December 15, 2017, 05:16:01 pm

Author Topic: Hardware  (Read 15097 times)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +564
Hardware
« on: August 09, 2015, 03:44:17 pm »
In here, we're going to talk about gamepads (and why they suck for FGs) and arcade sticks.

Note: even Madcatz "fightsticks" shall be known as arcade sticks. That's what they are.

PW- How are you liking the TE2?

I can get Gummo to add PS4 compatibility to my stick for around $160 (after shipping) or get a brand new TE2 for $200. I had a Hori EX2 and didn't like it.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:44:52 pm by Vynce »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1517
Re: Hardware
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 07:11:27 pm »
What stick do you have?

I like the TE2, I havent gotten to use it much since I dont really have any PS4 games that I use for fighting, I used it on PC Ultra SF4 a bit and it was fine. I'd say I don't like how the top plastic is not really snug, like I can feel it moving a bit, which annoys me. When Im playing I don't notice, but when I'm just holding it I do. I dont know if all are like that, or if its just mine.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 02:16:58 am »
That's a common problem with the plexi on the new TEs, from what I've heard.

I still have my SFAC stick with Happ parts

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1407
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:36:17 am »
Think that's also a problem on the Atrox.

I'm looking to build a custom that I have CAD files for. Just need to find someone local to 3D print and laser cut some acryllic for me and I'm gravy.

Gonna use a crown stick and gamerfinger buttons. I played on someones Sanwa silents Saturday and loved them, but gamerfingers have tempted me for a while now.

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 09:57:18 am »
Personally, I'd go with a new TE, rather than pay to dual mode your current stick. I mean its nearly the same price, and the new TEs are sexy. However, the jump to japanese parts is pretty rough.

My friend, who doesn't fully embrace Japanese parts, just swapped out the stick (maybe even just the restrictor plate). I think he put in a stiffer spring, and a round restrictor plate, and replaced the balltop with a bat top. Its not fully japanese or happ, but its a decent hybrid.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 05:02:16 pm »
I don't know...If I get a TE and dislike the stick, I'll be kicking myself. The EX2 is the closest thing I've used to the other Japanese stuff, and I didn't like it. Granted, the EX2 sucks.

From what I hear, the TE2 has a slew of problems. Might wait to see what comes down the line.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 06:14:52 pm »
I had an EX2 as well, I didnt really like it. The TE is miles above that. But still, don't sink $200 until you have had your hands on one in person.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 06:15:37 pm »
Think that's also a problem on the Atrox.

I'm looking to build a custom that I have CAD files for. Just need to find someone local to 3D print and laser cut some acryllic for me and I'm gravy.

Gonna use a crown stick and gamerfinger buttons. I played on someones Sanwa silents Saturday and loved them, but gamerfingers have tempted me for a while now.

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

I looked up those buttons, and they're interesting. If I didnt spring for a special edition TE, with the color scheme, I'd be tempted to do that with LED lighting.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 07:01:49 am »

I had an EX2 as well, I didnt really like it. The TE is miles above that. But still, don't sink $200 until you have had your hands on one in person.

Good advice that's hard to follow.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 06:07:02 pm »
Atrox and TE2 are essentially the same stick by different manufacturers IMO. The only difference is what systems they're compatible for. Try one to know what the other is like.

There's also issues with the Atrox's USB cable.

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
Hardware
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 06:51:35 pm »
So...this is a thing.

http://www.dx.com/p/ps2-to-ps4-pc-controller-gamepad-joystick-converter-adapter-grey-393065#.Vce5b5P7vtQ

And it's getting glowing reviews. And I just ordered it.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:52:07 pm by Vynce »

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
Hardware
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 06:53:02 pm »
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:53:37 pm by Vynce »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 07:27:03 pm »
I just have this

Bought it like 5-6 years ago pretty cheap. It's held up since then, havent needed to replace a thing. I really didnt like the whole MLG thing, but I've been considering doing some redesign stuff. Either Juri Han themed, or I'd need to commision one of the artists I know to make something of my Marvel team of Felicia/Dante/Doom. Just havent felt like doing it yet

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
Hardware
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 02:47:52 pm »
I think MLG is pretty meh too, but that's a good looking stick, TGG.

For those of you just joining us, this is the cinder block I use.

Nubytech Street Fighter Anniversary Edition stick (SFAC). Gutted and replaced the stick with a (real) Happ Competition stick and purple Happ buttons. I've considered changing the art, but what a classic.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:50:49 pm by Vynce »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 03:08:01 pm »
Almost looks like you just remodeled a Mortal Kombat stick. Those things are fucking glorified cubes with buttons

That's a good looking stick, TGG.

Quoted for future out of context exploitation

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 03:29:48 pm »
This is what they look like stock

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 03:31:34 pm »
Those sticks were popular with the CvS2 ps2 crowd I used to play with

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 03:55:54 pm »
Best era.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 05:08:44 pm »
John Choi still plays on MAS and does well.

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 05:51:05 pm »
It's too bad they disappeared.

I'm really anxious to try that converter out. Any of you guys have old PS2 sticks kicking around? Could make for nice P2 guest sticks.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 06:32:51 pm »
Nope, mine have long been gutted. I do have an old SE shell lying around, I think its empty though, but you could mod in a chimp or whatever PCB you want

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 08:08:41 pm »
Nope, mine have long been gutted. I do have an old SE shell lying around, I think its empty though, but you could mod in a chimp or whatever PCB you want
I'm eventually gonna show the design i have for my custom here. Won't show the parts but will show the case construction.

