October 24, 2017, 04:02:57 am

Author Topic: Blockbuster Video (JTM 4 Loser's Lounge)  (Read 33582 times)

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +8
Re: Blockbuster Video (JTM 4 Loser's Lounge)
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2015, 08:28:28 am »
So you've been through this twice??  God have mercy on your soul.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1400
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2015, 08:30:41 am »
So you've been through this twice??  God have mercy on your soul.

That one was where Rule #9 stemmed from.

You can imagine why I've said this may be my last GM stint.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2015, 08:38:57 am »
Yes I can certainly understand that which is too bad.  You seem to be the one most able to deal with the shenanigans - no question that they could get disqualified if anything else comes up.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2015, 08:42:02 am »
And they will, simply put.

Я Рон Бургундии?

"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1511
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2015, 09:33:57 am »
A lot of old players came "out of retirement" for this game and apparently its caused some tension lol
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2015, 09:56:19 am »
A lot of old players came "out of retirement" for this game and apparently its caused some tension lol

Old players?

Really? Like who? There's maybe only 2 that I see.

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
  • Rated: +23
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2015, 09:59:38 am »
I'm pretty old myself. But in the game I'm relatively prepubescent.
Beam me up.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2015, 10:31:13 am »
I'm pretty old myself. But in the game I'm relatively prepubescent.

I'm sure he meant SRK/Tekken Zaibatsu mafia veterans.

@Missing Person please explain the horse rape joke? Unless I posted years ago about that on TZ I have no clue what Icege was referring to.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2015, 04:39:07 pm »
He said it was a game you guys had played on TZ where the writeup had you killed by a herd of horses?

Я Рон Бургундии?

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2015, 05:16:08 pm »
So, can you come to the Losers Lounge if you are DQ'd?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2015, 05:26:32 pm »
He can but he's bitching at me now in PM claiming I saw him ask permission to say these things on Facebook and I haven't been on Facebook in 14 hours.

I should know, because I consciously have to go to Facebook because I first have to turn on VPN to do it.

Я Рон Бургундии?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2015, 05:33:02 pm »
The first game I ran went so smoothly. I enjoyed it.

Second game, someone claimed I coached the civs when mafia lost.

Third game, Icege claimed I allowed Synonym to cheat then told Saitsu to kill himself.

Now this game.

Yeah, I think I'm done.

Only one person has given the courtesy of thanking me for running this and that was Sig.

Я Рон Бургундии?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2015, 05:36:50 pm »
If you run games to get the praises of other people, then it's probably best you dont run anymore games
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2015, 05:43:24 pm »
I don't really run it for adulation, mind you, but when I'm getting a bunch of entitled bitching for a game I run for mine and their leisure, it really sucks the motovation out of me.

Я Рон Бургундии?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »
Sorry if I made that post sound like I wanted people to worship or adore me for running games, because I don't.

Just when the negative far outweighs the positive and they keep sticking me in catch 22s, it feels like work instead of fun.

Я Рон Бургундии?

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2015, 07:27:36 pm »
I don't think you are asking people to worship you or adore you for running games.  A thank you for the game host is just part of what you do, especially those who have run games and realize how much work is involved.  At TS a lot of us have run games so there is always a healthy thanks to the host.  We had one person we had to ban because instead of thanking the host he sent indecent pictures involving jesus saying fuck you to the host and all the mods and the administrators.  This was after he had ruined the game.  Luckily we have never had anyone tell another to kill themselves.  But I thank you for running this game even though I didn't last very long. 

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2015, 09:56:02 pm »
I'd probably still run South Park if I get nominated to on TS. I'm debating whether I want to keep my Christmas game on the queue here though.

And LOL Icege of all people offered to take over this game for me.

Seriously? Me, Syn, and DG had to pick up the pieces of his FGC game, and he's been the center of attrition this entire game, there are two people in the game still that he has personal issues with when he has proven he can't keep those issues out of the game, and I could trust him to run this game?

So not only has my judgment been insulted all week, but now my intelligence as well. Noice.

