October 19, 2017, 07:20:47 am

Author Topic: JTM Mafia #~: Salt Therapy Day 5: Flattened (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 50441 times)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +705
JTM Mafia #~: Salt Therapy Day 5: Flattened (Mafia Wins!)
« on: July 16, 2015, 12:58:19 pm »
"Annnd there we go. Last one is all tucked in. We're all set now, sir."

Bious smiled and turned to the screen.

"Begin the therapy session."

Bowing, the nurse pressed a few buttons.

Bious' face appeared in front of a group of individuals.

"Welcome, all of you! I am glad to say that you have been the first group chosen to take part in our new VR Mafia simulation! You all have been briefed on how to play, so I'll skip the boring details. Now then, good luck to you all... and may the best group win!"

Roles:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ordinary Civ (9): You are responsible for voting and lynching the Salty Ones.

Morton Salt Girl (1): Every night you may choose a target. You will then learn if that target is guilty or not.

Mafia (3): Your job is to survive until your remaining numbers match or are greater than the civilian's remaining numbers. Each night you will also decide on a person to kill.

Players:

Players
DrWilgy
descuffphoenix
Missing Person
Aidebit
Fruit Punch Samurai G
✰Alpha✰
ForgeDigger
Blindknagg
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Cobalt
kaz
Augustus
Souther

Rules:
1. Use Votebot :votebot: to vote. Ties will result in a die roll.
2. No last gasps.
3. Phases will be 36 hours for day, 12 for night unless otherwise stated.
4. This game is not an ELO game.
5. Missing 2 consecutive votes is a DQ.

MP's common sense rule:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Common Sense Rules - Please Read
stolen from MP

1) Do not edit ANY POSTS.  Period.  For any reason.  Do not ask us to verify with mods that you did not have any malicious intent in editing your posts, we will not do it.  Do not provide me with any photographic evidence of your edits.  There are going to be no warnings this time, just DQ's.  Habitual editors will be banned.  We have had this BS happen way too much during these last two games.  If you have anything to add, or any clarifications to typos to make, or a broken image/link in your post, create a new post to address it.

2) Do not PM anyone playing the game.  If you are mafia, keep your PMs in the mafia conversation.  If you're one of the lovers, keep your PMs inside the Lovers conversation.  You should not be PMing anyone else if you are them, and if you aren't, you have no business using the PM inbox at all regarding this game.  If you have any questions regarding gameplay, PM me.  If someone PMs you that shouldn't be, do not mention it in the thread, just PM me with the the contents of it.  PM'ing once will result in a DQ.  Habitually doing so will result in a ban.  (Things not game related will not result in any penalty, but to keep the integrity of the game, if someone playing PMs you, please report it to me.)

3) No coaching after you're dead.  This includes outside of SRK.  I don't care what format you're thinking of using, be it Battle.net, AIM, MSN, Skype, Smoke Signals, Texts, Morse Code.  Don't do it.  Also, because this has happened recently, I will not verify any of your hunches after you die.  Keep it to yourself, take it to the Loser's Lounge, if someone shares information they know, don't bring it to anyone else's attention that's still in the game.  If someone does this, PM me with the proof, and that person will face a ban.

4) No discussing or plotting to break or bend the rules in your PMs, lovers and mafia. I'll be in those conversations anyway, so that should go without saying.  But just in case you think you can do it while I'm sleeping, think again.  If you start discussing something that I don't immediately catch, and that action is taken, once I find out, the perpetrator of the act and the instigator will both receive bans and DQs.

5) If you are lovers or mafia, you will not be allowed into the Loser's Lounge until you leave the PM conversation after you die.  It's not entirely clear on how you do this by looking at it, but upon your death, simply click "Delete Conversation" on the left-hand side of the screen.  This will only delete it on your end, and no one else's.

6) Do not try to get removed from the game after it already starts, or try to break the rules to get DQ'd. If something super unexpected happens, I'll try to be reasonable, but overall, if you know you're going to be busy, and unable to play at all, don't sign up.  If you suddenly see a full schedule hit your plate just before we start, ask me to take your name off the list, and I'll put in an alternate.  After we start, I'm not going to take your name off unless you have a really good reason, and I can find an alternate to take your place.  Otherwise, don't deliberately break a rule just to get a DQ.  You will not just get a DQ, but banned.

7) Do not post any PMs, even as a joke.  If you are going to make an image joke regarding PMs, at least make it obvious that it's a joke (e.g. make it using MSPaint.)

8) English only in game.  No foreign languages or encrypted posts are allowed.  This prevents the open flow of information.  I will make certain exceptions for certain foreign words that have entered the English vernacular, such as "Hasta la vista," or "Por que?" but an entire post in a foreign language will not be permitted.

9) No making wagers in game. This wagering JTM accounts or self-bans is not going to fly anymore, period. Don't do it, I will DQ you if you do.

10) Cut the personal attacks out.  There is a line between in-game shit talk and gamesmanship, and just being a dickhead and being hateful other players.  This is starting to get out of hand.  If I tell you to curb it, just do it.  Keep it up, and enjoy a DQ.

Phase 1 ends at 10 AM Saturday the 18th (EST).

