October 17, 2017, 05:04:58 pm

Author Topic: All Star Mafia Thread: Akatsuki Chat  (Read 14690 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
All Star Mafia Thread: Akatsuki Chat
« on: November 15, 2014, 10:58:00 am »
Welcome to the Mafia all Stars!

Your fearless leader, playing Madara, is

@RadicalFuzz

Your Second in command, playing Zetsu, is

@The-Co-Jones

So RadicalFuzz, you have a choice to make between your 3 starting powers

Choice of power

Extra Recruit (Tobi), choice of player to recruit
Receive UC target each night while Zetsu is alive (Black Zetsu)
Receive Medic Target each night while Zetsu is alive (White Zetsu)

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Re: All Star Mafia Thread: Akatsuki Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:10:01 am »
Tcj,  fuzz has yet to respond to my PMs or emails. If he doesn't make a choice soon its gonna be your call which power up you guys take
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:21:56 am »
Sorry, been dying of sinuses the last few days. Give me a few minutes to look at the roster, but I'm leaning towards recruitment at the moment.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 09:28:42 am »
Okay, I've made my decision. I'm going to recruit ForgeDigger as our third Akatsuki member.

I don't like those "get information while X is still alive" over recruitment because the majority of the usefulness from the information is finding out the role only to kill that person and then stop getting information.

And now because I'm sick as a dog I'm going to spend like two hours today playing a Naruto game and only using Madara, Tobi, and (third Akatsuki because Zetsu is never playable for some reason)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 09:35:14 am »
Awesome, Im just happy that you showed up in time :tup:

I will add forge to the mafia list

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 09:36:22 am »
@ForgeDigger aka Tobi, welcome to the Mafia

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 09:36:58 am »
TOBI'S A GOOD BOY

I don't remember what that's from at all, but I remember laughing my ass off the past few years because of it.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 10:09:04 am »
Oh, and nuances of Mafia on this site specifically:

1) Make sure you're posting in this thread if you're making a PM post, the layout isn't like a PM it's exactly like the game thread. Don't pull a MP
2) I don't believe that reacting to posts in here gives the person extra points, or it didn't during the mock game. Pimp do you remember either way?

General strategy:
Don't bring up pointless day 1 conversations like "so do you think the Mafia recruited" or "What would they do if they got Black/White Zetsu for results" the risk/reward isn't worth it. Even if you look only slightly more suspicious there's no gain. Civilians don't get sidetracked and it doesn't help us.

Here's how I think we should divvy up our unofficial roles for posting in the thread:

RadicalFuzz - Loud man, is working hard to find the Mafia. And I'm going to legitimately be trying to find Mafia, so if you make a mistake that I think people are going to pick up on anyway imma throw you under the bus like it ain't no thang, assuming I'm not a dead man walking at that point anyway. Not trying to be mean or intimidating, just letting you know that if I see something that I should see as dirty I'm going to say it's dirty. I probably shouldn't live to end-game, I should be lynched before then for my lack of usefulness as civ and reputation of bringing it around as Mafia, even if it was only once. If I'm still alive on Day 3 but are being looked at with moderate suspicion, then we'll coordinate a way for you two to lynch me. We'll discuss a bad post for me to make, one of you two (likely Jones if he goes the route I specified below) will call me on it, and you'll have lynched the Godfather.

Mr. Jones - Moderate poster, but insightful when he does speak. Your job is to post more than a wallflower but less than a top contributor. However, the most important part of this role is that nearly everything you say must be insightful. You can make a joke, but every post should have something at least mildly thought-provoking in it. The hard part of this role is avoiding traps like the ones I stated above "Do you think Mafia recruited". Those specific questions have a time and a place, however. If I get lynched and revealed as the Godfather, you're the one who says "Well, he always said he'd prefer recruitment in any circumstance before, do you guys think that was a bluff?". You'd be surprised what you can get away with saying if you're saying it the right way at the right time.

Madame Digger - You have choices. You could be refreshing in the thread, not necessarily chipper, but a bit optimistic when things go wrong. You could be the "comic relief" of sorts where you break up tension through humorous and/or witty observations. Both of those choices have holes, however. Optimism in the face of a dead UC & Medic is suspicious. Jokes when it's Lynch or Lose are suspicious. Whatever you choose to do, it'll be walking a tightrope of sorts, a balancing act that Jones and I don't necessarily have to go through.

