August 16, 2017, 12:16:12 pm

Author Topic: Game Design/Balancing Thread  (Read 16573 times)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1895
Re: Game Design/Balancing Thread
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2016, 03:39:47 am »
AND SPEAKING OF INSPIRATION, had another amazing brilliant totally fantastic idea. I was sorta joking about the Recycling game in the PW birthday thread, but what if we had a vote on the best/most interesting roles in JTM/SRK Mafia history and put them all into one game?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +612
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2016, 05:57:05 am »
That'd be pretty cool I guess.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
かえるおねがい!

c:

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +10
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2016, 09:26:53 am »
Those ideas for the Psychic could work, but that last part gave me an idea. What if the psychic could target a person each Night and was put into a PM with them when they eventually die? No guaranteed UC conversation, but there's a possibility to talk to strong players that are killed early. Would mean that the targeted people wouldn't be allowed in the Losers' Lounge tho.

That kinda defeats the purpose of the lovers, but it wouldn't make a difference anyway, since the write-up reveals roles on death, then the other lover just has to activate it. If you want to keep the Lover sacrifice theme in, you could make it something like "If a Lover sacrifices themselves, the other Lover's lynch votes count for 3 votes. The other Lover's identity remains hidden and additional votes do not show up in the vote tally".

As for a 'putting together' idea, what about something like sacrificing a member to double the power on another member? Could be useful in certain situations. So for example, if they sacrifice their Enforcer, another Mafia member can Enforce twice a Night from that point on. If you wanted to add even more rules to the sacrifice, you could make it so that only one Mafia member (the monster) can receive the sacrificed ability.

Well with the '3 role' ability in play, there's little reason for someone to reveal their roleless character's name. I can see that working if you added some sort of Mafia investigative role that gave the name of the character of a Player, but it'd have to have limited stocks.

Don't have to use any of these ideas, just trying to give some inspiration.

1-I like that. I like it a lot.

2-Expanding on the lovers' idea what if upon death in that particular game the player who died and their alignment, but not their character's name or role were revealed? For example

Missing Person was lynched. Missing Person was Mafia!

3-That's a good idea too.
You'd think it'd work then?

4-Having some type of mafia investigation role with a Synonym-like player on their team would allow them to wreck this civs' shit. I don't know if I'm for or against that.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2016, 05:13:54 pm »
1-Cool cool. Now you have to decide some specifics. How long does the Psychic have contact with the spirit for (One phase? The whole game? Somewhere in between?)? Will dead players talk to the Psychic individually with PMs or as a group in a hidden thread?

2-You can run a game like that. That impacts the game way more for everyone, rather than just for the lovers though.

3-It could definitely work. Would give Mafia a decent mix-up of deciding whether to sacrifice someone who they feel may be in trouble or if they take the risk of keeping them around in hopes that they can be saved.

4-In that case, rather than have it as a "guess 3 roles correctly to nullify them", what about a "guess 1 role to nullify it" with limited stocks?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:17:14 pm by ✰Alpha✰ »
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2016, 08:05:16 pm »
1-Cool cool. Now you have to decide some specifics. How long does the Psychic have contact with the spirit for (One phase? The whole game? Somewhere in between?)? Will dead players talk to the Psychic individually with PMs or as a group in a hidden thread?

2-You can run a game like that. That impacts the game way more for everyone, rather than just for the lovers though.

3-It could definitely work. Would give Mafia a decent mix-up of deciding whether to sacrifice someone who they feel may be in trouble or if they take the risk of keeping them around in hopes that they can be saved.

4-In that case, rather than have it as a "guess 3 roles correctly to nullify them", what about a "guess 1 role to nullify it" with limited stocks?

1-I'm thinking that the psychic can give me a list of 3 living players total. When one of them dies she's get to talk to them for one phase. She'll also be able to post their last gasp.

2-I'm tempted to try that just to see what happens.

3-The idea could still use some tweeking but I like how it's shaping up.

4-Should the player lose their ability permanently or should it just be temporary? Should the mafia know if they guessed successfully?

