June 25, 2017, 10:16:28 am

Author Topic: Mafia All Stars: Naruto! DATTEBAYO! Game Discussion thread  (Read 18400 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1467
Mafia All Stars: Naruto! DATTEBAYO! Game Discussion thread
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:56:46 am »
This is the thread where you all assert your superiority over the players for not noticing things you did, while ignoring all the stuff you missed that they saw

:coffee:
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +722
Re: Mafia All Stars: Naruto! DATTEBAYO! Game Discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:00:51 am »
Is it bad that I can react to posts in the game thread?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:09:39 am »
13 players

1. Missing Person
2. ForgeDigger
3. Blindknagg
4. RadicalFuzz
5. Bious
6. Augustus
7. The Co-Jones
8. The Chief
9. kaz
10. Vynce
11. TGG
12. AlphaCommando
13. Hecatom

Madara randomly chosen, but Madara HAS to choose Zetsu - who do you think each player would have chosen?  Then tally up the most popular Zetsu, and you could have a nice day 1 lynch off of statistics.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:19:31 am »
Unfortunately, we can't disable rates for non players in the game threads, so you just have to refrain from doing so unfortunately

Also, just to be clear, both Madara and Zetsu are chosen at random. Then Madara gets to choose one of the 3 powers, 2 which power up Zetsu, and a third which lets them recruit a new mafia of their choice (Tobi).

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 09:30:30 am »
Ah, I thought I read that differently in the SRK thread.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:40:27 am »
Choosing White Zetsu is interesting...let's you claim Medic at any point in the game.  It is almost the same as another recruit (extra life) AND you can role hunt medic (or eliminate who UC is not).

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 10:26:47 am »
It also gives you the ability to know who the medic is protecting, and avoid killing that person, assuming the medic is just chain protecting a specific person all game.

Black Zetsu lets you know when they've figured one of you out and do damage control, and also you can kill off all their investigated targets so you're not left end game with a bunch of cleared players

I tried to make those options enticing, because people always tend to go for the extra player

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 10:37:48 am »
White Zetsu also allows you to claim UC, reveal one of your fake investigation targets as one that the real Medic targeted that night, and then have the real medic believe and back up your role claim.   Interesting.

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~
  • Rated: +31
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 12:12:37 pm »
Subbed.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +93
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 12:25:13 pm »
I don't really get the abilities.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 01:00:13 pm »
I don't really get the abilities.

Which ones?  All of them?

Basically -
The civilian abilities are used at night.  The cop gets to find out if someone is civilian or mafia.  The medic gets to protect someone from death.  The vigilante gets to kill anyone he wants.

The mafia abilities, depending on which they choose, let them know who the cop investigated or who the medic protected.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 01:17:22 pm »
I meant the Akatsuki abilities. So there will always be 3 of their members? It's just a matter of what abilities they have?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 01:29:12 pm »
No, they have 2 members to start, Madara and Zetsu.

Then they get a bonus power.

Zetsu becomes White Zetsu, with new powers
Zetsu Becomes Black Zetsu, with new powers
Add Tobi as a new mafia member, bringing them to 3 people

So its either 2 people with powers, or 3 powerless people
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 05:45:41 pm »
RF said:
I'm trying a new style of playing without attempting to read anyone.

It's not new.  hue hue hue
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 06:35:15 pm »
Oh thanks pimp Willy.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX seems like he's trying to hard to be "Normal".

There is something off about Missing Person.

Alphacommando - " Mafia have a 1 in 10 or 11 chance of hitting the UC already, increase the chances by taking into account that this is an All-Star game and chances are our UC isn't living long anyway." <-- Who is going to call him on that?

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 07:21:49 pm »
I'm almost convinced Missing Person is either Akatsuki or Sasuke.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 07:41:53 pm »
I can't tell what he is just yet.  He doesn't appear to be Akatsuki, though.

The Co-Jones could be right about him being Sasuke initially.  Missing Person pushing a lynch on Co-Jones (whether he's Akatsuki or not) can save Missing Person from being night killed.  So yea...he could be civ-roled.

