July 23, 2017, 03:46:20 am

Author Topic: JTM Arena III: The Masquerade Sponsor's Lounge  (Read 30800 times)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +729
JTM Arena III: The Masquerade Sponsor's Lounge
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:54:13 am »
Welcome to the Masquerade Sponsor Lounge!  Here you can affect the game play using sponsor coins.  A list of the sponsors and their coins is here:
Spoiler for Sponsor List and Coins:
Bious - 0 coins
RadicalFuzz - 0 coins
Synonym - 0 coins
XthAtGAm3RGuYX - 0 coins
drwill439 - 0 coins
Skizzz - 0 coins
Cobalt - 0 coins
Scotty - 0 coins
fingersplints - 0 coins
Pimp Willy - 1 coin
doof - 0 coins
DrWilgy - 0 coins
Fruit Punch Samurai G - 0 coins
Missing Person - 0 coins
Augustus - 0 coins
Jan - 0 coins
Pinkling - 0 coins
descuffphoenix - 0 coins
Simple Machine - 1 coin
Blindknagg - 0 coins
✰Alpha✰ - 0 coins
Aidebit - 0 coins

The Mask decorations are revealed here.  When a player obtains or investigates a mask, they will receive these exact descriptions:
Spoiler for Masks:
Controversial: You cannot defend.  You may attack twice, targeting two different players.
Jeweled: While defending, you may target a mask and a player (you may target yourself) to move that mask to that player next phase.
Decadent: While scavenging , you automatically Defend as well (Defend bonus is calculated after you scavenge).
Regal: Gain  +1 def.  When you Investigate, you can target two masks.
Carnival: You cannot attack.  If you are attacked, you automatically attack your attacker first, before your attacker can hit you.
Affluent: If you attack someone who is scavenging, their scavenge fails as if they did no action this phase.
Gruesome: When you attack a player, you also Investigate the Mask that they are wearing.
Elaborate: Your attacks do half damage, rounded down.  Any player that you attack drops a target item (you may target a mask) they are holding if they survive your attack. 
Mysterious: If you take no action this phase, gain +1 atk, +1 def next phase.
Intriguing: Enter a PM with the player wearing the Majestic Mask.
Majestic: Enter a PM with the player wearing the Intriguing Mask.
Venetian: When you Attack someone, their Mask is disabled for that phase (for the PM masks, the PM is inactive for 1 phase).
Elegant: Recover 1 Bleed damage at the end of the phase.
Ornate: Gain atk equal to the amount of Bleed damage you have.
Glamorous: You may opt to gain 1 Bleed damage (applied before your actions) to take an additional action.

And changes in arena condition are revealed here:
Spoiler for Arena hazards:
Every 5th phase there will be a change in arena condition:
1.   Blackout!  Player actions will not be revealed at the end of the phase.  Only deaths will be revealed.  The write-up will not reveal who is wearing which mask and the current inventory will not be public.  The power will come back on the following phase.
2.   Flight of the Bumblebee: Everyone may take an additional action this phase. 
3.   Thief NPC – scavenges a random item each phase until dead.  Contests for scavenges as normal.  Wears a thief mask (When scavenging, you may target an item held by another player.  You may target their mask).  If the thief cannot scavenge anymore, he will start to steal random items from players, masks last.  Masks held by the thief do not randomly get shuffled to the players.  The thief accepts bribes.
4.   MC? MC's wife? – destroys a random mask at the end of each phase; cannot be killed.  When all masks are destroyed, start destroying random items. 
5.   End Game: Cops come to break up the party.  They shoot first before asking questions.  They kill the person who is most threatening (highest raw attack power) at the end of the phase if the game is not over.  If tied, random decides target.

You may pool your coins together to make larger purchases.  I am open to custom purchases; please let me know what you'd like to do and we can negotiate a price.  The sponsor menu is as follows:

4 coins
Annihilate: Destroy target item.  You may target a mask.
1-Up: Gift someone a Triple Espresso Shot (If they die, they are revived with nothing in their inventory and 0 Bleed damage.  Automatic, single use)

3 coins
Mask: Gift target player a new mask that will be brought into the game.  Chose from one of the following masks powers:
  • Chameleon: You may select any available mask power to use this phase.
  • Savage: Your attacks do an additional +1 Bleed.
  • Alluring: The Dance Partner comes to you when you have this mask in your possession.
  • Upside-down: While defending, secretly change the decorations between two target masks.
Immunize: Grant a player immunity this phase (this is publicized).
Bloodlust: Give target player temporary +3 attack that lasts until end of phase.

