August 18, 2017, 03:26:49 am

Author Topic: So what else is going on?  (Read 252624 times)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +612
Re: So what else is going on?
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2014, 04:27:49 pm »
I read about SAD in my Psychology textbook.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia)
Many people consider themselves shy, and most people find social evaluation uncomfortable at best, or giving a speech somewhat mortifying. Yet, only a small proportion of the population fear these types of situations significantly enough to merit a diagnosis of social anxiety disorder (SAD) (APA, 2013). SAD is more than exaggerated shyness (Bogels et al., 2010; Schneier et al., 1996). To receive a diagnosis of SAD, the fear and anxiety associated with social situations must be so strong that the person avoids them entirely, or if avoidance is not possible, the person endures them with a great deal of distress. Further, the fear and avoidance of social situations must get in the way of the personís daily life, or seriously limit their academic or occupational functioning. For example, a patient at our clinic compromised her perfect 4.0 grade point average because she could not complete a required oral presentation in one of her classes, causing her to fail the course. Fears of negative evaluation might make someone repeatedly turn down invitations to social events or avoid having conversations with people, leading to greater and greater isolation.
The specific social situations that trigger anxiety and fear range from one-on-one interactions, such as starting or maintaining a conversation; to performance-based situations, such as giving a speech or performing on stage; to assertiveness, such as asking someone to change disruptive or undesirable behaviors. Fear of social evaluation might even extend to such things as using public restrooms, eating in a restaurant, filling out forms in a public place, or even reading on a train. Any type of situation that could potentially draw attention to the person can become a feared social situation. For example, one patient of ours went out of her way to avoid any situation in which she might have to use a public restroom for fear that someone would hear her in the bathroom stall and think she was disgusting. If the fear is limited to performance-based situations, such as public speaking, a diagnosis of SAD performance only is assigned.

It's upsetting how appropriate this is. lol
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +561
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2014, 06:21:11 pm »
I thought SAD was winter depression.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1397
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2014, 06:51:40 pm »
There's too many sads.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~
  • Rated: +31
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2014, 07:29:00 pm »
How much for the green bear? I'll pay extra if it has sentimental value.

Sentimental value, that's SRK for me, it was a good place to be dumb and learn from it.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2014, 07:31:43 pm »
This deal is too sick; I had to get it. And I want to let others know, too. If you have even a passing interest in the X-Men movies and you're trying to build up your Blu-ray collection.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_1132810_127133110_pe_hcta1-txt/?ASIN=B00NVDYMBG

$32. X-men trilogy, First Class, both Wolverine movies, and the brand new one.

I'm not the biggest fan ever, but that's a crazy deal for 7 movies. I've yet to see 3 of them.

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2014, 07:52:58 pm »
This deal is too sick; I had to get it. And I want to let others know, too. If you have even a passing interest in the X-Men movies and you're trying to build up your Blu-ray collection.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_1132810_127133110_pe_hcta1-txt/?ASIN=B00NVDYMBG

$32. X-men trilogy, First Class, both Wolverine movies, and the brand new one.

I'm not the biggest fan ever, but that's a crazy deal for 7 movies. I've yet to see 3 of them.

For the longest time, I too thought this was the case, for myself.

It turned out I was wrong.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2014, 08:57:31 pm »
I loved First Class for some reason. Before that I'd never seen any X-Men movies.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2014, 11:43:00 pm »
First class was decent, would've been better without the German language.

Of course, I saw that in Korea. Fucking subtitles, man.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1895
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2014, 01:00:44 am »
lol, SRK is broken.

SRK: 0.
JTM: At least 6 or so at this point.
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2014, 07:07:39 am »
I think SRK is literally dead to rights.

저는 론 버건디입니까?

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2014, 11:00:48 am »
Get SReKt
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1501
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2014, 01:02:43 pm »
Man srk is terribly fucked lol
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2014, 01:25:56 pm »
The forums are awful from a technical aspect. I also think it's too busy. I'm 33 now and I'm starting to feel that generational gap really big. Kids aren't as dumb as they use to be but the indoctrination level on them can be overpowering. The care bear stare is unnerving.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2014, 02:48:44 pm »
First day back from vacation. The holiday season is upon us.

Peril.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2014, 09:41:39 pm »
Now Vynce gets to watch niggas kill people over turkeys.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2014, 11:48:05 pm »
Oh my GOD.

Why can't Koreans NOT touch something that has no bearing on their lives?

Some dumb bitch just came in here, and just inexplicably pushed a button on the heater's remote control, and it switched to AC.  No one can figure out what she did to turn the fucker to AC and we're stuck freezing.

She doesn't even work in this department.

Fucking cuntbag.

Sorry if that sounds racist. I swear I'm not racist to them, but you know, when every damn time someone walks into a room and they touch something they have no business in touching, and they aren't even assigned to this room, and they break said object, and it is at the detriment of everyone who has to stay in here...yeah, fuck you, you're stupid.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:36:40 am by Missing Person »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1501
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2014, 09:02:34 am »
Just make sure to leave the door open, you wouldnt want to get trapped in a room with a fan and die while you sleep...
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:24 am »
*lol*

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2014, 04:14:46 pm »
Just make sure to leave the door open, you wouldnt want to get trapped in a room with a fan and die while you sleep...

What makes you think I didn't padlock her in a room with a fan with the knobs and buttons ripped off after I posted that?

FOR SCIENCE!

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2014, 09:19:18 pm »
You're a teacher, right? Just force her to write "I will not mess with shit that isn't mine desu..." over and over again.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2014, 09:50:09 pm »
You're a teacher, right? Just force her to write "I will not mess with shit that isn't mine desu..." over and over again.