Я Рон Бургундии?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:02:43 pm by Missing Person »

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2015, 11:26:06 pm »
Keep in mind that just because people haven't thanked you doesn't mean they don't appreciate it. Most of the players, I'm assuming, are grateful for the game but are distracted by the game and aren't thinking to thank you. They're preoccupied, rather, that's a better phrase.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2015, 11:38:39 pm »
Oh I'm aware. My main issue was with the complaints and the negative behavior that was ruining the game and the subsequent backlash to my decisions, like they have an entitlement to me or anyone else running games or something.

I could deal with some of it. But the main one has been DQ'd and quite frankly, he won't be in another game I run. If it was an isolated incident sure. But he has done this in what...4 games since you & I started, Fuzz?

Я Рон Бургундии?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2015, 11:48:29 pm »
I mean I put up with RECESSIONTIME accusing me of rigging EOW. I put up with accusations that Syn cheated in PW2. I put up with The Martian signing up then confirming then nevwr posting in SP.

What Icege has done in PW2 post game and this entire game is inexcusable. He put me in a bad situation the whole way through where I'm a son of a bitch no matter which way I take my stance.

If I kick him out I'm playing favorites with TGG. If I kick TGG I get accused of being a SJW.

Now he's trying to argue with me that I ok'd him posting a video saying for people to kill themselves through facebook when I haven't even seen the messages he's claiming I saw. But I'm the son of a bitch still because I let Souther stay in for calling him a piece of shit when he's been goading people all game.

And then I see Alpha say he'd let that shit fly if he was GM, like he's insinuating I'm still a son of a bitch. (I don't necessarily think that was what he was insinuating, but when I hopped on this morning, on top of this being like the 6th morning I've awoken to more bullshit from this game, and I see that on top of everything else, it only served to make me angrier.)

So seriously, fuck Icege. I'll take the fall for inviting him but fuck him in his ear for putting me in this situation when he knew damn well I was sticking my neck out there by vouching for him. He wants to call Saitsu an embarrassment to his parents and that's ground for killing himself? Icege embarrasses humanity every time he puts his fingers to a keyboard in a mafia game.

He asked me to keep it a secret but IDGAF, but he told me his fiancÚ is pregnant.

Think about that, and weep folks.

Я Рон Бургундии?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:08:28 am by Missing Person »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2015, 12:26:01 am »
I don't know the number, my memory with games and players is pretty bad, but I don't remember having a negative connotation with his name until PW2, and the subsequent PM hullabaloo that I vented to you about at the time. The AFK GM thing was pretty bad, but it wasn't negative, if that makes sense.

To be fair, I think Alpha was mostly saying he's annoyed that people getting mad on the internet is an issue at all, that's the stance he's taken irregardless of the GM. I highly doubt he's trying to intentionally make you look bad, even if that's the outcome, I didn't read it that way. Part of what he values most on the site is being able to call me a faggot, and further down this path of not hurting feelings he loses the ability to use his favorite words in any context.

If there was an obvious bad call then I could argue Devil's Advocate and say complaints should be expected, but your assessment is accurate. You're playing the parent in the "Both kids did something bad but 'he started it' so it was okay for me to do it" scenario. Both parties feel wronged and are complaining about the outcome, going off what you said, and technically both parties are wronged because there's no perfect solution. It's either do something that explicitly favors one side, do nothing, or punish both.

On a brighter note this is proof that Cobalt has been assimilated:
I'd be willing to bet the head of my dick

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2015, 12:29:52 am »
One thing about that Icege post that I don't understand is what TGG even did to get put in with Saitsu and Souther in the "justifying rape" group. Souther directly confronted Icege about it, and I think Saitsu said that Icege was wrong on that or something similar, but I don't recall TGG even addressing Icege about a rape comment or using the word at all.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2015, 12:30:56 am »
Oh, and Alpha's Jizz-In-My-Pants Day 1 Lynch of me was even more tainted now because he got me out of a game with Icege that turned out to be hell on rye. So that's a plus.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2015, 12:39:03 am »
Well, he went on a bitch fit to PW when PW was subbing for Beta as GM in UMVC3 because he got DQ'd because he literally missed the entire first two days, I distinctly remember that because that was the reasoning PW used as his "Salty Vote" yomi in PW1 for voting Icege.

I had no problems with him in the South Park game, and he was fine in the All-Stars game, but since then, it's like his entire MO has been griefing everyone.

