October 18, 2017, 07:56:10 am

Author Topic: Jesus Toast Mafia VIII: Witchhunt  (Read 13481 times)

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +71
Re: Jesus Toast Mafia VIII: Witchhunt
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2015, 12:20:52 pm »
Sadness.

Also, signups will be closed and the game will be rolled about 3.5 hours from now.

edit: also adding Bomber for 18 players.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:23:12 pm by vonvorto »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"If you defy me, only horror awaits you; unimaginable and infinitely painful. Hear me — that is no mere promise, but a curse."

fontisian's #1 fan

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2015, 08:18:55 am »
I missed signups.  :( Can I be an alternate or something?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1400
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2015, 08:50:19 am »
Extend signups a bit von, since the server shit itself.

In fact, hold off, we may actually be porting pretty soon.
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2015, 08:55:47 am »
http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,463.msg38622.html#msg38622

Heres a post I just made. In short, our host has been super unreliable, and with our contract up in 15 days (and with them going down for 12+ hours without any notice, explanation, or answering support) we need to change hosts as I will not be paying for another 6+ months for this treatment.

Hopefully we can get it sorted out and be up and running fast, but in the meantime I wouldn't think hosting a game here is good because we could go down mid game, and screw up votebot, etc. I will update in the other thread as more info comes in.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2015, 08:57:52 am »
Alright, I'll put the game on hold until things get sorted out.

I spent all yesterday making the QTs so at least that's out of the way.

jason: you can still be added. <3
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
"If you defy me, only horror awaits you; unimaginable and infinitely painful. Hear me — that is no mere promise, but a curse."

fontisian's #1 fan

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2015, 09:17:14 am »
Ok then, put me in!  Skizzzgasm

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1400
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2015, 09:19:57 am »
Thanks for being cool about this.

While Vote Bot's still up though

Vote Registered For vonvorto
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2015, 09:27:00 am »
Vote Registered For Missing Person
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree x 1    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | -1 Post Total)

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2015, 09:45:34 am »
Vote Registered For mafia

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:30 am »
I'm the Priest, and I have a guilty check on all five Witches.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

fontisian's #1 fan

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2015, 10:46:54 am »
I'm the Priest, and I have a guilty check on all five Witches.
Lol gg #getrekt

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2015, 10:52:31 am »
Added Bomber and Emissary to bring the rolecount up to 19.

Emissary - For the first three Days and Nights, you enjoy unlimited protection from all lynches and Night kills.

Bomber - At the start of the game, select someone to receive the Bomb. Once per game at Night, you may signal to detonate the Bomb, removing it from play and killing the person in possession of it. If you die before the Bomb goes off, it will remain in play but will never activate.

The Bomb - At the end of each Day, the person holding the Bomb will decide whom to pass it to. They may make this decision even if they are killed before they have a chance to pass it. It is considered a Night kill, and can be blocked by any form of protection.

fontisian's #1 fan

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2015, 02:23:26 pm »
And for the record, if anyone else wants to sign up, there are only three spots left.

fontisian's #1 fan

SlipperyAxII

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +5
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2015, 03:31:44 pm »
And for the record, if anyone else wants to sign up, there are only three spots left.

I would but I've learned my lesson about trying to do multiple forum games at the same time.  Sowwy.
Verum superexultat autem mendacium

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2015, 05:21:11 pm »
Actually, I'll go ahead and lock signups.

Anyone else is welcome to join as a replacement, because those are kind of important too.

Also the last three roles (Spiritualist, Watchman, Peeping Tom) are all Information and yeah, fuck that.

fontisian's #1 fan

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +93
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2015, 05:23:25 pm »
Actually, I'll go ahead and lock signups.

Anyone else is welcome to join as a replacement, because those are kind of important too.

Also the last three roles (Spiritualist, Watchman, Peeping Tom) are all Information and yeah, fuck that.

What were those roles abilities?

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2015, 05:34:27 pm »
Spiritualist - Once per game, reveal your card and name a dead player. You will privately learn their cards.

Watchman - At the end of Night 1, you learn the identity of a random village peasant who didn't wake up during the Night.

Peeping Tom - Once per game, you may observe the private actions of a non-Holy character. If they're dead, you may take their action in their place.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:35:39 pm by vonvorto »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

fontisian's #1 fan

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2015, 05:56:16 pm »
Spiritualist - Once per game, reveal your card and name a dead player. You will privately learn their cards.

Watchman - At the end of Night 1, you learn the identity of a random village peasant who didn't wake up during the Night.

Peeping Tom - Once per game, you may observe the private actions of a non-Holy character. If they're dead, you may take their action in their place.

Jetsam, good job!

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2015, 07:58:16 pm »
Shotgun Emissary. Whoever gets the Bomber role, give me the bomb Day 1 so I can give it to Bious Night 1.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2015, 08:24:56 pm »
Oh yessssssss. Before roles go out fair warning:

I will be playing a little crazy.

