October 18, 2017, 07:55:23 am

Author Topic: The Stowaway  (Read 14000 times)

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +20
Re: The Stowaway
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2015, 02:53:37 pm »
I don't get this whole strategy of having the least amount of people voting the lynch. And only having town reads do it. It....is kinda very controlling by whoever started it and is pushing it.

To avoid Lydia flipping as something else in the case of PW being fake.

Perfect world would be 1 person voting, everyone else not voting as it would give a clean flip no matter alignment of PW.

Since so many have voted that's impossible now. Too bad universally townread Pozzai was not saved and could be around to make it easier :D
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2015, 02:54:53 pm »
 They know every flip but you, which means at 'best' 3 mafia is alive. That will require 2 mafia to vote on Lydia to choose her flip. The fewer people voting, and the more town read those people are, the less chance of there being 2 mafia in the vote.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Citrus

• Rye Toast
  • Mildly Burnt Toast with Honey
  • Rated: +22
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2015, 02:56:46 pm »
Did you like me claiming "not Amanda or the two who knows whom she is" by getting how she works wrong Citrus :D?

I missed it I think, but to be honest I kinda glazed over the town roles in general so I probably misunderstood it too :p

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2015, 03:12:26 pm »
I missed it I think, but to be honest I kinda glazed over the town roles in general so I probably misunderstood it too :p

You corrected me you donkey :P

Citrus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2015, 03:27:28 pm »
You corrected me you donkey :P

Ohhhh that's what you meant
Idk I'd totally dumb tell as the role to distance too if I thought of it, so right back atcha

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2015, 03:40:29 pm »
Ohhhh that's what you meant
Idk I'd totally dumb tell as the role to distance too if I thought of it, so right back atcha

You didn't like videomafia btw, didn't see you return after your first few games ? =)

I think Cobalt was playing the other day with Jan and Fonti.

Citrus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2015, 05:47:10 pm »
  You didn't like videomafia btw, didn't see you return after your first few games ? =)

I think Cobalt was playing the other day with Jan and Fonti.

I didn't like my first few experiences, but mostly because I had trouble being heard without feeling like an ass for interrupting people (and all three times people claimed I wasn't interested in the game, which pissed me off to the moon and beyond because of how untrue that was).

I actually got lynched D1 3x in a row, which is incredibly frustrating   :'(

I was planning on playing more to try and get more used to the flow, but I've been really busy lately and can't spend substantial portions of my evening on there.  I'm planning on jumping in again when I have complete chunks of free time though.

Citrus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2015, 05:48:05 pm »
All my hard-confident reads when I was town turned out pretty much spot on though, so I think I have trouble vocalizing as opposed to understanding/reading others

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2015, 05:52:52 pm »
Oh I get it now. Well, the person who killed me knows my role.

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2015, 06:18:35 pm »
All my hard-confident reads when I was town turned out pretty much spot on though, so I think I have trouble vocalizing as opposed to understanding/reading others

Uhm if you join a game, talk to Fonti and me.

When Fonti started playing I pretty often just formalled her midways through day1 (and still do to some extend) to give her the opportunity to speak.

It can be a bit troublesome at times when you're mannered, I had huge issues with the same thing when I started playing.

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2015, 06:21:52 pm »
 If I need someone to talk I generally ask Fonti to "trust me here for a second" and she typically seconds my formals, or I convince someone to second my formal on Fonti.

I then allow the to speak for a bit and rescind saying "just wanted to hear from him if you guys feel he's mafia feel free to reformal"

Citrus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2015, 07:02:54 pm »
Uhm if you join a game, talk to Fonti and me.

When Fonti started playing I pretty often just formalled her midways through day1 (and still do to some extend) to give her the opportunity to speak.

It can be a bit troublesome at times when you're mannered, I had huge issues with the same thing when I started playing.

That...would actually be terrific.  The only consistent time I got to talk those 3 games was while being formal'd lol.  I think a lot of it is a matter of getting used to 'butting' in for me, but that would help a ton

Citrus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2015, 07:03:16 pm »
*popcorn while waiting for our new friend*
I hear he's a gamer of sorts

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2015, 07:09:40 pm »
*popcorn while waiting for our new friend*
I hear he's a gamer of sorts

The dude kind!

@Gamer Dude, looks like your team will have to find Amanda without you.

Fun behind the scenes fact for today, Mason would've won today... if Pozzai hadn't sabotaged him last Night.
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2015, 07:24:07 pm »
The dude kind!

Fun behind the scenes fact for today, Mason would've won today... if Pozzai hadn't sabotaged him last Night.