Man this is fun. I wish I had done it sooner.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +781
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2016, 08:21:52 pm »
Just recycle all of the roles from the choose your own adventure game. Also, about a week until I'm back and able to run another mspaint whispers game.

Fuck Blizzard.

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2016, 08:50:07 pm »
1-I'm thinking that the psychic can give me a list of 3 living players total. When one of them dies she's get to talk to them for one phase. She'll also be able to post their last gasp.

2-I'm tempted to try that just to see what happens.

3-The idea could still use some tweeking but I like how it's shaping up.

4-Should the player lose their ability permanently or should it just be temporary? Should the mafia know if they guessed successfully?

Man this is fun. I wish I had done it sooner.

4-You could do either. Be aware that if it's too temporary, then it essentially becomes a harder to use Enforcer. If they know if they guessed correctly, they'll usually kill the role next phase. My recommendation would be to make it so that the player loses their ability until the Mafia with the guessing role dies, then the Mafia role might not even need limited stocks.

Yeah, I love designing games, I just don't have the time to run them. Ideally, I'd flesh out the game, then hand it over to someone to GM and write up. Depending on how you like to brainstorm, there's two main ways I've found that really help with making a good game.
-Start with a theme you're really interested in, think about the characters in that theme and what power fits them well.
-Start with one to several cool as shit roles and balance the game around them.
Just be aware while running your first game, something will go wrong; it's unavoidable. Just do your best to keep the game on track while you try to fix all the shit.

Just recycle all of the roles from the choose your own adventure game.

We can recycle killing off the best role in the game too.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2016, 09:04:42 am »
4-You could do either. Be aware that if it's too temporary, then it essentially becomes a harder to use Enforcer. If they know if they guessed correctly, they'll usually kill the role next phase. My recommendation would be to make it so that the player loses their ability until the Mafia with the guessing role dies, then the Mafia role might not even need limited stocks.

Yeah, I love designing games, I just don't have the time to run them. Ideally, I'd flesh out the game, then hand it over to someone to GM and write up. Depending on how you like to brainstorm, there's two main ways I've found that really help with making a good game.
-Start with a theme you're really interested in, think about the characters in that theme and what power fits them well.
-Start with one to several cool as shit roles and balance the game around them.
Just be aware while running your first game, something will go wrong; it's unavoidable. Just do your best to keep the game on track while you try to fix all the shit.

4-What if the enforcer could lock-down 3 different people but they wouldn't know if they had roles or not? Would it work better as a regular ability or a buff after a sacrifice?

The balancing issue will be hard but I think the hardest thing for me would be coming up with interesting write-ups. I'd love to take a crack at it though. 

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2016, 11:56:45 am »
4-What if the enforcer could lock-down 3 different people but they wouldn't know if they had roles or not? Would it work better as a regular ability or a buff after a sacrifice?

The balancing issue will be hard but I think the hardest thing for me would be coming up with interesting write-ups. I'd love to take a crack at it though. 

Not sure what you mean here. Like an Enforcer with 3 stocks, but the players are permanently enforced? That could work.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2016, 12:39:16 pm »
Not sure what you mean here. Like an Enforcer with 3 stocks, but the players are permanently enforced? That could work.

Yeah he could enforce 3 people and as long as he lived they wouldn't be able to use their roles. He just wouldn't know if he hit a civilian or not.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2016, 01:35:39 pm »
Yeah he could enforce 3 people and as long as he lived they wouldn't be able to use their roles. He just wouldn't know if he hit a civilian or not.

Ok. When do they decide the 3 people? Start of the game? One per Night? Any time they want?

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2016, 02:14:08 pm »
Ok. When do they decide the 3 people? Start of the game? One per Night? Any time they want?

Hmmm, let me think about that.

*20 minutes later*

After the first day phase they can submit one name each night until all 3 slots are full. They can change the list anytime they want. 

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2016, 08:23:09 pm »
Hmmm, let me think about that.

*20 minutes later*

After the first day phase they can submit one name each night until all 3 slots are full. They can change the list anytime they want. 

