June 24, 2017, 08:34:11 am

Author Topic: Jesus Toast Mafia VI: Teen Wolf  (Read 111529 times)

Rico

• Rye Toast
  • Believe in me, believe in nothing
  • Rated: +3
Re: Jesus Toast Mafia VI: Teen Wolf
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2015, 04:35:50 am »
This concerns me, as it is a misrepresentation of what happened. What happened was that Rico made a post calling a female player a "he". A reasonable mistake, as her user name is "Canuck" and her avatar a hockey player. Then one minute later, with no one posting inbetween or correcting him, he corrected himself.

At that point we were several hundred posts into the game, and he did NOT have time in one minute to review the thread to see if anyone else had used a female pronoun for Canuck. He got flak for it, talked his way out of it, and went on to win the game as a baddie.

So the fact that he is misrepresenting this, and that he is concerned about making the correct pronoun choices gets my eye.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/phpBB-3.0.11/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=525&p=110083#p110083

This links to the two posts.

Linki~ I know I would be expected to pick Indy; it's what I generally pick if given a choice, or baddie. But since I know that the people who know me will agree that that is true, I deleted the first list and reread the civvie roles, and made a new list. WIFOM to the max, yes, but true.

Of the people I know playing I might expect MM to choose civvie roles in general, and Rico to possibly do something similar to what I did, make a list of Indy/bad roles, anticipate this line of discussion and revise his list; which is why I say that what he did concerns me, but I have not voted for him yet. I could see Bass preferring to be bad BUT not bothering to submit a list. TGG has the confidence level to be telling the truth about not submitting a list, but he also has the balls to lie about it. I do not know Scotty or Sig well enough to say for sure, but I would expect Scotty to pick civ on short aquaintance. No idea about sig, the one game I have played with him is ongoing and he is alive and unrevealed.

The who would pick what thing is a lot of WIFOM, but sometimes on Day One it is better than nothing.

Oh goodie, first round of rebuttals is Syndicate vs. Syndicate.

Firstly, I don't understand what you say I'm misrepresenting. I didn't say my gender screw up in that game became the fad. I said me screwing up genders itself became a fad! I constantly tend to do it, even to present day. Sure, it didn't actually pick up among members as a big fad, the way MM self-voting or dying on Day 1 did, but it's still a notable screwy trait of mine. So what exactly did I misrepresent? Aren't you actually misrepresenting and, further, trying to craft a case now on it? Hmm.

Secondly, nice paint there. "Rico got himself out of the gender slip and sailed to victory as a baddie; ergo Rico is cautious about genders when a baddie." Except nope, I got myself out of the gender slip back then because people read too much into it and it didn't mean anything to the game. It was a "reasonable mistake", just like you said, and that's all it was, but now you're going back at it and misrepresenting it again only to paint my baddie portrait. I got flak for many other things in Film and got away from them, stuff like defending my teammate from getting lynched, so you're idea of my gender mistake being significant is completely false.

Also, I am stunned how your interpretation of the events is still so erroneous. "Then one minute later, with no one posting inbetween or correcting him, he corrected himself." Uhm, exactly? It's called realizing my slip and correcting myself. "he did NOT have time in one minute to review the thread to see if anyone else had used a female pronoun for Canuck." Except that Llama, literally one post above mine, had said "she" and "her" about Canuck. I think one minute is reasonable time to notice that, if you ask me.

Thirdly, me being "concerned about making the correct pronoun choice" happened in plenty other games I played since Film, you are free to check them and evaluate if they mean anything about my gameplay and alignment, but it doesn't. Most of the time I asked the same question when new players joined the forum or when it was my first time I played with them. Basically preliminary simple question, if you ask me. My concern that "I still screw up genders even after writting down" is also consistent with Watchmen Day 4 or 5 when ika subbed and I still kept called him a she, even after asking about his gender and such. Indicative of anything else, except how much I tend to screw up genders (which is exactly my initial point)? No.

So congrats, you are now my first suspect for misrepresenting and painting it to be more than it is about my gender question.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +721
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2015, 04:37:02 am »
SVS's post was great.

Rico, TGG, MP top 3 for me right now.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

SVS

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +10
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2015, 04:45:12 am »
And Rico, your teammate, MM was in the thread literally 5 minutes later and the two of you papered over the whole thing.

You feel it is misrepresenting, but the fact is that you were bad, you were in BTS the time it happened, and that post was one of the reasons I CORRECTLY thought you were bad.

CORRECTLY.

Whether you find that to be justified or not is moot; you were bad :)

Baddies never think the reasons people figure out they are bad are justified; that's just how it is.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +777
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2015, 04:46:48 am »
I like Rico's play style already. SVS's too.

