August 18, 2017, 05:01:51 pm

Author Topic: Mock Game - Mafia PM  (Read 8468 times)

Administrator

• The Man
  • Administrator
  • Moldy Toast
  • The Man
  • Rated: +18
Mock Game - Mafia PM
« on: October 23, 2014, 10:46:53 pm »
Welcome @RadicalFuzz and @Vynce to the mafia PM

good luck
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
  • Rated: +561
Re: Mock Game - Mafia PM
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 04:30:14 am »
Oh here we are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 06:11:34 am »
Okay, was this even RNGd?

I got Mafia with my bro during the MOCK game?

WHYHYYYYYY

And if we're doing this we're doing it for real, no reacting to posts in here.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 07:08:40 am »
lol IKR

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1501
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:20:49 am »
You used up your mafia card Fuzzy, back to no mafia for 2 years after this
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 08:37:59 am »
You used it up, not me. PJSalt

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 08:53:05 am »
Don't answer Forge's question Vynce, it's intended to get you to agree with her and then she'll reveal that that's not actually that you're supposed to see. Chill offline for a few hours and hope someone else addresses it, and I'll do the same. Finally get some free time, gonna be great change of pace.

Pimp I hate you sometimes

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 10:31:23 am »
lol the idea of this game was just to put the forum through its paces, not really to be that into the game!

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 10:31:27 am »
Non-answered. Before, the LL was there and empty, but that appears to be gone. Presumably, this would be gone too

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 12:58:26 pm »
Pimp - Disagree

Also don't at each other in here, I know the person can see it but not sure if Mentions are publicly visible to others.

Like 80% sure Forge suspects you FYI. If she doesn't say anything by the end of the Day phase about it we're killing her for the following reasons.

-Suspects you
-Won't say much about it, which hints towards "I'll know soon anyway" kind of mentality
-It's not a move either of us would pull

If she is UC though, then after she pops up dead but before her Last Gasp goes up I'm going to semi-throw you under the bus. Not much, just a little "So she suspected Vynce, A, and B a little bit too" kinda stuff. If she did investigate you then it makes me look slightly better, low risk low reward kinda style

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 01:01:42 pm »
Disagree, @RadicalFuzz the entire point of this is to find anything that causes issues. If you or @Vynce are able to be seen through mentions in a private forum, that's exactly what we want to find out
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 01:02:32 pm »
What happens if you Mention somebody in a thread they don't have permission in? That would be an interesting test...

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 01:07:21 pm »
By the way, MP is saying that he and Syn are Lovers. Put it into the bbcode of the countdown in one of his posts. If you quote it you can see the message.

It looks like [ countdown ] date yadda yadda *Message*[ /countdown ]

Administrator

• The Man
  • Administrator
  • Moldy Toast
  • The Man
  • Rated: +18
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 03:23:54 pm »
Funnily enough, Vynce should have caught that since the bbcode doesnt work o ntapatalk, you just see the whole [countdown]message[/countdown] thing shown lol

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 04:05:20 pm »
Lol Ohh yeah! Yeah, they and Forge are onto me. The latter mostly because of the former

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 04:06:16 pm »
Time to start trolling

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 06:10:47 pm »
Pimp you're the biggest troll this side of the Mississippi

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 09:52:03 pm »
What did I do now? Lol

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 11:07:19 pm »
"Let's see if Mentions are publicly visible!"
@s both of the Mafia

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 12:35:18 am »
oh, that, duh

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 04:51:11 am »
Killing GDR would be the most interesting play.

Killing MP or Syn would be wise. Even if that RC isn't to be believed.

If MP was lying, Syn might still have a role.

*KILL SYNONYM*

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 08:55:18 am »
In the Video Mafia game last night, Syn performed pretty poorly, at least for Syn. It might just be me riding off of that, but I think we can afford to keep him alive for at least one more day. Plus there's a good chance the Medic is protecting him. Missing Person, unless he's Medic, isn't an "auto protect" for a lot of people when next to Synonym, since they've claimed Lovers together they're on the same priority level, and we'll give the civs the opportunity to shift heat onto Godots for it, which also means he'll be too busy defending himself to point fingers at me, and if I stay at a safe distance the person who voted for me yesterday ending up on the chopping block the next day won't be anything more than a coincidence.