Or, he's just roleless, and trying to start off with a bang Day 1 and see who will bandwagon with him on Co-Jones.  This is probably what it is.  Co-Jones clamming up isn't indicative of him being dirty, but just what anyone would do.  MP will ride this Co-Jones lynch through to the next phase, and then use the bandwagon votes (or even those who stay away from the bandwagon vote) data to figure out who mafia is.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 08:19:40 pm »
@SoliloquyAside here is where it is

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 10:41:19 pm »
I can't tell what he is just yet.  He doesn't appear to be Akatsuki, though.

The Co-Jones could be right about him being Sasuke initially.  Missing Person pushing a lynch on Co-Jones (whether he's Akatsuki or not) can save Missing Person from being night killed.  So yea...he could be civ-roled.

Or, he's just roleless, and trying to start off with a bang Day 1 and see who will bandwagon with him on Co-Jones.  This is probably what it is.  Co-Jones clamming up isn't indicative of him being dirty, but just what anyone would do.  MP will ride this Co-Jones lynch through to the next phase, and then use the bandwagon votes (or even those who stay away from the bandwagon vote) data to figure out who mafia is.

What you said is true JasonC, but Missing Person could be doing the same thing if he's Akatsuki. He could be leading the charge as the "big Ninja Alliance voice" all the while leading them to their deaths. He even goes as far as to say that he's "90 percent sure Co-Jones is mafia" and pushing hard for him day 1. If  Co-Jones comes up as Ninja Alliance then Missing Person has much too easy of a cop out by saying he was wrong and going off of pre-game discussion.

Here's the question though, why is Missing Person using pre-game talk to lead his guts on day 1 in the all-star game with only 13 people? I can understand him trusting his gut, but the reasoning and how he's going about drumming up support is questionable.

Alternatively, if he's Sasuke he has no fear what so ever of dying unless Akatsuki kills him early. Even if he comes up for lynch he can claim Sasuke and get in his Chidori in that night and even call his target to confirm its him. From there the mafia's hand will be forced to kill him.

Missing Person could also be Naruto-kun and playing on the edge to avoid getting Madara'd at night. However, he'd still have to worry about Sasuke having a wild hair up his ass and trying to Chidori him.

It's possible that he's a genin and he's playing with his ears pinned back. But I don't think he'd exactly go this hard this fast, for these reasons.

Did Co-Jones say he thought Missing Person was Sasuke? I didn't see~ it.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 02:53:48 am »
It was from the sign up thread here:

http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,36.msg1306.html#msg1306

I don't believe Missing Person when he says he's 90 percent sure of Co-Jones being dirty - he's just looking for who would agree with him on it or call him out on it (or completely ignore him).  I do believe he is seeing who will bandwagon (or avoid talking about Co-Jones) with him.  It looks like Blindknagg said he also thinks The Co-Jones is dirty.  Hecatom hasn't said anything, Chief and Alpha are avoiding the subject.  You could also say Fuzz is trying to distract Missing Person away from the Co-Jones lynch.  I think Missing Person is paying attention to all these players right now.

Here's the question though, why is Missing Person using pre-game talk to lead his guts on day 1 in the all-star game with only 13 people? I can understand him trusting his gut, but the reasoning and how he's going about drumming up support is questionable.

This is why I think he is roleless.  In his first few posts, he name-dropped a bunch of players, looking for interaction.  Then later he basically @s them.  He's just stirring the pot which should be what roleless civs do and he's trying his best to get that going.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 03:09:19 am »
Now on the flip side - total Jesus Toast here is:

Co-Jones is Madara and Missing Person is White Zetsu.  Zetsu only gets the target info if alive.  What way to best stay alive other than leading the lynch on a mafia day 1?  If investigated, cop may think he's vigi and not out especially when MP is the one saying "if you find mafia, out."  After vigi dies, cop would out, but then MP can cc as cop.  Or if cop dies, oh well no LGs.  And MP can claim or counterclaim as medic if need be. 

Nah, now that I think about it - it's super unlikely - waaay too early for a play like that with all the civilian power roles alive.  Because an early counterclaim would be death if there were available mislynches.  and that would suck as the one mafia who sacrificed the other.  Also, I don't think Co-Jones would have agreed to that plan lol.

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 06:15:54 am »
Now on the flip side - total Jesus Toast here is:

Co-Jones is Madara and Missing Person is White Zetsu.  Zetsu only gets the target info if alive.  What way to best stay alive other than leading the lynch on a mafia day 1?  If investigated, cop may think he's vigi and not out especially when MP is the one saying "if you find mafia, out."  After vigi dies, cop would out, but then MP can cc as cop.  Or if cop dies, oh well no LGs.  And MP can claim or counterclaim as medic if need be. 