2 coins
Swap: Switch two players' masks.
Suck It Up: Target player recovers all Bleed damage.
Parasol: Gift target player a parasol +2 atk, +1 def

1 coin
Message: Send 10-word PM to target player or public message to game thread.
Fork You: Gift target player a dinner fork engraved with up to 3 words (public).
Bribe: Influence the Thief NPC (after phase 15) to perform an action you specify.

FREE
Karaoke: Suggest a song to include in the next write-up.  Song to be selected at the GM's discretion.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:07:32 pm by jasonC »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
Re: JTM Arena III: The Masquerade Sponsor's Lounge
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 07:10:44 pm »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
  • Rated: +23
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 07:29:57 pm »
Dammit :(

Missed the boat again it seems. Damn random generator.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Beam me up.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 07:30:55 pm »
Ah sorry Scotty.  I hope you have fun in the Sponsor Lounge, though.

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 07:51:46 pm »
VERY cool theme, Jason. Good work!

I also really like the private PM option. Seems like that can be a VERY useful thing if I had a liking for one particular person, though honestly I don't. Unless the maid shows up and she's smokin' hot and gets some screentime with an assassin. I'll support the fucker that can give me something to watch.

I'm down to pooling later on with anyone, though I foresee myself forking someone in the game tbh because forking.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Beam me up.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 08:06:47 pm »
HAHAHAHA TGG

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 08:19:08 pm »

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +370
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 09:49:33 pm »
I'd like to use [FREE] coins to suggest a song. The Tennessee Waltz.

I like Pinkling's AV. Togepi + Togami. Togepami, or perhaps Togamepi, if you will.

• Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +781
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 11:07:36 pm »
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 11:24:03 pm »
I like both songs.  I will probably use them both if I get the chance.

And thanks, Scotty for the kind words; they are appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:25:17 pm by jasonC »

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:25:06 am »
Are you fucking kidding me? What the hell.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 12:30:40 am »
I wanna spend all my coins to give MP a parasol and tell him to kill Jan's bitch ass.

@XthAtGAm3RGuYX wanna just pool our coins on MP instead?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 01:16:17 am »
Cobalt, let me know if you want to make that official.  I will accept sponsor purchases via PM as well.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 01:47:36 am »
I want TGG to get back to me first. If he wants to pool on MP against Jan we can decide how we want to divvy things up.

Anyone else want in? I wanna give him a 1-up.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 03:14:41 am »
I want TGG to get back to me first. If he wants to pool on MP against Jan we can decide how we want to divvy things up.

Anyone else want in? I wanna give him a 1-up.

We can give him a 1 up and ill spend my last two coins giving him a parasol. Should we do it today though?

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 05:15:53 am »
Can I spend coins to arm the NPCs or players not playing? I'd like to arm vote bot if so.

Tooooooooooooooooooggggggsssssssssss.

Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 05:20:12 am »
lol that av.

So that reminds me, I added another menu option for 1 coin:

Bribe: Influence the Thief NPC (after phase 15) to perform an action you specify.

And Syn, if you are serious, you can spend a coin and I can make a fluff post about vote bot being armed.  it may make some players paranoid in the thread lol....or you can write it yourself as a 10-word public message lol

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 05:33:13 am »
Ooh, I will definitely be doing that. I'll spend all my coins during the game to continually arm vote bot.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 05:34:25 am »
lol if the players make it to phase 25 (unlikely), I'll change the "cops" to "vote bot"....I'll see if I can work it in lol

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 06:14:52 am »
OK, this is what I'm thinking. Since vote bot isn't real I'll pay to arm him with some bullshit weapons etc for ridiculous stats.

Now here's the clinch, vote bot was sent back in time to terminate the gif virus before it destroys the forum.

Will flesh it out but that's the gist of it.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 06:36:52 am »
Synonym I'm devoting at least one coin to your cause. Freaking genius.

