December 11, 2017, 08:29:44 pm

Author Topic: We Lift Dat: The JTM fitness thread  (Read 30976 times)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +564
Re: We Lift Dat: The JTM fitness thread
« Reply #450 on: December 07, 2015, 07:08:54 am »
I've put on a little weight and I'm out of the gym for a couple weeks too.

Temporary setbacks; we'll get back on track. Officially asked for that bench setup :tup:

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1407
« Reply #451 on: December 07, 2015, 10:40:06 pm »
Just got these in the mail.

Sent from my LG-F500K using Tapatalk

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #452 on: December 13, 2015, 07:16:59 pm »
After hockey, this workout shall be interesting.  My body is screaming in agony.

Especially my glutes and upper back.  Gonna have to tinker with my routine a bit I think, since hockey day is going to become a regular thing for me.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #453 on: December 16, 2015, 06:12:32 am »
So within the additions to my program today, was an exercise called "Hip Extension Knee Reflexion."  I thought nothing of it.

I watched a video to double check my form, and this is apparently a great exercise for correcting pelvic obliquity.

TMYK
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #454 on: December 26, 2015, 08:16:02 am »
Starting over on New Years. Fell way off with the surgery and holidays.

Going to need a barbell

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +795
« Reply #455 on: December 26, 2015, 02:42:22 pm »
Squats to build that booty.

It's Vyncemas time again.

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #456 on: December 26, 2015, 02:55:48 pm »
I'll be able to use the rack for benching and pull-ups too. Seemed like the best setup for an actual flat bench setup with more options.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #457 on: December 27, 2015, 07:33:59 am »
Making my return to the gym today. I think my wound is mostly done bleeding and seeping exudate.

So yeah! It's kept me from going for almost a month. I'm ready to get back into a routine, counting calories, and adding weights and pull-ups to my daily.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #458 on: December 27, 2015, 03:26:41 pm »
Burned 454 calories in 24 minutes. Felt WRECKED. The first 4 minutes were amazing. I was maintaining 1300 cal/hour and was really excited to be back to it. Shortly thereafter, I remembered that every single cardio session is challenging.

Back at it tomorrow!

Still have to build my power rack.

• Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #459 on: December 27, 2015, 05:25:03 pm »
Burned 454 calories in 24 minutes. Felt WRECKED. The first 4 minutes were amazing. I was maintaining 1300 cal/hour and was really excited to be back to it. Shortly thereafter, I remembered that every single cardio session is challenging.

Back at it tomorrow!

Still have to build my power rack.

I went for a run this morning in 1 degree Celsius weather. Was very chilly but good motivation to run faster. Also beats the hell out of working out in the heat back home. No gym where I'm staying so it looks like body weight + cardio for me.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #460 on: December 27, 2015, 05:42:51 pm »
Barbell shopping is more than I thought it would be. I don't want to invest a lot to start but I don't want a garbage bar, either.

• Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #461 on: December 27, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »
Get a good one from the start, don't need to replace it later.

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #462 on: December 29, 2015, 08:28:39 am »
Barbell shopping is more than I thought it would be. I don't want to invest a lot to start but I don't want a garbage bar, either.

Have you looked into craigslist?

I'm back on my routine after taking a week off from lifting. I thought I was having some serious tendonitis type deal with my right elbow. Still hurts a little but the break helped. I did run an 8k on the track for a personal best of 41:30 the morning of Christmas.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #463 on: December 29, 2015, 12:56:30 pm »
Been checking CL every day. Confident I'll find the right bar on there 🏻

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #464 on: January 02, 2016, 04:46:31 pm »
I think this is what I'm going with-

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10793623&prodFindSrc=cart

I may need to upgrade the bar down the line, but the weight alone makes that a deal and the bar is actually 45lb

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #465 on: February 08, 2016, 12:02:31 am »
Well, I'm switching off my cardio to HIIT. From what I feel after my hockey games my standard cardio isn't doing much for my endurance levels and I want to be able to not be sluggish in goal midway through.

That and it's supposedly a better fat burn than low impact cardio.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #466 on: February 08, 2016, 02:34:14 am »
Tabata is what I usually do for HIIT. Or if you want to work on Cardio try Fartlek training. Active recovery period instead of resting interval. Means you hurt a lot ore afterwards but you're working the whole time.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #467 on: February 08, 2016, 05:22:11 am »
Well, I'm switching off my cardio to HIIT. From what I feel after my hockey games my standard cardio isn't doing much for my endurance levels and I want to be able to not be sluggish in goal midway through.

That and it's supposedly a better fat burn than low impact cardio.

I've been on a HIIT kick for a while now, but I do have a LISS run once a week which is usually my longer run.

Tabata is what I usually do for HIIT. Or if you want to work on Cardio try Fartlek training. Active recovery period instead of resting interval. Means you hurt a lot ore afterwards but you're working the whole time.

