August 18, 2017, 03:43:30 am

Author Topic: Mafia All Stars: Naruto! DATTEBAYO! Game Discussion thread  (Read 18664 times)

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
Re: Mafia All Stars: Naruto! DATTEBAYO! Game Discussion thread
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2014, 11:42:07 am »
The Chief: "Fuzz, should we lynch you?"

I think the Chief is in the clear, and probably the Vigi. He has used similar tells before. Mind you, he could be using that as his own misdirection.

But I am seriously keeping my bulldog stance on Fuzz and MP - one of them, if not both, is mafia.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2014, 11:43:32 am »
I think MP has both the balls and the rocks (all snorted) to have pulled a good cop, bad cop, dead cop this time.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2014, 11:46:42 am »
Oh true.  I could see a scenario where Alpha was playing up the UC strategy during night phase to get mafia to kill him (because he's roleless), Sakura picking up on that and protecting him.

But that means mafia haven't stepped their game up yet.

Why kill alpha anyway?  Thought he was UC? TGG would make a read like that, I feel.

Sakura successfully protecting UC night 1 isn't terrible though. 
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2014, 11:47:41 am »
Oh true in regards to sakura protecting naruto being bad

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2014, 12:42:18 pm »
MP made a post about when he received his role card. If the other civs just check if they got theirs around the same time, it would clear MP (at least a little more).  If MP were mafia, mafia would have had to known when civilian roles were assigned to make a statement like that.  And unlikely that mafia would know when civ cards were sent out.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1501
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2014, 12:52:30 pm »
I think role cards were sent out right as the thread went up, except for Mafia which was notified on Saturday, and the recruit which was notified on sunday
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2014, 01:22:51 pm »
I think role cards were sent out right as the thread went up, except for Mafia which was notified on Saturday, and the recruit which was notified on sunday

So jason has a solid point, then eh?

I wonder if anyone else will think of that....

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2014, 01:26:46 pm »
I just read PW's reply in the game thread.

Lololol.

If the Jesus Toast title is there to represent high post count, then MP is going to be ranked at The Second Serving , in a week.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2014, 06:44:44 pm »
MP said on page 3:
I didn't get anything until about an hour after CoCo posted that rolehunt in the check-in thread

Co-Jones made the rolehunt post at 11:30:14 AM according to my clock on November 17.

PW posts game thread up at 11:40:34 AM the same day (approximately 10 minutes later).  I would assume PW would have given out civ role cards before putting up the game thread.  And can MP really confuse 1 hour with 10 minutes?

Lynch: Missing Person

I am sorry I doubted you, sensei.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2014, 06:48:42 pm »
Missing Person makes the first post in the game thread (other than PW) at 11:56:39 AM, only 26 minutes after the rolehunt post by The Co-Jones. 

I mean....that's a really poor sense of time....

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2014, 06:51:21 pm »
and look at how MP is trying to lead the conversation with all that "who would kill Alpha at night?" talk.

that toaster is on high right now.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2014, 07:01:14 pm »
Hecatom having 9 notifications just may be him ignoring all of them ever since he signed up lol.  But I guess that doesn't make sense if he checked the PM with his role card.  I guess he's mafia too?

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +93
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2014, 11:39:34 pm »

After losing Co-Jones day 1, why kill Alpha night 1?

"Safe" Kill - Least likely to be protected, gets Akatsuki some steam
"Incriminating" Kill - Misdirection. Gets Ninja Alliance looking in wrong direction
"Destroying" Kill - Alpha categorized as a Ninja Alliance asset that needs to be dealt with asap.

Not only that, which person is likely to call a shot like that, and get away with it? If there's only 2 Akatsuki left they'd have to agree on the kill. If they had to agree on the kill then Alpha is definitely in the "Destroying" category. If 1 person is calling the shots then I think "Incriminating" is in play here. "Safe" kill could fall under either 1 person leading, or both of them coming to agreement on what to do.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2014, 11:55:53 pm »
"Maybe Mafia (62.5%-99.99%) - Bious barely falls into this category due to his No Lynch, but too many people are throwing his name around for me to easily buy that he's dirty" ~ Quote from RadicalFuzz

Makes very little sense. There's only 2 Akatsuki in a pool of 12 players. Akatsuki will not have voting power via sheer numbers to make his name get traction.

I would have already wanted to vote RadicalFuzz after Co-Jones came up dirty after day 1. This would pretty much seal my vote.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2014, 02:46:46 am »
I would have already wanted to vote RadicalFuzz after Co-Jones came up dirty after day 1. This would pretty much seal my vote.