Concerned at MP's desire for people to participate then disappearing when it actually starts livening up.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2015, 04:48:16 am »
As for the "who would pick mafia" angle, I cannot project anything for the JMT players, since it's my first game with most of you. XGamer (uhm TGG?) got the mafia coat twice in TS and would probably wear it very comfortably. Him saying from the start he doesn't care at all about the roles can be either genuine or a well-prepared in advance statement. From the Syndicate members, SVS would do great as baddie or indy, as she herself just claimed. She isn't completely wrong in assessing me, either, probably due to my history of wins and roles (but, mind you, there is not "choose your favorite role" option on TS before games begin, so I always played with what I received), but I only picked civ roles on my list, because plenty of them were way more interesting than the mafia one, plus I'm not a fan of the indy win cons here, so I didn't go for any of them either.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2015, 04:55:47 am »
And Rico, your teammate, MM was in the thread literally 5 minutes later and the two of you papered over the whole thing.

You feel it is misrepresenting, but the fact is that you were bad, you were in BTS the time it happened, and that post was one of the reasons I CORRECTLY thought you were bad.

CORRECTLY.

Whether you find that to be justified or not is moot; you were bad :)

Baddies never think the reasons people figure out they are bad are justified; that's just how it is.

This is all bullshit and furthermore extremely easy for you to craft this angle and paint me as bad. Have fun with it, but you're inconsistent with pretty much everything you say.  :)

MM and I papered it? What part of the actual posts you linked to reads that way? None. It took seven hours for Dom (one page further) to be pinged by it and the fun about it to commence, yet you claim we were scared right away to cover it up? Hahah.

You (still) claim (apparently) that I received BTSC help on correcting my gender slips. Yet you have it on paper, from my teammates, in that game's endgame, that I never received BTSC assistance for my gameplay. Ever. Yet you don't bring this up or choose to ignore it. Spidey weaving.

You feel entitled that you had a good ping about my mistake. That's fine. What I meant is that my gender screw-ups are genuine. I don't do them as a baddie? Would it be unfortunate for me to be suspected for them and happen to be actually bad? Sure. Am I bad whenever I screw up genders. No. Look it up and then evaluate your assement of me.

Come up with more consistent reads on this or stop weaving your spider web.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2015, 04:58:56 am »
EBWOP: I don't do them as a baddie. (not question mark)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1387
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2015, 04:59:43 am »

Concerned at MP's desire for people to participate then disappearing when it actually starts livening up.
Gym.

I'm home now. I don't know how anyone can bitch about my "lack of participation" when I've already dialed it in on 3 games in a row, took about a week in whispers, and my general site participation has dropped dramatically since I moved to Korea.

I'm still paying attention. But don't expect me to have 2/3 of the posts per game anymore.

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2015, 05:04:54 am »
Is BTSC Behind the Scenes Coaching?
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2015, 05:05:29 am »
Since you mentioned it, Syn, whats your read on the Rico/SVS spat?

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2015, 05:06:09 am »
Behind the scenes chat.

Mafia Chat/Lover's conversation

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2015, 05:10:54 am »

Any kind of behind the scenes chat created for players whose roles or alignment allow it. The Mafia team traditionally has it all the time (though we've had games where certain mafia-aligned roles were separated at first from having contact), but so can civs who share BTSC/who search for each other and can gain BTSC afterwards, indies who recruit etc.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2015, 05:19:31 am »

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

Too early to tell. Rico scares me tbh. Just power-read some of his games over on TS and I am suitably impressed. Long Con did a good job of getting me interested in flipping sites but from what I just read there are tons of players on TS who are exceptional.

I think that the  spat favours SVS more. She's a known entity here and the  posts serve:
-To establish suspicion around  a new unknown
-Using her position of knowledge it allows her control of the narrative
-Rico will likely have someone else question him based on this minor fact.

I still think a desire to use correct pronouns is unusual but we don't have our genders listed as easily as they do  over on TS so perhaps not.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Gagarina

• Gathering Fire
  • Moldy Toast
  • Bored of the blonde
  • Rated: +2
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2015, 05:20:27 am »
What is that mess?

And well, to people that would want to drag "who could pick mafia"... please don't. Cobalt said it in the sign-ups that on GTF a very few people actually sent in their lists and it may be the case this time... at least for GTFers. Also would it really matter if I say I sent in mine?

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2015, 05:21:50 am »

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

Also, his posting style here differs  from what I saw on TS.

I have a  few theories, but one might involve a Wesker scenario. Like I said, too early to tell.