Unless i can find CAD mockups of my parts.

ฉันรอนเบอร์กันดี?

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 07:10:03 am »

Something for you to keep in mind if the converter is the goods. Easily the cheapest way for you to add another PS4 stick to your living room.

Napa- Looking forward to seeing it!

Man, that Venom stick looks like a great purchase for any of you guys in Europe. Sanwa parts essentially drop right in.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 04:39:59 pm »
MP autocorrects to Napa.

Know how?

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 03:14:32 pm »
My adapter is here!

I really want a MAS to park next to my SFAC.

So far, it seems to work perfectly.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 02:14:54 am »
Oh God I just found out laugh can do all the acrylic cutting and 3d printing for my custom shell to be made.

This is a glorious day.

Sent from my LG-F500K using Tapatalk

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 06:42:23 pm »
MP I am super anxious to see what you've been cooking up.

Can you get a Venom PS4 stick over there? Curious how much it would cost shipped to me (from you).

I want one to do a sanwa mod. TE2 doesn't seem like the chingchong stick for me

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 06:46:29 pm »
Actually looks to be a Eu/UK thing.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 10:25:25 pm »
Nah. We can get Madcatz and the Omni over here, along with the Joytron line.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 07:00:34 am »
Well, here's a rough design of what I'm going to have Laugh set up for me.

I'm notorious for never putting FG characters on my arcade sticks.

So basically, Korean joystick, Gamerfinger buttons on the face of the stick, Sanwa clears (or maybe solids?) for the side and back of the stick.  Neutrik USB passthrough, planning on getting a jack on the front for my 360 headset.  The jersey lettering on the sides are going to be done in vinyl stickers.

The corners will be 3D printed, and everything else will be done in laser cut acrylic.  The acrylic parts hook into the corners and themselves, as well as screw into the mount spots on the corners (not pictured)

Also not implemented in this build is a hole for a switch between boards, although I might be able to use the Imp I have leftover from a previous build.  Probably just going to be Xbox 360 + PS4 for max tourney compatibility.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1942
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2015, 07:12:04 am »
Nigga that ain't Lando.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2015, 08:38:42 am »
Nigga that ain't Lando.

The Jesus Toast vector is inconspicuously hidden somewhere on the face.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2015, 09:40:06 am »
Super cool! Make me one too

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2015, 09:08:43 pm »
Super cool! Make me one too

I could, but shipping may kill you. Not sure what it would be on this.

Unless you just want me to send you the files and get someone to do the work for you.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 09:47:54 am »
Theres an auction coming up with a Third Strike and a MvC2 cabinet. 2 third strikes actually. Might try to snag one.

They sold a cabinet with CvS2, that didn't power up, for $125 last auction and I missed it. Arg. Probably want to buy one that just works anyway

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
Hardware
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2015, 09:09:46 pm »
I could, but shipping may kill you. Not sure what it would be on this.

Unless you just want me to send you the files and get someone to do the work for you.

I've actually talked briefly with my father in law about making me a case. He's one of those do-it-all über men who has built things like cabinets and houses. I showed him a picture of a custom. He was like, "Well that's easy..." I think I'll wait for a really cheap stick to drop, gut that, and replace the buttons and stick with Sanwas.

I love my SFAC, but I think I'd like a chingchong stick too.

I wish the Venom would come stateside. Such an easy mod, yet engaging enough to feel accomplished for having done it.

The PS2-PS4 adapter from Brook is super legit, btw. I don't know how they pulled it off, but it's the real deal. Their others are said to be, too.

xx-xx? They have that.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:12:31 pm by Vynce »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 06:33:29 am »
I got a picture of this from laugh today:

This is just a sample, the other pieces shall come in.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 06:35:05 pm »
There's a MAS stick up on eBay. Should go for some good cash. I threw out a bid that would have cost $65 shipped but I can't see going much higher than that since I already have a huge Happ stick.

I'd really like to get a Venom to mod myself. I've heard too many unappealing things about the TE2 to make a move. Maybe a TE-S2 some day.

• Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015, 07:50:41 pm »
I ought send you the files to mine if it works well, Vynce.  I'm sure you could find people to do the laser cutting and 3D printing to make it work.

It's a nice little project.  I'm about to ditch the Neutrik though, i can't get one cheap over here.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2015, 07:26:03 am »
Really looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2015, 08:17:07 am »
I actually just sent off the money to laugh tonight for all this.  So, we're on the way to seeing the finished product.

The wait for my buttons is excruciating.  How can it take so long for them to arrive from Taiwan to Korea?  It's taking the same amount of time as from USA to Korea.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2015, 09:39:03 am »
It takes longer when the trucks keep hitting things

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2015, 09:48:28 am »
It takes longer when the trucks keep hitting things

Like the ocean? Kappa

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2015, 03:04:54 pm »
I meant everything at ground level. Fork truck collisions and trucks on the ground.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2015, 10:14:50 pm »

Oh look what was on my desk that flew in from Taiwan.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2015, 05:49:50 pm »
Didn't I reply to this days ago? Did we have a little purge?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2015, 05:51:55 pm »
Yes. We lost about the last 5 days when we moved over because I'm retarded

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2015, 10:22:12 pm »
Yes. We lost about the last 5 days when we moved over because I'm retarded
Jefferson, give PW his account back so mistakes like this don't happen anymore.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2015, 08:48:24 am »
So this got eated up by Jefferson:

laugh sent me an update yesterday on my stick.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2015, 10:53:53 am »

The shipment from laugh comes tomorrow.