December 15, 2017, 05:32:42 pm

Author Topic: Blockbuster Video (JTM 4 Loser's Lounge)  (Read 34094 times)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1407
Blockbuster Video (JTM 4 Loser's Lounge)
« on: May 13, 2015, 06:22:17 am »
Welcome, and make sure you pay your late fees.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
Re: Blockbuster Video (JTM 4 Loser's Lounge)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:45:44 am »
So, PW, let's take bets on how many more attempts it takes Chief to get his vote to register correctly.

I vote 3.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1517
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 12:37:25 pm »
lol my guess is tapatalk is messing with the capitalization
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »
I haven't been following the thread much, but holy hell did Alpha just come up with a plan to use Rogue then push a lynch on Rogue day 1?

Good play Alpha
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 08:23:30 pm »
Welcome to Blockbuster, Fuzz.

You owe $5 in late fees on Bio-dome.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 08:46:20 pm »
Cobalt is either Mafia or extremely eager to look clean. He tied the vote because he couldn't decide and then immediately tries to absolve himself of guilt by claiming it was a 50% chance outcome. Also he put the vote into a situation where, his words, one of two players he didn't think were dirty would get lynched. The only advantage to letting RNG decide is to distance yourself from the outcome. "I didn't vote to lynch the Power Role Day 1!" he'll say, and it'll be technically correct.

I'm not that upset though. Voting for Alpha to keep myself alive would've been a long standing distraction. And, on the basis the civs are reading, this phase gave a surprising amount of information for a Day 1. And now I don't have to check the thread once a day and/or deal with people. I still can't get over the fact that Scotty's "reason" for voting me was because I hadn't posted. Dude either gives no fucks about the game, is trolling, or actually has a plan based around appearing as incompetent as possible. A vote you make on someone for not posting needs to be reevaluated once that person starts saying stuff. He better be dirty, or at least 3rd party, or I'm gonna be pissed.

And sorry for posting after the lynch finalized. VoteBot showed a tie and Pimp said that you wouldn't have the writeup for an hour, so I assumed I still had time.

I should've mentioned Icege not citing a reason to vote me, but I'm pretty sure I know what his reason was, and going into that rabbit hole would get the thread really off topic. Hopefully he gets pushed for that reason, since he never made a thread about it those PMs never went public so his only reason would be his word against everyone who doubts him. Ironically if he had mentioned that he was mad at me and that's why he was voting me for no public reason I would've corroborated it and it would've helped. I do regret pointing out that he messed up his vote though, there was no indication he'd bother checking the thread until I pinged him about it.

On that topic, Co-Jones had an invalid vote right? That doesn't count as "didn't vote" for the purpose of DQs?

Everyone saying how shitty this Day 1 was is getting really annoying. "You didn't help either" is not a valid response to criticism about not helping. And honestly "you didn't help" isn't that productive either.

Holding to Wilgy being dirty. He didn't change his vote on me, as he said he would, which in itself means he preferred me dead to Alpha. However, he'd been doing that since before I posted, as he didn't explain my absence and then had a flimsy "misinterpretation" excuse for that.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 08:53:10 pm »
Oh yes Aidebit, please tell me more about how those votes came out of left field. Especially when you pointed them out before I was dead, I particularly liked that part. You know, Icege, Scotty, 90s, when you asked them why they were voting for me. Or when you even appeared to care in the slightest about if those votes were well-reasoned. You've been the paragon of reason this game, keep it up.

Reading that all at once, I'm saltier than I thought I was. Mainly at everyone going "Come on guys, why the hell did we vote for Fuzz" specifically after I died.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 08:57:31 pm »
"You're wrong about me as usual." That's the catchphrase of a good half dozen players around here.

The hell does "drag him" mean? "Drag him through the mud" kinda thing?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 09:44:01 pm »
No, don't worry about the late post Fuzz.

I had literally just finished both write-ups, and pretended I couldn't see the clock for class, and did the coinflip and posted quickly.

So you had no clue that I'd have it up by then.
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 08:16:21 am »
Welcome to Blockbuster, @Scotty.

I have you down for $2.95 in late fees for Happy Gilmore.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
  • Rated: +23
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 08:58:03 am »
I swear I turned in Happy Gilmore on Thursday. I swear!

Anyway, very interesting experience this was. Painfully and regretfully short for my first time. But hey, I guess that's the game.

I'm not sure why they would lynch me now. I thought since I had attracted votes and wasn't a clear civ that it was almost working to the mafia's advantage to keep me there. Or they thought I had a role. *shrug*

Sorry I voted for You Fuzz. I really didn't think I had time to read through things later, so I picked a random placeholder. Terrible strategy. I honestly think Alpha and Souther are roles good guys. And 90'sarcade is most definitely mafia
Beam me up.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 09:05:23 am »
Well, I might be able to waive your fees just this one time.