Such pro Pozzai.

Also, @Citrus this is why
a) Survivalist doesn't cc
b) survivalist that didn't want to be in the game heavily tried to hint that he knew Pimp was always time to eat thhe detective/Amanda replacement bullet :D

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2015, 07:25:20 pm »
 Unrelated question, can 3p survivalist get town mvp ? kappa
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2015, 07:26:06 pm »
 In before Pimp is mafia and sold out his teammate just to make me look absolutely shit :P

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2015, 07:30:04 pm »

So I was more or less universaly townread
Took a PR bullet
Didn't cc what looks to be detective or Amanda
And saved town from losing another person for parity reasons in the Mason

All in my last night. Not too bad in my 3rd forum game ever if I have to say myself kappa

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2015, 07:30:54 pm »
 Oh and lost the game, forgot to add that :D

Pozzai

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2015, 07:33:44 pm »
That...would actually be terrific.  The only consistent time I got to talk those 3 games was while being formal'd lol.  I think a lot of it is a matter of getting used to 'butting' in for me, but that would help a ton

As said, say the word if I'm in the game. It's not alignment indicative of my play in any way as I do that as either alignment.

Citrus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2015, 07:39:42 pm »
The dude kind!

EL OH EL.

I must be the one winning Neutral mwahahha

Citrus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2015, 07:41:38 pm »
Such pro Pozzai.

Also, @Citrus this is why
a) Survivalist doesn't cc
b) survivalist that didn't want to be in the game heavily tried to hint that he knew Pimp was always time to eat thhe detective/Amanda replacement bullet :D

Touche.  To be fair, as a neutral with win condition not correlated with end-game, I was kinda balls-to-the-walls aggressive with my opinions.  More open role cards = less chance night kills go those ways + go towards Fuzz.  I think that's why Fontisian called me out and scum-read me initially, she thought PW softed TPR and I smashed his soft-claim all over his head without pause, leading her to go 'wtf you doing idiot'

Citrus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2015, 07:42:26 pm »
In before Pimp is mafia and sold out his teammate just to make me look absolutely shit :P

I'll be damn impressed if this was part of the plan

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2015, 10:48:17 pm »
I actually got lynched D1 3x in a row, which is incredibly frustrating

So long as Alpha has a breath in his body you'll be fine Day 1 if I'm playing. I think that he's voted me Day 1 since the second game we played together literally years ago. And he takes D1 votes on me as currency for favors. Chief, for instance, is permanently indebted to him and his D1 vote is at Alpha's beck and call.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2015, 05:12:40 am »
Good dog Syn making sure Fuzz stays dead.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2015, 05:46:56 am »
Ok so who shot me? Skizzz or Adam Levine?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2015, 05:59:44 am »
Ok so who shot me? Skizzz or Adam Levine?

Aiden.

Spoiler for Hiden:
kappa
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:00:11 am by ✰Alpha✰ »

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2015, 06:51:54 am »
Everything is still kind of a crapshoot from a civ perspective, but I think mafia have this one in the bag...roles are getting figured out too quickly.

Are they gonna kill Pimp Willy tonight? They should lol.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2015, 06:53:44 am »
Also Alpha, let me guess...the roles weren't exactly given out randomly, were they?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2015, 06:57:36 am »
Oh, I guess Augustus could have shot me lol.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2015, 06:59:26 am »
Also Alpha, let me guess...the roles weren't exactly given out randomly, were they?

What made you think that? The fact that DrWilgy got the doctor?

Spoiler for Hiden:
But no, it was all done through random.org. If the roles were given out the way I wanted, a decent chunk of roleless players would have roles, RadicalFuzz would be given a role he had no chance of winning (Turretius was right on this one) with and Synonym wouldn't be shitposting in my thread.

I think this game has actually run better with RNG deciding the roles instead of me. People I wouldn't have given certain roles to have performed really well, like Louise and Mason.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2015, 07:20:47 am »
Yesssss, lol mafia.

Ah, I thought since Synonym was wanting the dog, you may have granted his wish. As well as Wilgy being the doctor. It just seemed too coincidental, but stranger things have happened. Plus, the whole "requesting an Australian" thing hasn't surfaced yet, so I thought maybe it was related to role distribution somehow.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2015, 07:27:22 am »
Congratulations to @Pimp Willy for somehow managing to guess a Mafia correctly, whilst avoiding getting killed by Civilians.
Congratulations to @ZOOLANDER for becoming a Civ.
Congratulations to @ForgeDigger for... keeping her role a secret from the public... I guess.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2015, 07:42:05 am »
So mafia are targeting civs who are hard defending each other. Pimp should have died N1 with me saving his ass, but Augustus had to go ahead and call Wilgy "pure". And Pozzai was "cleared" by someone earlier on. They are running out of places to look...

