September 23, 2017, 04:44:41 pm

Author Topic: JTM ARENA III: THE MASQUERADE SIGN-UPS THREAD  (Read 19025 times)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
JTM ARENA III: THE MASQUERADE SIGN-UPS THREAD
« on: June 04, 2015, 11:04:24 pm »

Introduction
An unmarked envelope secretly arrives at your doorstep.  After careful inspection, curiosity gets the better of you and you open it to reveal an odd invitation with an address on the back, half way round the world.  Whoever delivered it knows your occupation (assassin).  Do you choose to attend this party?

Game Concept
Fifteen players are invited to a masquerade where the object is to be the last one standing.  Players submit actions during each phase to help themselves win.  Why?  The winner receives the title of “The Grand King/Queen of the Ball.”  Some game design notes and highlights for this game:

-   Open concept providing for deeper mind games;
-   No fatal arena hazards until phase 25 – players will die to each other; and
-   No mind control tech/stalling – you will have ample time to play while you are alive.

Each player will be given a mask upon entry that grants them unique abilities.  All of the players know what the capabilities of each mask are, but they do not know which mask is which as they are randomly decorated beforehand.  Players will know the abilities of any mask they have in their possession.  Every two phases, everyone switches masks randomly.

You may also sign up as a sponsor.  Sponsors observe the game from a sponsor’s lounge and can directly affect gameplay by spending sponsor coins.

Damage and Dying
Players start with an attack and defense value of 0/0.  There are two types of damage in this game, so that means there are two ways to die as well.

1.   Attack damage (atk) – This is the same as in previous Arena games.  You die if you are attacked for more than what your defense value is.
2.   Bleed damage (Bleed) – Bleed damage is cumulative and carries over from phase to phase.  If you have more bleed damage than defense, you die.

Actions
All actions must be submitted via PM to the GM.  Players may perform one main action per phase and may be changed up until the phase end deadline.

There are only 4 main actions this game:

1.   Attack: Attack target player with one weapon of your choice that you hold.  You may target yourself.
2.   Defend: Add your defense value to target player.  You may target yourself.  Bleed damage done to target player that phase is negated.
3.   Scavenge: Pick up target item (weapon, armor, or misc) for your use.  Armor is immediately equipped when scavenged. Scavenges where multiple players are targeting the same item will be randomly resolved.
4.   Investigate: Learn ability of target mask.

Main actions resolve simultaneously.  The results of the main actions will be announced by the GM in the end-of-phase write-ups.

Additionally, players may drop, destroy, or trade items in their possession at any point in the phase.  All actions must be PMed to the GM.  The trade must be accepted (via PM) before it officially takes place.  This includes “giving” of items.  The GM will announce the results of these actions as soon as possible in the main thread.

Items
Players may carry an unlimited amount of items of any type, but may only attack with one weapon per attack action.  If a player is carrying multiple weapons, they must specify which weapon they are using while attacking.  Defense bonuses stack.  The weapon, armor, and miscellaneous items will be kept secret until the game starts.  However, the mask abilities are revealed here:

Spoiler for Mask Abilities:
1.  You cannot defend.  You may attack twice, targeting two different players.
2.  While defending, you may target a mask and a player (you may target yourself) to move that mask to that player next phase.
3.  While scavenging , you automatically Defend as well (Defend bonus is calculated after you scavenge).
4. Gain  +1 def.  When you Investigate, you can target two masks.
5.  You cannot attack.  If you are attacked, you automatically attack your attacker first, before your attacker can hit you.
6.  If you attack someone who is scavenging, their scavenge fails as if they did no action this phase.
7.  When you attack a player, you also Investigate the Mask that they are wearing.
8.  Your attacks do half damage, rounded down.  Any player that you attack drops a target item (you may target a mask) they are holding if they survive your attack. 
9.  If you take no action this phase, gain +1 atk, +1 def next phase.
10.  Enter a PM with the player wearing the [XX] Mask
11. Enter a PM with the player wearing the [XX] Mask
12. When you Attack someone, their Mask is disabled for that phase (for the PM masks, the PM is inactive for 1 phase).
13. Recover 1 Bleed damage at the end of the phase.
14. Gain atk equal to the amount of Bleed damage you have.
15. You may opt to gain 1 Bleed damage (applied before your actions) to take an additional action.

