December 11, 2017, 12:35:03 pm

Author Topic: Mafia All Stars: GAME OVER! Civs Win  (Read 91176 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1517
Mafia All Stars: GAME OVER! Civs Win
« on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:34 am »
COMMON SENSE RULES THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO POINT OUT, BUT NOW HAVE TO:

1) Do not PM anyone playing the game. If you are mafia, keep your talk in the mafia conversation. If you're one of the lovers, keep your chat inside the Lovers conversation. You should not be PMing anyone. If you have any questions regarding gameplay, PM me. If someone PMs you that shouldn't be, do not mention it in the thread, just PM me with the the contents of it. PM'ing once will result in a DQ. Habitually doing so will result in a ban. (Things not game related will not result in any penalty, but to keep the integrity of the game, if someone playing PMs you, please report it to me.)

2) No coaching after you're dead. This includes outside of SRK. I don't care what format you're thinking of using, be it Battle.net, AIM, MSN, Skype, Smoke Signals, Texts, Morse Code. Don't do it. Also, because this has happened recently, I will not verify any of your hunches after you die. Keep it to yourself, take it to the Loser's Lounge, if someone shares information they know, don't bring it to anyone else's attention that's still in the game. If someone does this, PM me with the proof, and that person will face a ban.

3) No discussing or plotting to break or bend the rules in your private conversations, lovers and mafia. I'll be in those conversations anyway, so that should go without saying. But just in case you think you can do it while I'm sleeping, think again. If you start discussing something that I don't immediately catch, and that action is taken, once I find out, the perpetrator of the act and the instigator will both receive bans and DQs.

4) Do not try to get removed from the game after it already starts, or try to break the rules to get DQ'd. If something super unexpected happens, I'll try to be reasonable, but overall, if you know you're going to be busy, and unable to play at all, don't sign up. If you suddenly see a full schedule hit your plate just before we start, ask me to take your name off the list, and I'll put in an alternate. After we start, I'm not going to take your name off unless you have a really good reason, and I can find an alternate to take your place. Otherwise, don't deliberately break a rule just to get a DQ. You will not just get a DQ, but banned.

5) Do not post any PMs, even as a joke. If you are going to make an image joke regarding PMs, at least make it obvious that it's a joke (e.g. make it using MSPaint.)

6) English only in game. No foreign languages or encrypted posts are allowed. This prevents the open flow of information. I will make certain exceptions for certain foreign words that have entered the English vernacular, such as "Hasta la vista," or "Por que?" but an entire post in a foreign language will not be permitted.

7) No making wagers in game. This wagering SRK accounts or self-bans is not going to fly anymore, period. Don't do it, I will DQ you if you do.

13 players
NO LAST GASPS
Vote via PM to Pimp Willy
36 hour day/12 hour night cycle

Konoha (Civ) roles:

Detective - Naruto (Friend No Jutsu - Each night, may target one player. If that player, or Naruto, was not targeted by Sakura, he will learn if they are a friend (civ) or enemy (akatsuki), otherwise will receive an inconclusive.

Medic - Sakura (Mystical Palm - Each Night, may target one other player. If that player is killed, they are instead protected and survive.)

Vigilante - Sasuke (Chidori - Starts with 1 stock. Sasuke may spend 1 stock during the night to kill any target he wishes. Sasuke gains a stock whenever Naruto or Sakura dies. *MISSING FROM CARD* After he kills, Sasuke will show up as an enemy (akatsuki) to Narutos investigation)

Roleless civ - Villager, Responsible for voting out Akatsuki members during the day phase

7-8 roleless civs, depending on mafia power choice

Akatsuki (Mafia) roles:

Madara - Leader of Akatsuki. Responsible for submitting night actions and selecting the pre-game bonus power choice.

