June 26, 2017, 08:38:40 am

Author Topic: Jesus Toast Mafia VI: Teen Wolf - Signups!  (Read 20761 times)

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
  • Rated: +134
Re: Jesus Toast Mafia VI: Teen Wolf - Signups!
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2015, 09:06:30 am »
Too many new faces/unknowns. This will be fun.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2015, 09:08:50 am »
I told a friend about this game, he said he was interested. Will get him to make an account and post ASAP.

I swear to fucking god you bring another friend with every game we play lmao

Also I owe Alpha twp day one votes. Just fyi

Anyway, on that whole dead civs lose if civs win thing, I view it objectively like this

Come into game as civ. Smart Mafia players will kill those who are playing really good civ games either at night or a coordinates mislynch. The only way to avoid that, is to not really play all that well.

Which simplified means "Don't be too good at the game or you lose no matter what". I feel like its just putting a skill barrier on those who could really shine without needing to worry about that. Well see when my game starts on the syndicate.

Personally I don't really give a shit. Even if I win a game over there I won't even put that winner badge on. If I have to remind people that I won a game then its not a win worth remembering. But I know some people do, and those are the issues that I have with the concept in general. I just feel like it's bad game design. To make another video game analogy, which admittedly my counter strike one wasn't that great, its like if you're playing call of duty. If you get a kill streak of 10 the game automatically kills you for it. At that point you won't have a drive to do your best because you know you'll be punished for it
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2015, 09:09:38 am »
I must admit that I'm a bit uneasy about brothers playing, especially if they live together. But I trust Keyblade or whoever he is on here (why can't we pick simpler names :skull:) enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2015, 09:17:17 am »
Also I see your point on those who don't really do anything getting a win after getting lynched day one, but as an extension of that you would then also have to look at who voted for him and say that they shouldn't get to win for lynching a civ on day 1. Some people like me can't really even gather any steam that early. I'm a late bloomer as it takes me a day or two to accumulate any worthwhile leads. If I got lynched day one I shouldn't win if my team does because I can't operate on all cylinders from the very start? That's not very cool.

When you try to throw in all that stuff, it makes it contest with subjective winners. In a place where you guys don't even publicize Mafia chats anymore, you guys should be able to see how stuff like this would produce a lot of hurt feelings and bad blood.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2015, 09:19:10 am »
To make another video game analogy, which admittedly my counter strike one wasn't that great, its like if you're playing call of duty. If you get a kill streak of 10 the game automatically kills you for it. At that point you won't have a drive to do your best because you know you'll be punished for it

What... when did they make this change? (Not that I'm complaining really but it is kind of stupid from what I'm sitting).

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2015, 09:22:39 am »
What... when did they make this change? (Not that I'm complaining really but it is kind of stupid from what I'm sitting).
that's not a thing that happens. I'm just saying if you played that game and died for hitting 10 streak just because you're doing too good, nobody would really try

Rico

• Rye Toast
  • Believe in me, believe in nothing
  • Rated: +3
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2015, 09:32:43 am »
I must admit that I'm a bit uneasy about brothers playing, especially if they live together. But I trust Keyblade or whoever he is on here (why can't we pick simpler names :skull:) enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Dunno about brothers, but we have married couples on TS and it does not affect their gameplay.

ZA WARUDO

• Dio the overlord
  • Moldy Toast
  • STOP TIME!!
  • Rated: +1
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2015, 09:51:07 am »

I'd never do anything to ruin the game because that just sucks the fun out of it. I've told him that once the game starts I'm not going to talk about it at all and he can't mention anything about it to me. I trust him to keep everything to himself
ROAD ROLLER DA! MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!

Metalmarsh89

• Rye Toast
  • Marmot
  • Rated: +7
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2015, 10:04:36 am »

We have so many couples, brothers, or families that play together over at the Syndicate, that I'm definitely used to it. For us, it has hardly been a problem (that I know of). I think people generally do well at not exposing themselves outside of the game threads, especially if one of the players is a veteran. But maybe you folks behave differently than I'm used to, so I guess I really don't know.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1471
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2015, 10:07:58 am »
Alpha and Synonym manage to play fine, despite the fact they're usually blowing each other when they're not posting, and it hasn't been an issue thus far
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2015, 10:11:22 am »
Alpha and Synonym manage to play fine, despite the fact they're usually blowing each other when they're not posting, and it hasn't been an issue thus far
I screeeeamed :rip:

Metalmarsh89

• Rye Toast
  • Marmot
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2015, 10:21:09 am »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2015, 10:22:27 am »
^^^Fixed.
HHHHHHHHH

DRAG ME

:skull:

Roles are going out when we get 3 more players. Just gotta do the RNGs and stuff.