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2015, 07:44:40 am »
Oh yeah, almost forgot the fun behind the scenes facts for tonight.

Nolan investigated Emily, but more excitingly, Mason targeted Amanda.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2015, 07:57:15 am »
Oh man, what an intense ride. Always intended to basically try to play like I was the power role playing it badly. Citrus could not seem to even grasp that as a concept so he tried his hardest to call me out on it, to the point where I gave up on it for fear of him outing himself. That changed a lot once he claimed his real role. But I had to hail mary it... Gamer Dude did seem both Shady AND lynchable, so thats where  I went with it. Lol.

I was really hoping he wasn't the on that was not able to be investigated, beecause that would have blown up in my face. If he was civ, I was prepared to take my vigi kill having at least tried.

And it was way too easy to sway people with a simple claim. "Oh this guy we want to lynch claimed power role? Okay lets trust him and lynch the person he says" haha. Luckily for them it worked out.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2015, 07:58:01 am »
Oh yeah, almost forgot the fun behind the scenes facts for tonight.

Nolan investigated Emily, but more excitingly, Mason targeted Amanda.

Yikes, so despite being so far ahead... its still completely within the realm of possibility that we lose? Amanda dies tonight... then we're one mistake away from loss?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2015, 08:08:05 am »
Yikes, so despite being so far ahead... its still completely within the realm of possibility that we lose? Amanda dies tonight... then we're one mistake away from loss?

Yep, the game can end at pretty much any time in either team's favour.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2015, 08:15:26 am »
Oh geez. Mason can just claim to be Amanda with a guilty result on Amanda and get her lynched....

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2015, 08:17:33 am »
I dunno, I thought the zombies carpenter role was nuts, this is like another level of nuts lol

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2015, 08:45:03 am »
I dunno, I thought the zombies carpenter role was nuts, this is like another level of nuts lol

Oh you finally made it in here?

FINALLY

Vote Registered for Pimp Willy forever

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2015, 08:58:42 am »
Oh I finally died. Cool.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2015, 09:03:15 am »
Oh you finally made it in here?

FINALLY

Vote Registered for Pimp Willy forever

lol

you might want to check the thread out. All for the greater good.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2015, 09:07:25 am »
Oh I finally died. Cool.

So I take it you weren't mafia... roleless or 3p?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2015, 09:37:28 am »
@DrWilgy I've been playing that Malygos Handlock deck, or well my version of it since I don't have all the same cards, and I'm meeting some success with it. It definitely has it's fun moments. Malygos -> Imp Explosion is a good one. I've also started opening up TGT packs to see what I can add to that deck. I find the key to that deck is managing the spell damage buffs and using Hellfires correctly.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2015, 10:21:03 am »
I've been playing my token pally ,along with my revamped dragon pally... I havent sold my soul to try the secret pally deck yet, but I'd like to try it : )

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2015, 10:21:52 am »
So I take it you weren't mafia... roleless or 3p?

Nah, I was Lydia. But only one civ knows that now.
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2015, 10:22:28 am »
It's just that I thought this game would be over before my second job began, which was yesterday. So I was sort of checked out.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Citrus

• Rye Toast
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2015, 11:26:28 am »
Oh man, what an intense ride. Always intended to basically try to play like I was the power role playing it badly. Citrus could not seem to even grasp that as a concept so he tried his hardest to call me out on it, to the point where I gave up on it for fear of him outing himself. That changed a lot once he claimed his real role. But I had to hail mary it... Gamer Dude did seem both Shady AND lynchable, so thats where  I went with it. Lol.

I was really hoping he wasn't the on that was not able to be investigated, beecause that would have blown up in my face. If he was civ, I was prepared to take my vigi kill having at least tried.

And it was way too easy to sway people with a simple claim. "Oh this guy we want to lynch claimed power role? Okay lets trust him and lynch the person he says" haha. Luckily for them it worked out.

I had the luxury of not having to be right :p. Props for dealing with my endless tunnel and pulling all that off

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2015, 11:38:34 am »
Cobalt said:
Btw, Augustus is probably Mason Treadwell and he probably targeted me last night so that's why he's trying to swing my lynch so he can win. Jsyk.

I'm town, but I don't want Augustus to win, so.  :votebot:

I was thinking this at one point too. And it's possibly right. The longer Cobalt stays alive in a game, the better he gets. But he starts off pretty bad, so I dunno what that tells you lol.