December 11, 2017, 08:29:20 pm

Author Topic: Hearthstone: CCGs with less MTG buttcrack  (Read 67476 times)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
Re: Hearthstone: CCGs with less MTG buttcrack
« Reply #750 on: June 29, 2017, 09:10:45 am »
That would delay it a turn without Prep/Coin but not much else. The deck's already built on playing hella cards per turn on combo turns.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1517
« Reply #751 on: June 29, 2017, 10:14:29 am »
Delaying it even 1 turn would be great, but now they need even more combo pieces to pull it off. I'd rather have it be a minion like the warlock nether portal on board, that way it couldnt be prepped out, but I'll take it. I don't really hate quest rogue, but I do find it to be basically a single player deck like pirate warrior
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #752 on: July 01, 2017, 12:59:43 pm »
It loses if your deck/hand is "aggro enough" and wins otherwise, in my experience. The concept is cool also, just a little extreme when there are 4 1-drop charges in standard right now.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #753 on: July 05, 2017, 09:45:35 am »
Heads up, you earn double gold this week from quests, so time to do those dailies

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:57:04 am by Pimp Willy »

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #754 on: July 05, 2017, 08:50:05 pm »
I have 3300 gold, the most I've ever had in hearthstone now lol

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #755 on: July 06, 2017, 09:48:26 am »
Expansion leaks were pretty tight this year, but the chinese official website leaked some stuff about 12 hours early. Should be something like "Knights of the Frozen Throne"

https://fat.gfycat.com/MenacingMelodicGlassfrog.webm

All the hearthstone classes are basically undead versions of themselves. Per Lore, when The Lich King kills a person, he can raise them to fight for him. Here everyone has the blue eyes, indicating they actually are under the lich king control. So I expect deathrattles/undead/ice to play a big theme here.

Whats unknown is if the Lich King is Arthas, or Bolvar Fordragon(yeah, the pally legendary). In the story, Arthas has always been the iconic lich king, but in World of Warcraft the players raid against Arthas and die, only to be saved by Tirion, who kills Arthas/Breaks the curse, and then was about to become the new Lich King (there must always be a lich king). Instead, Bolvar stepped up and asked for him to take the burden, but swore everyone to secrecy. So, theres the chance that maybe its Bolvar the new Lich King. Or, knowing hearthstone, its an alternate universe where Each of the Hero classes is the new lich king. Who knows.

It should be fun. One thing I expect, is a rarity shake up. They're introducing no duplicate legendary openings, They just doubled gold we earn for 2 weeks, and they alluded to something this expansion... I forsee a lot of class legendaries coming in this set. As well, we're going to get back some Single Player Content; not full on adventures, but still adventure like content along side each full expansion to set the story and hopefully award some cards/packs.

Really excited to see what comes tonight, at the announcement (7 PM Pacific)
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #756 on: July 06, 2017, 09:16:13 pm »

Knights of the Frozen Throne. Instead of adding a new death knight class, each of the 9 heroes are corrupted and become death knights, with a new Hero Card for each one. They act like Jaraxxus, but don't modify your existing health: they have a powerful battlecry, add armor, and then alter your hero power. The one announced was Hunter (Deathstalker Rexxar). Its a 6 mana, gain 5 armor, deal 2 damage to all enemy minions, and your hero power becomes "Build a Beast." You discover a beast, then discover a second beast; then you add their stats and mana cost, and add it to your hand as a card. So, for instance, you could combine stonetusk boar (1 mana 1/1 charge) with Bloodfen Raptor (2 mana 3/2) to get a 3 mana 4/3 charge beast card in your hand. You can discover any beast up to 5 mana (thats neutral or hunter) and then make some really awesome beasts.

Also, Lifesteal is going to be prominent (everytime they deal damage, heal you that much) including a priest spell for 2 mana, deal 1 damage to all minions (with lifesteal).  Deathrattle is coming back big, so stuff like Umbra and Priest Quest will be solid.