Я Рон Бургундии?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:08:10 am by Missing Person »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 10:12:53 am »
Also @Scotty @RadicalFuzz

if you want to send me your picks for 9 mafia via PM, I will tell you how many you got right.

Send 9 names and I'll tell you how many are right.

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 10:56:39 am »
That's a hard one since I don't know how aggressive or hide-y anyone plays.

Can I send you my picks in about a month? I might have a better idea. 8)
Beam me up.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 04:44:22 pm »
Don't worry about it too much Scotty. But when more than half of my votes had no public reasoning it's kinda assumed everyone just went "lol lych fuzz". You couldn't have known, but I'm sort of the punching bag of this site, but it's all in good fun. The only annoying part is how, with Alpha and Chief's auto-votes on me Day 1, it's easy for people to not play on Day 1 and just vote me. Also annoying is the fact that most of the new players don't seem to understand, even after being expressly told, that Alpha votes me Day 1 and has literally since our second game. Long Con acknowledges it but is too focused on its in-game implications and how it's bad.

You should have logged in earlier and defend yourself

Okay 90s, I should've defended myself from the precise, clear arguments against me that you brought up, you're right. My bad.

Also of note, Alpha didn't lead that train. He put 2 votes on me, as he auto-votes every game, but he doesn't actively push for my lynch unless he thinks I'm dirty.

That "subtle claim" wasn't intentional. I just wanted to use the term "slime" for killing people, ala 90s Nickelodeon.

90s is pulling a Co-Jones right now. "Oh no, a roleless civilian died at night! If this keeps up we're bound to lose, whatever will we do?"

2. While I haven't been here or a part of any SRK-related mafia games for a year or so, when I was asked to join a previous game i came to find out that a couple of people had been attacking me while I wasn't around to defend myself. One of those people was RadicalFuzz. So fuck him.

3) Seeing as how RF had a personal vendetta with me, I felt that we simply couldn't work together for the benefit of civilians

Attacking him while he wasn't around to defend himself. I had the vendetta with him. And, as everyone could see, I was pushing for nothing but his lynch on Day 1 for no reason, so voting me was for survival. Along with Saitsu, Icege really has to vote him just to stay in the game.

Typing that made me nauseous.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 06:54:07 pm »
Welcome our newest Blockbuster member, @MovingPictures07

May I interest you in a rental of Camp Nowhere?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 02:46:09 am »
Am I seriously going to have to write two write-ups again for the coinflip?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 08:23:45 am »
Welcome to Blockbuster, NinetiesArcade.

$15 in late fees for Can't Hardly Wait?  The fuck is wrong with you?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 05:39:44 pm »
"They threaten my enjoyment and survivability"

Hah.gif

On a related note, if we start having a third of the games auto-vote for someone that'll become a problem.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 06:03:42 pm »
This is getting ridiculous.

I'm about ready to call the game.  I have two people asking for subs when I have no more alts, and I woke up to more complaints than night actions in my PMs.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 06:40:47 pm »
Note: I'm only on page 20 out of 28 ass to mouth, so I'm working on extremely outdated information.

That being said, what I've seen so far is "I don't like how this person did this thing to me" petty disagreements, so maybe it'll get better?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 06:45:58 pm »
Doof just spewed lol

"I suspect Jason, Gamer Dude, etc. Gonna vote from the top: Lynch GamerDude"
"oops lol Lynch Jason"

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 06:55:08 pm »
Something interesting I've been noting some of the players new to the site are saying. "I won that game" instead of "we" or "civilians"

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 07:14:23 pm »
Note: I'm only on page 20 out of 28 ass to mouth, so I'm working on extremely outdated information.

That being said, what I've seen so far is "I don't like how this person did this thing to me" petty disagreements, so maybe it'll get better?

No, it only got worse.

I'm really tired of putting together games only to watch people make it unbearable for everyone else involved, especially me having to clean up their messes.

I might not run the Christmas game, as I don't want to spend the holidays pulling my hair out trying to clean up messes.  In fact, this may be my last GM stint, period.

TL;DR: This is why we can't have nice things.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 08:03:04 pm »
Well, unless I'm reading too much into it, whatserface just got offended by Chief saying "whatever he...she...it was saying"

Really?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 08:12:04 pm »
Welcome to BlockBuster video, kaz & juliets.

You both still have my only two copies of Billy Madison out.  Planning on bringing them back?

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +8
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2015, 08:28:10 pm »
I lost my copy!  Do I have to pay?  Fuck.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2015, 08:28:28 pm »
I lost my copy!  Do I have to pay?  Fuck.

$8.95 please.

But don't for one second think I believe that shtick!