Blindknagg

• Toogs repelling pantsu!
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +458
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2015, 05:25:23 am »
And well, to people that would want to drag "who could pick mafia"... please don't. Cobalt said it in the sign-ups that on GTF a very few people actually sent in their lists and it may be the case this time... at least for GTFers. Also would it really matter if I say I sent in mine?

Probably not. But ateast it gets some kind of discussion going day 1.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2015, 05:26:51 am »
Too early to tell. Rico scares me tbh. Just power-read some of his games over on TS and I am suitably impressed. Long Con did a good job of getting me interested in flipping sites but from what I just read there are tons of players on TS who are exceptional.

I think that the  spat favours SVS more. She's a known entity here and the  posts serve:

I still think a desire to use correct pronouns is unusual but we don't have our genders listed as easily as they do  over on TS so perhaps not.
SVS barely participated in her one game here. She is as much a known entity here as Scotty is. I don't see how she could make such a posturing play.
What is that mess?

Just no. Fucking no.

Dislike with a passion.

You cannot rule out any discussion that could give us information.

Scumread Gaga.
Also, his posting style here differs  from what I saw on TS.

I have a  few theories, but one might involve a Wesker scenario. Like I said, too early to tell.

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2015, 05:27:19 am »

I got all the other players' gender from their profiles. We have on TS as well, but players do need to enable it. I was asking about the players whose gender doesn't show up.

linki: I don't see how my style differs. Also, I don't know what a Wesker scenario is.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2015, 05:28:25 am »
And somehow I replied before i typed out my last response.

Syn, how can you say you like Rico but say you notice a marked difference in his posting style?

Been eating bananas? You sure are slipping on a lot of peels.

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2015, 05:32:44 am »
Syn, how can you say you like Rico but say you notice a marked difference in his posting style?

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

Interesting. Where did Syn say he *liked* Rico?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2015, 05:33:05 am »
Answer: he didn't.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2015, 05:33:48 am »
What is your take on it, MP? jasonC and Syn pitched it so far and you keep inquiring Syn, but I'd like to hear your own thoughts as well.

I find the fact that Cobalt said that he received some lists in a previous game and role requests were usually honored as well is indicative for a "who would pick Mafia" debate being a worthy angle, so Gagarina's stance on it strikes me as odd, as well.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2015, 05:34:40 am »

He said he liked both SVS's playstyle and mine, earlier on.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2015, 05:37:21 am »
Interesting. Where did Syn say he *liked* Rico?

Read the page. :coffee:

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2015, 05:39:52 am »
What is your take on it, MP? jasonC and Syn pitched it so far and you keep inquiring Syn, but I'd like to hear your own thoughts as well.

I find the fact that Cobalt said that he received some lists in a previous game and role requests were usually honored as well is indicative for a "who would pick Mafia" debate being a worthy angle, so Gagarina's stance on it strikes me as odd, as well.
I'll give my take in a bit. I'm reading from my phone, but if I can help it, I prefer writing longer stuff from my laptop. I can help it.

Plus the lack of autocorrect makes some things incomprehensible when I type on this phone when I'm rushing out a thesis on mafia. Yes I just applauded autocorrect because the one on my Note 2 was baller. There is none on my G4.

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1880
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2015, 05:40:07 am »
We have very different styles.

Mechanics game is boring. I'd rather play the "which role did you want the most and why" game.

My brief skim of the roles only revealed one that'd I'd commit to wanting and that's the nine tails role.

I know that this creates more yomi but I definitely did not want to be mafia this game. Four in a row was enough for me. I think TGG or Descuff might have chosen mafia though.

Okay, let's take a step back and not play the "which role did you want the most and why" game, because of this:

Deucalion
Demon Wolf: You are responsible for submitting the night kill for the mafia. In lieu of this, you may send in a guess of three players and their roles. If you guess all three correctly, all three will die regardless of their abilities. If you do not guess correctly, no kill occurs. This ability will be passed down to a mafia of your choice if you die, and will continue to pass down until all mafia are eliminated.

Also, if you definitely did not want to be Mafia this game, you should've submitted a request list of the 5 worst Civ roles. :votebot:

TGG I can understand, but why descuff? Revenge for his failure in Salt Therapy?
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2015, 05:41:14 am »
I read, but I also interpret what I read. "Liking a playstyle" and "liking" can mean two different things here. It just seemed like MP was putting words in Syn's mouth.

