February 25, 2018, 03:33:36 pm

Author Topic: So what else is going on?  (Read 284783 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1526
Re: So what else is going on?
« Reply #3850 on: June 29, 2017, 12:37:17 pm »
Heres what happened since yesterday.

Wake up, talk with the new company, get the offer (5k less than Im making now). Email back asking questions (start date, how long I have to accept, etc). Contacted my old Manager, and saw that he was now at Adobe. He tells me he may have some really exciting opportunities for me, where I could work remote. When I informed him of my offer, he basically says "Well I can offer you 100% work remotely and way more salary." But then didn't hear back after that. Disney says they are slowed down and wont begin my next process until next week at the earliest.

Tell my manager at IBM that I am leaving for outside opportunities. Put in my official 2 weeks notice. Talk with another old manager, who basically is with a bunch of my old coworkers at a new company, doing updated versions of everything I've been working on for 8 years: right up my alley. Make plans to talk with them, they say I can work fully remote if I work there.

Talk with Blizzard. Was really awesome, their phone service is narrated by Deckard Cain, explain the situation and how I have an offer waiting, but I am really intrigued by the opportunity at Blizzard because it would be a dream company to work for. She says it may help push it through faster.

Talk with the original company I got the offer from, they asked why I was curious about how long I had to sign, I explained how I had other opportunities I was still exploring and while I really liked their company, these were kind of possibilities that were unique. He asked if there was anything they can do with the offer package to make me accept right away. I told him I liked what they were offering, but that Disney is Disney, the other company was offering me tons more money, and that I didn't expect them to be able to match that offer. He again asks if theres anything he can do to make me sign right now... so I asked if he could match my current salary. Its end of day for him so he says he will see what he can do, but if he can get that match would I be willing to sign right away? I say yes.

Phew. Sit on it all night, agonizing. Do I take the safe, but also pretty awesome opportunity that is right there, or do I hold out for potential bigger payout? Am I selling myself short? One of my friends thinks so, that I am in demand and I can get more. But I just got done going through weeks of failed interviews, so its not as easy. With kids and a family, I dont think I have the luxury to really get greedy. The only bad choice I can make is to hold out and then end up with nothing. Mentally plan to take the offer even if they can't match.

Next day, the other company that wants me to work remote contacts me. Says theres no immediate position for me, but would like to consider me for full time down the road, or as a consultant in the next few months if they manage to acquire Home Depot. Home Depot, for what its worth, is a current customer of mine at IBM that is looking for a new solution, and is possibly migrating to this other company. They are trying to negotiate gaining the source code, and if they can do that I might have a good shot at consulting for them to get things going. Anyway, its clear they're not going to move at a pace to counter the existing offer.

Talk with the guy offering me the position, he says they agreed to match my salary that I am making now (5k increase from the original offer). I agree that this works for me, and that I will honor my word, and have just signed and sent in my acceptance letter.

So, looks like my fate is sealed. Im excited, but now may have to live with the regret of what could have been.

Technically I start on the 23rd (negotiated to start after Evo weekend since Im going for sat/sunday this year) so I have some time, but its pretty shitty to back out after signing the offer letter, even if its completely legal.

So yeah. Been a big week for me.
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #3851 on: June 29, 2017, 12:44:10 pm »
What an adventure. It's always a gamble in your position. It's hard to choose safer over what could be, but I don't think either option was horrible for you. All in all, it seems you're in a great spot
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3852 on: June 29, 2017, 02:04:29 pm »
Yeah, there was no wrong choice, and I think it worked out nicely
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1971
« Reply #3853 on: June 29, 2017, 03:00:35 pm »
Goddamn. Adobe sounds like it would've been perfect if they weren't lazy shits. How long is the contract you signed for?
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3854 on: June 29, 2017, 03:07:32 pm »
Theres no length, and its legal to leave at any time due to employement laws. Its just a shitty thing to do. It wasn't really lazy, its just my old boss got a new job there, and when I contacted him he was like "oh shit, this is perfect for you" but you know, they're not gonna match something that was going for 2 weeks+ already in speed, of course. It just happened to come in at the wrong time lol
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:10:15 pm by Pimp Willy »

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3855 on: June 29, 2017, 06:12:25 pm »
Oh right. In that case, go for the interviews anyway and be a shitty person if you get one of the better offers. :tup:
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3856 on: June 29, 2017, 08:18:36 pm »
Im only that shitty in Mafia Games
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1415
« Reply #3857 on: July 03, 2017, 01:41:18 pm »
Im only that shitty in Mafia Games

This makes everything hard to believe.