If they can change the list any time they want, then they're essentially an Enforcer that can enforce up to 3 people instead of 1. You can do it if you want, you just have to be aware that that's really strong.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2016, 10:15:46 pm »
If they can change the list any time they want, then they're essentially an Enforcer that can enforce up to 3 people instead of 1. You can do it if you want, you just have to be aware that that's really strong.

Yeah that idea could definitely benefit from some fine tuning.

Here's another idea I had: what if certain civilian and mafia role players could "spend meter" to buff their ability but with a drawback? An enforcer could enforce 3 people for one night but he wouldn't be able to use his ability for a phase or 2. A nurse could choose to protect 2 players but she wouldn't be able to protect herself the next night. Buffs could only be used 1 or 2 times. 

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2016, 10:30:11 pm »
Yeah that's an idea. Think you've got some idea on how to balance roles now, next step is putting it into action. Gotta put the roles into a proper game format, try to make sure both teams are balanced and give them names to fit their roles and theme.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2016, 01:09:40 pm »
Yeah that's an idea. Think you've got some idea on how to balance roles now, next step is putting it into action. Gotta put the roles into a proper game format, try to make sure both teams are balanced and give them names to fit their roles and theme.

In keeping with the horror theme what if there was a mafia...or maybe 3rd party member who worked like the arsonist? Only instead of dosing people in gas she "cursed" them through sexual intercourse and they would die unless cured by the nurse.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2016, 01:29:03 pm »
You mean a Succubus or Lindsay Lohan? No problem with the role, since as you said, it's literally just an Arsonist. Should make for some... interesting write-ups though.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2016, 07:20:09 pm »
You mean a Succubus or Lindsay Lohan? No problem with the role, since as you said, it's literally just an Arsonist. Should make for some... interesting write-ups though.

Here's what I'm thinking. She'll be third party who has to sacrifice 3 people (civ. or mafia) in order to not die by the end of night 5. Her goal is to survive to the end of the game. She'll be the "slut" of my horror movie.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2016, 09:21:58 pm »
Here's what I'm thinking. She'll be third party who has to sacrifice 3 people (civ. or mafia) in order to not die by the end of night 5. Her goal is to survive to the end of the game. She'll be the "slut" of my horror movie.

Let's see, "Douse" 4 Players on the first 4 Nights, Medic can save one, "Ignite" kills 3 people on Night 5. However, all everyone has to do to kill the Arsonist with that condition is lynch one of the 4 Doused targets on Day 5. Surviving to the end of the game is hard enough, but that first condition sounds very unlikely to fulfil.

If she's just a Serial Killer though, that's relatively easy to fulfil. The only way I can really see the SK not fulfilling that condition is if they're AFK (in which case they're likely to DQ anyway, but it's a nice anti-AFK strategy nonetheless). In that case, is the end of the game when one of the main teams win or when she's killed everyone?

How about instead of just "3 people by Night 5" and "live until the end of the game", it's something like "You must kill 1 Mafia member and 1 Roled Civ to win"?

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2016, 12:46:35 pm »
Let's see, "Douse" 4 Players on the first 4 Nights, Medic can save one, "Ignite" kills 3 people on Night 5. However, all everyone has to do to kill the Arsonist with that condition is lynch one of the 4 Doused targets on Day 5. Surviving to the end of the game is hard enough, but that first condition sounds very unlikely to fulfil.

If she's just a Serial Killer though, that's relatively easy to fulfil. The only way I can really see the SK not fulfilling that condition is if they're AFK (in which case they're likely to DQ anyway, but it's a nice anti-AFK strategy nonetheless). In that case, is the end of the game when one of the main teams win or when she's killed everyone?

How about instead of just "3 people by Night 5" and "live until the end of the game", it's something like "You must kill 1 Mafia member and 1 Roled Civ to win"?

Okay what if it worked like this:

She could sleep with someone during the day or night (but not both). So if she chose a player during the day she couldn't infect anyone the following night (gotta let the vag recuperate). By the end of day 5 it would be revealed that 4 people were marked and the nurse could only save one of them. Or maybe there would be a healer who would have to decide who lived. I do like that "kill one mafia and a civ with an ability idea though.