Zetsu - Standard Mafia

Choice of additional power role for the mafia, Black Zetsu/White Zetsu replace regular Zetsu if chosen

Tobi - Mafia Recruit, personally selected to help Akatsuki win the game

Black Zetsu - While Alive, Black Zetsu gets Naruto's target each night

White Zetsu - While Alive, White Zetsu gets Sakura's target each night

---------------

Player List

✰Alpha✰
Augustus
Bious - Day 2 Lynch, Kakashi (Konoha Civilian)
Blindknagg
The Chief
The-Co-Jones - Day 1 Lynch, Zetsu (Mafia)
ForgeDigger
Hecatom
kaz - Night 2 Mafia Kill, Gai Might (Konoha Civilian)
Missing Person
RadicalFuzz - Night 2 Sasuke kill, Madara (Mafia)
Vynce
XthAtGAm3RGuYX

----
Day 1: Pesticides http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,45.msg1635.html#msg1635
Night 1: Alpha's Demise http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,45.msg1726.html#msg1726
Day 2: Sacrifice http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,45.msg2178.html#msg2178
Night 2: Springtime of Youth http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,45.msg2259.html#msg2259
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:25:07 pm by Pimp Willy »
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Re: Mafia All Stars: Naruto! DATTEBAYO! GAME START!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:47:30 am »

The assault had been on for nearly 48 hours now, and showed no signs of letting up. A ninja slumped against a post, standing atop the large walls surrounding the village, looking exhausted.

"How much more can we take?" he sighed, looking like he was past the point of exhaustion. The kunai in his hand nearly slipped from his grip.

"We are in the springtime of youth!" screamed Gai Sensei, in his tight green spandex suit. "We have to keep fighting!" He gave his characteristic thumbs up, with a sparkle in his smile. The ninja just looked back at him hopless.

Outside the walls, a White Zetsu noticed the weak point. "Here. East side. Now." Within moments, a dozen invaders were at that point of the wall, converging on the weakened ninja. Before he could react, Tobi had teleported directly beside the man, and stabbed him through the heart.

"Hello, Konoha" said Tobi, looking over the village from the walls. Gai sensei gave him a roundhouse kick, faster than Tobi had ever seen one delivered, but it passed right through him. Tobi looked on amused.

"Nice seeing you, Gai" teased Tobi, and then he teleported out of sight. Almost immediately, a loud boom erupted from the base of the wall, an with an explosion the entire side came crashing down. Gai managed to just barely escape the falling rubble, but the other ninja didn't seem so lucky.

As Gai looked up, he saw a huge attack squad coming for the weakened defenses. He closed his eyes, and reached from within, ready to open his chakra gates and give his life to defend his town.

"No need for that, Gai, we're here" said Kakashi, pulling up the headband he had slung over his eye, revealing a red Sharingan. It began to spin as it surveyed the battlefield. "8 attackers. Team 7, now!"

In a flash, Sakura had appeared, punching the ground and sending a chunk of torn earth towards her opponents, making them lose their footing. Naruto, using his Shadow Clone Technique, had cloned himself about 12 times and sent each one towards the opponents caught off guard. One by one they had began to pop as they got hit, but the real Naruto managed to land a blow that knocked out an attacker. Sasuke, charging his chidori, had managed to pierce two ninjas with one blow, his hand plunged through their heart, leaving only a hole where it used to be.

Within a short time, the attackers had been cleaned up. Even with a large hole in the wall, there were no more forces poring in.

"Somethings not right" said the Third Hokage, Sarutobi, the man tasked to watch over the village. "Why would the enemy flee after such an onslaught at the first scuffle? Why not press the advantage"

Neji, who had similar thoughts, activated his byakugan on his eyes, giving him 360 degree vision for miles, and the ability to sense even the very chakra of those around him.

"Somethings not right," said Neji. "Theres more people in the village now than there were before the attack. Somehow they are able to get around my Byakugan, or I'd find them right away... but theres no doubt, we've been invaded by Akatsuki."

The third hokage pondered. "Very well. Then we have only one choice: to find, and remove, the threat facing our village. Team 7?"

Kakshi, the leader of team 7, responded. "Yes, Hokage?" His students, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke, lined up behind them.

"I have a mission for you. Find an eliminate the threat to our village, while the rest of us repair this wall, and protect from further attack.

Kakashi nodded. "Yes, we can handle this."