Phases:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:56:34 am by Bious »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
  • Rated: +23
Current Votes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 01:00:19 pm »
Error(0):No Players Defined
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
Re: JTM Mafia #~: Salt Therapy (Day 1: Welcome to the Spa)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 01:03:20 pm »
Everyone should be added, start check in.

First.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 01:12:08 pm »
Actual first

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 01:25:24 pm »
The UC was suppose to get a n0 check of a random civilian, but ah well. It's close enough!

Souther

• White Toast
  • Rated: +161
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »
Hellz, yeah!

Bious let us choose sides! :)

I got my second favorite specification, barring Unlimited Stock Vigi, so I'm stoked.

Let's go, my fellow civs!

Roleless Jabs is here, and he's goin' Knee Deep in 'dat Mafia Asre!

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 01:29:29 pm »
Heads up: I'm going to be on mobile all weekend. Going out of town for an EVO stream gathering.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »
*Arse.

:-[

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
  • Rated: +134
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 01:30:35 pm »

I come to slay bitches.
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 01:32:40 pm »
Heads up: I'm going to be on mobile all weekend. Going out of town for an EVO stream gathering.

No problem.

Vote Registered For Augustus

:coffee:

Are you actually going to Evo?

The only reason I would have, would be for SF4's send-off (provided that 5 only sucks as bad as I think it will i.e. 3S levels of bad, re: absolutely horrible garbage, will nonetheless get extensive play).

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 01:34:45 pm »
After two consecutive mafia losses, I don't know if Wilgy would try mafia again.
Des I have no idea on.
Missing Person maybe would bother.
Aidebit I have no idea on. Probably not.
FPSG, heh. Never.
Alpha probably not.
Forge no idea on.
Blindknagg no idea on.
TGG perhaps since he has yet to draw it on this site.
Cobalt loves being mafia.
kaz no idea on.
Augustus would never tell you.
Souther highly unlikely.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 01:35:41 pm »
Are you actually going to Evo?

No. I'm just going to watch the stream with some FGC buds.

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 01:37:35 pm »
After two consecutive mafia losses, I don't know if Wilgy would try mafia again.
Des I have no idea on.
Missing Person maybe would bother.
Aidebit I have no idea on. Probably not.
FPSG, heh. Never.
Alpha probably not.
Forge no idea on.
Blindknagg no idea on.
TGG perhaps since he has yet to draw it on this site.
Cobalt loves being mafia.
kaz no idea on.
Augustus would never tell you.
Souther highly unlikely.

I definitely can see MP as choosing Mafia, and trying to Yomi his way to a win. :tup:

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 01:38:38 pm »
I wouldn't try mafia because I don't really like being mafia.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 01:42:54 pm »
Well I always say that I enjoy being mafia more than roleless civ.

Interpret that however you like.

(It's pretty clear that Roman would choose civ tbh)
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 01:43:09 pm »
Oh yeah, keep in mind I rolled roles if we were short either Civs or Mafia.

The UC was suppose to get a n0 check of a random civilian, but ah well. It's close enough!

*shrug*

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 01:46:02 pm »
Well I always say that I enjoy being mafia more than roleless civ.

Interpret that however you like.

(It's pretty clear that Roman would choose civ tbh)

I can totally see Roman going off reservation and using our expectations against, us this time.

And, as a matter of fact, this FEELS right.

My gut eight pack says lynch both of you, right now.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 01:47:14 pm »
So your vote was a real vote?

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 01:47:55 pm »
So your vote was a real vote?

My vote was what it ever is, on the first day.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 01:48:47 pm »
I can totally see Roman going off reservation and using our expectations against, us this time.

And, as a matter of fact, this FEELS right.

My gut eight pack says lynch both of you, right now.

Congratulation Sherlock, you solved the game. Bious, re-run!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty x 1    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 01:49:50 pm »
I am confused.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 01:50:41 pm »
To be honest, I see Alpha as choosing Mafia, this go around.

He has written up his veritable Wall 'o Civ Text analysis in the last few games, and it would be a ripe opportunity to take advantage.

@Alpha

#JusticeForFuzz
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree x 1    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | -1 Post Total)

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 02:00:17 pm »
Error(0):No Players Defined

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 02:01:09 pm »
Alpha only cares about winning though, and I think he'd take his chances with the side that typically wins.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 02:18:02 pm »
Votebot works now. Sorry bout that.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 02:19:31 pm »
Vote Registered For Bious

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 02:22:18 pm »
Vote Registered For Bious

This, however,  is a good example of what won't work.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 02:25:04 pm »
Hi.

I wouldn't pick mafia. Have you seen how bad my ELO rating is? No way I'm gonna risk it again.
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 02:25:55 pm »
Wait, lemme see something.

