June 20, 2018, 04:04:37 am

Author Topic: Game Design/Balancing Thread  (Read 36330 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1527
Re: Game Design/Balancing Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2017, 09:21:26 am »
I remember being thoroughly confused by the entire setup of that game, possibly because I am not familiar with the source material
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +743
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:32 am »
Wait are you talking about the same game? AoT? At which points did you laugh at, Fuzz?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1421
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2017, 08:48:58 am »
So here's what I have. Basically, remember that SFxT game I kept teasing? Spoiler: That was supposed to be an April Fools joke during the hayday of Mafia on SRK, as a way to troll. There was going to be zero actual mafia and the entire group playing was supposed to freak out when they kept mislynching.

It's a little too late to do that, since the joke that was SFxT is no longer a punchline worth pursuing and we're in a fragile state in mafia that a joke game like that would do more harm than good.

As such I've been redesigning it to be a legitimate game. Here's what I have:

Pandora Mode: At night, in lieu of a night kill, Tekken may opt to sacrifice one of their own.  This will activate Pandora Mode.  In Pandora Mode, there will be no more night phases.  Day phases will last exactly 24 hours, and players should vote to lynch.  This cycle will continue until Tekken wins, or the civilians have lynched a Tekken.  Point deduction and DQs will not occur due to missing vote deadlines in Pandora Mode. Gems may not be activated during Pandora Mode.

Possible Gems:

Meter Gem
-Activation Requirement: 3 or more players vote for you during a day phase, and you are not lynched.
-Activation Result: Once during the game, you may use your Gem to target two people with your ability.

Attack Gem
-Activation Requirement: You are targeted by an ability that is not yours during two night phases.
-Activation Result: Once during the game, you may use your ability without regard to any ability that may result in it being unsuccessful.

Defense Gem
-Activation Requirement: You are part of the lynch majority three phases in a row.
-Activation Result: Once during the game, you may choose to be automatically protected from any night kill should you be targeted.

Roles:

SF:

Elena: You may choose one player at night, including yourself.  That person will be protected from any night kill.

Guile: You may choose one player at night.  You will be told their alignment.  If you, or the player you target, is targeted by Elena on the same night, your results will return as Inconclusive.  You may not target yourself.

Chun-Li: You may choose one player at night.  You will be told their alignment, but it will be the opposite result (Meaning, Tekken will return as Street Fighter.)  If you, or the player you target, is targeted by Elena on the same night, your results will return as Inconclusive.  You may not target yourself.

Rolento: You may choose one player at night.  If you are targeted for a night kill, one of your grenades will detonate and kill that player as well.

Ibuki: You may choose one player at night to throw a Kunai at.  Unless that player is targeted by Elena, they will die.  You start with 3 kunais, and lose them if you kill a Street Fighter.  If your supply drops below 3, they will be replinished if a Tekken gets lynched.

Juri: You may choose one player at night.  You will be told whether that player has a special role or not.

Cody: You may choose to put one player in jail at night.  You will be told what abilities, if any, were used on them that night.

Poison: Once, during day phase, you may submit a target.  The lynch vote will be nullified, and your target will be lynched instead.

Rufus: Receives a last gasp if killed.

Tekken:

Heihachi:  You are responsible for sending the Tekken night kills.  You will always investigate as "Street Fighter."

Jin:  You may target one person at night.  If that person is targeted by Guile or Chun-Li, their results will be reversed.

Marduk: You may target one person every other night.  That person will not be allowed to be targeted by Elena for two nights, including the night you target them.

Nina: You may target one person every night.  That person's ability will be blocked, if it is an active ability, and will be included in the write-up.

Kazuya: You may choose once during day phase to activate your Devil Gene.  If you do, the day phase will end, the lynch vote will be nullified, and night phase will begin.

Xiaoyu: If you are killed by Rolento or Ibuki, Tekken gets an extra night kill on the next night phase.

Yoshimitsu: May commit seppuku and sacrifice himself at night. In doing so, Tekken will receive the roles of three Street Fighters at random.

Alisa: If night killed, her head explodes, killing whoever targeted her. If lynched, she will give her head to a random person who voted to lynch her.

Third Party:

Akuma: May target one person each night. If that person has a special role, he becomes aligned with whichever team that player is on, and gains a new role accordingly. If that player is roleless, he commits Shun Goku Satsu and kills whoever he targeted.

Akuma (Street Fighter):

Akuma (Tekken):

Now, let's balance the shit out of this.
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +380
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2017, 09:07:51 am »
That's a lot of players. 9 Civ roles & 8 Mafia ones, along with a 3rd party, make 18 without roleless. Given that Akuma's entire ability requires roleless, that's probably 5/6 more. Might need to scale that down depending on activity. Does every individual player pick their preferred gem or is it randomly assigned?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +743
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2017, 10:25:31 am »
SFxT isn't even relevant anymore.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +2000
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2017, 02:22:02 pm »
Marduk's broken. Elena has enough disadvantages without that role.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
  • Rated: +72
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2017, 01:28:34 am »
So, I came up with a theme for a game that I'm sure could work, but my schedule really doesn't permit me to run a game. Pretty simple in roles (almost identical to my alien idea, because simple works for me) but so much more fun. This game would have to be run on SRK simply because of what it's about.

