November 23, 2017, 04:13:40 pm

Author Topic: JTM Arena III: The Masquerade Sponsor's Lounge  (Read 38772 times)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +733
Re: JTM Arena III: The Masquerade Sponsor's Lounge
« Reply #400 on: June 18, 2015, 06:17:47 pm »
Hmm, I think you still misunderstand Bleed.  Was my explanation of it so obscure?  Nobody had any mechanics questions during sign-ups; I assumed everyone understood lol.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1927
« Reply #401 on: June 18, 2015, 06:31:22 pm »
I probably do. All I know is that I wasn't expecting to die from bleed damage on the same turn I received it.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #402 on: June 18, 2015, 06:38:46 pm »
Think of like this:

Atk damage gets reset after the phase (if you survive, sweet)

Bleed damage does not get reset, so you need defense to keep from bleeding out.  You survived the attack, but Forge made you drop your defense item, so at that point your bleed damage exceeded your def value of 0 and died.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
  • Rated: +134
« Reply #403 on: June 18, 2015, 08:09:17 pm »
I'm so lost right now. How does Sig have 0 bleed?
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #404 on: June 18, 2015, 10:18:36 pm »
I'm so lost right now. How does Sig have 0 bleed?

Forge did 2 Bleed with the Carving Knife.
Sig Scavenged the Napkins which prevented 1 Bleed.
Sig has the Elegant Mask: Recover 1 Bleed damage at the end of the phase.

So Sig has 0 Bleed right now.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #405 on: June 18, 2015, 10:20:13 pm »
Ok, so it is what I thought (after I died). My point stands that a +2 damage forever is better than a +3 damage once. Even if they survive the bleed attack, they're more or less forced to scavenge an anti-bleed item next turn.
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #406 on: June 18, 2015, 10:32:48 pm »
Ok, so it is what I thought (after I died). My point stands that a +2 damage forever is better than a +3 damage once. Even if they survive the bleed attack, they're more or less forced to scavenge an anti-bleed item next turn.

Yes, but attack damage is still different than bleed damage in that, someone with 2 bleed and 2 def, would die to either a +3 atk (not +1) or +1 Bleed damage. 

Simple Machine

• White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +93
« Reply #407 on: June 19, 2015, 03:57:38 pm »
Yes, but attack damage is still different than bleed damage in that, someone with 2 bleed and 2 def, would die to either a +3 atk (not +1) or +1 Bleed damage.

Seriously? I didn't know that! I would have tried killing different people!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:58:06 pm by Simple Machine »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #408 on: June 19, 2015, 07:04:23 pm »
NOOOO FORGE YOU JUST NEEDED TO ATTACK
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2015, 07:19:19 pm »
8 coins and Bious still couldn't give Forge the win. Even more coins and Votebot didn't win either.

Best outcome.
BEST OUTCOME.
10/10
100/100
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:31:31 pm by ✰Alpha✰ »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +621
« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2015, 07:20:24 pm »
IM SO STUPID

Ugh I had that D:
かえるおねがい!

c:

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #411 on: June 19, 2015, 07:34:00 pm »
Sorry everyone ;__; I learned that VoteBot couldn't use mask powers, so the only option for VoteBot victory was to have them kill each other.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #412 on: June 19, 2015, 07:43:01 pm »
R.I.P. VoteBot

• Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
« Reply #413 on: June 19, 2015, 07:48:20 pm »
So the original plan was to give VoteBot the alluring mask and the controversial mask, bloodlust twice and double attack for game.

JC told me that wouldn't work.

Then I sent two pm's out. One to each of the players, saying that they would win of they attacked today on the hopes that they would both die.

:votebot: will live on!  :votebot:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #414 on: June 19, 2015, 08:07:20 pm »
So it's Future Diary next? Or do we want to run another game before another Mafia game?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #415 on: June 19, 2015, 08:14:43 pm »
^ I'm curious as well.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Jan

• Goddess
  • Rye Toast
  • Roll up the partition, please.
  • Rated: +45
« Reply #416 on: June 19, 2015, 09:11:58 pm »
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:12:32 pm by Jan »

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +707
« Reply #417 on: June 19, 2015, 09:28:45 pm »
Jason please reveal the name of the player I PM'd you.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #418 on: June 19, 2015, 11:54:28 pm »
WHO LET SIG WIN

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #419 on: June 20, 2015, 12:32:27 am »
Someone didn't sponsor me hard enough.
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #420 on: June 20, 2015, 01:08:45 am »
Someone didn't sponsor me hard enough.

You had your chance when Bious sponsored you with a fuckton of coins. All you had to do was use Chameleon to copy the attack twice mask and you would've won. You've let Bious down and you've let yourself down.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #421 on: June 20, 2015, 01:22:48 am »
Forge, if you didn't destroy the Alluring Mask, Vote Bot wouldn't have been able to steal the Dance Partner from you and this would have gone on another phase.  If you didn't destroy the mask AND attacked Sig, you would have won.

Bious could have kept Blindknagg alive earlier by sponsoring him Bloodlust.  I also feel he wasted a lot of coins sponsoring Forge at the very last minute of a phase where she didn't have enough time to figure out what to do with all that she got.

Alpha didn't read and could have done some cool shit with the double action phase.  (This phase could have been the most interesting; there were many "combos" that could have been achieved, but none really saw the light of day).

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #422 on: June 20, 2015, 01:32:32 am »
I guess I was just paranoid that the game would go on for longer, and that if it did Sig or VoteBot could end up with the Alluring Mask.