If at any point in the game you are in possession of more than one mask, you may only use one mask power at a time.   

Phases and Write-Ups
Write-ups shall include a summary of main actions taken by players each phase and a record of each player’s inventory and bleed damage.  Phases will last 24 hours ending at 10 PM EST each night.

At the end of each 2nd phase, the masks will randomly switch between players.  Every 5th phase, there will be a change in the arena condition which will be announced as they happen.  These will not be fatal arena hazards (except for phase 25 endgame)!

Sponsors
Instead of signing up as a player, you can sign up as a sponsor which will give you access to the sponsor lounge to spectate and affect gameplay using sponsor coins.  The sponsor purchase menu is hidden from players in the arena.  Purchases will be announced anonymously in thread at time of purchase.

Sponsors start with 3 coins each.  Dead players enter the sponsor’s lounge and get 1 coin.  Sponsor coins may be spent at any time during a phase.  You may pool your coins together to make purchases of high-cost items.

Additional Rules
1. PMs are not allowed!  If someone PMs you regarding the game other than promoting, please report it to the GM and appropriate action will be taken.  This also includes any communication through other means (e.g. gchat, Skype, ICQ). Please keep game talk in the game threads.
2. No alt accounts!  Attempts to sponsor yourself through fake accounts will be highly looked down upon.

If more than 15 players sign up, the players shall be chosen via lottery.  The players not selected will automatically be entered into the Sponsors' Lounge.  The game will start today, June 9 at 10 PM EST.  Sign ups will end a half hour before then.  SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED.  After the game begins, sponsors may continue to sign up for as long as the game is running.

Players:
1. Fruit Punch Samurai G
2. ✰Alpha✰
3. Missing Person
4. Aidebit
5. DrWilgy
6. Blindknagg
7. doof
8. Augustus
9. Pimp Willy
10. ForgeDigger
11. descuffphoenix
12. Jan
13. Cobalt
14. Scotty
15. Simple Machine
16. fingersplints
17. Sig
18. Pinkling

Sponsors:
1. Bious
2. RadicalFuzz
3. Synonym
4. XthAtGAm3RGuYX
5. drwill439
6. Skizzz

Come dance.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:31:23 pm by jasonC »
  • Like x 4    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
Re: JTM ARENA III: THE MASQUERADE SIGN-UPS THREAD
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 11:09:29 pm »
Hopefully I'm one of the lucky 15 this time. Sign me up.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1904
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 11:13:22 pm »
I'm signing up, but who am I behind this mask?

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 4    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1397
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 11:13:32 pm »
In
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 11:13:49 pm »
I'm signing up, but who am I behind this mask?

Possibly Icege.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 11:16:16 pm »
@Gamer Dude @fingersplints @Long Con @juliets this is the salt release game I have mentioned.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 11:17:59 pm »
Can Icege be a NPC with the worst stats ever?  Like so bad that even someone without a weapon can kill him?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 11:22:29 pm »
Can Icege be a NPC with the worst stats ever?  Like so bad that even someone without a weapon can kill him?

I may be able to work something in a write-up, if you need the salt release lol.

Aidebit

• White Toast
  • Green Eggs and Hair
  • Rated: +139
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 11:25:13 pm »
I'm gonna show you guys who's boss

In
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 11:31:04 pm »
Count me in.

*Scratches beard, grinning*

This ought to be good.
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +619
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 11:54:37 pm »
Can I not reply to to invitation and then show up anyway?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Blindknagg

• Toasts in the Sky
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +467
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 02:16:17 am »
I'm in.

doof

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +7
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 02:23:47 am »
hmmm sign me up im keen

this sounds crazy

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 04:31:47 am »
Can I not reply to to invitation and then show up anyway?

So, sponsor?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 05:44:49 am »
Possibly Icege.

I was gonna say Alpha.

Then I saw who posted that.

Also in.

As a sponsor.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 06:13:45 am »
Okay.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1507
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 06:51:50 am »
Put me in, coach
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +619
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 08:20:06 am »
So, sponsor?
I guess that is what that means.