And for me, the FGC game is another negative in the Icege stampbook because if it wasn't for Syn & DG knowing the roles already, and me, Alpha, and PW being willing to step in and do the write-ups while the former two handled the logistics end of it, that game was a lost cause on Day 2.  But I gave him the benefit of the doubt then, because the only other black mark was the bitch fit in UMVC3 and I was sure that was an isolated incident.  Hoo boy.

Then PW2.  Now this.

And yeah, I'm with you on Alpha, but at the same time, when you're coming off the 6th consecutive day of waking up to seeing "OMG ICEGE IS PULLING BULLSHIT AGAIN," and then I see that in the thread, yeah, it upset me. I'm past that now.

But I'm infuriated at Icege, that's for sure.  And if you think I'm just blowing off in here because he can't see this?  Nah, I'm going to say it straight to him next time I log on Facebook and I actually see those fucking messages.

I mean, not only does he tell Saitsu to kill himself, again? He tells him to do it on the EXACT SAME PAGE as Saitsu saying he struggles with depression and has had suicidal ideations in the past.  If I had been on VPN (which I would've then seen his Facebook messages and told him no), and saw that post, he would've been done then and there.  Whatever jabs said at that point would've never happened.

So yeah, fuck him.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2015, 01:16:58 am »
I didn't know about the UMVC3 thing. Intriguing.

And I meant "not negative" as "not directed at someone". Yes it was bad that he didn't properly run the game but it wasn't an intentional action meant to cause distress, just neglect. Words have escape me tonight.

Do you know if the Hearthstone tourney is this Friday?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2015, 01:17:35 am »
I didn't know about the UMVC3 thing. Intriguing.

And I meant "not negative" as "not directed at someone". Yes it was bad that he didn't properly run the game but it wasn't an intentional action meant to cause distress, just neglect. Words have escape me tonight.

Do you know if the Hearthstone tourney is this Friday?

I think so, I haven't even built a deck.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2015, 01:20:20 am »
So there is a chance of victory!

On-topic: Wilgy's doing a decent job with damage control but he never offered an adequate explanation to the inconsistency I found. Hopefully it doesn't turn into LimeGreenWilgy all over again.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2015, 05:01:56 am »
Ugh, this issue is like herpes.

Я Рон Бургундии?

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2015, 07:47:36 am »
He said it was a game you guys had played on TZ where the writeup had you killed by a herd of horses?

Я Рон Бургундии?

That's funny because I never played a mafia game on TZ before..........Maybe he's got me confused with someone else.

On another note MP, sadly I think the whole trash talking and even slight personal attacks have to come to an end here. This isn't SRK where when you sign up, you know what's coming. SRK has an established reputation for it, but this is different where it would seem mostly everyone who is signing up to play here isn't from SRK and isn't used to this sort of behavior.

I look at the newer players and their playstyle is like night and day compared to us, and not only that, I've not seen not one personal attack launched anywhere. I didn't know about all these incidents that occurred with Icege, GamerGuy and Saitsu before, but from Day 1 in this game the game itself was clouded on past actions and butthurt feelings. How can anyone who has no knowledge of this take the time to enjoy the game?

My two cents is, it has to stop. Others can say what they want, but I think stooping to the level we've seen this game is uncalled for. I'd even say some people toe that line a little too close for comfort - and that includes some of the "favorites" here on this board.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2015, 07:56:28 am »
Totally with you there kaz.

Really, I've been weighing that since pietastic upset HAX so much that he quit playing.  It took the incident with Icege and Saitsu to really push the issue.

It's why I have started to clean up the way I play my game as well.  I used to go in wanting to textually murder someone (albeit not like this), but what the fuck is the point in that?

Of course, the devil's advocate is where does that stop?  Is nigga gonna be outlawed here?  That's going to be a really sad day when that happens here, and I hope to not see that, as most people haven't really reacted that badly to its usage.