Overall, I dunno how its going to shake out. They seem like maybe non impactful enough, or maybe too good, but I like the space they're in.

For single player content, theres 9 missions for free. Completing them earns you 1 of the 9 deathknight hero cards (random), and 3 packs. So... yeah should be sweet to experiment.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +624
« Reply #757 on: July 07, 2017, 08:36:48 am »
Hmmm... maybe I'll play this weekend after all
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #758 on: July 07, 2017, 08:56:05 am »
Too bad the expansion doesnt drop until August, and no new cards expected to announce for 2 weeks :(

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +735
« Reply #759 on: July 20, 2017, 02:07:27 am »
Frost Festival! Get your free Arena ticket!

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #760 on: July 20, 2017, 09:56:40 am »
I went 7-3 (with the bonus win it gives you), lost because of my arena inexperience (what are the chances Priest has the potion of madness for my gastropod? .... oh. Pretty good it turns out). Not bad. Got 155 gold, a pack and some handful of dust.

Excited for expansion news!

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #761 on: July 21, 2017, 04:04:54 am »
How do you have the time to play lol. I'm at 4-2 on my run right now. This is only the second time I've played arena so I don't expect to get much further.

I do love this one card I'm running - the one with battlecry destroy a minion, deathrattle resummon it. I used it against that minion that does deathrattle do 5 damage to your hero, it was great.

Every deck I've played in this run seems to have cards like that... Strong base stats but a drawback, cards like bittertide Hydra, etc. It's fun to exploit those drawbacks.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #762 on: July 21, 2017, 10:09:22 am »
I did it over like 2 hours the other night when my family fell asleep early, maybe even longer lol. I drafted Bittertide hydra, it was like an MVP for me actually, hard removal is pretty rare until you get to the higher levels, and just getting in that damage seemed to go a long way.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #763 on: August 12, 2017, 09:16:02 am »
Blizzard: A 7 mana 5/5 draw 2 cards was too oppressive in Druids, lets bump it down to draw 1

Also Blizzard:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #764 on: August 13, 2017, 08:03:51 am »
To be fair this is literally years apart.

I'll never forgive them for demolishing Blade Flurry though. It miiiiiight be decent now with all the weapon shenanigans Rogue got but it's been horrible forever.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #765 on: August 16, 2017, 10:22:56 am »
I mean it was 1 year from the Ancient of Lore nerf to this I believe. Theres something to be said for a classic card vs one that will eventually rotate as well
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:23:24 am by Pimp Willy »

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #766 on: August 21, 2017, 07:06:57 pm »
I just made The Ancient One for the first time ever; it was great lol.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #767 on: August 24, 2017, 11:59:04 am »
I tried to make a barnes/ancient one deck. It didn't work too well, especially cause I only had one Blood and was using deathrattle shenanigans to make it into 2, or even 4. It was an experience at least lol

What do you guys think about Death Knight Thrall? I was tempted to craft him, but some part of me says it won't be very good
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #768 on: August 25, 2017, 01:03:36 pm »
I think he's the weakest death knight of the bunch, by far. Its such an RNG gamble that his hero power even benefits you when you use it.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #769 on: August 25, 2017, 03:27:38 pm »
I think he's the weakest death knight of the bunch, by far. Its such an RNG gamble that his hero power even benefits you when you use it.

That being said, its still a decent, fun card in an evolve deck, but unless I was really dedicated to an evolve deck, I'd probably go with somebody else

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #770 on: August 29, 2017, 05:00:22 am »
I ended up craftin him for the fun factor, yeah.

Fuzz showed me this clip lol
https://clips.twitch.tv/PerfectIgnorantMeatloafNerfBlueBlaster
かえるおねがい!

c:

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #771 on: August 29, 2017, 10:40:59 am »
Holy AI

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #772 on: August 29, 2017, 08:04:05 pm »
He has ascended into the Rag King.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #773 on: September 06, 2017, 07:48:46 am »
Nerfs coming to some suprising cards
Fiery War Axe from 2 to 3 mana, making it... really bad now in comparison, but yet still good enough to run likely. I mean, hunters run eaglehorn bow without secrets, and pallys run rallying blade without divine shields just for the 3 mana 3/2 weapon.