But no, I wanna be a player.
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 08:28:15 am »

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 09:07:36 am »
Sponsor. After the FE game I've learned that I prefer to play simpler Arena games.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 09:12:15 am »
Sponsor. After the FE game I've learned that I prefer to play simpler Arena games.

Ok.  Hmm, this one was designed to be simpler, but if you think otherwise, that's fine.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
  • Rated: +134
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 09:46:45 am »
I want in. I'm quite good at this.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 09:47:14 am »
FE was complex but it was straightforward and made logical sense to me. Partially because I'd played a little bit of the game. This and Transformers there's no "Okay, so it's like X but these are different" factors, it's entirely new. Which is fine, but I'd rather watch and ruin the game for someone than play.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 11:55:04 am »
There was a FE Arena game?

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 11:56:57 am »
A Femblem arena game sounds fun. Wish it existed.
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 12:11:54 pm »
Yes, so do I!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +783
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 04:12:09 pm »
Sponsor. I am already a champion, I need not re-enter the arena.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 04:29:35 pm »
Sponsor. I am already a champion, I need not re-enter the arena.

Idk man. You Chief and I need to duke it out sometime.

Jan

• Goddess
  • Rye Toast
  • Roll up the partition, please.
  • Rated: +45
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 06:26:14 pm »
I'll probably flop harshly as I did in Augustus game on GTF but I'm in.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 06:32:31 pm »
sponsor.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1904
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 08:41:35 pm »
I'll probably flop harshly as I did in Augustus game on GTF but I'm in.

@Augustus, how many fucking games have you stolen?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Augustus

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Kill me. I dare you.
  • Rated: +437
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 09:00:08 pm »
Two and a half.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 09:47:38 pm »
By the way, first player to kill the person I want dead gets whichever item is the most OP thing I can buy.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 09:49:57 pm »
First player to receive an item from Bious will have that item destroyed/removed from their inventory kappa
  • Like x 3    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 10:36:54 pm »
Unless it's a dagger or a false message, in which case you win the game.

Ah, memories.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +783
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 10:39:59 pm »
I swear to God Augustus of you steal either my survivor or mspaint game I will find you and beat you to death with Caitlyn Jenner's implants.

Tooooooooooooooooooggggggsssssssssss.

• Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 5    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 7 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2015, 10:57:36 pm »
So basically, I'm automatically sponsored by TGG if I say I'm targeting Jan, right?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 12:18:50 am »
@Simple Machine talking about this

Jan

• Goddess
  • Rye Toast
  • Roll up the partition, please.
  • Rated: +45
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 01:21:05 am »
So basically, I'm automatically sponsored by TGG if I say I'm targeting Jan, right?
y'all need Jesus

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2015, 02:46:32 am »
I'm in. Anyone want to ally up? :eli:
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 03:49:08 am »
y'all need Jesus

Yeah, you'll fit in here fine.

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
  • Rated: +23
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2015, 04:05:05 am »
I will sign up as a player, though I don't know what I am getting myself into....
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Beam me up.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2015, 04:32:19 am »
I will sign up as a player, though I don't know what I am getting myself into....

You'll catch on fast, it's not that hard.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2015, 05:30:43 am »
Thanks for the interest, guys.  Only two more sign ups until Fruit Punch loses his spot. kappa
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 3    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2015, 07:15:17 am »

HOW DID YOU KNOW!?!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2015, 07:16:26 am »
Ancient Chinese Secret :coffee:

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2015, 08:04:39 am »
MP can't read who I want gone kappa

drwill439

• Rye Toast
  • High tops are still cool, right?
  • Rated: +83
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2015, 08:15:26 am »
Might I sponsor?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what goes here.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2015, 08:31:22 am »
MP can't read who I want gone kappa

Like hell I can't.

BTW: Ping test when I get to Seoul for SMS matches.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2015, 08:53:05 am »
Like hell I can't.

BTW: Ping test when I get to Seoul for SMS matches.

I'm gonna send someone a PM with a nsme. You get it, I owe you a favor. You don't,  you owe me one.