June 26, 2017, 08:42:38 am

Author Topic: JTM Salt Studio: Mafia chat  (Read 8191 times)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
JTM Salt Studio: Mafia chat
« on: July 16, 2015, 12:24:12 pm »
You are all roleless Mafia. Good luck!

@kaz
@Cobalt
XthAtG00fYC10WnX @XthAtGAm3RGuYX
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 01:16:14 pm by Bious »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
Re: JTM Salt Studio: Mafia chat
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 03:49:29 pm »
You all need to decide a leader to send me the kills by the way.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 05:55:26 pm »
I nominate myself to decide kills.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 11:10:15 pm »
Yeah I'll go with TGG.

What's the game plan?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 11:47:45 pm »
A thing that I always do when I'm scum on GTF is either get one of my teammates killed for some reason or throw them under the bus, or say I'm suspicious of them and put them on my scum reads list.

So I'm gonna go ahead and not do that and throw suspicion at either of you. Because I always try to clear someone by trying to make them look bad before I die.

@kaz any thoughts on how to swing this so far?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 02:33:56 am »
@XthAtGAm3RGuYX , I kind of want to pit two people against each other somehow. Stoke the flames a bit when something arises. MP vs vonvorto must have been gold for the mafia last game. As a civ on the side, I couldn't believe that they were both civ. We should try to subtly encourage something like that.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 06:03:49 am »
Don't force or fabricate an altercation, foreign or domestic right now. It makes people play different, which results in undue attention. Just play civ for now. Try to solve the game as if you were ignorant of your teammates.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 02:31:26 pm »
Don't force or fabricate an altercation, foreign or domestic right now. It makes people play different, which results in undue attention. Just play civ for now. Try to solve the game as if you were ignorant of your teammates.
Yeah that's what I usually do.

In the Marvel game on GTF I was actually able to do that to its full extent because the mafia didn't know who each other was and didn't talk.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 02:34:57 pm »
Oh yeah I kinda forgot to answer your initial post.

I don't employ a game plan. I just play and do my best to appear civ. Of course I take many things into account when deciding night kills and allocation of mafia abilities, but I play day phase as a civ. Also there is only one civ role this game and it isnt a medic, so the effort needed is much less than usual.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 02:38:53 pm »
I'm pushing Wilgy a little bit.

The general civ consensus might be that the mafia team would keep 1 or even 2 people off that train to avoid lumping, so maybe we SHOULD lump all three of us on that train for the yomi if it takes off?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 02:39:15 pm »
@kaz Check in here with some thoughts plz?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 02:40:02 pm »
I think we should spin the night one kill towards a day two push of Alpha. Thoughts?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 02:44:36 pm »
I'm pushing Wilgy a little bit.

The general civ consensus might be that the mafia team would keep 1 or even 2 people off that train to avoid lumping, so maybe we SHOULD lump all three of us on that train for the yomi if it takes off?

Depends on the circumstances. Day one lumping together with a maximum of 3 players? I'm not a fan.

In the event that Morton Salt Girl lives long enough for multiple people to die, and one or two of us have kicked it, all Salt Girl would have to to is go with process of elimination in the vote records to hit all of us.

Lumping on a different day is a possibility. But not on today.

I think we should spin the night one kill towards a day two push of Alpha. Thoughts?

I disagree. For the night one kill we should do this
-Decide who among the list of players is most likely to pick mafia(in here, not publicly)
-Decide who among THOSE has really obvious feuds with other people in the game, if any
-Kill the person they have a feud with, since Wilgy has jsut about established that all the mafia chose to be mafia, therefore reinforcing the notion of a purposeful revenge kill, premeditated and what not

I'm going to support Wilgy's most recent post in a minute.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 02:53:40 pm »
As far as the Morton Salt Girl goes, I'm gonna see if anyone's giving me any kind of roled vibes at all. I'm normally decent but not amazing at rolehunting when scum.