Gagarina

• Gathering Fire
  • Moldy Toast
  • Bored of the blonde
  • Rated: +2
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2015, 05:41:37 am »
Eh but MP, you know, everyone can lie that they didn't list, while they did or the other way. It's gambling, basing our opinions on what could have once chosen but he could as well not.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2015, 06:07:25 am »
Eh but MP, you know, everyone can lie that they didn't list, while they did or the other way. It's gambling, basing our opinions on what could have once chosen but he could as well not.

It's not about that.

It's about deducing who we think would make a list, and what they would pick.

Or just nixing the former and sticking with the latter.

Either way, it elicits information, which you are currently trying to snuff out of being discussed.

That's what I take umbrage to.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2015, 06:18:34 am »
I received my fifth desired role.

That is all.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2015, 06:19:39 am »
Looking at the Rico/SVS banter, it looked non-sequitur at the beginning with Rico's post.  Honestly, it looked like a reach on SVS's part to FOS Rico.  The thing is, the Rico slip in that game is very LGP-ish, which sets hairs on the back of my neck on edge.

Personally, I'm of the impression that good scum players are hardly ever going to use the same angles and yomi in a different game.  Rico might have an inclination to do so in this game, but once Bass & SVS sign up, the fear that he would be called out on it, and scrap the whole idea.  The fact that he would even make mention of it when there were players on TS that would know what happened is just too in your face for a null on JTM to even fucking want to consider rehashing that strat, especially if he didn't have someone that could help him retcon the whole thing later.

It's too much of a risk.  Even WITHOUT Syndicate players here, the meta of X game doesn't make Y strategy that worked in Z game work in X game.  That is too bad on the risk/reward ratio for me to believe that Rico would consider it.  Granted, this is based on absolute null for Rico and SVS both, and assumes a great deal on what their minds would consider playing.

Thus, I believe that SVS is reaching very heavily to force a scumread onto him.  I'd buy Rico civ and SVS mafia first, this being civ/civ second, and will pocket the scant possibility that SVS is right (and town) and Rico is scum trying to reheat leftovers for later when the texture of the game permits me to make better reads on the two.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2015, 06:21:45 am »
Also, there is also dat 1% of it being scum/scum, but I don't know how much that Yomi is considered on The Syndicate.  But it's still there.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2015, 06:25:48 am »
I'm gonna add LGP next to Wesker scenario on my what does it mean list.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2015, 06:26:46 am »
Essentially, in order to make it work, he has to:

1. Not have players who would know about it here
2. Not even fucking mention it.  Just do it.
3. Have a good meat shield to help him retcon it.

The odds of that happening in this game is actually 0% because #1 automatically disqualifies it.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2015, 06:28:04 am »
I'm gonna add LGP next to Wesker scenario on my what does it mean list.

LGP is LimeGreenPenis (Otherwise known as LimeGreenPatato) on SRK, where he literally made it so obvious within like 3 posts that he was mafia, and yet never got lynched until it was too late for the civs to win.

Wesker scenario is a 3rd party scenario.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2015, 06:32:39 am »
Would a mafia SVS paint this picture so early on, with her first post? I honestly don't know the answer, but that's a fairly aggressive move by mafia on page 1.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2015, 06:34:00 am »
Well if you're looking for hair-raising LGPs (err let's go with Potato), in that game my real LGP was refusing to answer when someone asked me if I'm bad on D0 (or D1?). True newb miracle how I survived that unscathed. :)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2015, 06:35:23 am »
Well if you're looking for hair-raising LGPs (err let's go with Potato), in that game my real LGP was refusing to answer when someone asked me if I'm bad on D0 (or D1?). True newb miracle how I survived that unscathed. :)

He essentially did that too.  Totally went stealth when he got pressed.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2015, 06:39:35 am »
Would a mafia SVS paint this picture so early on, with her first post? I honestly don't know the answer, but that's a fairly aggressive move by mafia on page 1.

SVS is an excellent player who could probably squeeze D1 pings out of rocks. However, the depth of the case she crafted (plus the misrepresentation of it: my overall slipping habit = my slip in a game I was bad = I'm bad) makes me lean mafia atm.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2015, 07:01:15 am »
If it's of any use for any of you looking into the current case on me, here are the other times I asked for gender checks on TS. I believe it to show that it's a consistent habit with what I've done on Page 1 here.

-- in a sockgame called Biblical, during endgame, just so I can write down the right genders in my spreadsheets for the players I hadn't played with before. Alignment is irrelevant at such a phase, but I was a win-grab indy.

-- in a Watchmen-themed game, during D0, also related to new players I was playing with. I was a survivor-type indy with extra, but benign manipulative powers.