At the same time though, I'm moderately certain that Forge is UC. The presence of the Godfather role means she can't completely trust her results unless she investigates you. I think, until I die, we can try to make the civs doubt any results she'll get.

Do you have any idea as to who the Vigi is? My first guess would be Godots or Alpha, simply because they've been quiet. If not them, then it's possible that Syn told MP in that "deleted post" thing so MP claimed Lover with him with the permission of his real Lover.

Overall, I'm pretty confident that MP will urge everyone to vote Godots next day phase if we kill him tonight. Ideally, the civilians will latch onto his recent "guys Godots is Mafia lol" post and lead the lynch themselves, and we can safely vote wherever we want, so long as it's with good reasoning.

Pimp can we change actions once we submit them?

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 09:23:03 am »
If we can...

*LYNCH MISSING PERSON*

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 09:43:57 am »
Think I have to submit it because I'm listed as Godfather.

Kill Missing Person
Pill Kissing Merson

In the event that I get Vigilante-d tonight Vynce, you need a plan. Vice-versa, as well. Start thinking about that, particularly how to avoid Forge for the vast majority of the game and if/when/how to kill her.

Just a separate note real quick, if the lynch wagon's going onto me I'm going to do something. If I tell you what it is I compromise your legitimate reaction, but just be aware I have a plan.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 10:20:13 am »
You got it. I anticipate being vigi'd tonight. Admittedly, I'm dicking around this game. The result isn't important and it'll make me harder to read next time I draw mafia.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 10:21:27 am »
lol definitely thought I was godfather

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2014, 10:36:38 am »
I think the lovers believe GDR and myself are mafia. Neglecting to seal his fate helps with that.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2014, 10:55:42 am »
I'm aware you're just screwing around, and it's all good. I probably won't get this chance for another year so I need the practice lol

I feel like MP & Syn both thinking that Godots is Mafia is almost a bit too convenient. Like, Syn is just going along with this Lovers thing to mess up our perception of the game, and right when we're relying on that information a third person will claim.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 11:05:09 am »
Yeah, they're up to something; no doubt

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2014, 12:15:13 pm »
Oh wow, I thought there was a Godfather. I'm a dunce

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »
It says you're godfather in role pm

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2014, 12:38:27 pm »
I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse.

Pimp, what does being Godfather entail? Do I have the final say on who we kill at night, do I come up clean if investigated?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2014, 02:08:50 pm »
You have the final say on who gets killed if theres a disagreement between you two, thats basically it

If you look at the roles, there is no UC or Medic in this game, so the whole comes up clean part doesnt come into play here

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2014, 02:16:40 pm »
FYI I'm gonna be posting A LOT in here now that things have gotten interesting, so if you don't want to get a lot of emails you should probably turn off email notifications for the time being.

@Pimp Willy - You received our Night Kill correctly as "Kill Missing Person" correct? Also you never answered my original question, were roles randomized?

If yes, there's a Witch, which is good for us sort of. Witch is Mafia-aligned, though they don't know who we are in most formats. That they targeted either you or me tells me that they thought we were Mafia or Vigi most likely, most Witches wouldn't try to purposefully redirect the UC or Medic's actions as it's less disruptive, and redirecting Lovers does nothing in every format I've played. That would explain why I'm Godfather when Pimp said only 2 roleless, and the obvious redirection of our night kill.

Also, a trump card I can play if I get checked by the UC and come up clean is that there's no Godfather listed on the roles. Ideally, that's before any non-listed role dies, but even if a secret role has died the possibility of a Godfather doesn't incriminate me, just makes the UC hesitant to check his results. This is of course assuming that there's a UC, as it's not a listed role. I could also claim Vigilante and express my concern at my shot not hitting the mark. Presumably the real Vigi's did, and it's likely the Vigi would off me that night, but I could buy one phase with that pretty easily.

