June 25, 2017, 10:17:03 pm

Author Topic: JTM Mafia #3: Spy vs Spy Night 7.1 (Endgame) (Civ's win!)  (Read 102552 times)

kaz

• White Toast
  • Rated: +158
Re: JTM Mafia #3: Spy vs Spy Night 7.1 (Endgame) (Civ's win!)
« Reply #1900 on: April 27, 2015, 09:28:53 am »
Well Jonathan and Forge would get one. exodus would still have one and if I enacted old rules, SAD Hecatom and BD would still have one.

But because I'm running a big game, I want bodies.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

Reliable bodies should be the key words there.

I'm pissed because of how the third party roles played out. Mafia had a hard time no matter what this game.

Also, the pregame role card crap needs to quit. That should really be banned.

The pregame role card problem has been solved, very easily, all you need to do is include the roleless card with the rest of the cards in the main post and it can't happen. Bious didn't do this, for whatever reason, and didn't update it after I warned him... unfortunately : (

It made me easily confirmed, though there is of course the lingering doubt. And it did make me lazy this game. Though I will admit I had a ton of fun lol

So Bious knew about the problem and then you and Alpha still used it to your advantage.

Not sure who/what to be more salty over/about..............

I'll reiterate I don't want to play another game where randoms screw up the game. I'm convinced with the game I played this time if third party roles even had a chance to play I'd have gotten away with a possible win. Even despite that the game was probably designed pretty well by Bious. I've said in the mafia thread that between the rolecard confirmation and third parties being gone so early, mafia winning was impossible.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
  • Rated: +1880
« Reply #1901 on: April 27, 2015, 11:07:35 am »
So Bious knew about the problem and then you and Alpha still used it to your advantage.

Not sure who/what to be more salty over/about..............

If a game is broken, it's always the fault of the one that made the game.

Fuck you, Capcom.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs
Lynch: RadicalFuzz
Quote from: tortugagrande
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +700
« Reply #1902 on: April 27, 2015, 11:43:30 am »
The rolecard thing was indeed my fault, and I apologize (I thought it would have been handled by something else, but it failed.)

However,  the two people who abused it (Alpha and Pimp) got cleared in game (Alpha lucked out and had BW come out to him, PW got saved by the medic even after I put doubt on his 100% claim.) So yes, I'm sorry it happened, but I feel like that it did not kill the game for the Mafia side.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #1903 on: April 27, 2015, 09:11:52 pm »
The rolecard thing was indeed my fault, and I apologize (I thought it would have been handled by something else, but it failed.)

However,  the two people who abused it (Alpha and Pimp) got cleared in game (Alpha lucked out and had BW come out to him, PW got saved by the medic even after I put doubt on his 100% claim.) So yes, I'm sorry it happened, but I feel like that it did not kill the game for the Mafia side.

At least it wasn't an Augustus level fuck up.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty x 1    Toogs (List of Rates | 0 Post Total)
That bio is the douchiest thing I have read all year, and I am an editor for yeswearedouchebags.com.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1387
« Reply #1904 on: April 27, 2015, 09:12:30 pm »
Both of them gave me the W, so I ain't hating (too much).
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1471
« Reply #1905 on: April 27, 2015, 09:32:20 pm »
I felt bad, because it was clearly not a very mafia favored game after the third parties both crumbled
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #1906 on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:10 pm »
I want to try to have a runback of this game where everything works the way it's supposed to.

Probably with Alpha still getting the Hail Satan play off.
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #1907 on: April 28, 2015, 03:38:09 am »
I want to try to have a runback of this game where everything works the way it's supposed to.

Probably with Alpha still getting the Hail Satan play off.

I couldn't agree more. A runback of this game would be great.

Please explain that one. If the rolecard thing didn't kill the game for us, what did? Would you say the irrelevant third parties did?

