June 23, 2017, 03:31:57 pm

Author Topic: JTM Present: Hearthstone League Season 1, PAUPER FORMAT FOR BEGINNERS  (Read 11151 times)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1467
Welcome to the signups for the first hearthstone league season for Jesus Toast Mafia!

To start, since we are welcoming new players to the game, we are running a "Pauper" type format. This means there are restrictions on the cards you can choose for your deck. For this season, we are only allowing Basic, Common, and Rare cards to be as part of your deck; Epics and Legendaries are going to be completely non-allowed. This is because we are going to try to get some new players interested in playing, and so its much easier to get started on a more even playing field.

That being said, we are doing a fairly unique format.

Format
Groups
4 man groups
4 groups
We will be splitting players up, into 4 man groups. Within those groups, 2 players will advance to the single elimination bracket round, and the lowest 2 people will be eliminated. Players within the group are paired randomly in a best 2 out of 3 match. The 2 winners of the first match play each other, and the winner of that match advanced out of the group in first place. The loser of that match waits while the losers of the first match play; the loser of that match is eliminated in 4th place. Then the 2 remaining players play, with the winner advancing out of the group in second place, and the loser eliminated with 3rd place.

(image trying to explain it)

I am aiming to get 16 players to sign up, which would make 4 groups of 4; if we don't hit that number, thats fine, we can do wildcard matches to fill spots as needed.

Switching to standard double elim bracket

Decks
Players will submit 1 deck before their group stage match. The deck will consist of 30 cards, and can only use basic, common, and rare cards. All Epics and Legendaries are banned for this first tournament.

In addition, players are allowed a 6 card sideboard; Before each game, the players may switch out any of the cards between their deck and sideboard. Players will be aware of their opponents class before they are allowed to choose to make changes.

Players can submit a new deck between each round; 1 deck for group stages, 1 deck for round of 8, 1 deck for round of 4, and 1 deck for the finals will use this deck for the entire tournament

Match Times and Streaming
We will dedicate a time and a night for each group to play. Most likely, 1 night a week. I plan to spectate and stream all the matches on the Jesus Toast Mafia twitch channel, hopefully with a co-host. Details to follow later. I want to pick a time that is viable for all players across all time zones, but as we are potentially global, it might be hard.
Tournament will start at 8:00 PM PDT on Friday, May 22nd. It will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/jesustoastmafia

Games will be played on the US server

Prize
Besides pride, I am putting up a $20 battle.net gift card to the winner of the tournament, to expand their card collection

Players Signed up
1) RadicalFuzz (GraveTitan#1244)
2) ForgeDigger (ForgeDigger#1983)
3) JasonC (mistergeJJ#1592)
4) Fruit Punch Samurai G (FruitpunchSG #1572)
5) Missing Person (MissingPersn#1365)
6) DrWilgy (DrWilgy#1509)
7) Skizzz (FYGP#1792)
8 ) Darkstalker (Artelier #6196)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:55:18 am by Pimp Willy »
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +368
Sign me up. I can't wait to not play MP.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:51:23 pm by RadicalFuzz »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs x 1 (List of Rates | -1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Make sure you add your battle tag too when you sign up
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
I'd like to be put in as an alternate in case you don't get 16 needed. I've only had the game for about a month and half so i'd like to spectate some of the matches if the spots get filled up.

FruitpunchSG #1572
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
A lot of the people are new, thats why we're doing the rare only deal and only having people submit 1 deck.

If you want some practice, Im down to play; a lot of the other people here are in the same boat as you :tup:
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +597
Put me in coach
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +721
Sign me up.  mistergeJJ#1592
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Fruit Punch Samurai G

• Genius probably
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Legend of JTM
  • Rated: +147
I wouldn't mind some practice. I'll go through the list of ID's from the other thread and add you and some others in a bit.
Worst Civilian Player, No Write-ups, Worst Overall Player, 0-time MVP, Not an Arena champion, Not a GoC Representative, Complete Egomaniac.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1387
In

MissingPersn#1365

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:43:25 pm by Missing Person »
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +217
Sounds fun. When are our first decks due?

DrWilgy#1509
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:17:42 pm by DrWilgy »
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
Are there rules for disconnecting?  Or will it be at the discretion of the judge? 

