June 25, 2017, 10:17:52 pm

Author Topic: Jesus Toast Mafia VIII: Witchhunt (Game Over)  (Read 75605 times)

Koalas

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +2
Re: Jesus Toast Mafia VIII: Witchhunt (Game Over)
« Reply #1800 on: November 25, 2015, 02:43:49 pm »
I like the format, disliked the inactivity. I would be willing to play this format again give slight adjustments and more user activity.

What kind of adjustments are you thinking? The set up has had extensive play testing.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1471
« Reply #1801 on: November 25, 2015, 10:07:12 pm »
I think 48 hours is way too long for day phases, especially with so little info trickling out

I also think 24 hours seems excessive for night phases; but with the whole voting thing at least I understand that somewhat
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Koalas

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #1802 on: November 26, 2015, 08:39:25 am »
Wut? How do under 48 hour days not just dissolve into who can shout the loudest?
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #1803 on: November 26, 2015, 09:31:58 am »
Because the alternative is who can be most interested in watching paint dry

Koalas

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #1804 on: November 26, 2015, 11:25:48 am »
The cons of a long day can be avoided with player activity (ironic I know) and a day ending vote mechanic.

The cons of such a short day are just inherent.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #1805 on: November 26, 2015, 11:50:52 am »
I dont consider 36 hours short, but its also been our standard for like 3 years.

I dont like ending days early, because I like having consistent deadlines. I know when a deadline is going to be with a 36/12 schedule, and it doesn't change because somebody voted early. This helps keep people standardized, and not miss votes.

How is 36 hours vs 12 hours that big of a difference?

This game took a month. It should have been 2 weeks.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +93
« Reply #1806 on: November 26, 2015, 01:44:12 pm »
Shorter time for a smaller playerbase works for me. In a larger game the extra time works. Specially with no posting at night phases. There's no new information.

The Angel/Demon mechanic seemed good but civ flavored.
 They get to protect two people for free every night, which is somewhat counteracted by the fake kill, but not really unless everyone playing is perfect strangers.

I almost feel like the fake kill should be a demon perk since they know the roles and who is doing what.

Koalas

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #1807 on: November 26, 2015, 02:33:34 pm »
The double protect is a one shot Simple.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #1808 on: November 26, 2015, 04:07:02 pm »
Oh! I must have misread the chat at some point then.

I can't think of anything else except the time then :gaycat:

Koalas

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #1809 on: November 26, 2015, 04:13:03 pm »
I understand where you guys are coming from with the time stuff, especially with the inactivity this game. You have to remember that there's no flips though. People need time to think through possible scenarios and role interactions, to make arguments and then the other players need time to digest those arguments, think them through and agree/argue with them. Having 6, max 12 hours to do so in a 36 hour Day just wouldn't be feasible for me.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
« Reply #1810 on: November 26, 2015, 09:21:53 pm »
Oh yay.

Sorry for the absence, it's been a rough month. I think I'm gonna take a breather from playing Mafia or Arena for now.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #1811 on: November 26, 2015, 09:29:23 pm »
Oh yay.

Sorry for the absence, it's been a rough month. I think I'm gonna take a breather from playing Mafia or Arena for now.

Take a rest senpai!

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #1812 on: November 27, 2015, 09:31:47 am »
Yeah I kind of checked out, sorry angels.

Great job town! I knew that Sig would get figured out eventually. It was my mistake for putting such blind trust into him soft claiming early. I legitimately did think that scum!Sig wouldn't drop a single hint as to his role. He shouldn't have dropped his correct peek though, because that gave us another town to work with.

Sig's scum game has definitely improved for him to have survived that far.

But still, considering that was the only error in my list I'd like to think I did a halfway decent job as Priest considering it was my first time actually playing out a cop role in a full game.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:33:31 am by Cobalt »

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +597
« Reply #1813 on: November 27, 2015, 02:24:08 pm »
>only error

I was civ. >:c
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1387
« Reply #1814 on: November 28, 2015, 01:21:39 am »
Also, scott howard can still eat a bag of dicks.
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.