August 18, 2017, 03:34:00 am

Author Topic: Hearthstone: CCGs with less MTG buttcrack  (Read 53368 times)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
Re: Hearthstone: CCGs with less MTG buttcrack
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2015, 07:21:28 am »
Oh hmm research: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13978208154

Yeah, end of turn effects occur in the order the cards were played, same as everything else simultaneous in this game. This means that the only way Kel'thuzad will revive something buffed with Power Overwhelming is if Power Overwhelming is played right before Kel'thuzad is, on the same turn.

Also, Ragnaros does indeed have weird interactions with Kel'thuzad, depending on who is played first. If Ragnaros is played first, Kel'thuzad will revive any minion Rag kills...including Kel'thuzad himself, making Ragnaros completely useless for anything but face damage as long as Kel'thuzad is in play. On the other hand, if Kel'thuzad is played first, Ragnaros's effect resolves second, meaning that Kel'thuzad can't revive anything that Rag kills with its effect. So in short, they actually soft counter each other.

And this is not getting into throwing Gruul into that mix, which is where it gets really weird. If everything lines up properly, Kel'thuzad, in theory, can actually clone Gruul. I'd love to see someone test this.

Edit: finished reading the whole thread - apparently it was meant so that Kel'Thuzad can't revive minions that die at end of turn hmmmmm that's wack.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:26:55 am by jasonC »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1501
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2015, 07:30:00 am »
They both trigger on end of turn, and KT ressurects anything that died that turn, so its kind of an order of events thing. It Might work if you did Power Overwhelming first, then KT after, but even then I think KT is coded special. It used to be that If they had Rag, and rag killed KT, KT would ressurect himself (because they both trigger at the same time), but that was patched when Black Rock Mountain came out.

edit: Yeah that post is actually out dated, KT won't resurrect himself vs rag anymore
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:30:49 am by Pimp Willy »
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2015, 02:36:31 pm »
Blackrock is fully out; the last wings cards don't dissapoint! Dragon madness

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1397
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2015, 05:41:54 pm »
Wouldn't something buffed with PO that died during the turn resurrect with the buffs stilll intact with KT still in play?

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 06:35:43 pm »
No, because it dies, and loses the buff, then is resurrected without the buff. You dont come back with buffs active when you're ressurected; this includes stuff like "Gains +1/+1 when you hold a dragon". a 2/4 which gets +1/+1 when you have a dragon in hand, and becomes 3/5, comes back to life as a 2/4 with KT

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 10:49:08 pm »
Seriously considering doing a hearthstone tournament soon.

I want to run a pauper tournament (nothing higher than rares, aka no epics), 1 deck per player, 6 card sideboard, best 2/3.

Probably throw in a battle.net gift card as a prize

Anybody here actually interested in playing?

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
  • Rated: +612
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2015, 11:01:46 pm »
Me
かえるおねがい!

c:

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2015, 11:02:24 pm »
IN
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2015, 11:04:01 pm »
Ill make a sign ups thread tomorrow for it, and hit up some people from SRK

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +372
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 11:31:36 pm »
In.

Be sure to rig the brackets so we start on opposite sides, he can't be allowed to have this runback.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty x 1    Toogs x 1 (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2015, 11:35:40 pm »
Retribution will be mine.

Charlie won't be the only one I've made cry in Hearthstone.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2015, 04:06:56 am »
I'd be interested.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2015, 07:10:40 am »
I bet Charlie's better than I am.
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2015, 10:10:14 am »
Retribution will be mine.

Charlie won't be the only one I've made cry in Hearthstone.

Are you trying to turn "I made this child cry in a card game" to your advantage? Because whenever you bring that up you know we have to bring up you went 2-1 against that child you made cry in a card game.

But yeah, with Pimp's tutelage (and wallet) Charlie is probably better than me too.