Nah, now that I think about it - it's super unlikely - waaay too early for a play like that with all the civilian power roles alive.  Because an early counterclaim would be death if there were available mislynches.  and that would suck as the one mafia who sacrificed the other.  Also, I don't think Co-Jones would have agreed to that plan lol.

It IS something that Missing Person might do though. Especially in a high stakes situation. All Star egos all around.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 06:35:49 am »
I'm going with MP being civ for right now.

and I've been getting this message lately:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 06:50:11 am »
I'm going with MP being civ for right now.

and I've been getting this message lately:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Oh, I am aware of MP's modus operandi as being a double-barrelled scatter gun, held with an itchy trigger finger.

I've seen him act similar before though, as Mafia.

He's 45/55 m/c, to me, for now.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 07:11:44 am »
Right now I think Hecatom is mafia lol.  Or has a role at least.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 08:04:45 am »
Right now I think Hecatom is mafia lol.  Or has a role at least.

The funny thing about Hecatom is, he is the exact opposite of MP (and myself), in playstyle.

He will wallflower like a fiend, before scurrying up to the plate, right before the deadline.

Vynce is being water, per usual.

And BJ is doing his day one Batman thing, perching up high, then swooping down with a few solid posts, close to the deadline.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:06:02 am by SoliloquyAside »

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 08:12:31 am »
I agree with what you said about Batman.

Hecatom - I dunno.  In the game he GMed, he saw how effective super wallflowering was, so he could be trying that playstyle out.  I am interested to see if he will stay quiet this day phase and just put in a vote at the end without much (or any) explanation.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 10:54:15 am »
Augustus LOL.  I love his posting style.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 12:14:22 pm »
Who would be all your guys day 1 lynch?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 01:14:05 pm »
kaz or Vynce - because they are at the top of my list who I think is Tobi.

If I had to pick - I'd go with kaz.  I only had one game with him but I thought he was more active on Day 1.  But the MP lynch that game may have made him rethink his opening.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 01:31:29 pm »
kaz said:
This might sound odd that I'm asking, but Chief is there anyone on your radar at this point?

Signaling to MP? lol

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 03:09:08 pm »

I don't believe Missing Person when he says he's 90 percent sure of Co-Jones being dirty - he's just looking for who would agree with him on it or call him out on it (or completely ignore him).  I do believe he is seeing who will bandwagon (or avoid talking about Co-Jones) with him.  It looks like Blindknagg said he also thinks The Co-Jones is dirty.  Hecatom hasn't said anything, Chief and Alpha are avoiding the subject.  You could also say Fuzz is trying to distract Missing Person away from the Co-Jones lynch.  I think Missing Person is paying attention to all these players right now.

This is why I think he is roleless.  In his first few posts, he name-dropped a bunch of players, looking for interaction.  Then later he basically @s them.  He's just stirring the pot which should be what roleless civs do and he's trying his best to get that going.

These are strong points for him being NA. I think it's possible that he's just trying to get a feeler early game as NA, but it is THE all star game. Is it uncommon for Missing Person to @ people?

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 03:34:20 pm »

Hmm hmm hmm, good question!

If Akatsuki:

Whoever I think might have an ability.

If Genin:

Whoever I think is mafia.

If Sakura:

Me or who I want to protect at dusk night

If 6th Hokage:

No idea! Scary position to be in.

If Sasuke:

Probably someone I wouldn't mind killing.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 05:12:21 pm »

I think kaz is a safe bet.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 06:10:00 pm »

These are strong points for him being NA. I think it's possible that he's just trying to get a feeler early game as NA, but it is THE all star game. Is it uncommon for Missing Person to @ people?

What does NA stand for? 

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 06:41:39 pm »
Ninja Alliance, the good guys in the Naruto manga who eventually come together to fight against Akatsuki/Madara. In this case civilians are Ninja Alliance. Genin are civilians without special abilities.

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 07:09:14 pm »

Why do you think Kaz is a safe target?

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 07:27:00 pm »

Why do you think Kaz is a safe target?

Something in his tone, having seen him play before.