Naruto gave a bright smile, "You can count on me old man, if I am going to be Hokage someday, I'm going to have to be able to protect my home! Dattebayo!"

Sakuras face went black. "Naruto, will you shut up about being Hokage?!?"

Sasuke scoffed. "As if somebody as immature as you will ever be leader."

Naruto raged. "What, somebody like you has a better shot! Well I'll prove I'm the best for Hokage! I bet I can find the intruders before you can!"

Sasuke smirked. "A challenge. Perfect. But my methods might not be as forgiving as yours, Naruto." He clenched his fist, and raced off into the village, activating his sharingan. Naruto made 12 shadow clones with his Kage Bushin no jutsu, and raced off in every direction at the same time. Sakura could only shake her head.

"Its not a game, you idiots!" and she also raced off to find the intruders.

"They have a long way to come, Kakashi" said Sarutobi. "Are you sure they can handle this mission?"

Kakashi nodded. "Absolutely. We shall not fail."

And with that, the hunt was on.

Code: [Select]
IT IS NOW DAY PHASE
Day 1 begins

Day phase will end in 36 hours, at 9:00 PM PST on Tuesday ,November 18th

Day Phase Countdown:
Day Phase Has Ended
  • Like x 5    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1407
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:56:39 am »

SRK MAFIA ALL STARS 2 RET'S GO!

While I obligated myself to vote ☆Alpha☆ pregame for voting The Faggot in the nomination period, I may be willing to opt for a different target because this shit set my toaster on high.

Holy shit I'm going to be asleep when this shit starts.

I may wake up just to check in though.  YOLO who needs sleep and shit.

You said yolo... You must be claiming vigi lel.

This nigga right here. Role-hunting early much? I hadn't even gotten a role PM yet when I posted that post he responded to.

Alpha may be dirty, but I already think CoCo is.

The-Co-Jones :die:

저는 론 버건디입니까?

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:57:20 am »
And horseshit tapatalk didnt post that as a gif. You assholes ruined it for me!

저는 론 버건디입니까?

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty x 1    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 08:59:07 am »

Because I'm getting my grand entrance dammit.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:03:57 am »

Checking in.

Also, while I do have an obligation to Alpha, I will consider changing my day1 lynch off of Fuzz if somebody has a really good read. I am a man of my word and uphold my end of deals, but seeing as how this is an Allstar game where we all need to be in tip top shape, I'd rather give Alpha my day1 vote in a future game as opposed to potentially missing a mafia lynch in this one.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 09:06:42 am »
Also I haven't PMd my vote in yet, I'll wait to see CoCo's response and the texture of the game before I do so.

But that pregame was a red flag for me that I don't like ignoring.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 09:07:03 am »
Checking in

So shall we have usual discussion on how likely it is that they did not chose the extra mafia recruit?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 09:09:32 am »
I would've recuited all three easily. The UC results could screw up mafia severely and the medic saves are a shitty metric to look at IMO.

I'm sure Chief knows how knowing UC investigations can shit on mafia.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 09:11:27 am »
Imma try to sleep now.

Be back with more shit later.

Fuck starting at 1am.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:55 am »
This will be my game to shine~
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 09:17:52 am »
Also, if anybody has a character they'd like to die as, make sure to PM it to me too and if possible I will let you die as your favorite Naruto Character
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 09:19:29 am »
Also, if anybody has a character they'd like to die as, make sure to PM it to me too and if possible I will let you die as your favorite Naruto Character

inb4 everybody wants to die as Hinata
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 5    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 6 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +564
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 09:31:09 am »
Can we pick a DBZ character if they were in the crossover thing I just googled?

Anyway, let's hope for a less embarrassing All Star game, but the same end result as the first.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:38 am »
I would've recuited all three easily. The UC results could screw up mafia severely and the medic saves are a shitty metric to look at IMO.

I'm sure Chief knows how knowing UC investigations can shit on mafia.

I agree but does it improve or make the zetsu roles even worse now that we're fewer players than in a regular game?