All of us should ask for help or advice if we think there'll be a problem with a player down the line, if a player suspects one of us, if you think someone is acting like they have a role, anything. The worst thing we can do is act like the others don't exist within the context of this PM. If we don't use this PM then it's 3 bad civilians versus 9 good ones.

One of the most dangerous things the Mafia can do is let the thread be silent. Yes it's good, but some players will see that you're allowing the silence, which looks immensely bad. If the thread is quiet prod them to discuss something, it looks very good and better yet, rarely works. Super easy good guy points.

When the game starts, think of yourselves as civilians. And if that mental state leads to "Oh, he looks dirty" then say it if it fits your profile for the game.

Whoever survives into late-game will have the hardest time because of the profiles that we're working. Jones will have to speak up more while still remaining insightful, and Forge will have to contribute more because there are fewer civilians but the transition will be a slippery slope, especially depending on who's left alive at that point in time and what's happened in the game.

There will be players attempting to trap us during the game. Usually the traps themselves aren't that dangerous, but our reaction to them is significantly more deadly. Getting caught in making a bad decision is just making a bad decision, but if someone who gets caught gets flushed and starts backpedaling really fast, the civ who laid the trap will follow it like a shark who smelled blood. We can use this as Mafia, try to trap some of the less comfortable civs, but either way we should be aware of any traps in the thread so we don't fall into them. Ideally another civ falls into a trap and we tip the bandwagon, not first but not last, while we laugh our asses off in here.

Alright, I think that covers about everything I want to say at the moment. If either of you have anything you wanna add, any ideas you wanna throw around, feel free. I look forward to working with you guys :tup:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 10:56:39 am »
It does give points if you react actually

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 10:57:49 am »
That's interesting. Thanks for the info.

First rule of Mafia Club. Never react to posts.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 10:58:50 am »
Hello there. Thanks for inviting me to the red cloud club, it's an honor. Lol

In all seriousness, I like Fuzz's outline and all, but if you're really gonna go for the w here I think it's best not to try to be something, at least not too much. You ever see the 2nd sherlock movie with RDJ? The one where they can find the assassin because he was too consumed by his faade to react normally to a spontaneous event? I feel like we're also prone to this error.

I realize that it's hard to play the game without thinking you're not mafia when you are, but I do think it's important to try to be yourself as if you weren't mafia and as if you had no idea what you look like to anyone else.

To that end, I think it's perfectly okay to discuss game mechanics instead of lynch targets day one. Although being the first to talk about them isn't the best idea, but if the town starts mentioning them adding steam to that could potentially work in our favor like it did for the mafia in the Attack on Titan game. If people become so caught up in the discussion of game mechanics, they won't look at people so much because of their divide attention.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I wanna see if I can make an activity tracker for this site to try and snuff out Naruto amf Sakura. I have a feeling it won't work out so well though. I'm not sure there's a Last Active field on JTM.
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 11:13:16 am »
Gotcha, that's good to keep in mind.

I'm not of the belief that heavily discussing game mechanics in this game would be very useful for either side, but if you think so then you would've thought so as a civ which means it won't be suspicious to discuss them in the game. If that makes any sense.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 11:23:58 am »
That's my point, yeah.
かえるおねがい!

c:

The-Co-Jones

• Not a mindless drone...
  • Moldy Toast
  • Hyper Sodium Toast
  • Rated: +5
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 08:26:58 am »
I'm a hitch onto the civs like a worm and cause confusion, but fuzz has a point.

I'll post occasionally but not too little to appear mafia and too much to the point that I'm speaking fluff.
When I see a quote worth taking, it'll end up here.

Where's the obligatory yaoi bious & fuzz writeup?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 11:15:01 am »
Good stuff. We ready for this.
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 11:34:58 am »
kaz seems paranoid imo. May be a role.
かえるおねがい!

c:

The-Co-Jones

• Moldy Toast
  • Hyper Sodium Toast
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 12:19:16 pm »
Right now, it appears that the most cautious people here are MP and Kaz.