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Seems like theres not really enough interest for a 16 man league format; let's stick with a smaller double elimination bracket format, or just 2 4 man groups. We actually are at a low enough player count to just do something like round robin

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
We actually are at a low enough player count to just do something like round robin

A round robin is a horrible idea. Then I'm literally guaranteed to play MP and he gets his rematch. Pimp can you really afford to let that happen?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
I think just a bracket format is the best way to go, yeah

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
I tried to get my little group of friends to play in mafia game, or my arena game but they "don't know how to play."  Then I linked them to this hearthstone thing, and now I realize they are lazy jackasses lol.  And in case they are lurking, yea I said it.  :P

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
In all seriousness a 4-man Round Robin and a 4-man double elimination bracket would both be fine IMO

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
I just wanna play :D
かえるおねがい!

c:

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
MP ever get his runback with Charlie yet?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Its looking like next sunday is gonna be the day we do it. This weekend is my moms bday and mothers day, next weekend Im doing an anniversary date for all day saturday into sunday; sunday afternoon I should be able to host it

Unless we want to run it on a weeknight

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
I can't do that Sunday afternoon, my kid is getting baptized so my house is going to be a zoo.  A weeknight is ok for me.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
I won't be able to play any afternoons stateside.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Yeah working around MPs schedule seems impossible. What times are you available in PDT?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
7AM PDT or 10PM PDT?

That'd be my schedule for Sunday.

Drop me out if my schedule is not going to work at all.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:38:36 pm by Missing Person »

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
I'm gonna be out of town from the 11th to the 17th, the Sunday you're talking about. I don't know what time I'll get back, either.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
It doesn't have to be a Sunday, or that weekend, I was just trying to figure out a time we can actually play. Next Friday the 15th at like 8 pm PDT?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
That may work.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
It'd basically be game night

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Or we push it to the 22nd so fuzz can make it

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
If it'll run smoothly on the 22nd I'd prefer you postpone it, but if the only time in the near future where everyone else can make it is the 17th then go ahead. Also, I'm not sure what time I'm getting back in town, so depending on when that is or how late you guys go I might be ready.

And honestly, replacing me with a bye would be pretty accurate, so not much would change results-wise.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
I can't do the 17th either. Finals.
かえるおねがい!

c:

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
22nd would work for me.  it'd give me an excuse to stay up late

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Okay, good. Lets aim for 8 PM PDT on Friday the 22nd.

Deck format will stay the same; submit 1 deck with 6 sideboard cards to me before then. Best is via images, make a deck and screenshot the decklist, then make a "sideboard" deck with the 6 cards you plan to use.

But text works too if thats all you can do.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
I would like to do 2 4 man groups with the final 4 facing eachother double elim style, honestly, it just makes for more fun lol

but 8 man double elim works fine too

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
Can we allow Majordomo Executus?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
That should be the rule, all decks must include executus

TOO SOON

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
what on earth is this

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
Hearthstone is a free online card game created by Blizzard, the same company that made WoW.
かえるおねがい!

c:

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
"Free"

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
The first taste is always free
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you

Hearthstone is a pay-to-win online card game created by Blizzard, the same company that made WoW.

Better?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 2    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
かえるおねがい!

c:

Cobalt

• Toastyoncé
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • "I want to break his jaw with my asshole."
  • Rated: +337
I've had enough pay to win to last a lifetime after playing Ragnarok for 5 years, no thanks. :skull:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
@RadicalFuzz
@ForgeDigger
@jasonC
@Fruit Punch Samurai G
@Missing Person
@DrWilgy

Are you guys still up for this on friday night? Im trying to make a call if we proceed or if we just don't do the tournament at all; let me know if you guys are still available

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Also tagging @Skizzz in case he wants to join

Skizzz

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +100
Also tagging @Skizzz in case he wants to join
Sure I'd be down

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
Cool. Note the deck restrictions.

You guys have up until the tournament starts to submit me your decklists (I prefer in image format so I can show it on stream)

I have one of my buddies lined up to do Casting with me

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
I'm still up for it.  8 PM PST, right?

How will it work as far as how to be available when it starts, players spectating other matches or no? 

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
It will be streamed, so you can always tune into the stream; we don't want players in the stram while they are playing (ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽_•︻ ┻̿═━一 I'VE GOT THE STREAM IN MY SIGHTS!) to avoid cheating, but I will run it on a delay to mitigate this as much as possible. If you want to spectate from in the client, that should be fine, but it seems like it'd just be easier to view on stream anyway.

I'd like to do a pre match zoom trash talk session between players if possible. So if you have a webcam thats better lol.

Pre match talk with players (1-2 minutes)
Match
Post Game thoughts with casters
Rinse/repeat for all 4 round 1 matches

Depending on time we may skip the pre match talk for the subsequent rounds. I may have the losers bracket play off stream if its going too long as well, and just focus on the winners bracket.

If you have a picture you'd like me to use for your headshot, post it here or pm it to me :tup:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
I still need to make a deck.

But I should still be able to play, if only to get my redemption on Fuzz.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
And where was that one Fuzz capped of me during the podcast?

You can use that one.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
lol its not very big but it should be fine

• Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 4 Post Total)