Outside of those the only remote thing I could point to was Forge being DQ'ed, but that's about it really.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #1908 on: April 28, 2015, 03:56:55 am »
IMO you still had a slight chance even after the Forge DQ. It would've taken better night kills, and reading who Chief would protect, but you left the clears in too long. PW as the bomb target, Wilgy as a night kill, then jasonC would've been ideal if Chief protected none of them. You could've won off of that with the civs cannibalizing themselves.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +722
« Reply #1909 on: April 28, 2015, 04:55:41 am »
I think if Aidebit fought off his lynch and redirected it to - let's say Missing Person, it would have gained traction.  Kaz helping out would not have seemed overly suspicious at that point, plus MP and Chief would have followed suit.  Gamer Dude didn't have enough "voice" to defend him, and I could have been turned, because Aidebit was not a strong mafia read for me.  Even if not everyone was turned, you could possibly tie the vote.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #1910 on: April 28, 2015, 05:05:06 am »
Nah, I think the bandwagon was on kaz next after my mislynch TBH. Even if kaz didn't vote me. Especially if he didn't

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #1911 on: April 28, 2015, 05:08:17 am »
I'd try to take it me, Chief, and MP if I was kaz there. The fingerpointing would've been the best shot at winning.

Otherwise GD or TGG would've been fine.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #1912 on: April 28, 2015, 05:10:31 am »
Honestly keeping in medic until last 3 is fine, so long as he Doesnt claim until then, then you counter and the non claim lynches between them. If that person is a bad hammer, you got it.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #1913 on: April 28, 2015, 05:43:54 am »
IMO you still had a slight chance even after the Forge DQ. It would've taken better night kills, and reading who Chief would protect, but you left the clears in too long. PW as the bomb target, Wilgy as a night kill, then jasonC would've been ideal if Chief protected none of them. You could've won off of that with the civs cannibalizing themselves.

我是罗恩勃艮第吗?

I was almost certain that PW was the medic himself. Common sense should have told me Cobalt would have quit and offered himself a sacrifice if he didn't have a role. I wanted to keep Chief because he didn't suspect me just yet. That's the reason I didn't kill either of them and took GamerGuy instead. Not to mention Dr Wilgy was all over me.

Plus, Chief was supposed to be the bomb target. Aidebit went his own way in picking you to be killed MP.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #1914 on: April 28, 2015, 05:48:55 am »
Right, so after Aidebit kinda jumped ship, I'm not sure how much damage control you could've done.

PW couldn't have been medic though, IIRC, medic didn't have self-protect capability this game.  So you could've ruled him out.  But you would've had to leave him in to hammer honestly because of Chief.  This is all with perfect info now, but yeah, PW was not getting killed easily after the bomb chose me.

I would've killed Wilgy the night after Aidebit was lynched though.  Essentially, you knew medic wasn't coming off of PW no matter what then, so take out the other cleared civ is the best play.  jason should also die because he was situationally cleared.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #1915 on: April 28, 2015, 05:50:52 am »
Basically, with that situation you have to optimize your play not, "Who do I want to leave in," but, how do I make PW hammer bad?

Leave in TGG or GD to final 3 with you and PW and I think you had a fighting chance even with Aidebit blowing me up.

Pimp Willy

• Spam Defender
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Fuck Fantasy Football
  • Rated: +1471
« Reply #1916 on: April 28, 2015, 06:50:33 am »
Mp, I'm assuming he thought I was medic before the save on me

I told you it was chief in game lol
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)
Kaz is a better mafia player than I

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
« Reply #1917 on: April 28, 2015, 07:35:56 am »
When Gamer Dude asked medic to claim... I just sat there.

lol Nope. :coffee:
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #1918 on: April 28, 2015, 07:38:07 am »
Any time but Final 3 was a good time for medic to claim.

After that, it'd be lynch between claims.

But of course, Chief never claims.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree x 1    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Gamer Dude

• Rye Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +35
« Reply #1919 on: April 28, 2015, 07:55:12 am »

The correct play there was the always leave the medic alive thus preventing the civs from gaining more kill power.

This is why I wanted you to claim. Either you are a live lock clear civ or the mafia team makes the mistake of killing you and activates our vig

The Chief

• Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +267
« Reply #1920 on: April 28, 2015, 08:42:48 am »

The correct play there was the always leave the medic alive thus preventing the civs from gaining more kill power.

This is why I wanted you to claim. Either you are a live lock clear civ or the mafia team makes the mistake of killing you and activates our vig

I read the play fine. I just believe its benefits us more to keep mafia guessing.