The other two are going to my #28 brother BK.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 06:40:46 am »
lol this is turning into Terminator very fast.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 10:55:20 am »
Vote Bot needs to play a role in every Arena game from here on out.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 10:57:16 am »
Vote Registered For more Arena games

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 11:57:37 am »
I would like to put in a [FREE] request to the orchestra for the song "Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" please

But someone has to have died first. Otherwise the words wouldnt make sense.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:58:31 am by Scotty »
Beam me up.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 12:00:46 pm »
Gonna wait a phase to see who is worthy of my sponsorship. Hopefully my bounty paya off.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2015, 12:32:45 pm »
We can give him a 1 up and ill spend my last two coins giving him a parasol. Should we do it today though?
@jasonC 1ups and parasols won't be public right?

I want to make sure he knows to kill Jan, we need one more coin to send him a message. Brb sucking dick for more sponsor coins.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2015, 12:34:10 pm »
It will be announced that he received the 1-up and the parasol, but no one will know who sponsored him.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »
we could also do this.

I send 3 people dinner forks engraved with "Please kill Jan"
Then you send MP a parasol and do whatever you want with the last coin.

Am I subtle or what?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 03:12:31 pm »
This game needs more turrets.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 03:50:01 pm »
Do that and I'll give Jan bloodlust Gamer.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2015, 03:57:46 pm »
Do that and I'll give Jan bloodlust Gamer.

Why? He's a fucking jackass.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 04:00:05 pm »
Why? He's a fucking jackass.

Jan is the chosen one and I will not tolerate any negative actions towards him.

Unless my bounty pays off and I have to make good on my promise.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2015, 04:47:18 pm »
Y'all niggers need vote bot. I plan on making him the God of this arena.

Soon JTM will have it's own pantheon of arena gods.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2015, 04:49:30 pm »
We need pictures of Turretius and Turretis as well.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2015, 05:30:49 pm »
Y'all niggers need vote bot. I plan on making him the God of this arena.

Soon JTM will have it's own pantheon of arena gods.

This was cinnamon's 666th post.

Shiiieeeeeett

Also Bious who do you want Jan to kill anyway?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2015, 05:41:40 pm »
This was cinnamon's 666th post.

Shiiieeeeeett

Also Bious who do you want Jan to kill anyway?

Confirmed: Vote Bot is the devil.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2015, 05:50:09 pm »
Every pantheon needs a primordial evil.

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2015, 06:46:45 pm »
we could also do this.

I send 3 people dinner forks engraved with "Please kill Jan"
Then you send MP a parasol and do whatever you want with the last coin.

Am I subtle or what?
Let's give MP a 1 up and a parasol. For all of our coins.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 12:36:16 am »
I would like to put in a [FREE] request to the orchestra for the song "Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" please

But someone has to have died first. Otherwise the words wouldnt make sense.

Excellent song.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 03:16:48 am »
OK, go ahead and spend my first coin to introduce to terminator. Arm him with the cure for gif's, a shotgun.

And a list.

The list will be sent at a later stage.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2015, 04:29:10 am »
Ok the seed has been planted. 

If this takes off, I'll throw in VoteBot into the write-ups for free, escalating as the game progresses lol.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2015, 04:35:23 am »
This makes me so unbelievably happy.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2015, 05:21:30 am »
I had trouble deciding the fluff for the phase 20 arena condition.... I've decided it will be VoteBot.

fingersplints

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +17
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2015, 05:24:48 am »
I'm kind of relieved to be a sponsor. I was excited about possibly going in, but this is probably better then jumping in. Gives me a better idea what it's about.

fingersplints

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2015, 05:25:17 am »
What is the criteria for the song choices???

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2015, 05:26:10 am »
No criteria.  Suggest anything you like!  If I like the song and it makes sense, I'll try to put it in.

fingersplints

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2015, 05:36:37 am »
The first song I thought of relating to the topic is this:

I swear I'm not just trying to advertise that Lloyd Weber game XD it really is just the first thing that came to mind. not sure if it's been used already either

(I'm on my phone and can't find the video tags! So sorry for link )

fingersplints

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2015, 05:37:21 am »
Oh, the link showed up as a video anyways. Cool :)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2015, 05:37:43 am »
lol fingersplints!  This was the opening song I used.   :)