Vote Registered For Pimp Willy
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3858 on: July 04, 2017, 12:39:35 pm »
Happy 4th. Blow some shit up, but not your hands.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
  • Rated: +62
« Reply #3859 on: July 04, 2017, 08:25:51 pm »
Happy 4th you filthy animals. Spending mine poolside with homemade carne asada, burgers, and a billion other grilled meats while watching Vegas light up from the mountain side
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3860 on: July 05, 2017, 11:34:16 am »

or for better resolution (but no auto embedding)

http://i.imgur.com/PzBjUe7.gifv
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
« Reply #3861 on: July 05, 2017, 11:43:03 am »
That's awesome.

Local fireworks with some crazy mexican friends are the best. Except when someone screws up and puts one in upside down, shoots shit all over the place and catches the neighbors yard on fire. Made for a great show though.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3862 on: July 05, 2017, 11:47:33 am »
I only saw stuff driving through the city last night. It was kinda pretty; the city lights and fireworks to make them pop out

The baseball stadium that borders my apartment shoots fireworks after every game, which just happened to be yesterday too. Unfortunately I can't see them from my room, only hear them.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #3863 on: July 06, 2017, 07:00:00 pm »
Happy 4th. Blow some shit up, but not your hands.

Probably why we don't hear of toogs playing mafia anymore.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3864 on: July 07, 2017, 08:37:43 am »
Family got a pupper. He's adorable and it sucks being 5 hours away :c
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3865 on: July 07, 2017, 05:13:32 pm »

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3866 on: July 17, 2017, 11:26:47 am »
What do you guys think are the most important things when looking for an apartment?
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3867 on: July 17, 2017, 02:37:45 pm »
What do you guys think are the most important things when looking for an apartment?

LoL ping.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3868 on: July 17, 2017, 02:39:04 pm »
That's highest on the list, of course
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3869 on: July 17, 2017, 02:43:03 pm »
That's highest on the list, of course
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3870 on: July 18, 2017, 06:38:35 pm »
Pledged to invest 2,500 on fig.co for fantasy strike today, I played it at the PSX experience last december, and last weekend at evo, and it was night and day in graphics; and they still have more improvement coming. I think I can make my money back easy on that one. Monique got mad at me though, lol. Oh well. I think its a decent investment. 110k copies sold to make my money back, 220k copies sold to double my money to 5k. Thats so easy to hit.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3871 on: July 18, 2017, 09:54:28 pm »
Nothing sells better than fighting games. kappa

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3872 on: July 18, 2017, 10:38:32 pm »
Haha, well I like the niche they're filling. I think it will be solid.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +799
« Reply #3873 on: July 19, 2017, 01:51:35 am »

Water rating on appliances, frequency of pest exterminator visits (if there's been a lot in a short period of time, something wrong), proximity to roads, stadiums or other noisy precincts, socioeconomic status of the area, shopping accessibility, heating/cooling options.
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3874 on: July 19, 2017, 05:48:55 am »
Water rating on appliances, frequency of pest exterminator visits (if there's been a lot in a short period of time, something wrong), proximity to roads, stadiums or other noisy precincts, socioeconomic status of the area, shopping accessibility, heating/cooling options.

Nah fuck all this. Just go around to different areas with Tinder up and see how many hot bitches are in your area and READY TO FUCK NOW.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3875 on: July 19, 2017, 07:20:15 am »
If I could give you all of the ratings, I would
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3876 on: July 19, 2017, 02:38:34 pm »
If I could give you all of the ratings, I would

What's his water rating?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3877 on: July 19, 2017, 02:53:50 pm »
5/7
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3878 on: July 21, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »
I bought the boxed set of One Night Ultimate werewolf to play with my family, they had a blast. My grandma didn't quite get the game, often messing up roles, telling us info that proved she was werewolf, and once even voted for the other werewolf (she was one too) to break the tie that lost them the game. My favorite was the time she was troublemaker, and wouldn't divulge any info about her role, then celebrated post game that nobody figured out she was the troublemaker so she must have done good lol.