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 09:41:08 am »
I don't understand the options the mafia had, exactly.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 09:47:56 am »
The way I understand it they could either pick an extra recruit or turn one of their regular recruit into either a black or white zetsu?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 09:50:50 am »
In a game this small I probably wouldve opted for the extra guy as well. Doing the math on it, with 3 mafia players they would only need 4 civ mislynches to win the game, provided one of them doesnt get vigi sniped. I cant really see any use for the Medic intel. They could use it hoping on the off chance that the medic is a "I only protect myself on night phase!" kinda medic, but that would be redundant since they couldnt night kill the medic anyway. They could try to push a mislynch on to the medic with that knowledge but I think that would be hard to do. I dont really see a use for the investigation intel either. In a game like the Ace Attorney one it wouldve been invaluable to know both targets to really cause confusion when it came down to it. But in a game like this where it's relatively small, I cant see major gains from knowing the targets. Only thing I could see is that if you were investigated as a mafia, you could take the investigation list, copy all of it, but change the last target to whoever you think is the UC to throw suspicion on them. You would be guaranteed a next day lynch of course because they flipped UC, but it could be handy in a last ditch effort on a lynch or lose day.

So my list of probable chosen mafia skills goes like this in order of most likely to least likely.
1. Extra guy
2. Investigation list
3. Protect list
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 10:31:40 am »
The way I understand it they could either pick an extra recruit or turn one of their regular recruit into either a black or white zetsu?
This is correct

Mafia started with 2 random people, Madara and Zetsu. Neither have any special powers, but Madara gets to choose one of the 3 bonus mafia powers

Black Zetsu and White Zetsu gives the Zetsu player a special power, either knowing Sakura's or Naruto's target at night
Tobi gives the mafia a third player, of their choice, to be added to their team
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 10:46:11 am »
Is it bad that I don't know anything about Naruto?

Anyways, I'm going to play devils advocate here. I think mafia might have foregone adding an extra member. Ballsy yes, but why not in a game like this?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 11:33:52 am »
Oh boy. It's as if it's '06 again.

While I don't think it's impossible that they picked the Black or White Zetsu, I think it's highly improbable, mainly for the reasons TGG stated. Unless, @kaz, you think that the mafia picked one of the less efficient things just to instill paranoia? It might be possible, but wouldn't it depend on who the mafia are?

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk. But I could see maybe a small few (namely you or Vynce or Pimp (if he were playing)) taking it.
かえるおねがい!

c:

The-Co-Jones

• Not a mindless drone...
  • Moldy Toast
  • Hyper Sodium Toast
  • Rated: +5
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 12:17:02 pm »

While I obligated myself to vote ☆Alpha☆ pregame for voting The Faggot in the nomination period, I may be willing to opt for a different target because this shit set my toaster on high.

This nigga right here. Role-hunting early much? I hadn't even gotten a role PM yet when I posted that post he responded to.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

So you didn't get a pm role YET. Are you implying that you have a role?

As for answering your question, it was a pregame warmup, you bit hard on that :tdown:

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF x 1    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)
When I see a quote worth taking, it'll end up here.

Where's the obligatory yaoi bious & fuzz writeup?

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +707
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 01:12:24 pm »
Check in.
Will be available tomorrow, but rushing work right now.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1942
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 01:30:25 pm »
RadicalFuzz is acting differently this game.

Lynch: RadicalFuzz
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 02:01:24 pm »
*Picture has 5th Hokage face in mountain*
*3rd giving orders to Kakashi*
HNNGGGG

Also the fact that Zetsu is the "Standard Mafia" is pretty amusing. Man getting eaten by a venus flytrap contraption that is kinda a part of him = Standard Mafia

-MP says that Alpha may be dirty (when he says Coco is looking dirtier) and doesn't explain. Possibly meant "Alpha should get my vote" because of his silly, inaccurate criteria of nominating The Martian for this game, but by that logic I should be even higher, I bought Alpha's votes
-TGG saying that he may end up not voting for me Day 1, but only after the game is started. If he gets a free out because this is All-Stars then I'm sure I can find reasons for a few years to not vote for myself either
-@Pimp Willy can we change our votes once we PM them or is it locked in at that moment? Also are the writeups going to contain clues like in Kaz's musicians game?
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 02:07:01 pm »
Votes are locked when sent. Writeups will not contain clues.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 02:14:00 pm »
[Toasty Moment:] Both White Zetsu and Tobi are mentioned in the write-up. This could be PW fucking with us and this could mean Mafia chose Black Zetsu.