Possible secret roles:
Witch (guaranteed IMO, it's Pimp and the results don't make sense without one)
UC
Medic
Jester (extremely unlikely)
Spy would be impossible because Pimp's specifically @-ed players in here, which would be purposefully screwing with the Spy's results. Spy as in "peek at Mafia conversation" not Spy as in "Not really Mafia"

Also I just realized, Pimp has been literally encouraging people to break into the forum and see who the Mafia is. I understand it's so those holes can be fixed for future games, but that would be a hella anticlimactic way to end this legendary Mafia team.

If you're reading this and are going to get us lynched, at least play along a bit in the thread first, okay?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 02:18:38 pm »
You have the final say on who gets killed if theres a disagreement between you two, thats basically it

If you look at the roles, there is no UC or Medic in this game, so the whole comes up clean part doesnt come into play here

Yeah well Missing Person is still alive and you're Pimp Willy, so excuse me if I don't believe you.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2014, 02:56:52 pm »
Jester. That's a good angle. I'll take to it if the thread turns on me/

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »
Yeah that was my bad, I misremembered, you want it switched to mp?

I'm not really putting as much into the game as you are since, like I said, its just to test the role separations

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2014, 03:12:46 pm »
Be extremely careful with how you say it. Since it's supposedly a secret role you have to be much more obvious than you'd otherwise have to.

You: "I don't think voting for [other candidate] would be a good idea"
Someone (maybe me): "Wait, what if there's a Jester?"
You: "B)"

Main issue is that only three people currently know there's a Witch, us two and the Witch.

As for who the Witch is, maybe it's Forge and she thought you were dirty so she redirected you onto someone. That doesn't click in just right though, it's forced a bit. Godots would be my second since Alpha's dead now, I suppose.

Also, the score is:
3-2 if we're assuming the Witch doesn't count towards the "Mafia wins if they have more peeps" rule, which she usually doesn't because she doesn't know the Mafia
Lynch or Lose time, so we have to last approximately one more day.

@Pimp Willy does the Mafia kill or the Vigi kill go first?

One last thing for now, there are 2 "roleless civilians". One of them is a Witch, obviously, and I suspect Willy gave the other one a secret role as well. UC would be the most likely IMO, as it affects the game the most and Pimp is a troll. It also stays silent, never in the writeups, meaning roleclaims would have to be trusted when it's not listed on the role list and there are no public mentions of secret roles, which again goes back to Pimp being a troll.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2014, 03:19:13 pm »
Again, there's no witch or secret role. I just misremembered which lover you killed

With no saves or blocks I don't think it matters which kill goes first

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2014, 03:19:29 pm »
I'd say they go off at the same time

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2014, 03:30:41 pm »
The paranoia is too real.

No I don't want it changed since then Syn would be confirmed Lover lol

You can still try that secret role Jester/UC thing if you want Vynce, but I think you'll be good for today.

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2014, 08:46:07 pm »
I wonder if missing that vote may have helped our cause. I have to imagine MP is second guessing his GDR vote right now. Or, less likely, he's less suspicious of me.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2014, 10:43:52 pm »
He sounds pretty certain of Godots, given that it's a forum mechanic thing so even if he isn't acting dirty he's, in MP's eyes, given information that only the Mafia could know. Unless Forge or Godots presents a fantastic counter-argument then I'd say this is game.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2014, 10:03:37 am »
I won't be available at deadline to vote, so if you want to try a dissenting vote onto someone I don't think it'll be possible. I'll have to either lock in on you, Forge, or No Lynch because I don't want to lynch my bro (that's a bit too corny though, I doubt Forge or MP will buy it)