I do like the kill one rolled civilian and mafia idea.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2016, 01:31:29 pm »
What difference does it make whether they use it during the Day or Night phase? There's still the same problem of being able to lynch one of the four and save another to negate the 'kill 3' condition.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2016, 03:34:34 pm »
What difference does it make whether they use it during the Day or Night phase? There's still the same problem of being able to lynch one of the four and save another to negate the 'kill 3' condition.

Well in the off-chance that one of her victims was lynched or night killed before the end of night 5 then I could see how that would suckt (anyone who was afflicted wouldn't know until after the day 5 write up). I liked the "save one of the four" idea for the chaos it could have caused. I liked your idea too though I'd probably change the win condition to surviving 'til the end of the game.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2016, 04:11:57 pm »
Ahhhh, that's where I was getting confused. Doused targets are usually told that they have been doused, so they could just claim. Then again, maybe they wouldn't claim to avoid getting lynched to stop the Arsonist.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2016, 06:16:53 pm »
When is the next mafia game anyway?

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2016, 06:28:34 pm »
Don't think anyone's got one lined up as of yet. Syn will be running an MSPaint Whispers game when he gets back and I've got my VLR game still "coming soon", but nobody's announced any plans to run a Mafia game. If you wanna flesh your game out, we can run that next if you want.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2016, 06:25:37 pm »
Don't think anyone's got one lined up as of yet. Syn will be running an MSPaint Whispers game when he gets back and I've got my VLR game still "coming soon", but nobody's announced any plans to run a Mafia game. If you wanna flesh your game out, we can run that next if you want.

I'd like to but my main concern would be updating things during the day since this site is blocked at work. Maybe I could come up with a workaround or something.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2016, 06:57:07 pm »
Well most of the work is usually done at the end of the Night phase, so if you time the end of the Night phase to when you're at home, then all you need to do at the end of the Day phase is post the role of the player that got lynched, so you should be able to do that from your phone.

I Lurker

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2016, 07:37:51 am »
Well most of the work is usually done at the end of the Night phase, so if you time the end of the Night phase to when you're at home, then all you need to do at the end of the Day phase is post the role of the player that got lynched, so you should be able to do that from your phone.

I dunno man. I think I could[i/] make things work but I'd probably need a co-runner to keep things on-schedule. The idea of running a mafia game does seem both fun and stressful.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2016, 01:32:45 pm »
The main problem with a co-runner is that you're already going to struggle filling a game here, and that just takes away another number. It's fine if you find someone that's not interested in playing (maybe someone retired) that would still help run a game.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +612
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2016, 02:48:29 pm »
Also you share blame if your game bombs because of your partner.

>.>
<.<
>.>
かえるおねがい!

c:

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2016, 06:33:35 pm »
You really master sealed your fate on that one.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2017, 05:01:25 pm »
@Pimp Willy, can we get a 'One Night Ultimate Werewolf' sub-category added to the Mafia Games category? I'm going to start running these weekly in conjunction with our big Mafia games.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1397
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2017, 10:57:12 pm »
The OP was updated.

B)
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2017, 01:30:44 am »
The OP was updated.

B)

What was added?

Also thanks for bumping this topic. @Pimp Willy, do the fuckin thing I said two posts up.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2017, 08:47:51 am »
I'm gonna repair my old laptop and see if I can get the Dangan Ronpa info off it.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1501
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2017, 11:23:20 am »
What was added?

Also thanks for bumping this topic. @Pimp Willy, do the fuckin thing I said two posts up.

Im lazy, and it requires logging in as admin which could compromise the game. I'll do it sometime. Maybe
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2017, 12:48:30 pm »
What was added?

Oops, that was my fault. That post was meant to go into the ELO Ranking Thread.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2017, 06:09:02 am »
Brainstorming sesh

Mean Girls
Mafia: Regina, Gretchen and Karen
Civs: Janis, Damian
Cady: Alternates between Civ and Mafia (must figure out a way to balance this so she can win, but also can't straight up rat out Mafia)
   Idea 1: Is Civ aligned until recruited by Mafia (via Enforce?), can be unrecruited somehow?
Random Civ gets the Burn Book every Night (function TBA)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2017, 09:07:59 am »
"Pimp Willy Made out with a hot dog?"