Also, here's me screwing up someone's genderin the same game nevertheless - also consistent with calling it a habit of mine, no matter what.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +21
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2015, 07:26:59 am »
just some thoughts on the SVS/Rico

From an outside perspective I find SVS going after Rico to be scummy. Reading the portion she linked doesn't really give me  anything and saying they told him in BTSC while they didn't seem suspicious. It seems SVS is using a previous game as a reason to lynch Rico she is also establishing distrust for Rico  by connecting him to being mafia in a previous game and being able to get out of suspicions.
I would caution against lynching Rico today, but at the same time I'm not sure about SVS. Though out of the two SVS is more suspicious to me.

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
  • Rated: +23
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2015, 08:02:54 am »
Jeez you guys post early in the morning. Damn time zones.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in me having a propensity to choose civ, SVS. It's like you know me! Like my father still knows me after leaving when I was 4.
You are correct, however i doubt your assumption is based on knowing me.

Your first post as a jump on Rico? Not even an introductory "Hi my name is Sharon from Colorado and I like barn dancing" but a "that guy thinks I am androgynous and I don't like it." Very fishy indeed. I think at least one of you is bad, but for now am in the camp of SVS as scum.

Jason also pinged me. I think he might be of the mafia persuasion as well, but don't have a lot of time today to explain.

Just a heads up that I will be able to skim later on in the day, but will not be posting long-winded drivel like I'm akin to doing due to a long work day ahead. I'll make sure to vote before the day ends.
Beam me up.

Blindknagg

• Toogs repelling pantsu!
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +458
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2015, 08:04:27 am »
Keeping notes about every player's gender seems like a strange habit @Rico. But since it appears to be a regular thing that you keep track of even outside of that one game SVS posted I'm going to write it off as that, a habit.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2015, 08:08:48 am »
Well, I suppose I could indeed just write in "he/she" style when speaking of players' I don't know their gender until it's clarified, but I usually prefer to know in advance.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2015, 08:12:26 am »
Jeez you guys post early in the morning. Damn time zones.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in me having a propensity to choose civ, SVS. It's like you know me! Like my father still knows me after leaving when I was 4.
You are correct, however i doubt your assumption is based on knowing me.

Your first post as a jump on Rico? Not even an introductory "Hi my name is Sharon from Colorado and I like barn dancing" but a "that guy thinks I am androgynous and I don't like it." Very fishy indeed. I think at least one of you is bad, but for now am in the camp of SVS as scum.

Jason also pinged me. I think he might be of the mafia persuasion as well, but don't have a lot of time today to explain.

Just a heads up that I will be able to skim later on in the day, but will not be posting long-winded drivel like I'm akin to doing due to a long work day ahead. I'll make sure to vote before the day ends.

Not a lot of time to explain? More like fishing for a response. :tup: for trying. The day phase lasts longer than your work day, I'm sure. Putting up an excuse to wallflower on Day 1? That's the scummiest behavior so far.

Wolf

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +4
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2015, 08:16:12 am »
Checking in.

Let me read the thread and and post my possible thoughts in a bit.

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2015, 08:18:42 am »
SVS's post was great.

Rico, TGG, MP top 3 for me right now.
Why is TGG included in here? He hasn't even posted yet.
Or is that an inside joke.

Syn is a third one that has my eye for now.

It would seem on the surface that he is baddie hunting and helpful but I think if we look beyond that, we'll see him painting in broad strokes- clarifying people's positions without completely labeling people. Doing some research on several people by combing through posts on TS and declaring Rico is playing differently and SVS is doing what she does best. Just sanding the edges of a nice granite countertop.
I know it's Day 1 and why should Syn have any indication of who is bad with certainty? But I'm cautious to label him as civ because he is giving veiled opinions on people without calling anyone out.
Beam me up.

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2015, 08:20:29 am »
Not a lot of time to explain? More like fishing for a response. :tup: for trying. The day phase lasts longer than your work day, I'm sure. Putting up an excuse to wallflower on Day 1? That's the scummiest behavior so far.
It is what it is. Throwing my pennies in the wishing well. Might come to bite me, but I can't help it. I work 12p-4am today/tomorrow. I'm in no position to explain myself further than initial pings.
Beam me up.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2015, 08:21:40 am »
TGG because of the "who would pick mafia" meta.

quinn

• Chimney Staxxx
  • Moldy Toast
  • Rated: +6
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2015, 08:39:18 am »
Not gonna lie, scrolled right the fuck past all this syndicate pronoun fuss. Playing two games and moving into my new apartment (omg don't play if you don't have time!!!1 I do. don't worry.) so I may seem confused occasionally, the other game is Tinyhunt and the rules are different.

Also, I received my first desires role. That is all.
Also, seriously not mafia. Don't waste your time.

Toodles.