Raevyn

• The Incredible Flake
  • Moldy Toast
  • I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
  • Rated: +37
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2015, 10:29:56 am »
Hi, Cobalt dragged me back here. Hope that's okay!

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1880
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2015, 10:36:46 am »

I'm obviously the seme.

I screeeeamed :rip:

I bet you did. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2015, 10:56:07 am »
I bet you did. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Only for you bby.

Flaggermus

• Moldy Toast
  • Better than ur toast
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2015, 11:23:27 am »
Yo JT imma sign up for this mafiaaaaa

(Hello everyone I'm new to JTM)

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2015, 11:25:42 am »
Alot of new allies! FPSG, you are my ally this game, k?
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2015, 11:27:35 am »
Yo JT imma sign up for this mafiaaaaa

(Hello everyone I'm new to JTM)
Yaaas.

ONE MORE SLOT AND THEN I CAN ASSIGN ROLES!

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2015, 11:32:08 am »
one more let's go

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2015, 11:34:21 am »
@drwill439 @RadicalFuzz @ForgeDigger @Vynce

Would any of you that said no like to go on the sub list?

Searching for one last player. Someone help me recruit so I can finalize roles before work today!

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +597
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2015, 11:42:04 am »
I'm really not feelin it. I don't wanna DQ and ruin your game. :c
かえるおねがい!

c:

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2015, 11:43:46 am »
I'm really not feelin it. I don't wanna DQ and ruin your game. :c
No prob. Just figured I'd ask. :)

Metalmarsh89

• Rye Toast
  • Marmot
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2015, 12:38:38 pm »
@drwill439 @RadicalFuzz @ForgeDigger @Vynce

Would any of you that said no like to go on the sub list?

Searching for one last player. Someone help me recruit so I can finalize roles before work today!

I'm busy the rest of the day, but I did follow up your post on the Syndicate, so I hope we can get another one from there in on this.

But that would be excellent to begin this evening.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2015, 12:51:55 pm »
I'm busy the rest of the day, but I did follow up your post on the Syndicate, so I hope we can get another one from there in on this.

But that would be excellent to begin this evening.
I will put the thread up early (with a slightly extended Day One) if I can get the slot filled today / tonight.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +561
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2015, 01:23:09 pm »
Just keep me out of the losers lounge for now. And no one PM me about the game.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2015, 01:35:15 pm »
Just keep me out of the losers lounge for now. And no one PM me about the game.

Okieeee.

Anyone not playing want in to the LL when we start just let me know.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2015, 01:42:09 pm »
What's the LL?

I'm negotiating with someone to join, but he's undecided, so let me know if (or when) the last slot is filled, to call it off.

Rico

• Rye Toast
« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2015, 01:54:49 pm »
Nevermind, he's not joining.

Blindknagg

• Toogs repelling pantsu!
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +459
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2015, 02:00:56 pm »
What's the LL?

The Loser's Longue, where dead players can discuss the game and be salty  :votebot:

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2015, 02:15:19 pm »
What's the LL?

I'm negotiating with someone to join, but he's undecided, so let me know if (or when) the last slot is filled, to call it off.

When a game starts, people not playing can choose to be a spectator and converse with each other about the game where the actual players cant see them talking about it. As the game progresses, players who die get added to the Loser's Lounge, and people normally give their final guesses on the remaining mafia and stuff.

Or you know, if you call a mafia day one, and a vigi shoots you for it, you have some place to immediately post "FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!"

Amalgam Ego

• zsaC
  • Moldy Toast
  • Not a GTFer
  • Rated: +2
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2015, 03:12:58 pm »
In.

SVS

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +10
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2015, 03:23:36 pm »
I don't see how "win DOA" conditions can't make civs equally blendy - sweating it out less, for instance, if you'd feel there's a good chance the other civs in the game might achieve your win for you. Also, we usually attribute the concept of a "blendier game" to mafia and third parties wanting to look as civ as possible, so the sight itself of a player doing a blendy game would probably raise suspicions, ergo would hurt that player's chances to stay alive till the end.