[/toast]

Option Analysis:
Tobi: Safest option with almost no risk involved. Gives Mafia a statistical advantage. The standard choice.
Black Zetsu: Due to lack of LG's, the smartest option. Knowing which player the UC investigated, they can analyse player interactions the next day to see if someone tries to push against or away from the investigated target. Makes the UC's job sufficiently more difficult as Mafia are more likely to notice 'When I Die' messages than Civs. The logical choice.
White Zetsu: Little reason to choose this option. Only advantage to this option is not attacking someone protected the previous night, wasting a kill and confirming a Civ. This also relies on the Medic protecting the same person 2 Nights in a row. Not entirely useless, but very weak compared to the other two options. The wrong choice.

UC Advice:
As mentioned, this game will be harder for you due to lack of LG's and the possible existence of Black Zetsu. We may have to get you to RC after you investigate 3 (can decide on different number) players that are still alive OR 2 Mafia. It is possible that you won't live that long though, so I'll try and find a way for you to subliminally reveal your results in a way that it's not obvious to Mafia and can be referenced on your death.

The TF2 LG tech is made useless by Black Zetsu, but it can be modified to fit this game. Each night, the thread as a group decides on an investigation target and the UC investigates that person. During the Day phase, everyone reveals their 'investigation', with the real UC able to reveal their investigation safer than RCing.
Pros:
-Effectively nullifies Black Zetsu
-UC can reverse their results in the thread to throw Mafia off their trail
-Gives us something to look back on if UC dies

Cons:
-Mafia have a say on who should be investigated
-UC may be forced to investigate themselves
-Mafia can use this to gradually narrow down potential UC's (still possibly safer than subliminal messaging?)

Regardless on whether we decide to use this tech or not, I want to say UC should find a really subliminal way of revealing results that can only be found with very careful attention to detail, but if Mafia finds this subliminal message, it's a death sentence.

Also, while I do have an obligation to Alpha, I will consider changing my day1 lynch off of Fuzz if somebody has a really good read. I am a man of my word and uphold my end of deals, but seeing as how this is an Allstar game where we all need to be in tip top shape, I'd rather give Alpha my day1 vote in a future game as opposed to potentially missing a mafia lynch in this one.

I'm not okay with this.

So by Villager, you don't mean the Animal Crossing Villager?

That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 02:22:08 pm »
Maybe I misunderstood the rules. Does mafia have a choice between tobi, white or black zetsu?

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 02:27:39 pm »
I know I'd have gone for the extra recruit...Though, conjecture regarding potential recruitment is nearly invariably fruitless. I suppose it gets people talking,

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 02:29:28 pm »
Yes, they can only chose one of them. (In the case of black/white zetsu the regular zetsu is replaced) @kaz
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 02:45:19 pm »

-TGG saying that he may end up not voting for me Day 1, but only after the game is started. If he gets a free out because this is All-Stars then I'm sure I can find reasons for a few years to not vote for myself either

I supposed I worded that wrong. I AM indeed voting for you. But I will CONSIDER changing my stance if somebody gives me a very good reason to vote for someone else. Seeing as how it's day one, that is highly unlikely.

I'm just stating that if we catch a very heavy scent of a mafia, I'd rather lynch a mafia and fulfill my obligation to Alpha next game.

As it stands, my vote is still placed on you theoretically. It hasnt been sent in yet.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2014, 03:06:05 pm »
I know you said that, I just think it's funny how you said that you may not vote for me in X scenario (even if that's extremely unlikely, that's not the point) and then mention being a man of your word by voting me day 1 next game. However, unlike you, when I say I'm going to lynch myself I do as such posthaste.