Vote Registered For ForgeDigger
かえるおねがい!

c:

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 02:30:23 pm »
No Vote(11):DrWilgy, Missing Person, Aidebit, Fruit Punch Samurai G , ✰Alpha✰, Forgedigger, Blindknagg, XthAtGAm3RGuYX, Cobalt, Kaz, Augustus
Augustus(1):Souther
Invalid Vote(1):descuffphoenix
Forgedigger(1):ForgeDigger

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 02:34:24 pm »
Why are there two forgediggers  :votebot:

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 02:39:37 pm »
Cause Votebot is a Grammar Nazi. Fixed.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 02:42:02 pm »
Okay I'm not crazy.
かえるおねがい!

c:

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 02:43:14 pm »
Vote Registered For Augustus for the salt
かえるおねがい!

c:

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 02:44:47 pm »
Hey. Don't blame me for your mistakes.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2015, 02:55:32 pm »
Yo! Hello everyone! Pleasure to see you all, my name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor!

So let's get straight to the point.

Souther is mafia.

Vote Registered For Souther
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 03:00:32 pm »
No Vote(9):Missing Person, Aidebit, Fruit Punch Samurai G , ✰Alpha✰, Blindknagg, XthAtGAm3RGuYX, Cobalt, kaz, Augustus
Augustus(2):ForgeDigger, Souther
Invalid Vote(1):descuffphoenix
Souther(1):DrWilgy

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2015, 03:11:25 pm »
I will blame you for being such a meanie about it.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2015, 03:46:20 pm »
Forge seems okay (civ) as of now.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2015, 04:20:14 pm »
I'm watching you.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2015, 04:59:13 pm »
The site will be down for a short time tomorrow due to maintenance.  If it goes on long enough that it affects the game I'll adjust the phase end time.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2015, 05:15:14 pm »
Well I think we all know who would want to be Mafia the most on this site.

Vote Registered For RadicalFuzz
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Vote Bot

• The Vote Gatekeeper
  • Game Bot
  • White Toast
  • Toasty!
Current Votes
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2015, 05:30:28 pm »
No Vote(8):Missing Person, Aidebit, Fruit Punch Samurai G , Blindknagg, XthAtGAm3RGuYX, Cobalt, kaz, Augustus
Augustus(2):ForgeDigger, Souther
Invalid Vote(2):descuffphoenix, ✰Alpha✰
Souther(1):DrWilgy

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1912
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2015, 05:38:16 pm »
To be honest, I see Alpha as choosing Mafia, this go around.

He has written up his veritable Wall 'o Civ Text analysis in the last few games, and it would be a ripe opportunity to take advantage.

@Alpha

#JusticeForFuzz

Please. Anyone that's played with me for an extensive time knows that I despise being Mafia. You can look at http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/190041/srk-mafia-xvi-shards-of-alara-day-0-alara-s-hero/p1 to support this. I chose green, white and blue in that order. @ForgeDigger, is there anyone here that chose black in that game?

Alpha only cares about winning though, and I think he'd take his chances with the side that typically wins.

Speaking of 'anyone that's played with me for an extensive time'...

3 most likely Mafia:

Missing Person
Cobalt (according to Augustus, any back-up on this @descuffphoenix?)
Aidebit

Mafia lean:

DrWilgy
kaz

Neutral:
descuffphoenix (@Cobalt?)
XthAtGAm3RGuYX

Civ lean:

Augustus
Fruit Punch Samurai G
Blindknagg

3 most likely Night kills Civs:

✰Alpha✰
Souther
ForgeDigger

• Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2015, 05:42:52 pm »
@✰Alpha✰

I can say that Cobalt enjoy being mafia but he's also a much better civ (as he would admit himself). Personally, going on meta-game arguments I see him as more neutral.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2015, 05:46:18 pm »
Yo! Hello everyone! Pleasure to see you all, my name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor!

So let's get straight to the point.

Souther is mafia.

Vote Registered For Souther

Is this a joke?

You need to seriously contemplate embedding your schtick into the thread well before pulling it out of your ass, swinging it around, and seeing what sticks.

If I die tonight, and I probably shall, nuke this fool.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2015, 05:57:18 pm »
Souther, you can't just assume that everyone who finds you scummy is scum themselves...

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2015, 06:00:28 pm »
I'd be lying if I said I didn't lean mafia on Souther based on his posts. Then again I found him susp early on in my previous game with him.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2015, 06:01:45 pm »

Please. Anyone that's played with me for an extensive time knows that I despise being Mafia. You can look at http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/190041/srk-mafia-xvi-shards-of-alara-day-0-alara-s-hero/p1 to support this. I chose green, white and blue in that order. @ForgeDigger, is there anyone here that chose black in that game?

Speaking of 'anyone that's played with me for an extensive time'...

3 most likely Mafia:

Missing Person
Cobalt (according to Augustus, any back-up on this @descuffphoenix?)
Aidebit

Mafia lean:

DrWilgy
kaz

Neutral:
descuffphoenix (@Cobalt?)
XthAtGAm3RGuYX

Civ lean:

Augustus
Fruit Punch Samurai G
Blindknagg

3 most likely Night kills Civs:

✰Alpha✰
Souther
ForgeDigger
Can't remember off the top of my head. I'll check after my sister's birthday dinner.

Iirc no one picked black first.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Souther

• White Toast
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2015, 06:09:46 pm »
Souther, you can't just assume that everyone who finds you scummy is scum themselves...

I don't.

Wilgy looks like scum, to me.