Hex goes to 4 mana, putting it on par with polymorph because silence/transform effects are too strong

Murloc War Leader no longer gives the health buff, only the attack buff, making it easier to clear vs murlocs.

And to help stem the Druidstone tides,

Innervate now gives 1 mana (so basically a counterfeit coin) down from 2

Spreading Plague now costs 6 instead of 5 mana.

Let's see if this is enough to stop druids from dominating, innervate will help a bit, spreading plague is still really strong though

Do what I did, and beat Lich King with murloc pally before the warleader nerf is completed lol

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:49:32 am by Pimp Willy »

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #774 on: September 06, 2017, 07:55:33 am »
Spreading Plague is still really good but it's gonna hurt more when you only get the one minion. It's a damn good minion, but six mana is a lot when you look at what Druid could be playing instead of a single 1/5 taunt poisonous.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #775 on: September 07, 2017, 03:03:52 am »
I just got The Black Knight and Leeroy Jenkins in the same pack!

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #776 on: September 07, 2017, 07:55:14 am »
Spreading Plague is still really good but it's gonna hurt more when you only get the one minion. It's a damn good minion, but six mana is a lot when you look at what Druid could be playing instead of a single 1/5 taunt poisonous.

I mean, I dont think druid is going to play it as a 1/5 taunt. But if you opt to go wide at any point in the game, you're getting hit with a wall of 1/5 taunts. And then if you don't go wide, they out value you with jades. It's just nuts!

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #777 on: September 07, 2017, 11:25:04 pm »
Only rogue and warrior left to go. Whew.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #778 on: September 08, 2017, 08:35:34 am »
You're a maniac, why would you do that to yourself lol

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #779 on: September 08, 2017, 09:27:07 am »
I want prince Arthas

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #780 on: September 19, 2017, 06:35:56 pm »
Holy Innervate nerf!

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #781 on: October 26, 2017, 05:56:01 pm »
I crafted Lyra and holy smokes miracle priest is fun
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #782 on: December 02, 2017, 10:18:37 am »
Almost time for Kobolds and Catacombs!
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #783 on: December 02, 2017, 02:25:15 pm »
I'm actually really stoked for a lot of the "dumb" cards like Deck of Wonders lol. I'm not gonna buy any packs, and I have next to no gold, so I'm just gonna play randomage and renounce darkness decks so I can play with the new cards a little.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #784 on: December 10, 2017, 07:56:10 pm »
Any decks you guys are liking?

Big Spell Mage with Deck of Wonders is a blast
Grindy Druid with infinite Astral Tigers is the first druid deck I've actually enjoyed (about 50 wins on the class)
Tempo Rogue with Kingsbane and the new guy who shuffles ambushes into your deck is sweet, about 450 wins on rogue pushing for 500

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #785 on: Today at 09:19:49 pm »
I don't play enough to have the gold for more than ~8 packs so I only have the Hunter & Warlock legendary weapons and not much else of note. Don't have the dust or interest to go full "spell Hunter". Deck of Wonders definitely seems really fun but I don't have enough resources for it.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #786 on: Today at 09:35:16 pm »
I opened the 50 preorder packs, the 60 pack bundle, I had enough gold saved for 30 packs, so thats a total of like 140 packs. I still didn't open a single "To My Side" lol. Plenty of dust though if I did want to try it.

I did craft a second Deck of Wonders because I knew it would be fun, and the best time to play is the first few weeks of an expansion

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #787 on: Today at 09:46:47 pm »
It's not fun enough for me to play enough to get the dust/gold for the really fun stuff, IMO. I'll love Casino Mage till the day I die though, and I'm glad that Blizzard is still printing shenanigan cards like Deck of Wonders.