love to develop and run another Arena game, but I am way too busy with work at the moment. I barely have time to sit and play a couple of Hearthstone games at night to unwind.  Maybe a Blizzard-themed Arena could be in order? I feel like that's too geeky though.

What happened to MP/TGG/?Bious? GMing the next one? or Ratchet and Clank 2.0 - aka stuff happening at 0.000000001 seconds ago, the game?

Ahh, farming simulator.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 07:46:11 pm »
Yeah, I can run Ratchet & Clank 4 - Episode 2 whenever, since I've got all the files recovered.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2015, 07:47:23 pm »
I'm patching the NPC's to grow exponentially if you don't kill them though. Also all new secret abilities.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2015, 10:03:06 pm »
I guess in?
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 03:12:30 pm »
Need at least 8 more people.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 03:34:04 pm »

Nobody gave a shit about my Bebop game, and I dont have the motivation to run Ace Attorney right now.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 03:49:33 pm »
Nobody watches your girly Chinese cartoons, TGG.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 06:56:26 pm »
Nobody gave a shit about my Bebop game, and I dont have the motivation to run Ace Attorney right now.

Not giving a shit about Bebop? Just rename it One Punch Game and fucking everyone will sign up.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 08:28:40 am »
Let's start; I'm itching to play.

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +21
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2016, 01:28:37 pm »
Can Cupid pick himself as one of the two targets?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2016, 02:09:13 pm »
Nobody watches your girly Chinese cartoons, TGG.

If I wanted you to play I would just call it "Boku no Pico Mafia". Night time mafia kills are done via cumshot lobotomy.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2016, 02:45:43 pm »
Can Cupid pick himself as one of the two targets?

No.

At this point I'm gonna make a thread on SRK for some new blood. If that doesn't work I'll run an alternate game.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2016, 03:31:25 pm »
Night time mafia kills are done via cumshot lobotomy.

So like every other Mafia game hosted on JTM/SRK?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 05:37:45 pm »
No that's arena.

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +21
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »
Okay Bious thanks.
also
/In

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 08:40:04 pm »
@Synonym still wanna join in?

Also @Pimp Willy join in and complete the Spygate trio.

@Aidebit I see you lurking.

@RadicalFuzz it's been a while since your last game.

@ForgeDigger Ready to play?

@Vynce been a long while since you've played.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:44:38 pm by Bious »

Metalmarsh89

• Rye Toast
  • Marmot
  • Rated: +7
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2016, 07:18:06 am »
/in if TGG runs Ace Attorney sometime, somewhere. :O

actually, /in either way.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2016, 07:45:11 am »
Greetings Marmot

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 08:41:15 am »
Bious, if you rand me with Marsh as mafia again, I'mma make "Bious Raping RadicalFuzz" look like a paint by number in a kid's book.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 10:39:47 am »
Probably not. At this rate, the game will start while I'm in school.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Metalmarsh89

• Rye Toast
  • Marmot
  • Rated: +7
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2016, 01:40:36 pm »
Bious, if you rand me with Marsh as mafia again, I'mma make "Bious Raping RadicalFuzz" look like a paint by number in a kid's book.

I was thinking along similar lines.

My my, did we botch all of the things in that Teen Wolf game. 

Hullo Doctor! Are you in?

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2016, 02:23:55 pm »
I was 1st.

What Teen Wolf game? sounds fun, but is such a shame one never happened. I wish Phorcys would play too, too bad that never happened either.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2016, 06:41:09 pm »
You better mean you and JR by "we."