SRK Meta Mafia

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2017, 01:58:53 am »
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2017, 02:33:03 am »
The scenario:

Due to a mishap involving McRib sauce, the SRK database gets corrupted. An unfortunate side effect of this is several malicious users have been shuffled around and given mod powers. The only way to stop them is to ban them before they can ban the real mods and outnumber the good users. Luckily, Vanilla is such garbage that banning someone can only occur once a day.

Our Mods:

Pertho: Guardian Angel - At the beginning of the night phase, this Mod selects a poster. This poster is unable to be lynched until the following day. "Banning people is a last resort around here."

Preppy: Database Analysis - Select one user during the night phase. At the end of the night phase, that person's role will be revealed to Preppy. "Just give me the summary."

DevilJin: Infraction - During the night phase, select one user. That user's account will be deleted (see also: banned). Only usable three times before shit gets too corrupted. "I guess that one infraction was just enough to get him banned."

Regular users: Who cares? It's SRK!

Our Trolls:

Affinity: Obfuscation - Any examination will come up as a regular user. Mostly because this robot's posts get buried so fast no one can read them. They never say anything important anyways. "Most Ultimate Misogyny Hyper Combo Finish!"

Po Pimpus: F----! - If this user gets banned, they select another user to get into a petulant flame war. Both users are banned. "It's not bad DLC if I like it!"

StockyJam: Check up - At the beginning of the night phase, choose one user to "enforce." That user will be unable to use their ability because they'll be too busy at the local clinic wondering what those warts are. "Seriously, get tested."

Third Party

WTF-AKUMA-HAX: Cult of Personality - Choose one user each night to indoctrinate. If alive at the end of the game with everyone indoctrinated, you win no matter which side is the victor.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2017, 04:44:03 am »
>no Angelpalm or NickRocks

Why even play?

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2017, 09:55:07 am »
They didn't fit as mods, and couldn't come up with a good reason for their role as trolls.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2017, 10:19:18 am »
That's a lot of players. 9 Civ roles & 8 Mafia ones, along with a 3rd party, make 18 without roleless. Given that Akuma's entire ability requires roleless, that's probably 5/6 more. Might need to scale that down depending on activity. Does every individual player pick their preferred gem or is it randomly assigned?

It triggers as you gain them.
Marduk's broken. Elena has enough disadvantages without that role.

Remove him, or fix it?

If the latter, how would you guys suggest?
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +818
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2017, 04:46:39 pm »
The scenario:

Due to a mishap involving McRib sauce, the SRK database gets corrupted. An unfortunate side effect of this is several malicious users have been shuffled around and given mod powers. The only way to stop them is to ban them before they can ban the real mods and outnumber the good users. Luckily, Vanilla is such garbage that banning someone can only occur once a day.

Our Mods:

Pertho: Guardian Angel - At the beginning of the night phase, this Mod selects a poster. This poster is unable to be lynched until the following day. "Banning people is a last resort around here."

Preppy: Database Analysis - Select one user during the night phase. At the end of the night phase, that person's role will be revealed to Preppy. "Just give me the summary."

DevilJin: Infraction - During the night phase, select one user. That user's account will be deleted (see also: banned). Only usable three times before shit gets too corrupted. "I guess that one infraction was just enough to get him banned."

Regular users: Who cares? It's SRK!

Our Trolls:

Affinity: Obfuscation - Any examination will come up as a regular user. Mostly because this robot's posts get buried so fast no one can read them. They never say anything important anyways. "Most Ultimate Misogyny Hyper Combo Finish!"

Po Pimpus: F----! - If this user gets banned, they select another user to get into a petulant flame war. Both users are banned. "It's not bad DLC if I like it!"

StockyJam: Check up - At the beginning of the night phase, choose one user to "enforce." That user will be unable to use their ability because they'll be too busy at the local clinic wondering what those warts are. "Seriously, get tested."

Third Party

WTF-AKUMA-HAX: Cult of Personality - Choose one user each night to indoctrinate. If alive at the end of the game with everyone indoctrinated, you win no matter which side is the victor.
I would play the shit out of this game.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2017, 06:06:28 pm »
There needs to be a Zatalcon one with something about Chinks in it.

Otherwise, looks good.

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2017, 07:07:01 pm »
Too bad my schedule sucks, so running a game is nearly impossible for me.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2017, 10:33:39 pm »
Too bad my schedule sucks, so running a game is nearly impossible for me.

Could you do the write-ups? I'd be happy to run the game, but I have little context for most of those players to add flavour.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2017, 11:44:13 pm »
Could you do the write-ups? I'd be happy to run the game, but I have little context for most of those players to add flavour.
I probably could. Most of the write ups are very fill in the blank in nature, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2017, 02:23:23 am »
I probably could. Most of the write ups are very fill in the blank in nature, so it shouldn't be too hard.

I'll get a sign-up over on SRK going and post a link here. I'll aim to start the game in the new year. Just need to figure out some deadlines that won't completely kill me timezone wise.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:33 am »
@Bious

Wanna help me get some weapons into Danganronpa 3 Arena? I really just need some vanilla weapons, as I want the main focus of the game to be the abilities. I just can't help myself from not making weapons that have like 6 passives and 4 actives.