Heres the best. First game, my brother says "I am seer, and I center peeked 2 werewolves." We called bullshit, and voted him; he was werewolf. Last game of the night, my brother says "I am seer and I center peeked 2 werewolves. Seriously, again. I know nobody will believe me." I actually did believe him, he said "If it didn't work the first time would I try it again?!?" 2 people voted him out instead of voting right like we agreed. He was seer and there was 2 werewolves in the center lol.

My dad was the best werewolf, 100% winrate as wolf.

Was a lot of fun, for sure. The game is so much better at a fast paced 5 minute to discuss rather than our 36 hour heavily dissecting every possible action. You can get away more when theres a time limit to discuss thats minutes long.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3879 on: July 21, 2017, 10:16:34 pm »
Do you reckon the online format would work better if we all agreed to be online at a certain time and just shotgun it?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3880 on: July 22, 2017, 05:58:18 am »
Do you reckon the online format would work better if we all agreed to be online at a certain time and just shotgun it?
I'd be in more games, I think
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3881 on: July 22, 2017, 09:15:50 am »
It's something I wouldnt mind trying. Either in discord, on the forum, in skype. Maybe for a game night like we haven't done in awhile
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3882 on: July 22, 2017, 09:30:02 am »
Too true. I've been busy like every weekend :(
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Like    Dislike x 1    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | -1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3884 on: July 24, 2017, 07:55:41 am »
RIP MS Paint Threads

(Start my new job today... gulp)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3885 on: July 24, 2017, 07:58:10 am »
Now we'll have to draw them by hand
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #3886 on: July 24, 2017, 01:23:34 pm »
RIP MS Paint Threads

(Start my new job today... gulp)

Paint.NET

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3887 on: July 29, 2017, 07:32:39 pm »
Played One Night Ultimate Werewolf with the family last night. Charlie played with us... he tried so hard to be clever lol. He Drunked into Minion (and peeked because he didnt know any better), and when we asked what he was, he said "Oh, just a regular werewolf." And we were all like, "wtf you shouldn't tell us that" and he froze. But in actuality, he was right with his play. hahaha
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3888 on: July 29, 2017, 09:53:10 pm »
Pimp Willy teaching Charlie the value of being a Drunk and cheating at an early age. :tup:

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +148
« Reply #3889 on: August 08, 2017, 03:45:11 pm »
So...Is everyone dead?
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3890 on: August 08, 2017, 03:49:12 pm »
Not me
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3891 on: August 08, 2017, 09:05:00 pm »
This is what happens without ONUT.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +377
« Reply #3892 on: August 08, 2017, 10:01:59 pm »
I got fifth at a national last weekend, so that's nice.

I need to get back into mafia now that I'm all moved in.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
« Reply #3893 on: August 08, 2017, 10:35:11 pm »
Town of Salem in the Micro Humble Bundle for right now, if we ever feel like using that at all.

https://www.humblebundle.com/micro-jumbo-bundle

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3894 on: August 08, 2017, 10:58:22 pm »
We tried ToS when it first came out, I think? Now there are so many customizations
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3895 on: August 08, 2017, 11:55:51 pm »
Yeah, ToS wasn't an ideal format for Mafia, but it's good for a cookie cutter game that doesn't require a GM. Also last gasps had the potential to be hilarious.

Oh, and it's also free. The paid version just gives you some in-game shekelz to buy cosmetics from memory.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:31:46 am by ✰Alpha✰ »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #3896 on: August 09, 2017, 08:53:01 am »
ToS is basically the same format DailyMafia uses

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3897 on: August 10, 2017, 08:25:14 am »
In about 2 hours I'll find out if I get a job offer from the company I'm interning at. My manager said he put in a recommendation for me to be hired, so fingers crossed
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #3898 on: August 10, 2017, 02:54:17 pm »
So is the lack of follow up to this post a good thing or a bad thing?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #3899 on: August 10, 2017, 04:11:44 pm »
Good thing. Got an offer. People want to party.
  • Like x 4    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c: