August 18, 2017, 06:27:07 pm

Author Topic: To-do list: Add shit you think we need  (Read 32240 times)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1895
Re: To-do list: Add shit you think we need
« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2015, 02:34:24 am »
Can we increase the number of people with access to the Spam Defender permissions?

Oh yeah. I had that, then I think Pimp pressed something and I didn't have it any more.

Enjoy your spambots, faglords.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +781
« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2015, 04:14:51 am »
Okay, please make me a spam battler because these fuck knuckles are driving me insane.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1397
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2015, 06:20:42 am »
I think it'll be time to add more spam defenders later.

And fix the permission set so that spam defenders can delete posts in threads that are NOT in the game threads board, since the bots gained sentience and started posted in valid threads witht heir bullshit.
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2015, 07:03:18 am »
Well, at the moment we've got four. Alpha and I have the timezone offset covered but we could probably use one or two more.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1501
« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2015, 04:09:55 pm »
What we really need to do, is find a way to put tighter restrictions on registration so that bots can't beat them so easily. A better captcha system
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2015, 05:29:30 pm »
The only sites not getting inundated by spam are sites that just require invites or verification.

Captcha doesn't help because bots are designed to brute force them and remember how to crack them.

We may have to be restrictive on who signs up. Which given the state of this game may inherently not be a bad idea.

Sent from my LG-F500K using Tapatalk

"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2015, 05:41:24 pm »
We may have to be restrictive on who signs up. Which given the state of this game may inherently not be a bad idea.

We already have trouble filling games and getting alts. We can't afford to be restrictive.
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2015, 05:43:55 pm »
We already have trouble filling games and getting alts. We can't afford to be restrictive.
Well if Scott Howard plays here again, I'm legit done. This faggot is Icege 2.0.

He 1000% isn't playing my Christmas game. But if gets in on other people's games, I would legit be out. That's how fucking terrible a person he is.

Sent from my LG-F500K using Tapatalk

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2015, 06:22:29 pm »
Ah fuck, has our license expired for the rating system? If so, I'll go renew it @Pimp Willy.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #259 on: October 31, 2015, 06:24:53 pm »
Umm I don't think it was annual was it? I'm on Tapatalk right now is it not working?

Wait I think we had like a 1 year license to get updates and stuff, right? But not really necessary to license again?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 09:12:04 pm by Pimp Willy »

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #260 on: November 28, 2015, 09:45:48 pm »
I changed some settings, can you guys rate posts again?
  • Like x 1    Dislike x 2    Agree x 1    Disagree x 2    WTF x 2    Insightful x 1    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty x 2    Toogs x 1 (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2015, 10:04:03 pm »
Yep, they're all working.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2016, 09:12:05 pm »
@Pimp Willy and maybe @ForgeDigger, getting into some turbo-nerd hypercoding territory here, thinking of ways to automate as much of the running a Mafia game process as possible. Would it be possible for Vote Bot to:

-Post an end phase message after a timer expires?
-Start a thread at a specified time?
-Count the votes at the end of the phase and post who got lynched?
-Store roles against player names?
-Post the role stored against the player lynched/killed?
-Collect the Night Kill sent in by Mafia? (theoretically should follow the same format as [ v ] [ / v ])
-Post an action from one thread into another (e.g. Mafia Night Kill from the Mafia thread to the Game thread)
-Post the player list minus any dead players?
-Make some if statements for basic roles like UC, Medic, Enforcer? (e.g. if not enforced, return team of player investigated)
-Add players from a sign-up thread (using a similar [ v ] [ / v ] format) to a player list when the game is created?
-Randomly assign roles to players?
-Add players with specific roles to a hidden thread?

Depending on how much can be automated, we could essentially have Vote Bot running minigames with basic roles pretty consistently while real games are still being designed, or just have Vote Bot do the basics in a real game.

tl;dr How powerful is Vote Bot?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:25:15 pm by ✰Alpha✰ »

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #263 on: July 21, 2016, 02:33:57 pm »
All of that is possible, but its also a lot of work and a lot of bugs to iron out. What you're asking for is an AI smart enough to run a game of mafia. This was something we had discussed in the past, that I never really felt like spending my time doing. There are plenty of services that do this already, including like town of salem, so what benefit would it really be to have it in forum format?

Now, maybe somebody has open sourced something similar we could look at and play with, I dunno
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)