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2015, 08:54:37 pm »
Wow, somehow forgot to clarify that we're playing with Advanced Rules.

Last Stand - the last living Witch may kill two different targets per Night.

Double Protect - already explained in OP

Illusion Kill - Witches have access to a one-time fake kill. The target always survives, and it is announced like any other kill.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:40:29 am by vonvorto »

fontisian's #1 fan

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2015, 06:05:22 am »
Wait, if they're not really dead wouldn't we be able to tell? Cause they'd be talking?
かえるおねがい!

c:

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2015, 07:40:09 am »
Aaand the other mods have decided that the last Witch may use Last Stand regardless of how many lives they have.

Forge: are you talking about Illusion Kill? It just looks like someone attempted to kill someone else, to simulate Angel protection or a role with a protective ability, to confuse town.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:41:27 am by vonvorto »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

fontisian's #1 fan

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2015, 08:21:45 am »
The thing that is going to make this game crazy is that there are no flips.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 2    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2015, 10:00:17 am »
You misspelled 'exciting'.

fontisian's #1 fan

Citrus

• Rye Toast
  • Mildly Burnt Toast with Honey
  • Rated: +22
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2015, 12:42:02 pm »
You should totally tell us what everyone was before the last few added if you had already rolled it!

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2015, 01:01:18 pm »
I just rerolled everything and didn't pay attention to who was what originally. Whoops.

fontisian's #1 fan

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2015, 03:39:18 pm »
*Pregame engaged*

I would have loved to have rolled Witch the first time around. I still want to be a witch.

Let's go Witches!

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2015, 04:19:12 pm »
Hm.

I can't put my finger on why, but I feel like that's something a Witch would say.

fontisian's #1 fan

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +14
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2015, 06:00:23 pm »
Can i be pregame priest witch a coven check on simple machine?

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2015, 07:34:42 pm »
*Shakes magic 8 ball*

http://www.howtobeadad.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/8-ball-header-575x250.jpg

Try again later Baramur! In the meantime let's go Witches!

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2015, 07:57:21 am »
WTF.

No one notified me to play?

Yo, @vonvorto Extend this to 20 people and put me in
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2015, 09:42:24 am »
muh bluh

Adding Watchman, then.

fontisian's #1 fan

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2015, 09:44:58 am »
Whoops, accidentally quoted the OP.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:47:23 am by vonvorto »

fontisian's #1 fan

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2015, 12:13:55 pm »
WTF.

No one notified me to play?

Yo, @vonvorto Extend this to 20 people and put me in

Doesn't everyone on the site just use 'Show unread posts since last visit'? I even check threads I don't give a shit about, like fantasy football, Hearthstone and the fitness thread.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 2    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +705
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2015, 01:05:21 pm »
I'm sorry, but have Kaz take my place and put me as a sub.

Been way busy lately.

Zeus

• Rye Toast
  • Warning: I see you...
  • Rated: +2
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2015, 01:37:30 pm »
I'm sorry, but have Kaz take my place and put me as a sub.

Been way busy lately.

You should check #11. That's your name right there.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2015, 01:45:30 pm »
You should check #11. That's your name right there.

Is it really?

Zeus

• Rye Toast
  • Warning: I see you...
  • Rated: +2
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2015, 05:58:12 pm »
Is it really?
Well, Kaz will have 2 roles now. #11 & #20.. Pretty amazing!

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2015, 06:10:45 pm »

I know who to kill night 1 now~

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2015, 06:11:15 pm »

It will only be as half as broken as the last time I was #11.

vonvorto

• Witch Hunter
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2015, 06:16:25 pm »
Oh, hush, I'm editing it now.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

fontisian's #1 fan

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2015, 06:35:03 pm »
Make it so that #11 doesn't exist. Just leave kaz at #20.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2015, 08:32:24 pm »
It will only be as half as broken as the last time I was #11.

God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2015, 05:54:54 pm »
@Missing Person @Pimp Willy

Any idea when whatever problems we have will be patched up so we can get this rolling?

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2015, 08:13:35 pm »
I'm with Cobalt, an ETA would be nice! I thought we'd be balls deep into the game by now!

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2015, 08:58:09 pm »
I was hoping to have the site transitioned this week. Hard deadline is the 21st. The forum works fine, but votebot doesn't, so I'm working to sort that out
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2015, 06:13:10 am »
I'm with Cobalt, an ETA would be nice! I thought we'd be balls deep into the game by now!

Strong post to AV content

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2015, 07:55:53 am »
If this game is starting on the 21st I can play then. Put me back in @vonvorto.

As #11.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2015, 06:13:32 pm »
I was hoping to have the site transitioned this week. Hard deadline is the 21st. The forum works fine, but votebot doesn't, so I'm working to sort that out

@Pimp Willy

@vonvorto was originally planning on not using vote bot and that's normally not an issue with his witch hunt games so if that's the issue I'm sure we could run it without votebot?