"Oh my god that was one time!"
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2017, 07:00:16 pm »
Brainstorming sesh

Mean Girls
Mafia: Regina, Gretchen and Karen
Civs: Janis, Damian
Cady: Alternates between Civ and Mafia (must figure out a way to balance this so she can win, but also can't straight up rat out Mafia)
   Idea 1: Is Civ aligned until recruited by Mafia (via Enforce?), can be unrecruited somehow?
Random Civ gets the Burn Book every Night (function TBA)

Cady is Civ until forged by mafia. Remains mafia until contacted by lovers (Janis and Damian)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2017, 07:02:08 pm »
Basically can have the mafia continue to forge her while the lovers continue to contact her.

Loses if mafia wins regardless, wins if civs win, but can't outwardly role claim.

Possibility that if she is contact by lovers that she joins lovers chat and can divulge anything?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2017, 07:02:52 pm »
Also, Janis and Damian can't claim for her either.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2017, 07:27:53 pm »
I don't like rules that say you're not allowed to do something (like claim). Also want Cady to be able to win with either team, but not make it her choice. I think I'll make it so that Janice can convert Cady back (UC?), but roles aren't revealed on death. That works with UC, then Cady will turn up as Mafia in the investigation results and she isn't told she was investigated/team swapped. Oh god the mind games on this game are already disgusting. I'll fight anyone that says I don't make the most interesting roles.

Reiraku

• Mafia Endgame
  • Rye Toast
  • Bagel
  • Rated: +44
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2017, 08:19:46 pm »
I had an idea for a game for about 15 people. 12 civs, 3 mafia based on Aliens.

Civ roles:
Bishop: Checks to see if a player is alien or human once per night.
Ripley: Can kill one player once per night up to three nights. Only active after Doc dies.
Doc: Can protect one player from dying per night.
Marine: Just some useless marine.

Alien roles:
Alien Queen: checks out as human to any Bishop checks.
Gorilla Alien: Can prevent one civ action per night.
Unstable Alien: When lynched, they explode and take one person of their choosing with them.

Bonus role:
Alien incubator: One civ serves as an alien incubator. If lynched by civs, he will turn into a berserker, giving the aliens one extra kill per night. If killed by Aliens, he just dies. The incubator wins if civs win while unturned and with the aliens when turned. The incubator is not aware of his role until he is turned/dies.

I wanted the alien roles to be at a disadvantage at first, but could quickly change with the wrong town lynch.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2017, 08:53:57 pm »
That's similar to what we used in Zombie Apocalypse, but is a fun format. I like the Incubator idea a lot.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2017, 09:32:41 pm »
I was thinking it was similar to Attack on Titan. Still mad that people lynched Pimp.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2017, 09:47:12 pm »
Yeah in our zombie game, it was the carpenter, and when he died he could no longer repair the building, letting zombies kill twice at night. I really liked that format.

I dont even remember my Attack on Titan role, was I the one who could call for expeditions or something lol

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2017, 09:54:15 pm »
Wow that was SRK Mafia 6? Over 4 years ago now? Was that the start of the revival?

@Reiraku check out the roles if you wanna see how it was set up and played out

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174182/srk-mafia-vi-zombie-apocalypse-game-over-directed-by-m-night-shyamalan/p1

Bonus points for Black Jesus being the Carpenter
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2017, 11:07:53 pm »
Yeah in our zombie game, it was the carpenter, and when he died he could no longer repair the building, letting zombies kill twice at night. I really liked that format.

I dont even remember my Attack on Titan role, was I the one who could call for expeditions or something lol

Yeah, it was the Carpenter role in AoT too. You played like garbage and got lynched because of it , despite my best efforts to save you. Fuzz was the publicly announced Day 1 immortal role, so I blame him for the loss.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2017, 07:47:56 am »
I suffered several minor injuries from falling out my chair laughing that game.