This is just in my experience over the years. When I first started playing all games were pretty much dead=no win. You had to be alive. then people started playing more with mechanics, and this was just as I observed it. Civs were more likely to make ballsy plays, especially vanilla or lite role civs, who sometimes lose interest due to no night powers.

You might think that re blendy, but perhaps "play it safe" is a better term. A civ is more likely to put themselves out there with a case and not worry about the target on their back as much if they know they can still win.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +777
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2015, 03:26:22 pm »
Still more action then you're seeing limp Willy.

Hurry the fuck up clip artists.

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2015, 04:02:23 pm »
Perfect. Roles go out when I get home from work. Game begins tomorrow morning, 10 AM EST.

Wolf

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +4
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2015, 04:06:00 pm »
Just posting to show I'm still around and waiting for the game and not some wallflower.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2015, 04:06:52 pm »
Just posting to show I'm still around and waiting for the game and not some wallflower.
Guys dis my husband. Hi bae.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2015, 04:18:53 pm »

This is just in my experience over the years. When I first started playing all games were pretty much dead=no win. You had to be alive. then people started playing more with mechanics, and this was just as I observed it. Civs were more likely to make ballsy plays, especially vanilla or lite role civs, who sometimes lose interest due to no night powers.

You might think that re blendy, but perhaps "play it safe" is a better term. A civ is more likely to put themselves out there with a case and not worry about the target on their back as much if they know they can still win.

Also yeah this too. When civs can try their hardest to be useful civs, it puts mafia in a situation where they have to double task in being mafia and trying to appear civ while making good cases and trying to dance around their teammates. Trying to pull that double agent stuff is way harder. In Bible Mafia I didnt really have to worry about acting civ. I just kinda hung out and stuff happened while I ordered my teammates around. In Salt Therapy it was more of an issue, but I still kinda didnt care because it was unranked. We also almost had a clean sweep so I got a bit complacent. Being super civ isnt blendy. It's what they're saying, and why they;re saying it that can make them blendy. You have to look beyond the words. You have to be able to identify well hidden fluff posts, ya know, saying something without actually saying anything

For instance around here some people actually prefer to be roleless. It lets them concentrate on their reads without having the responsibility of a role, while still being some of the most useful people in the game.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2015, 05:05:59 pm »

Also yeah this too. When civs can try their hardest to be useful civs, it puts mafia in a situation where they have to double task in being mafia and trying to appear civ while making good cases and trying to dance around their teammates. Trying to pull that double agent stuff is way harder. In Bible Mafia I didnt really have to worry about acting civ. I just kinda hung out and stuff happened while I ordered my teammates around. In Salt Therapy it was more of an issue, but I still kinda didnt care because it was unranked. We also almost had a clean sweep so I got a bit complacent. Being super civ isnt blendy. It's what they're saying, and why they;re saying it that can make them blendy. You have to look beyond the words. You have to be able to identify well hidden fluff posts, ya know, saying something without actually saying anything

For instance around here some people actually prefer to be roleless. It lets them concentrate on their reads without having the responsibility of a role, while still being some of the most useful people in the game.
^^^All of this.

Wolf

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +4
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2015, 05:08:07 pm »

Hello  :votebot:

This is going to be a fun game, I'm sure.

Zeus

• Rye Toast
  • Warning: I see you...
  • Rated: +2
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2015, 05:16:19 pm »
Hello  :votebot:

This is going to be a fun game, I'm sure.

Sure. Don't be mafia :(

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2015, 10:09:42 pm »
Roles are out. Threads are going up shortly. Day One will be slightly extended, it will begin now but it will end Wednesday night as if it were a regular Day beginning Tuesday at 10 AM.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +597
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2015, 10:14:22 pm »
Invite to LL please.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2015, 10:19:39 pm »
Invite to LL please.
Donesies.

Game thread going up as soon as I copy over my writeup and stuff.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2015, 07:08:05 am »
Anyone else want in to LL?

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2015, 08:39:02 am »
I'll hit the lounge. I really wish I has the time to focus on this, but therrs just too much shit happening IRL.
Not sure what goes here.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2015, 09:34:49 am »
I'll hit the lounge. I really wish I has the time to focus on this, but therrs just too much shit happening IRL.
Added. :) no worries man!

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #198 on: August 16, 2015, 09:27:36 am »
@fingersplints @Bious @Calcifer

I need subs on standby for the end of this day phase please! PM me ASAP.