But I definitely see the personal attacks coming to a screeching halt.  I don't even really think we had that in that magnitude on SRK until after say...SRK 10ish?  Maybe later.  But then I don't know about anything before I started in the zombie game, but I know I didn't see any of this magnitude from then on.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2015, 08:00:17 am »
And in that case (re: writeup), guess you got raped for Alpha's satisfaction then. :coffee:

And because of that GDLK Yomi you pulled on me last game.  SMGDH.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:01:09 am by Missing Person »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2015, 08:04:16 am »
But I may have to disagree as far as the trash talk?  There's trash talk everywhere.  I can't buy that people can't pick up on trash talk and banter between players.  There was a marked line between say, Hecatom calling Alpha Alphaget, and Icege telling someone to kill themselves or TGG calling someone a fucktard.

What's shitty is it's going to come down to context and context leaves things open to angle shooting.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2015, 08:07:10 am »
Totally with you there kaz.

Really, I've been weighing that since pietastic upset HAX so much that he quit playing.  It took the incident with Icege and Saitsu to really push the issue.

It's why I have started to clean up the way I play my game as well.  I used to go in wanting to textually murder someone (albeit not like this), but what the fuck is the point in that?

Of course, the devil's advocate is where does that stop?  Is nigga gonna be outlawed here?  That's going to be a really sad day when that happens here, and I hope to not see that, as most people haven't really reacted that badly to its usage.

But I definitely see the personal attacks coming to a screeching halt.  I don't even really think we had that in that magnitude on SRK until after say...SRK 10ish?  Maybe later.  But then I don't know about anything before I started in the zombie game, but I know I didn't see any of this magnitude from then on.

I wasn't going to go there, but you touched on something I was thinking about when it comes to trash talk/personal attacks.

Censorship is another thing we could really have a serious debate on. Cursing is probably fair game. Racial terms totally different ballgame. We're probably going to have to carry this conversation outside of the loser's lounge because it could totally shift the point of this thread. Personally, the N word hits a little too close to home for me. Others might disagree, but I never quite looked at the word as just a word -- most people who use the term should really know the meaning behind it before throwing it around. Honestly, I don't think anyone here on the site should toss is around in the terms used, while fully understanding the word's true origin. While I've myself used the word in the past, it's something I've made a point to avoid.

In any case, people have to realize, there's a point when jokes are no longer jokes. There's a few I wouldn't touch. Telling someone to kill themselves? Telling people they're a disappointment to their families? Rape jokes (in the literal sense)? You get where I'm going. People have to really know what socially is considered politically correct. That's where I draw the line. No matter how much I like to joke about us being a bunch of nerds etc, there's a line I won't cross.
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2015, 08:09:11 am »
But I may have to disagree as far as the trash talk?  There's trash talk everywhere.  I can't buy that people can't pick up on trash talk and banter between players.  There was a marked line between say, Hecatom calling Alpha Alphaget, and Icege telling someone to kill themselves or TGG calling someone a fucktard.

What's shitty is it's going to come down to context and context leaves things open to angle shooting.

Agree. See my post about political correctness.

I can tell when a joke is a joke. I didn't see anything between Icege, Saitsu, GamerGuy this go round as a joke.

It went too far, no matter how serious the comments were that were said.

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2015, 08:16:32 am »
I think I saw you say you are hosting a game on TS MP?  I'm so glad.  You'll be happy to note that there is a mod assigned to each game to help the host handle any kind of issue where people are acting out in the thread whether it's against someone else or just acting out because they are an asshole.  We don't have many assholes but do occasionally have one of those bitch slapping moments.  Just to assure you, the host runs the game however he likes, the mod is just to help reduce the pressure of having to wake up to a ton of PMs complaining.

And I have to say I agree with kaz on the racial terms.  I ignore them and wouldn't not play because of them but it does make me uncomfortable, however much of a dweeb that makes me.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2015, 08:22:04 am »
Well, half our playerbase is from Texas, and the other half is overseas, so I guess that partially explains it

kappa
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 4    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2015, 08:34:13 am »
lol Texas!!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2015, 08:39:36 am »
Well TBH, I was in the St. Louis fighting game scene for quite a while, where you had a bunch of black guys, some asians, and some white guys, and pretty much the entire group dropped nigga on anyone and everyone in the group, and no one batted an eye, no one was afraid of getting wrecked for using it.

While I see the conceptual usage of nigga in the sense that it's used as of late, I'm with kaz and seeing the historical usage of the elongated version of the word with a changed vowel and a consonant at the end.  So I really get the fact that it's hard to separate one from the other given the former is a derivative of the much harsher latter.