I feel that we need to push for an MP lynch, but not yet.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 02:04:17 pm »
Shit. I just realized that between me, Alpha, and TGG that's already 3 votes Day 1. Bad news is that's 3/13. Good news is that's just under a quarter and it'll be considerably harder for me to get voted off Day 2 without doing something stupid. Going to bring up a fact that should get MP to vote for me for silly reasons, I think I can survive with 4 initial votes so long as I don't do anything else to put votes on me.

I don't feel like MP is cautious per se, but he's going to be paying close attention to everything for sure. Maybe cautious but not hesitant would be a better way for me to say it, I dunno. He's definitely going to be on your ass Co-Jones, but hopefully that'll make him tunnel vision and have no idea what to do if you die and/or he doubts himself again like with kaz.

In a game this small Naruto is the biggest threat by far. No Last Gasps will help mitigate him if he dies lategame but he's still more significant than Sakura and Sasuke in that the worst case scenario is him picking the same target as Medic or picking someone who died that night, as opposed to Sasuke killing Naruto/Sakura. So we should target Naruto ASAP. I see what you mean about kaz acting like he has a role, so until something changes I say we kill him. He's a hit-and-miss player with his reads, so it might not be the best play possible, but my goal is to kill the player who has the highest chance of being Naruto. If we miss and hit another role then it's still better than killing a generic strong player in my opinion.

@Pimp Willy can Medic self-protect? Are there any limitations on Medic targets? And just to be extremely clear, how will Naruto's result get messed up by Medic protection? If he gets protected will he get the same "Unknown" as if his target was protected?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 02:07:11 pm »
Jones, one thing you can mention that isn't unrealistic is that he's jumping super hard on nothing. It literally has "lel" at the end, it clearly wasn't a serious post. Hell, I know you're Mafia but I'd still try to find a better reason to vote you than that lol

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 02:09:30 pm »
Medic can protect anybody except themselves, no restrictions otherwise. If Naruto is protected, or narutos target is protected, he will get an inconclusive either way. No difference between the two so he wont know which it is.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 02:41:06 pm »
Thanks for the response.

Start thinking about Alpha's plan guys. He might be trying to bait a yay/nay from people to get info also.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 03:06:43 pm »
Eyo Pimp, can we vote in here too?

Lynch MYSELF BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 03:12:15 pm »
Yeah I will count votes in here thats fine

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 06:16:16 pm »
Okay then Pimp, I vote to lynch myself. Gotta start working off this debt.

Also guys, for reference this is what Alpha added to MP's quote:

는   버건디입니까?

He had mentioned having code issues before. The portion that was turned into this was MP's Taptalk sig, presumably. It says "I is Ron Burgundy" in Korean. It appears to be the computer corrupting Korean somehow, a Google search of the symbols turns up a Korean page. Just documenting it here in case it means something.

Co-Jones, just let MP and Alpha and/or MP & someone else duke it out for a bit. Worst comes to worst and I'm getting lynched I can get in a big bitchfest with Missing Person about something completely retarded and pass it off as Mafia getting lynched trolling the town, and then he'll forget about you because he's having an migraine at my stupidity.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 08:06:06 pm »
The plan, it has backfired! I am having the migraine at his stupidity!

I hate him so much right now, but this giant misunderstanding is over and as he says I've wiggled off the hook. I'm going to rant about this for the first few pages once the game ends.

Pimp Willy, when I die, can I be "Madorka Uchica" instead of Madora Uchica? I don't know why I want to, it just seems like it'd be more fun lol

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »
Lol wtf

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 08:59:01 pm »
I checked before the game started, MP has always had "I is Ron Burgundy" in Korean as his sig.

Also bravo at deflecting not one but 2 suspicions, Fuzz.
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 07:12:52 am »
I wasn't even trying to deflect suspicion lol, I was just super sad that TGG took me out of context and got angry, and super mad that MP took me out of context and blamed it on me. Also TGG is probably still voting for me, which is kinda funny.

Guess it's just Australian Korean then. Weird.

Going to try to get Alpha to talk about how dirty Bious is and be neutral on TGG. Hopefully he'll take up the flag and carry this lynch by saying Bious is dirty. Also going to remind everyone that Hecatom hasn't said anything yet & going to back off BK.

