June 23, 2017, 03:24:57 pm

Author Topic: The Beneficial Marriage  (Read 3885 times)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1880
The Beneficial Marriage
« on: September 18, 2015, 07:10:15 am »
Louise Ellis has found Nolan Ross.

@Skizzz, you get one extra investigation for Night 2.
@Baramur, you are now a Civilian.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +14
Re: The Beneficial Marriage
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 07:30:30 am »
I was really hoping that this one works out. ;)

And i found the town i was looking for, yaay!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 07:33:10 am »
Who did you check n1, and what was the result?

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +100
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 07:42:53 am »
I was really hoping that this one works out. ;)

And i found the town i was looking for, yaay!

Had a good feeling about you lol

I checked the chief night 1 result was not a Grayson

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 07:47:00 am »
My first sentence was "I am SEARCHING for town this game"

I was really hoping the cop would townread me for this.

We already townread each other anyway, so this alliance should net get too awkward.

I plan to Play a normal game and if you ever die in the night I'll out your checks and if you get the main wagon on you i might claim your role to save you, if we really need it.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 08:06:29 am »
My first sentence was "I am SEARCHING for town this game"

I was really hoping the cop would townread me for this.

We already townread each other anyway, so this alliance should net get too awkward.

I plan to Play a normal game and if you ever die in the night I'll out your checks and if you get the main wagon on you i might claim your role to save you, if we really need it.

Yeah my lost wolf radar went wild when I saw that line lol.

I'm not planning on changing my play at all either, shouldn't be an issue.  I might make some sort of thing that you can refer to when I die to have an uncontestable claim or whatever, but I'm not concerned about that.

Don't worry about claiming to get a wagon off of me, cause I should be able to get out of it myself. (Have yet to be lynched in forum mafia fingers crossed that it continues)

Also note that you should not use the post ratings in these out of thread conversations because they show up in your total (or at least they did previously maybe its been fixed)

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 08:47:30 am »
Do you want to know who amanda is?

Or do you just want me to let you know if you start scumreading that person?

Cause I know some people rather not knowing who power roles are so they don't play weirdly around them

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 03:06:53 pm »
http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,437.msg35514.html#msg35514

That is the reason why I think Citrus is scum outside of what I gave.

This is an obvious soft, and I know your are the real cop.
I/We cannot bring that one up right now, just wanted you to know this.

I might be a bit tinfoil in my world in general, but I feel so sure about Citrus scum, because of the soft and his play, that everything else just fits well.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 03:56:38 pm »
http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,437.msg35514.html#msg35514

That is the reason why I think Citrus is scum outside of what I gave.

This is an obvious soft, and I know your are the real cop.
I/We cannot bring that one up right now, just wanted you to know this.

I might be a bit tinfoil in my world in general, but I feel so sure about Citrus scum, because of the soft and his play, that everything else just fits well.

Ah OK I like it, the case looks good to me as well, dovetails nicely with my fuzz->scum read.

I do plan on trying to slip in to the background for a while, as I don't want to be too much of a voice in thread and get myself killed.

Let me know if traction picks up from whoever was pushing you and you'd like me to step in and defend with you.

Outside of that it's just going to be my usual cop playstyle of call everyone civs and skate allong until my claim

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 08:35:31 pm »
I just posted a little rant, because this game is close to impossible to figure out if town doesnt wake up.

Not even talking about you, but day two has been a total dragfest until now and there is no way we find all the mafia like this.

Will be gone for half of tomorrow, maybe back for day end, not sure. You do not need to defend me, i should never die anyway, and if i do i will tell them to always kill citrus after me.
If he flips scum, then town is on the right track (I cannot believe he is town after the soft)

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 07:12:37 pm »
OK that eod went fine. I might have done to much hopefully don't get night killed. I'm going to invest lossa and fonti tonight cause they aren't playing too godfathery and unlikely to overlap with Amanda invest

Do you have better suggestions for targets?

Also getting suspicious of forge I think she is trying to pocket me

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »
Fonti is ok, i townread her day 1, and i know she is kinda busy at the moment (and the game was half dead start of d2 anyway) which explains her lack of actions. But the check is good.

Lissa feels town to me, but i agree they both might be the active mafia and thus unlikely checks.

You could consider cobalt, i do not see this as his townplay. But he might be checked already or godfather.

The guy that claimed pr in the end is interesting, he can only really be vigi or the guy that outs the arson when he dies, we will see.

