December 12, 2017, 09:31:04 pm

Author Topic: Mafia Terminology Dictionary  (Read 12685 times)

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
Mafia Terminology Dictionary
« on: November 18, 2014, 03:34:45 pm »
This thread is because I just wasted 5 minutes of my life explaining to my wife what "Jesus Toast" is.

It would've been helpful to just say... "look"... or "read this".  I could've also dressed myself up as toast and bleach my skin but  no.

So if it hasn't been done, lets do it. Create the dictionary for mafia terms as used by SRK/JTM and or the other sub SRK sites out there. 

AtE: Appeal to Emotion.  Whenever someone tries to plead with people emotionally or through threats when they are faced with their own demise through a lynch.
Bandwagon: A large number of votes on a single person.
Bus: When mafia jump on the bandwagon to lynch a fellow mafia.
Capcom: Mafia, primarily used by Vynce because he refuses to move onto another game.
CFD: Chinese Fire Drill.  When people suddenly change their votes off of the leading bandwagon onto someone else in order to prevent the leading bandwagon from being lynched.
Clear: Someone who is surely civilian.
dUC: Dumb Undercover.  Gets the reverse results of a real cop, where mafia investigate innocent and civilians investigate guilty.
FoS: Finger of Suspicion.  You believe someone to be mafia and are accusing them as such.
Hail Satan: A play famously created by Alpha, where you claim to be mafia as civilian in order to get the traitor to contact you, revealing their identity to you.
Howl: Derived from the werewolf format of mafia, where mafia are making it obvious in the thread that they are mafia.
Jesus Toast: Breathing something into nothing due to preconceived notions or faux pas; seeing clues that simply aren't there.
KBD: Korean Back Dashing. Calling someone out for removing themselves from any involvement in a mistake.
Lock Clear: Someone who is civilian beyond a shadow of a doubt.
LYLO: Lynch or Lose.  Occurs when civilians have exactly 1 more person than mafia.  If you do anything but lynch mafia during day phase, you will lose, meaning you can't No Lynch.
Marvel: Civilian, primarily used by Vynce because he refuses to move onto another game.
MYLO: Mislynch and Lose.  Occurs when civilians have exactly 2 more people than mafia.  If you lynch a civilian, mafia will win during night phase.
POE: Process of Elimination.  Where the UC has enough living civilian checks or the game has enough cleared civilians to survive enough mislynches to lynch all the mafia.
Policy: The way in which players should utilize roles and lynches given a certain situation and the game mechanics available.
SAC: Mafia, primarily used by Vynce because he refuses to move onto another game.
Salty: Being angry or aggravated at something, particularly if it was avoidable or directly your own fault.
Spew: Mafia unknowingly giving up their fellow mafia via their interactions within the game.
Turretis: The RNG Anti-Turretius of JTM.  Pimp Willy is his prophet.
Turretius: The RNG God of JTM.  Blindknagg is his prophet.
UC:  Undercover, Cop, Detective.  A role that checks people at night to see if they're mafia or not.
WIFOM: Wine in Front of Me.  Overreaching what can be seen in the immediate present regarding the situation.
Yomi: Mind games used by either side to try to manipulate others' actions to do what they want them to.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:23:40 am by Administrator »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty x 2    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1517
Re: Mafia Terminology Dictionary
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 03:46:48 pm »
Defining Jesus Toast can kinda go multiple ways

Jesus Toast: Looking at a situation and seeing something that probably isn't there, but your mind forces it to fit your pre-judgement of what you've decided it is.

Jesus Toast: Making something out of nothing

Jesus Toast: A crazy suspicion about what is actually going on, which may or may not be true

I guess the real question is, is Jesus Toast always a negative connotation or not?

Theres also the often used

"I've got some Jesus Toast for you" which means "I've got a crazy explanation for why this is, based on a conspiracy theory"
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF x 1    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1407
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »
I'll help out:

LYLO: Lynch or lose.  Meaning if you no-lynch, you will lose at night to the night kill, mislynch and it's already over.
MYLO: Mislynch and lose.  A situation where if you mislynch during that day phase, you will lose at night to the night kill.

More to come.  Those are useful to know though.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 04:36:40 pm »
I've never seen either of those terms used every as acronyms in any game I've played
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 05:10:27 pm »
It's mainly Epic Mafia stuff.

Also blue = roleless civilian.

FOS = fingers of suspicion (who you think is suspicious) ex: "FOS Pimp Willy" means I think Willy is acting weird,

UC = undercover = cop = detective
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 05:21:09 pm »
I've never seen either of those terms used every as acronyms in any game I've played

That's because we so rarely get to MYLO or LYLO (With me still in the game).

POE = Process of Elimination
AtE = Appeal to Emotion
Bandwagon = A sudden jump in the number of votes on someone to get them lynched.
UC = Detective/Cop/Undercover
dUC = Dumbass Undercover (refers to a detective that receives the opposite results, meaning mafia will turn up innocent and civilians guilty)
The Faggot = Nickname for The Martian, someone on SRK who signed up to two games and never participated in either, wound up getting modkilled and ultimately, was given this nickname due to his contributions to mafia.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 06:05:29 pm »
No, that's because those terms are used mostly on other sites. Lynch or Lose, and Mislynch or Lose, have been used before.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 06:07:54 pm »
Blue makes zero sense in context here.  The reason blue is civ in EM is because roleless is a blue shirted civilian.