I see you kids, all the time, coming in and renting movies, then just keeping them, like you can get a movie for a dollar!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:29:18 pm by Missing Person »

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2015, 08:31:09 pm »
Also @kaz, Icege had said you would know why a horse rape writeup would be in order for you.  Said it had something to do with TZ.

Alpha was supposed to write a new one, then never came back on before deadline, so I stole Lando's Debriefing and made it your write-up.

As payback, if Icege dies, you can give me where to go with his write-up.

And if you both want to PM me a list of who you think mafia is, give me 8 names, and I'll confirm how many on your list (not exact names) are mafia.

If you want to take guesses on the 3rd parties too, that's fine.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:32:13 pm by Missing Person »

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 08:32:59 pm »
$8.95!!!!  What a ripoff!  Who can I complain to?  Someone that's used to handling complaints, not some new guy.  I think I'll send a PM to that MP guy who dealt with complaints and kept his game from being ruined.

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 08:44:11 pm »
And now onto bed.  What a day.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2015, 08:47:03 pm »
Also of note:

Mafia put in an enforce on the medic, which would display public except medic willfully didn't protect anybody because they couldn't protect themselves and was expecting the enforce.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2015, 09:24:30 pm »
FFS Icege

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 12:04:40 am »
Woof. This game is really out of my scope. I just realized that TGG and Gamer Dude are different people. I might need to do a smaller one next time to learn these faces.

Or just have hours to myself combing through 10 pages  of 2 imbeciles cockfighting. That sounds like a good way to go!
Beam me up.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 12:08:27 am »
I like you already Scotty.

Yeah, this game is an exception as far as size goes, it'll scale back down after this game, I'm sure.

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 03:12:57 am »
Playing mafia pisses me off on this site.

The entire night phase was nothing more than a bunch of people fighting over absolutely nothing, personal attacks and suicide jokes.

Then I roll civ and die again by night 2 AS ALWAYS.

I never get a chance to play the game unless I actually get a mafia role. As soon as I'm civ, brb dead by night 2 at the latest. WTF?

I didn't even post anything this game?

Scotty

• Scotty
  • Rye Toast
  • Hungry Hippo
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 06:47:49 am »
You and me both, brotha. I had 6 posts total. Even though that's more than I can count on two hands, it's as if I haven't even started the race.
Beam me up.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 09:11:22 am »
Oh shit, Kaz got vigid again? Damn, you're gonna just add to the salt piles after that one

Also, lol Can't Hardly Wait was an awesome movie
Also of note:

Mafia put in an enforce on the medic, which would display public except medic willfully didn't protect anybody because they couldn't protect themselves and was expecting the enforce.

Medic is one of the best players, for real

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2015, 09:25:23 am »
I don't know what's worse, the constant bickering between players of the giant blob of "players" who aren't saying jack.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2015, 09:50:35 am »
I don't know what's worse, the constant bickering between players of the giant blob of "players" who aren't saying jack.

I said on multiple occasions this game had the potential to go that way.

This is the last game I play of this size.

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2015, 01:27:11 pm »
Since I'm here I might as well learn something.  What does "enforcer" mean?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2015, 01:39:27 pm »
enforcer is the mafia role that blocks another role from acting that night

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2015, 01:54:44 pm »
ohhhhh - we call that the blocker - thanks Pimp Willy!

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2015, 09:07:49 pm »
Mafia may be losing their control of the game.

Internal struggles between Godfather and Enforcer.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2015, 03:33:20 am »
@Missing Person

Check your PMs and stop ignoring me

Also the people in this game. Why is everyone crying and complaining? It's really a sad sight to see.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2015, 04:13:31 am »
 Sorry kaz, I've had more to undertake today, not just mafia related stuff.

Я Рон Бургундии?

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2015, 05:19:57 am »
Sorry kaz, I've had more to undertake today, not just mafia related stuff.

Я Рон Бургундии?

No worries. Thanks for the response

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2015, 08:11:30 am »
@Missing Person

Check your PMs and stop ignoring me

Also the people in this game. Why is everyone crying and complaining? It's really a sad sight to see.
I can tell you from the point of view of TS we just don't have this level of personal remarks about people in the thread.  It makes playing less comfortable and knocks the fun out.   That said I don't think I've seen a TS'er complain (unless you count Long Con telling people to take their shit out of the game) though I do see one I suspect has quit.

juliets

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2015, 08:16:16 am »
One question I have is whether the people bickering are from different sites or the same site?  Is the increased complaining, whining, crying, nastiness due to two sites mixing with different norms for each site?  I read a JTM game before signing up here and there was none of this stuff.  I wouldnt have signed up if there had been.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2015, 08:24:36 am »
Same sites.

TGG, Saitsu, RadicalFuzz and Icege had a huge row  in the last game we ran on SRK (which I coincidentally also GM'd) where at the end of the game, Icege told Saitsu to commit suicide.

I had warned them about this shit, and apparently no one got the memo.