I am so clueless why Citrus would soft like that as third party, really odd. but that will always resolve itself tonight.

I might look at votelogic to see if there is the mafiasiding third party in there, considering the topwagons it seems unlikely.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 07:41:03 pm »
Fonti is ok, i townread her day 1, and i know she is kinda busy at the moment (and the game was half dead start of d2 anyway) which explains her lack of actions. But the check is good.

Lissa feels town to me, but i agree they both might be the active mafia and thus unlikely checks.

You could consider cobalt, i do not see this as his townplay. But he might be checked already or godfather.

The guy that claimed pr in the end is interesting, he can only really be vigi or the guy that outs the arson when he dies, we will see.

I am so clueless why Citrus would soft like that as third party, really odd. but that will always resolve itself tonight.

I might look at votelogic to see if there is the mafiasiding third party in there, considering the topwagons it seems unlikely.

Yeah I'm mostly trying to check people that I want to be able to listen to, like I want fonti and Lissa to be non mafia

O was thinking about checking cobalt but Amanda is someone who plays with him often and is likely to check him

I do want to push cobalt tomorrow though, also depending on the results we could do a fancy fakeclaim thing where iyou claim with my results of whatever. I'm drunk let'I'll lay it out tomorrow

Yeah assuming claims are true mafia probably parked their votes

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 08:02:32 pm »
We only need to claim when someone we have green on is under too much pressure, or we get a red.

Or if one of us dies/is doused.

As long as we are both alive and kicking we can gather checks.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 08:55:42 pm »
We only need to claim when someone we have green on is under too much pressure, or we get a red.

Or if one of us dies/is doused.

As long as we are both alive and kicking we can gather checks.
Yeah I was thinking if I get a red tonight we could have you claim, that was my plan. Ez to gather reactions too. Up 2u to

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 10:05:37 pm »
Wait for checks and see if we both survive.

If we both survive with only greens no claim.

Red = I claim.

One dies always claiming to out the info to town, i guess.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 11:08:39 pm »
Wait for checks and see if we both survive.

If we both survive with only greens no claim.

Red = I claim.

One dies always claiming to out the info to town, i guess.

Sounds good we will discuss tomorrow when I'm sober tho

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2015, 09:24:43 am »
Fonti is not a Grayson, and my investigation of Lissa failed.

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2015, 09:35:55 am »
Which means either  Amanda checked her or the greysons checked her, right?

Unless something weird happens, lets assume she is town.

If Amanda checked her, there will be some sort of push anyway.

Pimp Willy is mafia, that is good news.

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 09:36:24 am »
That makes Jason like 10 times more mafia with his hammer on Snowvon.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 09:50:44 am »
Which means either  Amanda checked her or the greysons checked her, right?

Unless something weird happens, lets assume she is town.

If Amanda checked her, there will be some sort of push anyway.

Pimp Willy is mafia, that is good news.

Yep I agree with this completely. 

Like I figure if it was Amanda who checked and they got a red check they will just shoot Lissa tomorrow.

And yeah that hammer from Jason looks real bad now lol

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 03:32:55 pm »
If Willy is town he is exactly Amanda, which would be really awkward, but in then mafia does not know that yet, i hope.

If he is scum this play is the best way to figure it out.

Also we know Lissa got checked, if willy is real she got always checked by scum and is confirmed town.

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 04:43:58 pm »
Only us two our checks and a outed third party voting right now.

It does not matter too much whoever drops, out of those. It is impossible that we have more than 1 scum (godfather) on it.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 04:54:35 pm »
If Willy is town he is exactly Amanda, which would be really awkward, but in then mafia does not know that yet, i hope.

If he is scum this play is the best way to figure it out.

Also we know Lissa got checked, if willy is real she got always checked by scum and is confirmed town.

Willy is not Amanda. I think Amanda has overlapping checks with me.

This means that Lissa was checked by scum, and is a civ.

Yeah I'm fine if anyone who is left on gamer stays on.

Also note that the godfather is only godfather against Amanda's checks not mine. I just noticed that when I reread the roles today

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 07:21:33 pm »
So I'm fairly certain that PW is mafia and bussed gamer.

Thoughts?

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 07:52:40 pm »
Either that or he is amanda.

He does not guess that lucky, i think.

If he is Amanda, mafia might believe he is cop.

The weird part is that we have 3 role claims outed. Adam talking about shooting ppl in the night, Willy claiming cop/amanda, and Bious who claimed role.

They might all be a role if Declan Porter is between Adam and Bious.

