October 17, 2017, 04:57:25 pm

Author Topic: Street Fighter V: RISE UP!  (Read 31138 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1508
Re: Street Fighter V: RISE UP!
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2016, 08:02:26 am »
One of my training partners beat valle at WNF, and took 9th last week : )

I didn't get to play SFV this weekend, between Charlies first TBall game I coached, Moniques Birthday (party + Steak Dinner + Seeing Wicked date), Charlies Birthday Party, etc, I had like... 20 minutes to myself this weekend lol
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2016, 01:56:21 am »
Fuzz who is this guy? Supposedly he's from Houston.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:56:40 am by jasonC »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1400
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2016, 07:39:27 am »
So ArcadeStream is going to have a big event Saturday night here (morning your time):

Tournament as usual (which we put on hold for that big one we went to last weekend), but THEN:

Two FT10 will be held.

WeirdoNeo vs. Poongko (Neo eliminated Poongko in top 8 at the tournament last weekend)
[TAS] zZInsaneZz vs. Poongko (Insane is a Brazilian R. Mika player that put Poongko into loser's last weekend.)

All based off these tweets:

https://twitter.com/CoreAGaming/status/706727241619677184

https://twitter.com/CoreAGaming/status/706727241619677184

It's big enough that I'm jumping out of my goalie pads, showering, skipping the rookie party (with free beer to boot) to get to ArcadeStream to make sure I'm there to commentate.

http://twitch.tv/arcadestream
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:41:16 am by Missing Person »
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2016, 08:12:21 am »
I don't really know the Houston FGC anymore. My knowledge is that Jan's Birdie is godlike and that's about it.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2016, 01:24:21 pm »
Rare footage of RadicalFuzz preparing for a tournament:

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2016, 10:20:19 am »
@RadicalFuzz I want to get another set in since I've got a month of play under my belt. Problem is, I haven't really decided on a "main" yet, Necalli is the closest I have. Every time I play sets, I pick a different character and see what I can do/learn. So far, I've played Necalli,Ryu,Chun,Sim, Nash, Bison, Zangief to a fairly comfortable place. I think Im gonna go with Necalli for WCW5, though, but Im not entirely sure yet.

But yeah, lets find time to run some sets
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2016, 08:32:09 am »

Here's my one streamed match at my last tournament.

I still haven't bought the game, but my training mode skills have been hardcore.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2016, 09:53:28 am »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2016, 01:13:43 am »
MP You going to be participating in this?

http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/21/spotv-games-announces-street-fighter-v-crash/

I would but it's also going to interfere with my hockey season.  I have games during the same time this runs.

I've also been asked to do English commentary for it because they know me from the ArcadeStream booth.  My usual partner in crime is gonna be in France during it, so if I have to, it'd probably be with Laugh?

Anyway, Team ArcadeStream may be boycotting due to the fact that they won't let half our team register because they aren't allowing US Military.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2016, 09:22:31 pm »
Well looks like I'm doing this SF Crash after all. I'm going to be commentating. Supposed to go to the arena today for wardrobe and photography.

Sent from my LG-F500K using Tapatalk

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:23:52 am by Missing Person »

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2016, 09:54:52 am »
Thats really cool, I'll have to tune in to watch for sure. Im doing the Alex Valle training session next saturday, but Im sure I will have time to watch

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2016, 10:06:56 am »
Nice.  Should be awesome background material.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2016, 04:51:50 am »
MP's got the expression of a kid that just touched himself for the first time.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2016, 06:55:01 am »
MP's got the expression of a kid that just touched himself for the first time.

Maybe I did touch myself.

They had ring card girls in the green room, FWIW. Skizzzgasm

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2016, 04:45:51 pm »
Heading out for rehearsal. I'll link the channel when I know it.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2016, 07:00:41 pm »
3 hours till showtime.

http://twitch.tv/crash_en

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2016, 07:28:30 pm »
So playing through the trials has shown me that UMvC3 has taught me some terrible timing/buffering fundamentals and was a bad game to start with. Except for Ken's trials. Mash that nigga's combos out as fast as you can.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2016, 12:07:51 am »
Went to valles training thing; god bodied. Did 2 tournaments, single elimination, went out first round both times. Then I watched people I bodied in casuals go on like 3 rounds deep.

Afterwards, I played a set with a girl. I beat her 17 times in a row and then made her cry. All in all a good night.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2016, 02:09:26 am »
Hahahahaha welcome to my world nigga.

Making kids cry.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2016, 02:13:44 am »
Afterwards, I played a set with a girl. I beat her 17 times in a row and then made her cry. All in all a good night.

I usually make girls cry while I'm beating them. It's after about the 5th time when they start begging me to stop using the belt.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2016, 02:23:43 am »
Oh yeah, congrats to MP on the successful stream. I didn't watch it, but MP's mum seemed to enjoy watching it on silent.

• Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +788
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2016, 03:15:16 am »
Afterwards, I played ... with a girl. I beat her 17 times in a row and then made her cry. All in all a good night.
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2016, 09:49:23 am »
@RadicalFuzz do you play Birdie by any chance?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2016, 12:15:13 pm »
Yarrrrrrrr

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2016, 02:37:07 pm »
Thanks for the practice and tips.

On Laura, knee juggle = cross up anything else = no cross up?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2016, 11:24:35 pm »
Yep. And remember, in V-Trigger everything is a crossup. And that only applies to the EX fireball thing, there are surely other shenanigans from weird juggles

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2016, 12:39:02 pm »
You texas guys going to play at Texas Showdown?

Also, I went 0-2. Literally completely from nerves. I was dropping combos due to my hands shaking. The first player was decent, but I should have won.

He went Alex, beat me. I then beat him. He switched to birdie, and it was close but he took it from me due to me missing a super cancel.

Second guy was pretty weak, played Ken. Missed a few key punishes, and again was dropping my links. Lost 2-1. Ugh.

Went into the second chance tournament for all the 0-2ers (64 of us) and took 9th. Was like 2-3 games away from playing the finals on stream : P. Ended up losing to a Rashid when I just couldnt find my openings. lost 2-1.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2016, 07:53:25 am »
I was originally going to go to help run the Melee tournament but my friend said he got it covered. Instead going to Dallas to take their money.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2016, 07:58:40 am »
Is Dallas hosting a competing tournament? lol

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2016, 11:28:54 am »
No, they're having a Project M tournament. The only Smash at Showdown is the Melee side event and any BYOC.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2016, 06:25:51 pm »
Heading to Wednesday night fights tonight

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2016, 03:48:02 am »
I hit Gold rank last night. Woohoo.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2016, 10:16:52 pm »
Have PS4, up to Super Bronze.

Switched characters.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2016, 10:49:44 pm »
Who did you switch to?

I havent played much since that night I went to Wed night fights. My training partner has been playing with this new gold gief at his work. yesterday, he beat me 11-0 (His Cammy vs My Necalli). Ouch. I need to get gud.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2016, 01:10:46 am »
I switched to Cammy.  Never thought I'd see the day.

You can see some of my matches I guess on my CFN.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2016, 07:47:24 pm »
Oh fuck, just found out about the free story mode update coming next month. That'll be enough for me to sink some more time into it.

Also lol at the new Fighting Game Discussion description.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2016, 10:27:59 pm »
Still no Balrog. :tdown:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2016, 04:00:39 am »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +561
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2016, 06:26:45 am »
Knock it off ;(

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2016, 10:24:26 pm »
At this point, we're probably not even getting ibuki in may, which is ridiculous!

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2016, 07:57:32 pm »
"Oops, did we imply we'd release a character this month?"
-Capcom, May 31st, 11:57 PM

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2016, 10:18:26 pm »
Capcom Japan literally said "That schedule that capcom USA put out? Yeah we never intended to follow it"

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2016, 03:52:20 am »
So we just beat out Button Mashers for ratings on Twitch.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2016, 04:37:11 am »
It's always good to start gaining popularity during your season finale.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2016, 05:39:55 pm »
Constructive critique pls.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2016, 10:33:59 am »
I think you dominated that cammy too much to give good feedback, he didn't challenge your jump ins or abuse c.HP or even have a solid pressure game on knockdowns, which gave you way too much leeway to just do whatever the fuck you wanted lol.

Incidentally, Cammy is the match I have the most experience with, since my training partner mains cammy (and I Necalli). In general, you missed quite a bit of damage. I think Necalli really needs to get his damage in where he can, because your openings can be few and far between. On those blocked drills, you were doing c.mp into charge, but Im pretty sure you can punish with s.mp, c.mp charge instead to really make him hate life.

I think doing c.jab, s.mk on opponents wakeup is an important counterhit trap to opening her up, but in order to do that you have to open them up by showing your willing to throw. I prefer regular throw over command grab, because if they neutral jump its standing jab/uppercut time anyway, but once you have them fearful of that it really makes his offense shine.

But like I said, you made that bronze guy look foolish, so theres really not much to say. I never saw you abuse standing jab into v trigger into c.mp, which is always the best lol.

At Vanguard, in my pools I got to face Alex Myers. Man what a rough time that was. My friend plays the most aggressive cammy in the world, and I win by being patient enough to find holes in his game and exploit them. But With Alex, man that dude was patient. Made me come to him, stayed the perfect distance from my normals and whiff punished me like crazy. I did manage to take 1 round off him, and a few others got close (dropped 1 game due to me missing my super; the combo somehow dropped mid combo and I got fucked). So that was a good learning experience.

I rarely play ranked, I always do battle lounges with my friends and we get 3-4 people just bashing out games. But they're all gold ,and Im still silver, so I'm grinding up to gold just so I don't feel like the loser lol. Almost up to 3k now after starting at like 2200 last night.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2016, 03:40:43 pm »
Anyone going to EVO?
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2016, 06:05:37 pm »
MP is
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2016, 09:20:25 am »
Yeah I'm going.  Playing in sf5, and various side events.