This is why they tried to kill Alpha.

Alpha was leading the RadicalFuzz vote Day 1 (always has/always will) and is usually a very strong asset to civilians because of his usual strong analytical play.

If Missing Person and Hecatom are the last remaining Akatsuki, a hit on Alpha would draw suspicion on MP and Fuzz.  MP is playing well to clear himself.  Fuzz was already on MP's list Day 1, so he's hoping the civs will put 2 and 2 together and push Fuzz on their own.  He's not being so strong-headed about reads this phase (Day 1 - sac mafia, Day 2 - clear himself), and in the last few posts it seems like he's misdirecting away from Hecatom having 9 profile notifications when he shouldn't have that many at all.  Bious is gaining traction though organically.  I think Hecatom will get lynched today though if Alpha pushes it hard.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2014, 02:54:46 am »

I want this song to play every time I log onto JesusToastMafia.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:01:51 am by jasonC »

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2014, 03:04:11 am »
Fun fact: in that video he's holding a UC role card.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2014, 05:21:04 am »
Eh. I meant to say The Chief if civ is probably the UC, not Vigi.

He has given early tells before, and that Vynce in the clear hint, screams message like Damon Wayans.

I have roled (sic) the odds in my head a bit, and MP is about 50/50 to me now - if not mafia, then Vigi looking for smoke signals from the UC.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2014, 06:58:39 am »
When I had mentioned No Lynch in a game once, Bious jumped on me for it.  He no lynched intentionally knowing full well the implications. 

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2014, 07:05:09 am »
Was he trying to draw a UC investigation his way on purpose?  Yea if I was UC Bious would have been a target I would have considered.

Why draw the UC investigation though?

Bious knows a No Lynch vote would make him very suspicious.  That would not be a mafia play generally.

So if not mafia, then why get UC to waste an investigation on you if you are clean?

Maybe Bious is Vigi, and wants the UC to realize it as well?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2014, 08:06:35 am »
Interesting. Would Hecatom posting screen shots would normally be against the rules? But I guess the "common sense" rules weren't really listed out in the sign up thread?  Images could be fake though.

Like, what is "DAY 1 RESULTS" ?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2014, 08:14:14 am »
Oh nvm...that was day 1 results duh

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2014, 08:23:50 am »
So you brought up an interesting thought, we know sakura protected alpha. If you were uc who would you investigate?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2014, 09:14:11 am »
Bious I guess.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2014, 09:43:32 am »
Bious always flies under the radar, hes definitely a good uc pick. Its nice to be able to know where his allegiance lies, without having to read him, as he genuinely makes a scary mafia because hes hard to pin down

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2014, 09:47:54 am »
I can't read Augustus either so I would have investigated him, but Bious No Lynch was interesting.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2014, 10:14:12 am »
Hecatom would have been another I would want to UC, because I believed he was DarkFlowering up through the end of night 1. 

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2014, 12:19:51 pm »
@Pimp Willy's epic smackdown this game-thread, ought to be saved, for posterity.

That shit was 'Da Bes.

I think Bious is a wild card,, as stated, he could be lying low due to either a role or being Mafia.

Hecatom ought to be lynched on principle - for his being a wallflower firstly, then posting badly when he DOES show up.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2014, 12:52:06 pm »
Hmm hmm hmm. If I was Sasuke I would be playing to survive until night 3. If people with abilities is able to change their dusk targets then I'd claim at the beginning of day 4 and clear or indict whoever I had up at that point, regardless of how the game was going up to that point. If dusk targets can't be changed then I'd claim at the end of night 3 and hope I lived going into day 4 so I could get in one more result.

Dusk 1 - Investigate someone if he is likely to be on the hot seat by day 3. Kaz,  XthAtGAm3RGuYX, The Chief and Bious would fit into that category.

Dusk 2 - Someone who I think Co-Jones would have signed off on picking for as the third member.

Dusk 3 - Whoever is the likely lynch target for the next day phase. Whoever gained traction between end of day 3 and the duration of dusk 3.

Here's a question of my own. If you were Madara and Co-Jones was your starting partner, who would you want to recruit?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:10:09 pm by Simple Machine »

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2014, 02:29:34 pm »
Well, it looks like they are gunning for Bious, tonight.

If they get a hit, then it is time to sink that BattleFuzz.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2014, 02:53:33 pm »
Step 2, before the deadline comes at 9 am tomorrow, post what your night actions would be for all the parties involved

Naruto:
Sakura:
Sasuke:
Madara:

Waiting for the day 2 results makes sense, of course : )

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2014, 04:07:16 pm »
I'll either be voting for Bious or The Chief tonight.