Now, if you don't vote for me even though I did, the question is why? If I have the (lackofbrains/balls/lackofcommonsense) to vote for myself Day 1 and you don't, how does that make you look? How does me bringing this up make you and/or me look? Aren't these questions tingly?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2014, 04:05:59 pm »

저는 론 버건디입니까?

So you didn't get a pm role YET. Are you implying that you have a role?

As for answering your question, it was a pregame warmup, you bit hard on that :tdown:
What? Everyone gets a role card, meathead.

This is the All Star game. Playing dumb like that looks hella suspect.
[Toasty Moment:] Both White Zetsu and Tobi are mentioned in the write-up. This could be PW fucking with us and this could mean Mafia chose Black Zetsu.

[/toast]

Option Analysis:
Tobi: Safest option with almost no risk involved. Gives Mafia a statistical advantage. The standard choice.
Black Zetsu: Due to lack of LG's, the smartest option. Knowing which player the UC investigated, they can analyse player interactions the next day to see if someone tries to push against or away from the investigated target. Makes the UC's job sufficiently more difficult as Mafia are more likely to notice 'When I Die' messages than Civs. The logical choice.
White Zetsu: Little reason to choose this option. Only advantage to this option is not attacking someone protected the previous night, wasting a kill and confirming a Civ. This also relies on the Medic protecting the same person 2 Nights in a row. Not entirely useless, but very weak compared to the other two options. The wrong choice.

UC Advice:
As mentioned, this game will be harder for you due to lack of LG's and the possible existence of Black Zetsu. We may have to get you to RC after you investigate 3 (can decide on different number) players that are still alive OR 2 Mafia. It is possible that you won't live that long though, so I'll try and find a way for you to subliminally reveal your results in a way that it's not obvious to Mafia and can be referenced on your death.

The TF2 LG tech is made useless by Black Zetsu, but it can be modified to fit this game. Each night, the thread as a group decides on an investigation target and the UC investigates that person. During the Day phase, everyone reveals their 'investigation', with the real UC able to reveal their investigation safer than RCing.
Pros:
-Effectively nullifies Black Zetsu
-UC can reverse their results in the thread to throw Mafia off their trail
-Gives us something to look back on if UC dies

Cons:
-Mafia have a say on who should be investigated
-UC may be forced to investigate themselves
-Mafia can use this to gradually narrow down potential UC's (still possibly safer than subliminal messaging?)

Regardless on whether we decide to use this tech or not, I want to say UC should find a really subliminal way of revealing results that can only be found with very careful attention to detail, but if Mafia finds this subliminal message, it's a death sentence.

I'm not okay with this.

So by Villager, you don't mean the Animal Crossing Villager?
UC should not try to hint at their guilties, not in this format. Ever.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2014, 04:12:12 pm »
@RadicalFuzz I stated in the SRK thread that I was voting for the people that voted for The Faggot for the All-Star game.  You should know I always go in alphabetical order.

I've already explained my read on CoCo.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2014, 04:23:57 pm »
Also where is @Hecatom and @The Chief.

They're the only ones who have failed to check in.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2014, 04:41:14 pm »
I saw what you were saying about Co-Jones, I was attempting to give context to the statement so as not to misconstrue your most current suspicion. Additionally, how should I have determined your predilection towards alphabetical ordering?

FANCY VERBIAGE AHOY!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2014, 04:44:39 pm »
Because every player list in every game I GM is in alphabetical order, and I randomize the vote orders by putting them in alphabetical order?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2014, 04:52:25 pm »
I know you said that, I just think it's funny how you said that you may not vote for me in X scenario (even if that's extremely unlikely, that's not the point) and then mention being a man of your word by voting me day 1 next game. However, unlike you, when I say I'm going to lynch myself I do as such posthaste.

Now, if you don't vote for me even though I did, the question is why? If I have the (lackofbrains/balls/lackofcommonsense) to vote for myself Day 1 and you don't, how does that make you look? How does me bringing this up make you and/or me look? Aren't these questions tingly?

The fuck did you vote yourself for? Are you giving up as Mafia again? Also I dont know how that makes me look.