BeigeSand

• Rye Toast
  • Rated: +145
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2015, 11:41:28 am »
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/13853-3-Competitive-Hearthstone-Decks-That-Won-t-Break-the-Bank

Can someone with experience speak to the effectiveness of these decks? I'm trying to decide if my oil rogue (minus preparation) is worth shelving to pursue these.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2015, 12:08:09 pm »
Face Hunter is probably the most effective out of those three.  And it is definitely very effective still.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2015, 02:55:58 pm »
All 3 of those are extremely viable. Grim Patron warrior is cheap, but you have to pay to unlock Blackrock Mountain (or pay the 700 gold for the first wing). Face Hunter is the most hated deck in the game, its the most extreme rush deck possible (and not exactly fun to play). Zoo is middle of the 2, a little less extreme on the face rush but more in the value.

I prefer Patron Warrior (its my main deck right now, though I'm toying with Dragon Pally)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2015, 03:20:38 pm »
  • Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2015, 04:18:06 pm »
There's a greater force telling me to get hyped for this tourney. Got 4 packs, and I got two Epics and a Legendary in them, in addition to a rare that I was looking for.

The Epics were Dark Wispers and Steamwheedle Sniper, and the Legendary was Bolvar Fordragon. I'm debating disenchanting Bolvar for some dust. 400 is enough to get 4 rares which would definitely be nice, and I don't remember finding Pally particularly interesting.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2015, 04:29:43 pm »
Pally is really good, but Bolvar is on the weaker side. Hes too expensive, and too conditional, and when you do get him out with solid stays, he is too much of a silence bait : (

So since you're still building a collection, DEing him is a fine choice

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2015, 05:19:46 pm »
Yea I was saving up dust for Boom, but with this tournament rolling about, I may have to craft some much-needed cards.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2015, 05:25:59 pm »
The meta will be interesting, 1 deck with sideboard isn't seen really in hearthstone. Theres a lot of really powerful hate cards, like Acidic Swamp Ooze, Kezean Mystic, etc that might serve to punish face hunter, which is undoubtedly the most powerful deck in a rare only format; zoo is actually good too and might be stronger to dodge all the hate cards

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2015, 06:28:09 pm »
Yea Oozes will definitely be in my sideboard.  And owls lol.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2015, 12:23:08 pm »
Would anybody be up for playing the group stage out tonight in practice?  I want to see how long it goes and basically have practice

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2015, 05:39:35 pm »
what time? I can go for the next couple hours maybe

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2015, 06:30:33 pm »
It wont be for another 3 hours or so

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2015, 06:54:54 pm »
I won't be able to.

Besides, I don't want Fuzz to know my trade secrets before I obliterate him.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2015, 07:03:46 pm »
Besides, I don't want Fuzz to know my trade secrets before I obliterate him.

Implying both that knowledge of your deck would help me and we would play each other.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2015, 12:40:49 pm »
6 health tirion, with divine shield, alone with a 3/2 and a 2/2 on board, versus a bouncing blade

what happens you say?

• Like x 1    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2015, 12:54:22 pm »
lol he died?

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2015, 12:59:52 pm »
he survived, but with 1 health... but the chances are so low for that lol

it does 1 damage randomly until something dies; he took 6 hits before my 2 health minions took 2

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2015, 08:34:08 am »
If you're at all interested in the lore behind Blackrock Mountain, this video series breaks it down really nice (he does a ton of the "lore behind the cards" series for hearthstone

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2015, 09:36:44 am »
Recombobulator is my new favorite card. Along with Hungry Dragon, that 4 cost 5/6 Battlecry "Give your opponent a random 1-drop"

Was playing Priest and was kindly given both a vanilla 1/3 and a Flame Imp, and Battlecry only triggers when you play it from your hand so that's a vanilla 3/2 at that point. Of course, I Shadow Worded both of his dragons because Priest, but I was sure to thank him for his contribution first.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:37:29 am by RadicalFuzz »

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2015, 09:55:28 am »
Hungry Dragon is good in theory, but bad in practice. I had to cut it. Also flame imp is like the second best card possible, with the 3/1 windfury one being the best lol

Also @Missing Person Grim Patron priest can work! As seen here:

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2015, 11:57:40 am »
I preferred the 3/2 to trade with 1 power minions, actually. Only because I was Priest, otherwise 3/1 Windfury all the way, but it was hilarious regardless.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2015, 01:53:41 pm »
6 health tirion, with divine shield, alone with a 3/2 and a 2/2 on board, versus a bouncing blade

what happens you say?
Video games are dumb.