Subtle slip up or role claim by Vynce? You dont vote at night.

BUT, he might might literal night time in real life, but that shit will get you killed
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2014, 04:22:50 pm »
I'll either be voting for Bious or The Chief tonight.

Subtle slip up or role claim by Vynce? You dont vote at night.

BUT, he might might literal night time in real life, but that shit will get you killed

So you're saying he is hinting at UC? Or Vigi?

He's East Coast, for sure, so there is that.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2014, 04:25:59 pm »
I'm all but positive that MP is either roled (sic) or Mafia.

He isn't playing like him playing like a role-less civ.

Vynce does not feel like Mafia this game, either.

I'm with Alpha's Sig: LYNCH RADICAL FUZZ.

But day three. Hit Bious or Hecatom tonight.

And I want to say that Chief is either UC, or else role-less doing what he should do.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:27:27 pm by SoliloquyAside »

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2014, 04:30:52 pm »
I saw that too Willy. But there's been a few things that looked like slip ups to me. The RadicalFuzz slipup on having 3 members day 1 for instance.

"Voting for *X* tonight" can only be interpreted as outside the game time, or "night time" in game time. If he's not Akatsuki then he's on the list for Friendship check and Ataksuki hit list. Assuming Naruto didn't check him during dusk 1.

"I know you're convinced that I'm dirty, but think outside the box for a second. Mafia don't vote me off when the votes are extremely close. They try to kill Alpha, someone that the thread thinks is roleless, for the most part. Who else, exactly, has been pushing my lynch besides you MP? Do you think it's outside the realm of possibility that the Mafia are just letting you barrel off in the wrong direction. Even if you're unlikely to be lynched if I turn up civ, what do you learn? That the Mafia set you up. I'm sure that'll be a great consolation when you're kept alive as a pseudo-Immortal because you're loud and wrong." ~ RadicalFuzz

This post doesn't sit well with me.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2014, 04:36:56 pm »
I saw that too Willy. But there's been a few things that looked like slip ups to me. The RadicalFuzz slipup on having 3 members day 1 for instance.

"Voting for *X* tonight" can only be interpreted as outside the game time, or "night time" in game time. If he's not Akatsuki then he's on the list for Friendship check and Ataksuki hit list. Assuming Naruto didn't check him during dusk 1.

"I know you're convinced that I'm dirty, but think outside the box for a second. Mafia don't vote me off when the votes are extremely close. They try to kill Alpha, someone that the thread thinks is roleless, for the most part. Who else, exactly, has been pushing my lynch besides you MP? Do you think it's outside the realm of possibility that the Mafia are just letting you barrel off in the wrong direction. Even if you're unlikely to be lynched if I turn up civ, what do you learn? That the Mafia set you up. I'm sure that'll be a great consolation when you're kept alive as a pseudo-Immortal because you're loud and wrong." ~ RadicalFuzz

This post doesn't sit well with me.

It's too defensive, and entirely too personal... which flows back into its being too defensive.

I said it before, but at least one of MP and Radical Fuzz is dirty.

MP goes in hard, and callous - but not mean, or cheap.

Fuzz is looking might dirty, imo.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2014, 07:46:27 pm »
I'm all but positive that MP is either roled (sic) or Mafia.

He isn't playing like him playing like a role-less civ.

Ok I'm interested.  I can't tell the difference.  What is it that you see? Is it the "I know how this makes me look" spiel?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 07:47:00 pm by jasonC »

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2014, 10:09:45 pm »
Welcome @Bious aka Kakashi to the Losers Lounge,

Also I want to see those night actions, Im interested to see where you guys would go with it. And also, its good practice

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2014, 11:49:20 pm »
Step 2, before the deadline comes at 9 am tomorrow, post what your night actions would be for all the parties involved

Naruto:
Sakura:
Sasuke:
Madara:

Waiting for the day 2 results makes sense, of course : )

Hmm hmm hmm.

Naru: Read over day 1 and day 2 and see what connections can be made between Co-Jones and Alpha. From there I'd then reread day 2 again and look at the lynching of Bious. Off the top of my head Kaz was the first one to throw out his name and then was in a rush to say "After Bious we press The Chief right?". So definitely start looking at that and how the lynch transformed from there.

Saku: I wouldn't listen to Missing Person, assuming Missing Person isn't Sakura. I'd probably be feeling myself too much from protecting Alpha correctly. Even if Alpha is Naruto, I just saved his life and it's better that he gets to hang around in the game. The same can be said if I successfully protected the UC tonight. Question though does Sakura mess with Sasuke getting off his Chidori?