As for the reason of "Why?" it's because I dont know what placement you got in this game. You could be a roleless, vigi, medic, UC, or Mafia. There isn't really even a guarantee you die this day phase. But I'm trying to leave my options open in the event that somebody REALLY fucks up on a post accidentally letting on that they are Mafia, I will still be able to vote for them and put civs closer to victory. This is an AllStar game. The best of the best according to the leaderboard(I know some people disagree with the points), with me as a chosen guest. I would prefer to play my best in a game such as this. Especially since the numbers are so small in addition to the margin for error.

But you know what? Fuck it. Since you're so eager to have a noose around your throat, you officially have one more person pushing you onto the gallows. Please refrain from insulting how I handle my obligations in future endeavors. Maybe the way you type doesnt come across as how you actually mean, but the way you wrote that first section came across as somewhat hostile and it pissed me off. Who knows. Maybe I just read it wrong.

"-And then you mention being a man of your word-"
"However, unlike you-"

Fuck off.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2014, 05:00:47 pm »
Suspect list (Very rough right now):

Looks mafia:
The-Co-Jones

Maybe mafia, not totally sure yet:
Bious (Not said enough, but this open reminds me of Mafious)

May not know till D2:
RadicalFuzz
Alpha

Both for the same reason as each other.  Their opens are almost always the same.

Have no read on:
TGG (Only played webcam mafia with him, trying to get a lock on his posting style)
Hecatom (Where the fuck is you?)
The Chief (Where the fuck is you?)
Vynce (Hasn't said enough)
kaz (Hasn't said enough, and fuck trying to read kaz)
ForgeDigger (Haven't given her attention yet, but hasn't said much to dissect either)
Blindknagg (I've never been able to read him, and he hasn't been mafia for me to see what he'd do as mafia)

Leaning Civilian:
Augustus (Hasn't said a lot, but tone looks like Civilian Augustus)

Definitely Civilian, trust this guy:
Missing Person

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2014, 05:03:45 pm »
TGG contractually obligating him to vote Fuzz then not could be what he says it is, or it could be a ploy to save Fuzz or look like a careful deliberation on his part to actually honor it now.

Especially now that he says he is voting Fuzz.  This could be a mafia sacrifice.

IMO, in this game, this is either a civilian/mafia or civilian/civilian situation.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 05:06:55 pm »
But I won't rule out the potential for a sacrifice.  However...

Doing the math on it, with 3 mafia players they would only need 4 civ mislynches to win the game, provided one of them doesnt get vigi sniped.

TGG seems hard-headed enough to say what he means and not allow the contrary to happen under peer pressure.  That's just from playing FNM with him. He COULD say that here then mean something different in the mafia thread, but I don't think so.

@XthAtGAm3RGuYX, you stayed on Augustus in that all cop game on FNM, right?

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 05:09:49 pm »
OK @ForgeDigger

I understand the rules now. I get that mathematically having more members gets the game over faster as gamerguy pointed out earlier, I'm just thinking that a slower more cautious approach could work wonders if those who are mafia are experienced at leading mass confusion. Its happened recently so don't count it out. I think knowing who's being targeted at nigjt greatly assists mafia in a scenario like this. I suppose we make smart  calculated lynches first and wait out to see whether there's confusion or if people are playing it straight.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 05:12:31 pm »
@kaz, you missed most of last game where they got blown the fuck up for the information they had.

This is a game in similar vein to that.  There are inconclusives and botches in investigations.  Mafia trying to use that information against the civs could blow up in their faces again.

Sometimes ignorance isn't only bliss, it's also pretty fucking helpful.  What you don't know can't hurt you as much as thinking you know it all.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree x 1    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | -1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2014, 05:20:28 pm »

저는 론 버건디입니까?

So you'd rather a dead UC leaving us with nothing over a dead UC leaving us with clues (even if they have the potential to be killed a little earlier)? Mafia have a 1 in 10 or 11 chance of hitting the UC already, increase the chances by taking into account that this is an All-Star game and chances are our UC isn't living long anyway. I'm not saying UC should outright claim, just that they should leave something subtle that we can look back on. UC, if you feel comfortable and think you can survive for a decent amount of Day phases, go right ahead and follow MP's advice. Just know that nobody should ever feel that comfortable in this game.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »
Landing late into that Titans game was nice. I made 2-3 solid reads (iirc) based on just the last few pages. I thought that was kind of really something.

