August 23, 2017, 11:55:32 pm

Author Topic: JTM Mafia #~: Salt Therapy Day 5: Flattened (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 49042 times)

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
  • Rated: +134
Re: JTM Mafia #~: Salt Therapy (Day 1: Welcome to the Spa)
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2015, 10:41:11 pm »
In a classic style, your incoming bangwagon will be flimsy after you make some sort of civ-like post and then we will end up mislynching a civ.

But now that I said that, the course of futurety will be altered.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2015, 11:29:32 pm »
Oh hi this game started. Lemme address my mentions and some stuff.

Cobalt loves being mafia.
Eh. GTF is nooby and super easy to yomi the shit out of. Festivals I literally talked out my ass and survived three more days with a fucking red check from the dead confirmed cop. That shit would never fly here. I would need more experience here before choosing mafia in a small game like this.

Well I always say that I enjoy being mafia more than roleless civ.

Interpret that however you like.

(It's pretty clear that Roman would choose civ tbh)
Roman's almost never mafia. I don't think he'd choose it willingly.

Hi.

I wouldn't pick mafia. Have you seen how bad my ELO rating is? No way I'm gonna risk it again.
This is not an ELO game, so this post immediately draws my eye.

@✰Alpha✰

I can say that Cobalt enjoy being mafia but he's also a much better civ (as he would admit himself). Personally, going on meta-game arguments I see him as more neutral.
I only enjoy it when civs are dumb. Civs aren't dumb here. You think I'd chance being opposite Alpha? Pfff.

Cobalt would definitely pick mafia, I think he really does like playing mafia, judging by how often he brings up how he survived until Day 6 with a Day 4 red read on him.
Why are you so insistent and definitely sure that that's what I would do, especially since you're only judging based on what you know of me from another site?

I would never pull off the kind of bullshitting here that I pulled off in that GTF game you and I referenced.

@my reads: Wilgy is the most obnoxious right now. I find him the scummiest, and he's normally incredibly hard for me to read because he shitposts like 80% of the time. So if I'm honestly getting scum vibes from him I'm willing to place some stock in that, and it's enough for a vote for me for right now unless something damning comes along, which it won't since it's day one.

Other scum reads right now are Aidebit for insisting I would definitely pick mafia, and I'm leaning bad on Alpha, not just for meta reasons.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2015, 11:45:28 pm »
Woops, forgot.

Vote Registered For DrWilgy

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2015, 11:50:24 pm »
Why are you so insistent and definitely sure that that's what I would do, especially since you're only judging based on what you know of me from another site?

I would never pull off the kind of bullshitting here that I pulled off in that GTF game you and I referenced.

Maybe "definitely" wasn't the right word. But I'm definitely leaning towards you picking mafia. And me bringing up the "bullshitting" isn't me saying that you'd do something to that extent again, but that you enjoy deception, which is directly tied to the role of mafia.

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
  • Rated: +23
Current Votes
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2015, 12:00:28 am »
No Vote(6):Aidebit, Fruit Punch Samurai G , Blindknagg, XthAtGAm3RGuYX, kaz, Augustus
DrWilgy(3):descuffphoenix, Cobalt, Souther
Invalid Vote(2):Missing Person, ✰Alpha✰
Augustus(1):ForgeDigger
Souther(1):DrWilgy

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +612
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2015, 12:04:13 am »
Oh. I thought it was ELO ranked.

Fuck. I should've picked mafia. >.<
かえるおねがい!

c:

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2015, 12:14:05 am »
Maybe "definitely" wasn't the right word. But I'm definitely leaning towards you picking mafia. And me bringing up the "bullshitting" isn't me saying that you'd do something to that extent again, but that you enjoy deception, which is directly tied to the role of mafia.
As I've said, when civs are dumb, of course I enjoy the deception. I wouldn't risk it in such a small game with such a skilled set of players.

Oh. I thought it was ELO ranked.

Fuck. I should've picked mafia. >.<
Mmmmmmmmmhm. :eli:

Put Forge down on my scum leans.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2015, 02:03:35 am »
Fuck picking a side. Rolling alliance/role is too exciting for that.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2015, 02:42:26 am »
Des and Souther seem clean to me right now. Other than that and my previous scum leans, everyone else is null.

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2015, 03:47:28 am »
If the game wasn't for ELO points wouldn't that many more of you pick mafia? I can recall quite a few of you here who haven't been mafia often (or at least to my remembrance) to at least probably want a shot at doing it now. Personally, I hate being mafia, but that's just me. Then again, I look like mafia no matter what game I play in for whatever reason.