So that's pointless to have here.  If EM players show up calling people blue, then maybe we change that.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 06:25:22 pm »
I always just thought it was easier than saying roleless civilian.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 06:56:47 pm »
But not as easy as just writing civ.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1942
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 09:10:49 pm »
Chinese Fire Drill (CFD) - Getting everyone to change their votes and bandwagon at the last minute.
Nigga - A fine gentleman.
RadicalFuzz - A faget.
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 6 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 09:14:02 pm »
Chinese Fire Drill (CFD) - Missing Person's brain.
Nigga - A fine gentleman.
RadicalFuzz - A faget.

FTFY

WTF-AKUMA-HAX

• Butter Knife+25
  • Moldy Toast
  • Dollar Bills-Game
  • Rated: +42
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 06:11:18 pm »
Mindgames - coming from SRK we'll have our own direct idea of what that entails

But if there's any epicmafic terms for that, maybe we can get even more direct or see what they got going for specifics.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 07:46:10 pm »
They always talk about Yomi and mindgames as WIFOM

저는 론 버건디입니까?

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 06:58:54 pm »
Last Gasp: Last Will, basically your final statement after you die as a civilian where you can say anything you want to the remaining players.  Not available in all games.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 07:19:39 pm »
Salty - Being angry or aggravated at something, particularly if it was avoidable or directly your own fault. Isn't tied to a specific level of anger, can be used at either moderate annoyance or extreme frustration. Used in a sentence: Alpha was salty when Fuzz's terrible logic got him lynched, and he turned out to be Mafia regardless.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty x 1    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 07:30:12 pm »
Anyone care to explain the difference between an arena game and a mafia game?
Not sure what goes here.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 07:42:26 pm »
Anyone care to explain the difference between an arena game and a mafia game?

Sure, Mafia games are like the one I showed that video of on SRK.  Mafia informed minority, Civilian uninformed majority, civilians have to find all the mafia before their numbers equal civilians.

Arena games are a free-for-all battle.  Basically, it's like PvP D&D, but you start off unequipped, with only a special ability and a few common actions you can use each day.  The last person left standing is the winner.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:42:45 pm by Missing Person »
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1942
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +735
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 04:50:09 am »
I can't believe that first Arena game was nearly a year ago. How time flies.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree x 2    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2014, 06:33:20 am »
Alpha and I were talking and the second Marvel game, when we started running games a lot more frequently, was over two years ago. That's just plain weird.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 07:18:04 am »
Actually closer to a year and a half right now.  I think that started in April 2013?  But still, time flies.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 10:34:58 am »
The game that got mafia kicked off again was the Zombies game I think, after a year hiatus. I ran that one with my son fresh out of the hospital being born; he's about to turn 2. So its been a 2 year solid run!
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 05:36:07 pm »
The game that got mafia kicked off again was the Zombies game I think, after a year hiatus. I ran that one with my son fresh out of the hospital being born; he's about to turn 2. So its been a 2 year solid run!

For sure.

That game brought in some new blood, and got a few new guys psyched for when Beta ran his next game.  After that, everything just snowballed.

We've come a long way, baby.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 10:24:53 pm »
Chief, are you ok if I use the Admin account later to edit your OP with terms in ABC order?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 11:56:17 am »
Fine with me.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 09:20:58 pm »
WTF I had edited some, and they're gone?

SMH

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2015, 11:27:22 pm »
I was watching true detective today, and heard a quote that applies to Jesus Toast (and mafia in general)

"You-- you got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 06:19:51 am »
KBD - Korean Back Dashing -  Calling someone out for removing themselves from any involvement in a mistake.

I'm not sure how to capture the essence of this one.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 06:47:25 am »
KBD - Korean Back Dashing -  Calling someone out for removing themselves from any involvement in a mistake.

I'm not sure how to capture the essence of this one.

Reminds me of Augustus's first game.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2015, 07:20:41 am »
Just added a ton to the OP.  Let me know if you see any I missed that need to be in here.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2015, 06:40:24 pm »
We need to have a Turretis VS Turretius game dodgeball-style. Pimp & BK are the 2 captains and they each pick apostles until they each have half enough to fill a small game, maybe 5 or 6. Then all those players are mashed together into a glorious game of Mafia.

Or Arena. In all honesty Arena would probably be easier.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2015, 07:35:41 pm »
AND WHAT OF WIGGLE CAT?
かえるおねがい!

c:

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +795
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2015, 07:41:41 pm »
Wiggle cart is superior.

I incestigate Wolfy.

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2015, 07:57:46 pm »
Wiggle Cat is a 3rd party role, Serial Killer.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2015, 08:00:49 pm »
Wat.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »
*Waht

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2015, 05:08:11 pm »
Toe may toe, toe mah toe.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 04:46:17 pm »
How would everyone else define the word: Doctor
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 06:55:28 pm »
How would everyone else define the word: Doctor
Is/is not DrWilgy

Я Рон Бургундии?