I had no idea Fartlek is what I had been doing on my 3 mile runs once a week. Running on a regulation track, I'm running about a 8:45 pace around the curves or the track, straight sections about 7:15. It's made my LISS runs much easier to keep a steady pace. I was always gassing towards the midway point of a 5 mile plus run and very end, but it's much easier to pace myself to finish the latter half of a run faster than the first half.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #468 on: February 08, 2016, 06:25:01 am »
I'm mainly looking at getting stamina and endurance. I know I get tanked after 3 games and have to dig deep. Well yesterday I played 7. I don't know how I clutched it out to win the last 2 out of 3.

I know that kind of marathon session won't happen often but it's possible that I may have to play 6 games straight when the season starts and we reach the playoffs. I want to be able to make that happen with me still able to compete.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #469 on: February 22, 2016, 03:44:44 am »
I'm trying to get myself down to 10% body fat before my hockey draft (Saturday).

I just clocked in at 17.1 tonight.

HOORAY NO PROGRESS :tdown: DansGame
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:45:01 am by Missing Person »

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #470 on: February 22, 2016, 01:33:31 pm »
I've cut 6kg in two weeks. Looking to drop probably another 5kg before I just keep toning the rest.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #471 on: February 22, 2016, 10:02:33 pm »
Actually I lost a kilo looking at my list. So I lost muscle and not gained fat. Probably on my arms since I've been screwed out of arm day the last few weeks.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #472 on: February 24, 2016, 08:48:02 am »
Back on track next week. March 4th begins No Excuses season. I expect to weigh in just under 170 next Friday morning.

Kind of excited to regain control of my body, since it's the only thing I have control over.

Work, not so much. Marriage is still excellent- no worries there

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #473 on: April 11, 2016, 06:52:19 am »
Who's got progress pictures??? Beach body season coming up here soon!!!

I'm on a 12 week journey to "ripped". I've gotten some things straightened out within my diet and training to get where I want.

Ran an organized 10K this past weekend at 50:09. 7 minutes and some change off my total time from last year. It's amazing what losing some weight and ab/core training can do for your running.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #474 on: April 12, 2016, 02:44:27 am »
I will own my shame. I weighed in at 175 this morning. I should have a better idea of my real weight this Friday. Got a long road ahead of me, but I'm  confident. I just need to stop letting awful things happening knock me off track.

...Ideally, awful things will stop happening

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #475 on: April 12, 2016, 02:49:36 am »
The good news is, my body comp is a lot better than it was last year when I was at 175lb. My biceps, triceps and lats are bigger and my core is a lot better.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #476 on: April 12, 2016, 04:11:28 am »
Mangled my ribs so I've been banned from all upper body and cardio for a few months now. Metabolism didn't get the memo and I got fat instead. Getting the weight off at the moment but I've certainly lost a lot of the bulk I was building last year.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #477 on: April 12, 2016, 02:59:58 pm »
Fast recovery, bytch.

Hit the gym again to virtually identical numbers, but carrying 5 fewer lbs of water weight. Didn't drink last night; won't drink tonight.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #478 on: April 13, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »
Third day back at the gym. Still making that 450cals but taking closer to 30 minutes than 20 to do it.

Still, I think I'm doing better than I was this time last year. Still able to use the resistance I was at, at my prime.

...For a while .

It's hard to imagine being able to knock it out in less than 25 minutes again, but I remember keeping a pace of 800ish calories an hour when I started last year. I think I'm going to shape up faster this time around and I want to incorporate weights very soon.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #479 on: April 13, 2016, 11:46:45 pm »
I've been on the run a lot lately and just haven't made it to the gym in quite a while.

Gonna have to.  Still in shape thanks to hockey but I'm sure I'm losing muscle mass.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #480 on: April 22, 2016, 06:03:32 am »
The good news is, my body comp is a lot better than it was last year when I was at 175lb. My biceps, triceps and lats are bigger and my core is a lot better.

How much do you weigh now?

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #481 on: April 22, 2016, 10:36:05 am »
172 this morning

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #482 on: April 26, 2016, 05:48:39 pm »
Gotten my 450 cal time back down to 24-24.5 minutes. Not too shabby for my third week back at it

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #483 on: April 29, 2016, 10:10:23 am »
172 this morning

For some reason I thought you were less. How is the weight training going?

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #484 on: April 29, 2016, 02:59:09 pm »
For some reason I thought you were less. How is the weight training going?

I *was*. Bad winter with the surgery and my mother passing away. Haven't been doing weights yet, but I've officially gotten into a routine. 4 days a week for now. Going to ask for a barbell for my birthday. I lost my overtime this winter and about $1800 worth of stuff when we were burglarized.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #485 on: April 29, 2016, 04:07:03 pm »
Oh wow, you're quite light. Just did the conversion haha. I'm sitting around 194lb at the moment.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Wilgy was Mafia and Cobalt is too.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #486 on: November 21, 2017, 12:21:53 pm »
Bump.

Back on this, finally. My nomadic lifestyle ending make it easier to get to the gym.