Anyways, I'm looking first at those who I don't recall being mafia and even those who probably have never been mafia at all. Has GamerGuy been mafia yet? What about Cobalt, descuffphoenix and Aidebit? I may have been on a hiatus from SRK when Aidebit was mafia, but someone will have to let me know when he was mafia.

Can someone also inform me on who Roman is?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1895
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2015, 04:03:25 am »
I only enjoy it when civs are dumb. Civs aren't dumb here. You think I'd chance being opposite Alpha? Pfff.

I'm leaning bad on Alpha, not just for meta reasons.

Hmm. That first sentence implies that you either know I'm Civ or think that I would pick Civ. The second sentence contradicts that.

Augustus.
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2015, 04:04:06 am »
Roman is Augustus' account over at GTF iirc.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2015, 04:25:18 am »
As I've said, when civs are dumb, of course I enjoy the deception. I wouldn't risk it in such a small game with such a skilled set of players.

I suppose I can accept that. Given what you said about the ELO points not mattering, I'm assuming the "risk" is just about your enjoyment of this particular game, am I correct? You have been posting civlike so far, so I'm not gonna be too suspicious of you for now.

And @kaz I have been mafia before, once in DBZ, where you participated, and we were also mafia together in the Spies game.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I won't blame you for not remembering that game, though. *shudders*

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2015, 04:46:20 am »
I suppose I can accept that. Given what you said about the ELO points not mattering, I'm assuming the "risk" is just about your enjoyment of this particular game, am I correct? You have been posting civlike so far, so I'm not gonna be too suspicious of you for now.

And @kaz I have been mafia before, once in DBZ, where you participated, and we were also mafia together in the Spies game.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I won't blame you for not remembering that game, though. *shudders*

I'm thinking. DBZ must have been a game where I was out relatively early and stopped paying attention. What was the Spies game? LOL @ me being mafia with you. I don't remember that at all.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2015, 06:10:42 am »
If the game wasn't for ELO points wouldn't that many more of you pick mafia? I can recall quite a few of you here who haven't been mafia often (or at least to my remembrance) to at least probably want a shot at doing it now. Personally, I hate being mafia, but that's just me. Then again, I look like mafia no matter what game I play in for whatever reason.

Anyways, I'm looking first at those who I don't recall being mafia and even those who probably have never been mafia at all. Has GamerGuy been mafia yet? What about Cobalt, descuffphoenix and Aidebit? I may have been on a hiatus from SRK when Aidebit was mafia, but someone will have to let me know when he was mafia.

Mobile snipping is a bitch. I was Mafia both games that I played on The Syndicate. I very nearly lead a Mafia win in Bible Mafia. In bullets over Broadway I bailed out because I didn't have internet. My replacement has since died.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2015, 06:12:55 am »
Mobile snipping is a bitch. I was Mafia both games that I played on The Syndicate. I very nearly lead a Mafia win in Bible Mafia. In bullets over Broadway I bailed out because I didn't have internet. My replacement has since died.

I have no idea what the Syndicate is. You being mafia there more or less says to me that you're still virgin mafia here since I don't recall you being mafia at all with SRK. Sorry.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2015, 07:21:48 am »

Hello there.

I never drawn mafia on here. However in total I been mafia 3 times.
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2015, 07:53:09 am »
Hello. I only have several hours until I longer have access to a desktop until Monday. Help me make the most of  it.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:34 am »
Vote Registered For Missing Person

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2015, 08:00:51 am »
No Vote(5):Aidebit, Fruit Punch Samurai G , Blindknagg, XthAtGAm3RGuYX, kaz
Missing Person(1):Augustus

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2015, 08:24:16 am »
Why MP @augustus?

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2015, 08:24:56 am »

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2015, 08:26:23 am »
Get it? Cause he's missing... and a person? xD

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2015, 08:28:50 am »
Also Blindknagg must be factored in if he didn't picked an alignment, assuming he's telling the truth.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2015, 08:31:35 am »
Because he's not doing anything.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2015, 08:41:51 am »
I'd love to vote Missing Person just for laughs (especially in "Salt Therapy" game) but I'm going to probably vote with the odds of someone's mafia who's never been mafia with SRK.

Hoping someone possibly wises up to this.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2015, 09:01:29 am »
I have no idea what the Syndicate is. You being mafia there more or less says to me that you're still virgin mafia here since I don't recall you being mafia at all with SRK. Sorry.

>not reading past the first sentence
>or my previous post on the topic

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2015, 09:02:02 am »
I hope we don't base all of our lynches only on the assumptions that 'certain person' would pick mafia.

Right now, I don't see myself voting for Aidebit, Cobalt, FPSG, or Souther. It's still a toss-up on who I'll end up on though.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2015, 09:12:42 am »
>not reading past the first sentence
>or my previous post on the topic

Read past the first sentence when:

1) No reference of the Syndicate was mentioned anywhere else in the thread prior to your comment.
2) The Syndicate is not SRK or JTM (where the majority of us are SRK)

I hope we don't base all of our lynches only on the assumptions that 'certain person' would pick mafia.