She's a teacher too, in high school.

That alone should make you scurred of Asians with me.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2014, 09:04:41 pm »
But Azns are cool tho. I'm super close to being the smallest bit Asian, but not quite and not really. Soviet Georgia apparently doesn't count.

Also my brain...

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:05:15 pm by ForgeDigger »
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »
To be fair, I've been accused of being half asian.

I'm not.  I know that I have part native american in my blood from my maternal grandma, but I've almost suspected that there's an Asian as well down the line.

I haven't been able to prove it though.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2014, 12:45:31 am »
Day 3 without heat in this office.

They called a repairman from Haier in to work on it.  He doesn't know what's wrong with it.

The power of being a dumb bitch, ladies and gentlemen.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2014, 12:12:51 pm »

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 4    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2014, 12:23:17 pm »
...lookin' really last gen, there, Vynce.

No O.G.-o :coffee:

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2014, 12:25:52 pm »
The real wrestlers look a lot better. Not a great game, but it's all right.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2014, 12:27:22 pm »
It can't be much worse than 98% of the dreck that passes for next gen, this gen.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2014, 12:31:41 pm »
Real talk -  Nintendo would still be winning this gen with its handheld behind its back.

This makes me... ambivalent.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2014, 12:35:50 pm »
I'll be getting the new COD and the GTAV remake for Christmas. Business as usual in video game land

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2014, 12:40:42 pm »
I'll be getting... Persona Q, and something else, per my little bro's and my tradition.

Probably Xrd.

I already dropped $120+ on Skylanders ish for him, lol. Early Christmas, all 'round, this year.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2014, 12:42:08 pm »
You sound like a cool big brother

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »
I do try.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2014, 12:59:17 pm »
Giving it more thought, I think I might really come to enjoy the game a lot more when I'm not fucking terrible at it.

I tend to dislike things I'm not good at. I lost the first title match like 3-4 times.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2014, 01:06:48 pm »
Being someone that watches wrestling would probably make for a better experience too. I recognize at least a third of the roster, I'd say.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2014, 01:22:23 pm »
I felt the same way about Bayo.

Then I fell in love.

So much fun.

What else are you getting this year, Vynce?

Xrd? DA:I? Anything?

I'm debating DA:I, despite my having good sense, and maybe The Evil Within when it hits $40.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2014, 03:27:43 pm »
I think just Call of Brodude and GTAV for Christmas. I'll have gift cards for Batman, The Order, and another game that's slipping my mind

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2014, 04:06:19 pm »
Day 5.

There's now a sign on the front blocking any buttons that says:

켜지 마세요!
Do not turn on!

That dumb bitch did some dumb bitch voodoo shit.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2014, 04:40:41 pm »
lol, SRK is broken.

The irony, given the context. :coffee:
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2014, 07:54:00 am »
Spent tonight getting my ass kicked in 8-ball by a Chinese girl.

And I used to be so good.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Tao Te Ching

• m(._.)m
  • Moldy Toast
  • ( ^^) _旦~~
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2014, 01:49:10 pm »
Creatine x stell cut oats 15 pre workout gives me great workouts.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2014, 08:34:07 pm »
I just finished a Christie novel, Thirteen at Dinner. I got one of the main tricks almost immediately, and also identified the murderer, but as the novel progressed, I started doubting myself.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »
Hurry up, Thanksgiving.

10-10 today, then 10-8,6-5,10-10, and 6-5.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2014, 12:35:12 am »
You're lucky you get it off.

I miss having it off. And turkey.

I'm settling for duck.

You can get turkey, but I don't have the time to roast it.

저는 론 버건디입니까?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:35:43 am by Missing Person »

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2014, 01:49:21 am »
Duck's pretty good.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2014, 03:28:41 am »
Beijing duck is great depending on where you get it.

I'm going to get Korean styke though which is consistently better IMO

저는 론 버건디입니까?

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2014, 07:48:27 am »
Alright, got the role cards for Proving Grounds ready.

B)
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

WTF-AKUMA-HAX

• Butter Knife+25
  • Moldy Toast
  • Dollar Bills-Game
  • Rated: +42
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2014, 07:58:40 am »
SRGay is down again

Shoulder hurts, down to the bone, using the "Back Buddy" trademark sign heating pad for it. Basically rice in a cloth 2 long section wrap. Warm it up in the microwave and apply.

Managed 2 blocks of 3 hours each streaming that reloaded37, and saw the Daigo Wong parry live and the 3s finals I wanted to inbetween some much needed sleep. Haven't watched a stream in forever.

It chugged up my browser having left it open nearly a day straight big instances and memory usage in the task manager! Thought that attributed to the flashing issue I got around here but a browser close and open it still persists.

2 kinds specifically, a smaller square near avatars (as big as any avatar) then either the top half of the page or bottom half depending on which direction I scroll flashes. A PRNT screen hasn't captured it yet to screenshot it.

The last ep of the Walking dead was so uneven, too many groups! Then the Priest guy becomes another side story to the 2 main storylines already happening?!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2014, 08:02:37 am »
Spoilers, HAX!

Not that I watch...any TV anymore, but others might be like, "Yo Dawg..."

WTF-AKUMA-HAX

• Butter Knife+25
  • Moldy Toast
  • Dollar Bills-Game
  • Rated: +42
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2014, 08:12:10 am »
When looking for it, I have found & successfully used the spoiler button on these forums today, maybe when it wasn't needed! those pics were small enough.

That character and the 2 groups have been in the same plot since the start of this season, so 6 episodes deep? I was trying to not be specific with the Priest also and possibly spoil by saying any more.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:14:09 am by WTF-AKUMA-HAX »