Going to bring up the possibility that Godots had said "I can't get into the Mafia PM by changing the URL" to make himself appear clean when he was actually getting that message from attempting to get into the Lovers PM. If I kill Forge tonight, and Godots doesn't Vigi me (If Forge was Vigi you'd have been dead last night) then I'm going to push Godots and try to sway MP. He seems to trust me more than he should, at least on Skype Mafia, so it might work. I'll push him, he'll claim Vigi, and then I can counter claim. I've been lightly hinting at it, and Alpha dying Night 1 is definitely something I would do for fun. And after all, this game is for fun and to break the forum. It'll depend on who MP believes, and why he believes them. I've also been more active so I'm pretty certain that he's slightly predisposed towards me, the main hurdle will be convincing him that Godots would've killed Forge last night. I think if I push Forge a decent bit more, act about 70% confident that she's the last Mafia, and then she dies at night MP could buy that.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2014, 12:34:33 pm »
Forge is killing me tonight so hard, ugh.

I'll have to kill her and convince MP to go after Godots in the event she doesn't try to kill me. And to make that event more likely I'll have to super subtly put pressure on her.

It's either me or Godots at this point. Let's say you shoot one of us tonight, but you shoot the wrong one, and the Mafia kills you. Now it's just the Mafia and MP, and we've lost. Instead of shooting someone, spend your time making a case against me. If you shoot the wrong person we lose, but if you hold off on the trigger then we have the following setup going into tomorrow. One Mafia, one Roleless, and one confirmed Lover. And before you try to jump on a "Mafia slip" when I said you were getting killed tonight, not killing you would officially be game for the following reasons.

-It has to be me or Godots, killing one of us would literally confirm the other
-You're the Vigi, so unless you get lynched tomorrow or killed tonight Mafia loses by default, and since you're the Vigi you're not going to be lynched

The score is currently 3-1, and the Mafia will make it 2-1 tonight. If you shoot then you singlehandedly either win the game or lose it. If you talk then you give us a significantly better starting point to Day 3.

And before you go off on how this is exactly what Mafia would want which means I'm Mafia yadda yadda, this is the exact same way I approached the situation in the Attack on Titan game. We have an advantage, why take a bigger risk than necessary?

In the end though, it's up to you, so if you're feeling 100% confident that I'm Mafia go ahead and shoot me. All I ask is that you organize your suspicions against me to go into tomorrow. consider the possibility that I'm not Mafia *gasp*, and don't try to pin the blame on me if you're wrong by saying I was acting so dirty that I made you shoot me. Is that reasonable?

Also I think that these posts appear on our post total, so this will be the last one I make unless I need to address something specifically. You have 50 posts, for instance, but I'm fairly certain you don't actually have 50 public posts, you know? It was good working with you.

Also it just clicked, Forge shot Alpha Night 1. Damn that's cold.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2014, 12:34:59 pm »
^No it doesn't I'm just paranoid

Vynce

• White Toast
  • Hater.
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:56 pm »
You should point out that my lack of a vote saved GDR's life. And that he jumped on me as the thread turned. Looked like one of us would sacrifice

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2014, 02:38:11 pm »
No, because the same holds true of me. You not voting incriminates me, Godots, and Alpha. And Forge only thinks one of those three is necessarily Mafia. It's more toast to feed her tunnel vision. That could work if she at least had multiple suspects, but there's nobody else on her chopping block for tomorrow so I can't pull that card. I could might use that tomorrow after she's dead, but definitely not today. And I'll need to gauge both MP & Godots before I know how to put it. Thanks :tup:

Forge is starting to doubt herself though. I need to take this slow and steady, and hope MP doesn't wake up (literally & figuratively) soon, and it's still possible. Also if Pimp ends Day phase on time so there's as little time as possible in between this lynch and the next day phase that'd be nice.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2014, 02:44:48 pm »
Okay, I see where you're coming from with this "feel bad as Mafia" stuff, this pressure I'm putting on Forge is making me feel bad. "If you're prepared to either win or lose the game then by all means but otherwise" lol

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2014, 10:08:44 pm »
Kill ForgeDigger