I misunderstood my message. That made me sad too.

And yeah, if I had more time to think about it, I could've done better. I can't be picky, I guess. Thanks for sponsoring me, Bious. I'm sorry I disappointed.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #423 on: June 20, 2015, 02:15:48 am »
Alpha didn't read and could have done some cool shit with the double action phase.  (This phase could have been the most interesting; there were many "combos" that could have been achieved, but none really saw the light of day).

Agreed.

I could've gotten Sig killed had I either scavenged the Carving Knife, or focused two of my attacks on him, but I didn't do that since I assumed that the +1/+1 boost from doing no action was permanent, and that he'd be dead either way.

By the way, JC, I was wondering why there was a +1 attack boost for doing no action when I can't think of any situation where it could apply.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #424 on: June 20, 2015, 02:46:24 am »
That +1/+1 mask?  Gain +1/+1 on a shuffle phase, next phase get a good mask with +1/+1.

Or during double action phase, no action/no action to get +2/+2.

I agree though, it was probably one of the crappier masks.  Doing no action is kind of a waste of a turn.  I guess that's why nobody used the Investigate action, because it was wasting a turn where you weren't scavenging.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #425 on: June 20, 2015, 03:52:35 am »

If I had read that, this game would've gone a lot differently. I would've used the second action to kill Sig, which would've left Forge and Aidebit, and Forge would've likely won with sponsor help.

I'm glad I didn't though, because that end result was amazing.

Death to ForgeDigger and Votebot.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:53:17 am by ✰Alpha✰ »

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #426 on: June 20, 2015, 07:18:13 am »
Gratz Sig.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #427 on: June 20, 2015, 09:23:11 am »
@jasonC ignoring me.

Name please.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #428 on: June 20, 2015, 10:21:55 am »
I'm not sure what you are talking about...

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #429 on: June 20, 2015, 10:26:29 am »
I'm not sure what you are talking about...

That name I PM'd you before the game started.
Say it.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #430 on: June 20, 2015, 10:37:10 am »
That name I PM'd you before the game started.
Say it.
Yeah Jason

The name he PM'd you as soon as Sig won........
Say it

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #431 on: June 20, 2015, 10:41:53 am »
Also @jasonC I wanted you to turn Vote Bot into Sex Robot in the final writeup and have the last player kill him out of fear

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #432 on: June 20, 2015, 10:43:44 am »
Yeah Jason

The name he PM'd you as soon as Sig won........
Say it

Please seek help for your sodium overdose.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #433 on: June 20, 2015, 10:50:17 am »
Please seek help for your sodium overdose.

How am I Salty right now? My mission was accomplished.

Running gags arent funny when you use them outside of the context they are intended for

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +792
« Reply #434 on: June 20, 2015, 01:50:10 pm »
Bious, why haven't you joined the Brothers of Brine? You're probably the saltiest motherfucker on this site.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #435 on: June 20, 2015, 03:34:28 pm »
Bious, why haven't you joined the Brothers of Brine? You're probably the saltiest motherfucker on this site.

Actually I'm not.

The BOB is weak anyway. I have a stronger calling.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
« Reply #436 on: June 20, 2015, 05:50:26 pm »
Actually I'm not.

The BOB is weak anyway. I have a stronger calling.
Brothers of Bious confirmed?

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +792
« Reply #437 on: June 20, 2015, 06:05:45 pm »
I'm not joining any society, briney or not, that has the name Bious in it.
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #438 on: June 20, 2015, 06:32:42 pm »
I'm not joining any society, briney or not, that has the name Bious in it.

I am not worthy enough to be the head.
AND you are too weak.

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +21
« Reply #439 on: June 20, 2015, 08:54:12 pm »
WHO LET SIG WIN

Cobalt honey it's called skills.  8)

Aidebit you "could" have but you didn't still great game on your part (except for the fact you stole my dancing partner)  :P

I kept trying to get the Divine Shield makes sense why it wasn't working.
Thanks Bk
And thanks @DrWilgy you got me to attack instead of scavenge

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
« Reply #440 on: June 20, 2015, 09:06:47 pm »

I kept trying to get the Divine Shield makes sense why it wasn't working.
Thanks Bk

Wait :skull:

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #441 on: June 20, 2015, 10:14:00 pm »
thanking Bk was on the good game to clarify.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
« Reply #442 on: June 21, 2015, 06:14:59 am »
Cobalt honey it's called skills.  8)

Aidebit you "could" have but you didn't still great game on your part (except for the fact you stole my dancing partner)  :P

Putting all RNG saltiness aside, GG Sig, I was almost certain Forge had it, but you pulled through, so props are definitely in order.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #443 on: June 21, 2015, 08:12:37 am »
I don't think I received any such PM.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1405
« Reply #444 on: June 21, 2015, 08:18:43 am »
I liked the part where I didn't die. :votebot:
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #445 on: June 21, 2015, 10:46:45 am »
I was almost certain Forge had it to it wasn't until I got a message saying to attack that I thought I might win. Ironic seeing how the message was sent to both players, I also thought Alpha was going to win for awhile.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #446 on: June 21, 2015, 12:10:04 pm »
I was almost certain Forge had it to it wasn't until I got a message saying to attack that I thought I might win. Ironic seeing how the message was sent to both players, I also thought Alpha was going to win for awhile.

I don't win these games. I take as many people down as I can before the people I've let live decide to stop me. There is reasoning behind each of my kills though.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:12:17 pm by ✰Alpha✰ »