Right now, I don't see myself voting for Aidebit, Cobalt, FPSG, or Souther. It's still a toss-up on who I'll end up on though.

I liken this game to that of an All-Star game. Day 1 is even more random, but someone's got to go down. I have to ask, what else do we have to go on right now?

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2015, 09:18:14 am »
Because he's a missing person.

I see.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2015, 09:19:00 am »
Because he's a missing person.

I see.

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2015, 09:19:34 am »
Tapatalk please Skizzzgasm

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2015, 09:22:02 am »

It's pretty much all we have to go on for a while. Especially since the next couple of Night kills are more or less predetermined with no Medic to save us, leaving us with very little information.

Interesting how you put Cobalt as "loves being Mafia", but now don't see yourself voting for him though.
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2015, 09:30:41 am »
No Vote(4):Aidebit, Fruit Punch Samurai G , XthAtGAm3RGuYX, kaz
Missing Person(2):Blindknagg, Augustus

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2015, 09:34:46 am »
Interesting how you put Cobalt as "loves being Mafia", but now don't see yourself voting for him though.

Meh.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2015, 09:36:55 am »
Those reads were made by only looking at their content and nothing more.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2015, 09:39:11 am »
Those reads were made by only looking at their content and nothing more.

I'd say it's unwise to not take as many potential factors into account as possible.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2015, 09:43:57 am »
@DrWilgy

Did you really request mafia and not get it?

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2015, 11:28:36 am »
No I was lying kappa

Yes I requested mafia and didn't get it. Why would that be the first bit of info I would share if I was lying? Is it because you are abunch of busterinos?
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2015, 02:37:35 pm »
Hmm. That first sentence implies that you either know I'm Civ or think that I would pick Civ. The second sentence contradicts that.
In the first sentence, I just meant that I wouldn't choose mafia on the chance that you would choose civ. I didn't mean that I thought you had picked either one. In the second one, I'm saying that I find you suspicious for other reasons, regardless of whether or not I think you chose mafia.

Which I think you might have, honestly.

I suppose I can accept that. Given what you said about the ELO points not mattering, I'm assuming the "risk" is just about your enjoyment of this particular game, am I correct?
Yes.

No I was lying kappa

Yes I requested mafia and didn't get it. Why would that be the first bit of info I would share if I was lying? Is it because you are abunch of busterinos?
See now this makes me tick. Saying that he requested mafia and didn't get it is an easy way for him to get out in the open that he would / did pick mafia, except it leaves it open for yomi that at least three other people picked mafia. While we concentrate on who those three other people might be, he slips under the radar. I'm not really willing to let that slide.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2015, 02:43:55 pm »
...is MP wallflowering? What?

@Missing Person pls explain.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2015, 02:45:12 pm »
JTM is back yissss

Vote Registered For DrWilgy

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2015, 03:00:12 pm »
DrWilgy(4):descuffphoenix, Aidebit, Cobalt, Souther
No Vote(3):Fruit Punch Samurai G , XthAtGAm3RGuYX, kaz
Missing Person(2):Blindknagg, Augustus

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2015, 03:43:00 pm »
Uhuhuhu!!  :votebot: Sorry for sharing info with everyone. I would recommend thinking twice about whom you kill next. After me you will only have 3 more mislynches before the game ends.

I would like to ask. Out of the few games I've been in, have I started out as a doctor when I'm mafia?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2015, 04:06:14 pm »

I never really understood the whole doctor thing. I feel like it's an inside joke that only you get.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2015, 04:08:18 pm »
I never really understood the whole doctor thing. I feel like it's an inside joke that only you get.
That's literally how I've ALWAYS felt about it. It's rather annoying on my end tbh.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2015, 04:12:37 pm »
Wilgy, vote for MP.

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2015, 05:00:07 pm »
Wilgy, vote for MP.

Why?

Because if you manage to force a tie/pull off a lynch on your uncharacteristically quiet fellow Mafioso, it will somehow look like you are both innocent, and not merely throw a member who OBVIOUSLY has a ton of IRL stuff going on, else he'd up in here, posting 3 x more than the next most active poster?

That is so obvious, especially given my already calling the 3 of you out, that it might just approach the zenith of lazy, giving zero fucks about anything, genius.

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2015, 05:01:37 pm »
*throwing.

I'd use the proper terminology, but given half of the players in here, "tossing" might cause unwanted "shipping".

:coffee:

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2015, 05:24:03 pm »
Hahahahaha!!! Sure thing Augs