Sasu: Probably wouldn't put a hole in someones chest this dusk. While I feel that RadicalFuzz is my leading candidate for being Akatsuki, I wouldn't put a hole through his chest for one reason, and one reason alone. Let me quote RadicalFuzz:

"2) Me wanting to kill Alpha Night 1 isn't new, but you don't pin anything that happens to Alpha Night 1 on me unless it's bad. Vigi offed Alpha Night 1? I don't know, that doesn't necessarily make Fuzz the Vigi. Mafia killed Alpha Night 1? Welp, Fuzz must be Mafia."

This was a soft Sakura claim. I'd rather keep RadicalFuzz around for the next day phase and push the lynch hard. If he relents to the wagon, he's either Genin or Akatsuki. If he claims Sasuke or Naruto I won't believe it. But Sakura, I would buy it and let Akatsuki get the night kill on him.

Akatsuki: I'd be a little shooken up still after the Alpha protect but I would have gained confidence back with the Bious lynch. I'd go for an incriminating kill if I could. But who could I actually incriminate? Kaz and Chief is off the table if so. It'd be between Hecatom, ForgeDigger and Alpha.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:52 am »
Naru: It'd be one of the players people said was possible mastermind, as Co-Jones would have signed off on it. So Missing Person, Vynce, The Chief or RadicalFuzz. I'd strike RadicalFuzz from that list as it's possible Sasuke would put a hole in his chest. SO it'd come down to the other 3. Out of the 3 I'd probably investigate The Chief because it's possible he'd be on the hotseat going into day 3. So it covers an extra base.

Saku: Maybe Blindknagg? not sure.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2014, 03:04:22 am »
Naruto: Augustus - I agree with MP here - the unannounced vote change to save Fuzz even if ForgeDigger switched; it would not have been a no lynch because Chief already locked in

Sakura: edit: Hecatom.

Sasuke: Missing Person (his death would not be too detrimental at this point - he's provided enough to be civ mvp if he is right about everything and it would answer the question in the back of everyone's minds - is he pulling a fast one?) - if sakura protects MP with my vigi kill; I would claim vigi next day phase and explain why I went for his head and try to get him investigated the following night phase and not protected.

Madara: Chief (this guy is Sasuke or Naruto); I would stay away from killing MP and get people talking next day phase "why didn't they kill MP" and you can spin that 6 different ways; sure MP is building a civ army behind him, but keeping him alive would hopefully get his army wondering; plus it's better to off Naruto before he finds a guilty and at this point I don't think MP is Naruto.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 03:13:34 am by jasonC »

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2014, 05:08:58 am »
Chief is Naruto.

Vigi and Sak are up in the air.

Fuzz needs to go Alpha'a sig.

MP seems to be playing to his strengths, idiot savant reads, and bulldogging them down.

Role-less MP is Casual Souls Dark Souls 2.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2014, 05:11:34 am »
Having said that:

If, by some crazy chance everyone is wrong, and Fuzz simply Touched himself too much and got Dizzy as a civ, THEN they need to nuke chief and vynce asap.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2014, 06:01:27 am »
I love the action-packed write ups btw, PW.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2014, 06:50:53 am »
My write-ups have been pretty uninspired honestly : ( not my best work.

Also as a hint, chief is 100% not a role less civ. That's all I'll say.

Mafia is so close to killing sakura, but they're afraid sakura is protecting them (they don't think the kill is sakura they're trying to dodge the protect)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2014, 06:52:08 am »
Yea Fuzz is way too defensive.  No reason to talk about why MP's plan for the UC has flaws unless Fuzz wants the UC to do something different, but he isn't proposing anything other than "MP isn't always right".

It does make Fuzz look like he is floundering.

If Fuzz is civ he needs to take a step back and just ignore MP for a bit to check his emotions.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2014, 06:59:09 am »
Oh so chief is Sakura?  And mafia think chief is Sasuke?

Or

Vynce is sakura?

Lol just trying to avoid the protect....interesting.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2014, 07:01:07 am »
Augustus not buckling under pressure. Awesome.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2014, 08:00:23 am »
When you're mafia and your kill is protected, you really wanna make sure your next one doesn't get protected too. Its psychological, I suppose, but your next night kill is often played really safely.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2014, 08:52:04 am »
Mafia is so close to killing sakura, but they're afraid sakura is protecting them (they don't think the kill is sakura they're trying to dodge the protect)

All this says is that one of the scrappy pups is Sak.

So... MP or Fuzz.

Either way, Sak is not useless, this season.