Loosely related, at best.

As for the Gam3r/RF squabble, it feels legit. Don't know if it's C/C or M/C either/

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »
Sorry TGG, wasn't trying to appear hostile, was just screwing around. I'll admit the "unlike you" part really didn't come across well, I was intending it to be a political joke in the same vein that you & Skizzz were having during the voting period, basically a joke about being 100% honest and expedient about when I'm going to vote to kill myself, not about how you don't do what you say.

It also occurs to me that Alpha & my deal wasn't necessarily common knowledge. I paid him two Day 1 votes on myself for two Martian nominations. So that is context that would be important. Now you can understand my statement wasn't meant to be an insult, just a bad joke. I'm that guy, both on the forum and IRL, my puns have made milk go bad.

MP - Augustus & Bious both have literally one post. You're telling me that that one statement is enough to get a baseline on someone's allegiance? I mean, maybe since you're more comfortable with reading you see into it more, but I just don't get it. Also after the game ends remind me to ask you what you mean about our opens. Obviously I don't expect the conversation to happen during a game, and I'm curious.

Hell, reading people in general is way too complicated sometimes, and I'm usually completely wrong, so I'm trying a new style of playing without attempting to read anyone. It'll probably suck too, but will it be less worse than me failing to read? So far in fighting games it's proven slightly better, so let's give it a go!

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2014, 05:43:56 pm »
kaz, you missed most of last game where they got blown the fuck up for the information they had.

This is a game in similar vein to that.  There are inconclusives and botches in investigations.  Mafia trying to use that information against the civs could blow up in their faces again.

Sometimes ignorance isn't only bliss, it's also pretty fucking helpful.  What you don't know can't hurt you as much as thinking you know it all.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2014, 06:07:37 pm »

는   버건디입니까?

So you'd rather a dead UC leaving us with nothing over a dead UC leaving us with clues (even if they have the potential to be killed a little earlier)? Mafia have a 1 in 10 or 11 chance of hitting the UC already, increase the chances by taking into account that this is an All-Star game and chances are our UC isn't living long anyway. I'm not saying UC should outright claim, just that they should leave something subtle that we can look back on. UC, if you feel comfortable and think you can survive for a decent amount of Day phases, go right ahead and follow MP's advice. Just know that nobody should ever feel that comfortable in this game.

Dafuq?  I'm feeling like no one's listening to me again except to try to make me look stupid.

I mean the moment UC either 1) has enough civ clears to POE the rest of the game, or 2) has a mafia investigation, they should out.  There should be no softs, no beating around the bush, just out with it.

There's still a huge amount of meta around them coming out that it makes it hard for mafia to actually kill him.  Would the medic save him knowing the next investigation would be botched, but believi the UC smart enough to make reads without his role?  Would medic self-protect or protect someone else?  It becomes a hard line still.

And we need a mafia investigation period.  If a UC has that, even one, it's useful enough to risk his death when we don't have LGs to go on.  The only time he should come out late game is if he has enough living civs on his list to process of elimination the mafia and us still win.  That's it.  The end.

And if you're expecting UC to do all the gruntwork of finding mafia for you and thus should try to stay hidden even when has 2/3 mafia, then you're a shitty civilian and shouldn't be playing this game.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2014, 06:09:35 pm »
I'm not seeing how additional info could outweigh another member for the Mafia. Let's say this game lasts 4 phases. That's 3 targets by Day 4 if their indicated role is still alive. While that could vastly narrow down the possible players that possess that role, by Day 4 if UC is alive then they haven't done their job correctly. Figuring out Medic isn't very useful either, as they can't protect themselves, so at most they would be able to figure out any slight preferences the Medic had. All of this is instead of taking another member, which is a concrete, guaranteed advantage.

But as always this is conjecture and we have to act as if they recruited.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2014, 06:11:14 pm »
Pro Tip:
Medic can't protect himself. Right on the role card.