I don't think he is the check tonight, right?
Bious might be interesting, maybe. Or cobalt, but i have to check d1/2 votes for that. I just dont have any towny vibes from cobalt.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 07:59:25 pm »
Either that or he is amanda.

He does not guess that lucky, i think.

If he is Amanda, mafia might believe he is cop.

The weird part is that we have 3 role claims outed. Adam talking about shooting ppl in the night, Willy claiming cop/amanda, and Bious who claimed role.

They might all be a role if Declan Porter is between Adam and Bious.

I don't think he is the check tonight, right?
Bious might be interesting, maybe. Or cobalt, but i have to check d1/2 votes for that. I just dont have any towny vibes from cobalt.

Well like I mean my role gets the identity of amanda to start the game, and I can confidently say that willy is not amanda.

I think that adam is declan, but being too obvious about it.

I was thinking actually of checking between those two lol.  I was leaning towards bious, but not sure about that yet.

Yeah i figure if willy is alive by tomorrow I'll check him because I think amanda checks him tonight (but I think he's godfather)

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 08:04:31 pm »
Fuck I didnt know that you know amanda.

willy was always mafia for us then. well we don't look like the cop now that is fun.

Do you mind telling me who amanda is?

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 08:07:45 pm »
adam as vigi going for willy would mean that jason might have been a hit.

which means jason would have been the godfather always, because the other two mafia roles still had actions afterwards.

that is only if jason was mafia.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 08:09:40 pm »
Fuck I didnt know that you know amanda.

willy was always mafia for us then. well we don't look like the cop now that is fun.

Do you mind telling me who amanda is?

Amanda is fruit punch samurai G.  His checks look like you and chief to me.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm like never getting killed this game.

adam as vigi going for willy would mean that jason might have been a hit.

which means jason would have been the godfather always, because the other two mafia roles still had actions afterwards.

that is only if jason was mafia.

That situation makes a lot of sense

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 08:11:24 pm »
Like I think fpsg has been doing a pretty good job so far of staying under the radar, yet post enough to not get super picked up as a wallflower to be lynched, which is great for us.  It makes up for probably having really bad checks (well good checks but unfortunate)

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2015, 08:22:37 pm »
I agree with all of that.

Willy needs to kill one of the other prs to explain why he is alive i think.

Amanda hopefully saves adam. he is most likely real and works best.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 08:36:58 pm »
I agree with all of that.

Willy needs to kill one of the other prs to explain why he is alive i think.

Amanda hopefully saves adam. he is most likely real and works best.

Yeah, it would be super wicked if adam is the target of the nk tonight, and gets protected.  I think we are pretty far ahead in this game right now.

I'm going to send in a investigate pm directed at bious tonight.  Lemme know if you think of someone better

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2015, 09:15:14 pm »
if he is red i might out as cop killing both of willy and bious. always worth it.

if he is green we should try to not out, because he might die in the night for being a pr.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2015, 07:11:52 am »
Pimps a god
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2015, 07:19:54 am »
Green check on Bious

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2015, 04:41:43 pm »
I see two worlds right now..

World 1:
Mafia checked Lissa, she is Amandas backup role, they thought willy is amanda or cop (he guessed gamer as mafia)

And they wanted to let her ignite tonight for the win.

They silenced Fonti, because Fonti and Lissa kinda hardaligned all game, and in case willy is cop they considered her to be amanda.

Scenario 2 :
Lissa was checked by Amanda, but she is godfather. She claimed doused after the arson flipped, which soft townfirms her without ever putting her in any danger, since the arson is dead.

There are other worlds inbetween, but I kinda think it makes sense, and the way fruit samurai distanced from her just there fits perfectly.

It does not give up a lot of informations about the mafia i think. Just wanted to brainstorm that stuff.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2015, 07:04:09 pm »
I see two worlds right now..

World 1:
Mafia checked Lissa, she is Amandas backup role, they thought willy is amanda or cop (he guessed gamer as mafia)

And they wanted to let her ignite tonight for the win.

They silenced Fonti, because Fonti and Lissa kinda hardaligned all game, and in case willy is cop they considered her to be amanda.

Scenario 2 :
Lissa was checked by Amanda, but she is godfather. She claimed doused after the arson flipped, which soft townfirms her without ever putting her in any danger, since the arson is dead.

There are other worlds inbetween, but I kinda think it makes sense, and the way fruit samurai distanced from her just there fits perfectly.

It does not give up a lot of informations about the mafia i think. Just wanted to brainstorm that stuff.