That, and it has never, to my knowledge, ever been a BAD play, getting rid of him.

But when he's a bad guy, bad shit can happen.

Kaz getting offed in the opening credits is safe play.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:46:26 pm by SoliloquyAside »

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 07:38:36 pm »
'Dat MP vs Fuzz back-and-forth going down now, lol.

I'm half of a mind to say they are BOTH mafia, and that one of them is Tobi, and that they are making a suicide sacrifice for the greater genocide.

Fuzz going in on MP's fast and loose play is one thing, but unless I've just been out of the loop too long, I've never seen him go in that hard on a personal level.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 09:45:08 pm »
@The-Co-Jones Welcome to the spectators lounge

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2014, 11:19:07 pm »
Wow! Akatsuki on day 1. Dusk 1 should be interesting. Smart money is on Sakura protecting Missing Person. Is it a long con set-up? Or is Missing Person just on fire.
 This line here stuck out~

"Quite frankly, if this shit's going to be par for the course, I'm done.  I'll retire from mafia after this game." -Missing Person

In the event that Missing Person is Akatsuki what is their plan after this opening gambit? Chances are if Naruto investigated him either dusk 1 or dusk 2 the results would get botched since the impressive display on day 1. But how would Missing Person, and the other mafia, spin that into long term survival?

Co-Jones turning up mafia would make me want to vote RadicalFuzz if I was playing. Also, Bious no-vote was weird. Does he usually do stuff like that?

@Pimp Willy if Sakura protects Naruto, will Narutos friendship results be botched? Or does he get a result?

Oh! And I won't be surprised in the least if Blindknagg dies tonight.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2014, 03:01:33 am »
From what I read, Naruto's friendship gets botched if he gets protected.

Co-Jones turning up dirty was surprising lol.  Long con set-up possibility percentage went up - but not that much.
I feel like MP says he'll retire after every game, so I don't know what to make of it.

MP putting up that suspect list may be signaling Sakura to protect Blindnagg, if not himself.

If I were mafia, I'd kill off one of the non-voters actually.

If indeed MP is setting up a civ voice as mafia, he's banking on sakura protecting him and probably one person on his list is neutral; and they definitely picked a 2nd recruit (otherwise plan is too risky).  I can't see this being a good plan still....not with the UC alive and not knowing UC or medic's targets.  So no, I'm still leaning MP being clean.  Just too ballsy of an opening mafia play (with pre-game setup!).

If I were vigi - I'd shoot someone for laughs lol.  Probably Hecatom or the Chief at this point...probably Chief - if TCJ had to pick Tobi, I think he'd pick Chief.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 03:08:23 am »
Actually...I think Chief might be vigi...because of this:

I am actually working backwards. Marking people off of my list instead of adding to my list.

Vynce clean until otherwise noted.

As of late I have  moved away from posting  a list of names because it tends to give mafia a status update of how well they are doing. This game I'll be employing the strategy of  adding fuel to fires  worth keeping alive.

While I hinted that Fuzz is likely clean, he does need to squirm a bit more.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 03:08:58 am »
and he didn't vote because he "lost track of time"  or was concentrating on the deadline for his night kill

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 05:08:28 am »
I think your theory on Chief is pretty fucking solid, jason.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:16:33 am by SoliloquyAside »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~
  • Rated: +31
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 07:07:17 am »
Augustus is pretty funny.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 09:26:09 am »
So, what do you think about this turn of events?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2014, 10:26:00 am »
On tapatalk, I can't browse to the losers lounge.. I just figured out I have to go to my participated threads to access it.

I guess Sakura read Alpha as UC with all that talk of proposing a plan for the UC.  But I guess mafia read that too.  So yea, because they tried to kill alpha for that reason, that makes MP more civ because MP said alpha is just doing his usual thing of voting Fuzz and talking mechanics day 1 (which I agree with)

Vigi is patient...still could be anyone... MP less likely to be vigi now...

Heca is getting into it now.  Not really saying anything memorable though.

Tobi was definitely recruited.

Kaz looks clean for reluctantly voting tcj....if mafia, very smart, but didn't expect like 4 non votes

Same for BK

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2014, 10:44:59 am »
Actually if Sakura protects Naruto, he can't investigate, so if Sakura thought AC was Naruto, protecting him would be bad