Pimp it's just a fun little joke I made up the other day. Madara's actually just kind of a wimpy nerd who was bullied in high school and all the ninja jocks called him "Madorka Uchica" ("Uchica" as in "uuu-chica") so now it haunts him to this day.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 09:35:47 am »
I think I'm gonna start putting suspicion on Jones. He does look dirty, and, Tbh, he'll probably be the lynch today. I don't want to seem like someone who just jumped on the bandwagon.

Then again, I also don't want to through TCJ under the bus so heartlessly. But it is what I would do if I were civ. Sorry buddy.
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 10:38:15 am »
I'm locked on myself, obviously, but I'm trying to get people talking about Bious as MUCH as possible. Hopefully between Alpha's legitimate vote and Augustus' weird one some people may switch. I can probably push it a decent amount by being confused and not having to and/or being unable to change my vote. We don't have to write off lynching a civilian yet, we still have some time.

It'd also be really nice if either Bious or Hecatom posted something very poorly worded, there'd be very few reservations about them getting lynched and that would move the light from us.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 10:38:47 am »
"Alpha's legitimate vote" being that he thinks Bious is dirty, he's still voting for me Day 1.

The-Co-Jones

• Moldy Toast
  • Hyper Sodium Toast
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 03:35:54 pm »
There's one solid way of clearing fuzz and forge.

Throw me under the bus. By doing so, I could place a lynch vote on either fuzz or forge and it'll make it look as if I'm planning to kill one of the two of you.

Unless I we can try and sway a vote to TGG or Augustus. By implying that they are civilian looking, we could argue that they are likely mafia in disguise and wish to skate by.

The-Co-Jones

• Moldy Toast
  • Hyper Sodium Toast
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 03:37:29 pm »
@Pimp Willy could you tell us how the vote tally is at the moment?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 03:39:08 pm »
Nope, Vote Tally is private

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 03:45:30 pm »
My god this thread is a mess.
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 03:59:37 pm »
What we COULD do is follow MP's plan and have it all turn to shit once Chief ends up civ. Avoid killing MP and have him look like the third Mafia who had a ballsy plan for Day 1. I'm down for it if you two are.

Jones, I'd rather not do that if we can avoid it.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »
lol at Chief getting dragged into this though, that was the most unfortunate of exchanges for him.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 04:20:33 pm »
Trying to push to Augs or TGG probably wouldn't work, at least this late. Several people have independent civilian reads on them, or enough of a read for Day 1, so that's several holdouts when votes are already tight as it is. If you're getting voted out please don't vote me, I'm probably only one behind you anyway lol, and don't vote Forge because you haven't even acknowledged her existence in the game. It would look like a Mafia thing, you know? If you have to vote for someone then vote for either MP, and Forge and/or I can toast it up later, or vote for Bious. The Bious vote would supposedly be for the same reason as your Forge vote, to make it appear as if he's no friend of the Mafia. Again, one of us can toast it all up if the civs don't latch on first.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 05:11:37 pm »
*agree but not hitting the button cause I'm afraid you'll be revealed to the world*
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 05:12:03 pm »
@Pimp Willy will votes be tallied in the order they were received?
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 05:14:11 pm »
Nope, in alphabetical order

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2014, 05:20:03 pm »
*lol*

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 05:34:16 pm »
*like*
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2014, 06:30:51 pm »
Shit. This is an awkward pickle I'm in. lol
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2014, 06:32:15 pm »
Sorry, I was hoping that MP would come in, yell a lot, and say how you were really clean. Sorry, didn't think it would backfire.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »
Nvm fixed it.

You didn't choose TCJ, did you Fuzz?
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2014, 06:37:21 pm »
And no no, that's not what I meant. I meant about the rules. If I said the rules are one way, it's because I know they're one way. I'm trying to flip that onto MP though.

When it flips the other way around though MP's gonna look super clean. >.<

Unless everyone thinks like Vynce says and feigning misunderstanding is easy and doesn't clear anything.
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2014, 06:49:52 pm »
No, I'm locked onto myself.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2014, 09:02:04 pm »
Forge, I don't think you voted?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2014, 09:07:29 pm »
No, I thought it was due tomorrow at 11 AM.

Dammit... >.<
かえるおねがい!

c: