June 24, 2017, 08:31:48 am

Author Topic: JTM Mafia #~: Salt Therapy Day 5: Flattened (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 47979 times)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
Re: JTM Mafia #~: Salt Therapy (Day 1: Welcome to the Spa)
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2015, 06:16:15 pm »
All you need is one post?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2015, 06:20:36 pm »
Alpha, why am I in the "most likely to be mafia" section?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2015, 06:23:14 pm »
All you need is one post?

If by one post you mean to say his entire posting history before and during said post, then yes.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1387
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2015, 06:24:10 pm »
Vote Registered For vonvorto
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2015, 06:24:28 pm »
After two consecutive mafia losses, I don't know if Wilgy would try mafia again.
Des I have no idea on.
Missing Person maybe would bother.
Aidebit I have no idea on. Probably not.
FPSG, heh. Never.
Alpha probably not.
Forge no idea on.
Blindknagg no idea on.
TGG perhaps since he has yet to draw it on this site.
Cobalt loves being mafia.
kaz no idea on.
Augustus would never tell you.
Souther highly unlikely.

Thoughts on that list.

I think FPSG wouldnt want to go with Mafia. IIRC he has been caught as mafia on this site every single time he's been mafia. Or at the very least, night killed by a civ as mafia.

I don't know if MP would go for it either. He seems to like trying to solve the game too much as a civ, plus he has been constantly under the microscope ever since Disney. He'd likely avoid the possibility.

I think Blindknagg would consider choosing mafia. I think he likes playing the bad guy with his Gant sprites about as much as I love being a snarky bitch with my Von Karma sprites.

I considered choosing mafia because of the exact reason you stated, but with a player pool this small it would be a lot easier to get caught. I liked being mafia in Bible Mafia because there was 40 people in there. A lot of room to hide in plain sight, not so much in a 16 player game. Plus I barely got to fucking play last game and I want to get a re-do as full power civ TGG.

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
  • Rated: +23
Current Votes
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2015, 06:30:21 pm »
No Vote(7):Aidebit, Fruit Punch Samurai G , Blindknagg, XthAtGAm3RGuYX, Cobalt, kaz, Augustus
Invalid Vote(3):descuffphoenix, Missing Person, ✰Alpha✰
Augustus(2):ForgeDigger, Souther
Souther(1):DrWilgy

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1880
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2015, 06:40:06 pm »
Alpha, why am I in the "most likely to be mafia" section?

I tend to remember you doing well as Mafia, and iirc you enjoyed it. That list is entirely based on memory, so I could be wrong, but I'd consider moving you down if you could link me to an instance where you didn't enjoy being Mafia.

What are your thoughts on people that would pick Mafia?
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2015, 06:50:27 pm »
I tend to remember you doing well as Mafia, and iirc you enjoyed it. That list is entirely based on memory, so I could be wrong, but I'd consider moving you down if you could link me to an instance where you didn't enjoy being Mafia.

What are your thoughts on people that would pick Mafia?

You're probably thinking of the DBZ game, where mafia just slayed. And as for an instance where I didn't enjoy being mafia: the Spy game. On the day I got lynched I just went completely silent. I don't feel as free as I normally do when I'm mafia, and sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Cobalt would definitely pick mafia, I think he really does like playing mafia, judging by how often he brings up how he survived until Day 6 with a Day 4 red read on him.

Last game, Augustus was almost about to get a mafia win for the first time, but Bious screwed him over, so I can see him picking mafia again to redeem himself.

Aside from that, I can get behind TGG's assessment of Blindknagg.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2015, 06:56:39 pm »
Oh yeah, keep in mind I rolled roles if we were short either Civs or Mafia.

Doubt it will get answered but because it was brought up, Bious, is the mafia team compromised of people who chose to be mafia? Otherwise clearing people based on whether they would choose mafia will mean nothing. Plus if this is info the mafia has and the civs dont, then they could use it to their advantage.   
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2015, 07:09:07 pm »

Doubt it will get answered but because it was brought up, Bious, is the mafia team compromised of people who chose to be mafia? Otherwise clearing people based on whether they would choose mafia will mean nothing. Plus if this is info the mafia has and the civs dont, then they could use it to their advantage.

My new response to stupid questions.

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2015, 07:12:38 pm »
Lol. It seemed like a valid question. The chances that everyone picked civ exist.
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2015, 07:18:45 pm »
Lol. It seemed like a valid question. The chances that everyone picked civ exist.

I see your point with that, but come on man. You've been here long enough. Somebody in this crowd is sure to be bad on purpose.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2015, 07:19:56 pm »
Um.. that post of his you quoted answers your question. If everyone picked civilian, then he randomized the mafia roles to those people.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2015, 07:20:08 pm »

Yeah, but either way he wasn't going to tell us. Just like he didn't tell us how to get the Master Seal.

#neverforgetfireemblem
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2015, 07:22:06 pm »
I think FPSG spewed himself civilian.

That was easy.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2015, 07:22:42 pm »
Yeah, but either way he wasn't going to tell us. Just like he didn't tell us how to get the Master Seal.

#neverforgetfireemblem

@Missing Person you'll tell us if you can turn into a dragon this game right?

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2015, 07:24:33 pm »

#neverforgetfireemblem

Skizzz had to make 3 kills and we would have gifted him one; either player kills or enemy kills would have worked.

#forgetfireemblem

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2015, 07:25:00 pm »
@Bious

Can I request that votes be locked when submitted once the game reaches LYLO? Otherwise you get last second vote-switching shenanigans which are rather dumb in that situation.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2015, 07:27:13 pm »
@Bious

Can I request that votes be locked when submitted once the game reaches LYLO? Otherwise you get last second vote-switching shenanigans which are rather dumb in that situation.

LYLO?

...asking for new rules seems a bit much - unless they favor civs.

If LYLO favors civs, then by all means.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2015, 07:30:47 pm »
@Bious

If everyone playing agrees to it then yes, otherwise it wouldn't be fair for me to flat-out add that stipulation.

LYLO= Lynch or Lose, basically you lynch correctly or lose.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2015, 07:40:08 pm »
If everyone playing agrees to it then yes, otherwise it wouldn't be fair for me to flat-out add that stipulation.

I disagree to it.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2015, 07:41:33 pm »
In a situation where the civilians can lose the game by mislynching, allowing people to change their existing votes at the last second is cancerous. That's why they should be locked.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2015, 07:41:53 pm »

LYLO= Lynch or Lose, basically you lynch correctly or lose.

What does that even mean?

That you lose the game if you don't guess correctly?

That's... Mafia, isn't it?

Or do you mean that players auto-lose if they mis-lynch?

That's bullshit.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2015, 07:42:30 pm »
In a situation where the civilians can lose the game by mislynching, allowing people to change their existing votes at the last second is cancerous. That's why they should be locked.

If on the day of such coming up, then yes.

If before, then fuck that.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2015, 07:43:57 pm »
If on the day of such coming up, then yes.

If before, then fuck that.

I'm only proposing it be done for LYLO.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2015, 07:45:13 pm »
I'm only proposing it be done for LYLO.

Ooooh.

Okay then.

But how about, say, 4 hours from deadline?

That seems better.

If someone fucks up, then we have room to change our minds.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2015, 07:45:19 pm »
What does that even mean?

That you lose the game if you don't guess correctly?

That's... Mafia, isn't it?

Or do you mean that players auto-lose if they mis-lynch?

That's bullshit.

LYLO is when you have, for example, 2 civilians and 1 mafia left or 3 civilians and 2 mafia left.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
  • Rated: +134
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2015, 07:48:03 pm »
*shrugs*
I kind of disagree since it benefit mafia more imo.
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2015, 07:49:17 pm »
It benefits civilians more...

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2015, 07:50:05 pm »
But like... civs are more likely to screw up are they not?
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2015, 07:57:58 pm »
The point of having locked votes is to stop mafia from potentially snagging some undeserved win by changing their votes at the last second. It's not skillful - especially when not everyone can be there at EOD.

Plus, the threat of a locked vote makes you think things through more when voting.

I mean, if you guys don't want to, fine. I just feel like it's the wiser thing to do.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2015, 07:59:50 pm »
But like... civs are more likely to screw up are they not?

I think you're just saying this because there were cross-posts with votes in that one turbo game. You just have to let that not happen.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2015, 08:01:52 pm »
Eh then again running it through my head, it seems more neutral to me. So I guess I can go with it.

Preview Edit: Oh I see...

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2015, 08:02:23 pm »
I get the LYLO thing sorta, it makes the mafia really have to think about placing their votes. If they put their votes in early, then the consensus changes, then they're out, but if they hang back, it's gonna look suspicious and all the mafia might get caught. I think it benefits the civs, but the civs have to be pretty sharp in order to get something out of it.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +597
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2015, 08:32:56 pm »
So I checked: The only people who chose black at all in Shards was:

MP, Exodus., Vynce

And none of them put it first.
かえるおねがい!

c:

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +217
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2015, 09:19:15 pm »
I don't.

Wilgy looks like scum, to me.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Souther, what do you know about me? y'know what I know about you? You're mafia! PRAISE  :votebot:

Also, @Augustus I disagree.

After two consecutive mafia losses, I don't know if Wilgy would try mafia again.
You were also wrong here. I wanted that tasty tasty mafia win (DUUUUUUUHHHHHH). Sadly I didn't get mafia, MEAAAANING there's alot of mafia wannabes, good chance if you think someone may have roll'd mafia, they are mafia. Lastly, there's a good chance that Souther's scum. Possibly Descuff as well.

Now that that's out of the way, how about we listen to the wonderful PSG soundtrack
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2015, 09:23:08 pm »
Uh...

Vote Registered For DrWilgy

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2015, 09:30:20 pm »
No Vote(7):Aidebit, Fruit Punch Samurai G , Blindknagg, XthAtGAm3RGuYX, Cobalt, kaz, Augustus
Augustus(2):ForgeDigger, Souther
Invalid Vote(2):Missing Person, ✰Alpha✰
DrWilgy(1):descuffphoenix

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2015, 09:54:04 pm »
"uh..." What? are you going to accuse me of being scum? or are you, like souther, just going to make useless retaliation scum accusations? I thought you liked my accusation of Souther earlier. Oh... I'm getting moist... *shudders*

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2015, 09:56:32 pm »

Kill it.

Kill it with Scrubbing Bubbles.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2015, 09:56:38 pm »

Kill it.

Kill it with Scrubbing Bubbles.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2015, 09:58:15 pm »
Hmm... Should we test Wilgy? If we lynch him and he's Civ, he's telling the truth about there being more than three people choosing Mafia. If he's lying, he's Mafia.

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2015, 10:00:24 pm »
Invalid Vote(2):Missing Person, ✰Alpha✰
DrWilgy(2):descuffphoenix, Souther
Augustus(1):ForgeDigger

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2015, 10:06:30 pm »
"uh..." What? are you going to accuse me of being scum? or are you, like souther, just going to make useless retaliation scum accusations? I thought you liked my accusation of Souther earlier. Oh... I'm getting moist... *shudders*

1.) Your post before my vote seem scummy.
2.) I never said I liked your accusation or anything about you really.
3.) I explained that I can't accurately read Souther if that wasn't clear enough.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2015, 10:10:17 pm »
Hmm... Should we test Wilgy? If we lynch him and he's Civ, he's telling the truth about there being more than three people choosing Mafia. If he's lying, he's Mafia.

I want to. I think that if he's civ, he mentioned picking mafia in order to appear honest and open, but really, why would he need to do that? People here are very distrusting, and for good reason. If he's mafia, he talked about it to cause some chaos.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +597
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2015, 10:13:27 pm »
Seems too easy imo.

But I don't really have any other suspects rn, so I guess I could see it.
かえるおねがい!

c:

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2015, 10:20:50 pm »

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2015, 10:21:26 pm »

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2015, 10:35:20 pm »
Then what comes next my friend?