I disagree. For the night one kill we should do this
-Decide who among the list of players is most likely to pick mafia(in here, not publicly)
-Decide who among THOSE has really obvious feuds with other people in the game, if any
-Kill the person they have a feud with, since Wilgy has jsut about established that all the mafia chose to be mafia, therefore reinforcing the notion of a purposeful revenge kill, premeditated and what not

I'm going to support Wilgy's most recent post in a minute.
If only vonvorto was playing this game, we'd have such an easy time getting MP scalped. :eli:

Right now Souther and Wilgy are in it but Wilgy's lined up for the lynch right now unless you want to swing that if it goes elsewhere like on MP or something. The fact that he's made one post as a shitpost vote is already enough to get people wanting to lynch him.

Potentially we could lynch MP day one (again, lmao) and kill Souther at night to frame Wilgy for an easy day two. Idk.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 04:02:37 pm »
Y'all are two of only three left who haven't voted yet, don't straggle too much, at least not together.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 05:19:04 pm »
Not quite sure who to vote for at the moment. There aren't really any compelling cases.

I intend to stay my hand as far as MP is concerned. I kinda vigi killed him once and he is already looking to revenge me eventually for that. Night kill him night one as a mafia? I'd never hear the end of it.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 05:36:21 pm »
If Wilgy doesnt get lynched, I'm going to night kill him.

his attempt at saving himself from a lynch, makes me think he could be the salt girl protecting the only civ power role.
Even if he isn't he will be a target of investigation most likely. If he is investigated and killed on the same night, it wastes the investigation giving him one less civ clear.
Either way, him being night killed will most likely throw civs for a loop on what to do, since he would probably be the most likely to get lynched day 2 in current circumstances. They would have to scramble for what to do next, if only momentarily.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 11:00:52 pm »
Sounds solid.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 02:03:31 am »
And if Wilgy's dying wish is that Souther be lynched, we have a somewhat easier next day phase.

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 03:30:40 am »
@kaz Check in here with some thoughts plz?

Here's my thoughts right now. I'm not going to be in here a lot. I'm trying something different this game.

I will say this however. Kill Alpha night 1, and MP night 2 and we should have this game in the books.

Let them stay alive longer and you're in trouble.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 07:37:12 am »
I agree on Alpha and MP, but I kinda want to kill Forge. She's laying pretty fucking low. I dislike it.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 08:57:44 am »
I think I might take Alpha though honestly.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2015, 10:57:21 am »
I want Alpha out as soon as humanly possible.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2015, 10:57:52 am »
What's with the heat on kaz for no reason?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2015, 11:19:54 am »
Not sure. But if I were civ this game, I would've drawn correspondence to the fact that in the last 2-3 games the only people to have voted for me on day 1 ended up being mafia. So kax probably doesnt look a little better for that. That was a poorly calculated rush vote IMO

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 12:04:09 pm »
Night ends around 10PM EST right?

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2015, 12:08:09 pm »
Yep.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 12:12:31 pm »
They're pushing kaz for an investigation tonight. If they get a red check we have a problem.

I think we need to focus on role hunting the UC out.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 01:25:40 pm »
We may have to throw Kaz under the bus depending on how this Night 1 plays out.

I highly suspect I will get invesitgated though.

Who has been making the most suggestions to the UC so far? Is there anything weird about how they word it? Anybody who responds in an odd manner?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2015, 01:34:03 pm »
I think UC is probably going to lay low for day 1. So IMO that makes Aidebit, ForgeDigger, and MP my prime candidates for UC on that criteria alone. Though at the end of the day that's baseless conjecture and probably a bit of wishful thinking.

What do you guys make of this from Augustus by the way? Not sure if I want to chalk this up to his former style of civ trolling
The UC was suppose to get a n0 check of a random civilian, but ah well. It's close enough!

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2015, 01:53:25 pm »
I think Aug was trolling with that post, unless that's what he wants us to think. Not gonna WIFOM it.

I'll be at work through the end of the phase, I'm behind a kill of Alpha, MP, or Forge.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2015, 04:36:48 pm »
Forge or Alpha is UC. Leaning toward Forge though.

Kill Alpha night one.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2015, 04:44:30 pm »
I'll re-read Forge.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 05:26:55 pm »
Fuck it I'll go Alpha. Pretty sure if I night 1 kill Forge it would start some kidn of feud. Especially after I killed her from the grave in Transformers.

We need to kill the talkers anyway.