The only problem with your world 1 is that the mafia cop only checks if the player is amanda or not.  So they would not be able to see if she is the amanda backup.  I could see your world 2 being accurate but that almost seems dangerously tinfoil-y. 

I feel like FPSG would not have danced so oddly around lissa if he investigated her, as he was not suspicious in the same way with his other two checks (you and chief i assume).  Then again, them investigating her, then still dousing her doesnt make much sense either. 

Is there any world where he got a red check on her and is not sure how to push her without giving himself away?

I will probably check her again tonight just to make sure, in order to have the last mafia not just slip away as we progress through the POE stage of the game.

Either her, descuff or augustus i guess actually.

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2015, 08:28:04 pm »
Oh fuck if they only see amanda or not then you are right, my fault then.

Thought it is a normal rolecop.

If he has a redcheck he can shoot her, unless she is godfather, but then he doesnt think she is scum, right?

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2015, 08:50:20 pm »
Oh fuck if they only see amanda or not then you are right, my fault then.

Thought it is a normal rolecop.

If he has a redcheck he can shoot her, unless she is godfather, but then he doesnt think she is scum, right?

Oh yeah i forgot that amanda is a vigi as well as everything else.

Hmmmmm, I'm confused now

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 11:03:06 pm »
Yeah lets just not think too much about it for now. I hope fonti just gets saved tonight that would give us a lot of information.

Esp on Lissa.

I think Fruit Ninjas read could also just be to goat mafia into pushing on lissa, maybe.

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2015, 10:31:22 am »
Should I out as cop with a green on him, if we get too close to killing fruit ninja?

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2015, 10:55:55 am »
Should I out as cop with a green on him, if we get too close to killing fruit ninja?

I think so.  I'm not overly enthused about his odds of fighting off a lynch by himself.

I'm pretty sure I can avoid us having to do that though, cause I'm going to be super disappointed in myself if I can't convince people to lynch cobalt over him, since cobalt has been playing super scummy all game.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 11:43:41 am »
Okay I might need to claim that you are cop and I am you before this phase ends. I'm worried I gave away that fpsg is Amanda.

If you give me the go ahead I'll say you are cop, I'm your role, Amanda is dead but we have greens on fpsg fonti and chief.

Assuming vigi plays along, this explains why I am playing how I am, but not give any info away as to who Amanda is.

Does that sound reasonable to you?

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 11:46:54 am »
True enough. It was more of a just in case situation. Exchange Lissa check with fruit and leave the rest real, i think.

Put me in the checks and just tell them that one of the checks is the third party that you are in qt with, that way town knows who else is all conf!town, but mafia does not know who to kill.

And they have to kill me either way, if they want to stop the information flow, or try to guess who the other part in the greenchecks is.

Not sure if outing both of us is the right play.

Either put one in the checks, or out. Your choice.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2015, 12:18:53 pm »
Or what if I claim 3rd party in a PM with the cop, name checks of fonti, fpsg, Bious, and chief. Then say the cop isn't in those 4. Then they won't kill fpsg, they probably won't enforce me and they might kill an unknown trying to find "the cop". If they try to kill me there's a chance fpsg protects me.

Is there any downsides to that you see?

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 12:22:16 pm »
Only if we hard aligned too much, which is unlikely.

As long as they cannot read our connection, we are golden.

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 12:54:26 pm »
I am thinking if my reads were too obvious at any given point, they might go for me, unsure about it. One of us always survives and town gets a lot of information out of this.

Like i softed 3p with my first post hard, which is the only thing that can possibly ever can fuck us. But even if the play does not work out, we give town all the ifnormation to possibly solve the game, i hope.

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2015, 01:05:46 pm »
I am thinking if my reads were too obvious at any given point, they might go for me, unsure about it. One of us always survives and town gets a lot of information out of this.

Like i softed 3p with my first post hard, which is the only thing that can possibly ever can fuck us. But even if the play does not work out, we give town all the ifnormation to possibly solve the game, i hope.

Yeah but even if they go for you,I get another night to investigate (tonight), and there's no reason for town to question my claim because it makes no sense to do as mafia.

Worst case we absorb 2 nights worth of kills (protecting Amanda) and clear 4 people. I'm fine with that trade.

I'm going to type up my claim when I get back to a computer in about 10 minutes

Baramur

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 01:08:31 pm »
It's good, worst case is one of us dies, while the other one gets blocked.

You shoulkd always be Amandas save, so that is good.