Also grim patron priest is good, you turtle alittle less than standard priest and have an easier time against face but outright lose to flamestrike and the struggle against mid-range is real. You gotta run double pyro, and the other activators I run are bombers and unstable ghoul.
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2015, 11:54:15 am »
So I've noticed that when I play casuals now I'm match with people that are tougher to beat. I'm currently on like a 6-long losing streak. Is it because of how many games I've won or...?
かえるおねがい!

c:

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2015, 12:18:09 pm »
Casual has an internal ELO rating, that matches you against people with a similar rating. You get stuck with a lot of people who play just to farm quests. Usually its easier to get quests done in ranked once you hit such a wall

Also I'm having good luck with my mage flamewaker deck I call "Wakeup Shoryuken", it matches favorable against hunter!

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2015, 12:21:10 pm »
I think the Casual matchmaking has a lot bigger range of skill it'll match you with. I've never played someone who seems like they have a million good cards and are super great at using them, but on occasion I'll get matched with one or the other.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2015, 11:44:10 am »
I got to play with a 5/3 bullshit weapon!
Spoiler for Hiden:
  • Like x 2    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 3 Post Total)
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

ForgeDigger

• One True Starfish
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • I hate you
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2015, 07:11:26 pm »
So I want to get to work on making a good deck. I think access to the naxxramas would help, but maybe I don't actually need it for face hunter. What do you guys think?
かえるおねがい!

c:

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2015, 10:11:38 pm »
Does Face Hunter use the 1/1 spiders with that deathrattle "Get random beast into hand"? I'm pretty sure they use the Haunted Creepers, the 1/2 with deathrattle "Make 2 1/1s" though
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2015, 10:22:40 pm »
Haunted creepers are a staple, the 1/1 webspinner has fallen out of favor for the 2/1 stealths and the abusive sargeants

Also Mad Scientist from Naxx is really good too, the one who when dies places a secret from your deck into play

• Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2015, 10:28:03 pm »
I think MOST decks are going to require Naxx at this point.

I would suggest getting Naxx anyway just because it's a fun single player playthrough anyway.  But really, you're missing some super important cards by not getting it.  Nearly ever deck I see posted that's any good has something from Naxx, and you would have much better staple cards (Belchers, Loatheb, Mad Scientist, Shades come to mind)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1895
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2015, 11:49:57 pm »
If I learned anything from the stream, it's that the best deck is 40 Knife Jugglers.
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2015, 11:51:34 pm »
You need Haunted Creepers with that. :coffee:

It was hilarious watching that happen on Skizzz & Forge for me, personally. 2 Jugglers sacrificing Creepers to get my spiders out?  Hnnngh

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2015, 12:27:38 am »
If I learned anything from the stream, it's that the best deck is 40 Knife Jugglers.

that would be a formiddable deck. Or Knife Juggler + Unleashes for the ultimate knife craziness

theres a mage card, called flamewaker, a 3 mana 2/4 that deals 2 random damage to opponents when you cast a spell. As you can imagine, it can be even more broken than knife juggler lol

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2015, 09:24:35 am »
But at least Flamewaker is Mage-specific, Knife Juggler is neutral.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2015, 08:19:30 pm »
Knife juggler is really good, but its not run in every deck. It can be absurdly broken when comboed with unleash the hounds or implosion

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2015, 08:59:55 pm »
It just irks me that some cards are 100% strictly better than others, like Knife Juggler versus the 3/2 Raptor. I know it's unavoidable, but it's annoying regardless that the only deck where you run the raptor, barring Arena, is the midrange Hunter for the beast synergy.