Bious:
Night 1 mafia kill: Alpha

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2015, 05:30:42 pm »
Fuck it I'll go Alpha. Pretty sure if I night 1 kill Forge it would start some kidn of feud. Especially after I killed her from the grave in Transformers.

We need to kill the talkers anyway.

Bious:
Night 1 mafia kill: Alpha

Got it.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2015, 09:32:56 pm »
Cobalt, Scruff his pressuring you. He may be the detective. If he checked you, he knows you're mafia, and may be trying to draw information out of you before coming out with a salt girl claim. Keep your shit together and dont slip.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2015, 09:38:21 pm »
Cobalt, Scruff his pressuring you. He may be the detective. If he checked you, he knows you're mafia, and may be trying to draw information out of you before coming out with a salt girl claim. Keep your shit together and dont slip.
I was honestly leaning roled on him but I didn't want to take a gamble like that if it didn't pay off. I trusted kaz's rolehunting way more than my own.

I don't think he has a red check on me though. Des would come forward with it immediately. GTF style is to crucify people as soon as you have the relevant information.

Stop defending/interacting with me so much either way. There's nothing of actual substance between us and unless we want to fill that gap we don't want anyone pointing that out.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2015, 09:40:44 pm »
If he is the UC though he most likely checked me night one. We'll see how it plays out. I'd much rather not go down early.

Good news is, people seem to have let Alpha's UC plan slip through the cracks and he's not around to push it further. It would have been an easy way for the UC to convey clean reads without claiming. But they never decided who they wanted the UC to check and now Alpha's dead, so they don't get a soft clear check and he won't be able to remind them of that particular strategy.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 09:54:54 pm »
Yeah no, my responses satisfied him. He's going elsewhere now. That's how he plays. Pressures to see what ticks and then moves on. I don't think he's the UC.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2015, 10:11:26 pm »
My interactions with you have been extremely neutral.

Did you not notice the way I started gravitating towards scruff's opinion on the matter?

Besides that's something I wouldve called out as a civ anyway.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2015, 10:27:56 pm »
True.

I think we're fine right now. Spotlights seem to be elsewhere.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2015, 07:48:30 am »
FPSG seems to be pretty fucking certain that Kaz was investigated.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2015, 04:40:24 pm »
It would be so great if MP got lynched. Then from there we can just wipe Souther.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2015, 06:11:29 pm »
But we cannot fucking touch that MP bandwagon with a ten foot pole. I'm not sure whether to vote Blindknagg now and switch to MP if it swings that way later to avoid a tie, but I don't want to break the tie in favor of a BK lynch.

I like the way this is going. If we let the civs train MP, as soon as he flips, if we are barely on that wagon they will all be turning on each other like a pack of bleeding sharks.

I'll come up with some sort of case against someone on day three as is my usual. If we manage to pull off an MP lynch, we'll be in the best possible spot.

You want Souther gone with night kill though? I feel as though he'd be our best shot at a rabid civ turning the spotlight on everyone else and I doubt we'd be in his line of fire if MP gets lynched and we're not even there.

Actually, if we kill him, it would be smooth sailing for a Blindknagg lynch if he gets away by MP dying.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2015, 06:22:21 pm »
inb4 MP comes back late in the phase, is the UC and has a red check on kaz :skull:

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2015, 06:28:22 pm »
makes a post right before he gets lynched

"this person came up dirty"

dies as UC.

lol GGPO

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2015, 08:43:12 pm »
Didn't want to miss the vote cuz I need to crash.

Nudged it towards MP. Both of you stay off that train and don't contribute to BK's either.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 06:09:50 am »
Going to purposefully miss the vote. After I get home, ill say I forgot my phone when I went to work. Fun fact:I actually have my phone.

Not going to post on SRK until then either

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2015, 06:20:47 am »
Going to purposefully miss the vote. After I get home, ill say I forgot my phone when I went to work. Fun fact:I actually have my phone.

If you're going to do something, you got 39 minutes to somehow say Augustus is lying, or you're going down.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2015, 06:38:19 am »

If by the odd chance you don't see this post until after the game is over, I want you to know, your post has me in tears.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:40:41 am by kaz »