You got someone like Chief who uses it and no one bats an eye.  I'd say if Fuzz ever used it people would drop whatever bottles they had in their hands.

Now background if you haven't seen me, I'm white, look sort of asian, but I grew up with one parent who for the longest time was racist as fuck who wasn't in the house, and another who did her best to keep me from judging people on skin color.  So while my mom didn't push me to date interracially, she most definitely encouraged me by saying she didn't care what color whoever I brought home was.  At one point, she believed I was most likely to end up dating a black girl.  I had a blind date with one about 6 years ago, but we didn't really hit it off personality wise.

Wild tangent I just went on in here.

But yeah, the n word.  I'm really not sure what to do there.  I almost feel like it depends on the context, because obviously there is that one context that it getting used is going to be offensive, and that it's not like you are contractually obligated to use it to be a member here.

It may ultimately be phased out by everyone except Chief, who will probably use it whenever he feels the itch.  Who knows?

Hopefully some of this could be considered rational thought.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2015, 08:58:39 am »
Thanks for sharing about how you grew up.  You're lucky you had a mother that encouraged you not to see skin color.  I'm so lucky because I grew up in Alabama but my parents were not racist at all.  They were from elsewhere so weren't steeped in that old south racism.  My husbands family on the other hand, also in Alabama, though they are intelligent are terribly racist.  Every time i visit them my heart hurts.  But what are you going to do?  Not see your family? Luckily that racism did not stick with my husband.  Ok, back to the game. 
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2015, 09:06:58 am »
Yup, back to the game lol..........

As I said before this is something we really could derail the point of this thread going forward.

Probably would be worth it anyway with how there's no civ unity right now. I was really hoping you'd have ended the game MP, I want a chance to play the game again without dying night 2.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2015, 10:40:36 am »
So a little birdie just told me all the Mafia.

At this rate we should be expecting a drop in ELO in about 2, 2 & 1/2 weeks, right MP?

That's spot on. In highschool one time my friends wanted me to say "nigga" or something. Not in any special context, just say the word. It was the most awkward verbal experience I've ever had.

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +21
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2015, 11:28:31 am »
Hello everyone, there isn't a problem with me posting in here  right?

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2015, 11:37:50 am »
Well, you're unfortunately dead Sig so welcome to the Losers Lounge with open arms.

RF what do you mean a drop in "ELO"?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2015, 12:47:32 pm »
No problem at all. This is the Loser's Lounge, where everyone who's dead or spectating the game can all talk about backseat-drive the game. It's gotten off-topic this go round, but there's no topic to really even begin with so eh.

ELO is the ranking system we use here. Everyone starts with a set amount of points, let's say 1500. The winning team gains X% of the losing's team's ELO points and the losing team loses Y% of the winning team's ELO points. After a lot of games are put into the system it'll be a good representation of who the better players on the site are. As for my statement, the implication was that the game's going to be over soon and Mafia will win.

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »
Ah thank you RF that's an interesting rating system.  I agree with you about the mafia winning.  At least at this point in the game it looks like it will be a mafia win.   

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2015, 01:13:57 pm »
So does anyone else think JasonC is mafia or is it just my prejudice because he started my bandwagon? 
Are the players usually better then they were in this game some seem really jerky, or is that the average on JTM?

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2015, 01:31:29 pm »
I had a bad feeling about jasonc but I think it was because he said unfriendly things about those of us who came from TS being bad mafia players, lol.  I think there is the potential there even without that bad comment.  I don't know about the jerkiness aspect since I'm from a different site.

kas and others have talked about the purpose of this thread and I'm curious - what is the purpose?  I don't want to contribute to being off topic but I'm not sure what the topic is.  Is it like the spectator chat for the Championship games?

Sig

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2015, 01:33:42 pm »
From other games I've spectated in we will switch from discussing the game to random off thread discussions.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2015, 01:36:50 pm »
Yeah, this is the same as the spectators chat from goc. We've been doing spectator threads for a few years it gives people a place to vent and talk about the game Instead of having to wait for weeks

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +145
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2015, 02:48:23 pm »

That's funny because I never played a mafia game on TZ before..........Maybe he's got me confused with someone else.

You weren't there when MP posted the mafia role sheet in the main thread?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)