I had faith that civs read me correctly as well. If rc'ing ends the game immediately, their might be benefit, but we had a ton of players left so the gain want really that great from my perspective.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

• White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +714
« Reply #1921 on: April 28, 2015, 09:09:52 am »
Oh yeah can I get an explanation on why I was night killed? I didn't quite understand it. It seemed to be a random shot at best.

kaz

• White Toast
« Reply #1922 on: April 29, 2015, 07:26:22 am »
Oh yeah can I get an explanation on why I was night killed? I didn't quite understand it. It seemed to be a random shot at best.

I can barely remember the game at this point. I think I killed you because I was aiming to throw shade back at BeigeSand. I really don't remember to be honest.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
« Reply #1923 on: April 29, 2015, 07:28:08 am »
I think your last two kills cleared OZ for me though if I was still in the game and so was he.

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #1924 on: June 05, 2015, 08:20:03 pm »
I finally decided to tier these.

First off, the asset tiers. This shows how much of an asset you were to your side!

Civ:
S: Chief
A: Augustus, Gamer Dude, Alpha
B: Wilgy, Jason, Pimp, Missing
B-: Rest of Surviving Civs, Blindknagg
C: Everyone else
-
-
-
F: All the disqualified players

Mafia:
SS: Synonym
-
-
B: Kaz
C: Aidebit
-
E: Forgedigger, FP Samurai

Grey:

F: Raevyn

Next is the planning and execution Tier. This is for judging any plays that turned the tides of the game for Better or Worse.

Godlike: Synonym
Cool: Chief, Augustus
Solid: Gamer Dude, Alpha
-
Confusing: Kaz, FP Samurai
Poor: All those DQ's
Horrible: Raevyn

Finally we have overall gameplay. This shows how you did as a whole in the game.

S-: Synonym
A+: Chief, Augustus
A: Alpha, Gamer, Pimp Willy
A-: Missing, Jason, Kaz
B: The rest
C: Aidebit
D: Fruit Punch
F: ALLLLLLLLLLLL THE DQ'S
F-: RAEVYN

MVP: Synonym (Dur)
Best Newbie: Gamer
Mafia MVP: No one really
Civ MVP: Fruit Punch, Raevyn
Saltychan's favorite Salt Factory: TGG, Kaz
Worst Play: Raevyn

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 05:15:15 am by Bious »
  • Like x 4    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty x 1    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 5 Post Total)

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #1925 on: June 05, 2015, 08:34:58 pm »
Congratulations to @Synonym for being the best loser.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 2    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #1926 on: June 05, 2015, 10:01:06 pm »
FYI, Spies 2 will be in SPACCCCCCEEEEE.

✰Alpha✰

• Commando
  • Game Bot
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Child of Despair
« Reply #1927 on: June 05, 2015, 10:17:05 pm »

I think I know where this is going.

• Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL x 1    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 1 Post Total)

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +777
« Reply #1928 on: June 05, 2015, 10:52:50 pm »
Can we @all the new players so that they can see that I'm not shit all the time. Also, I think this is my first SS status. It feels... Great!

Tooooooooooooooooooggggggsssssssssss.

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

Blindknagg

• Toogs repelling pantsu!
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +458
« Reply #1929 on: June 06, 2015, 02:02:56 am »
B-?

Well, at least it wasn't a C like usual.

Synonym

• ಥ_ಥ
  • Spam Defender
  • White Toast
  • Brother of Brine
  • Rated: +777
« Reply #1930 on: June 06, 2015, 02:24:54 am »
My ego is pleased, this will certainly reduce the sting when I see the horrific rating MP gives me for his game.

Tooooooooooooooooooggggggsssssssssss.

Join us. Baptize yourself in the Brine, and call yourself a Brother of mine.
Lustful moans can be heard from the girls bathroom. Several moments pass and Synonym steps out of bathroom wearing only his pants. It seem's that Fleur's Chamber of Secrets isn't such a secret to his wand anymore.

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
  • Rated: +134
« Reply #1931 on: June 06, 2015, 07:36:46 am »

Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.