October 21, 2017, 11:16:39 pm

Author Topic: JTM Mafia #3: Spy vs Spy Lover Lounge  (Read 3994 times)

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +705
JTM Mafia #3: Spy vs Spy Lover Lounge
« on: April 09, 2015, 05:50:37 pm »
Cupid's arrows have pierced your hearts lovebirds! Welcome to your private love-love room!
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
  • Rated: +371
Re: JTM Mafia #3: Spy vs Spy Lover Lounge
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 05:58:09 pm »
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Any clue why Cupid picked us?
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 02:22:34 pm »
@JonathanT88 you can see this right?

JonathanT88

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
  • Rated: +5
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »
@Bious, I can.

My only guess as to why I was chosen is that Cupid is somebody I know. Augustus, Cobalt and the other one. Otherwise, I really don't know. It seems like an odd decision to make, honestly.

Should we reveal roles/ lack thereof?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:27:50 pm by JonathanT88 »

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 05:35:17 pm »
Okay, I have a plan. It'll be a bit so hang with me for a minute.

I am civilian. If you are also civilian we can cooperate towards a civilian victory. If you're Mafia, then I'd much rather work towards a Mafia victory, it's significantly more fun for me to coordinate than to work on my own.

If you're a third party role then, again, I'm willing to help you. Grey Spy I'll work with you so long as you recruit me so I can win with you, and if you're the Black Widow then I'll work with you so we can coordinate our efforts towards a Mafia win.

Quick question, also. Are you Cupid? This is an unlikely pairing, and I can only think of about 4 players that would put us together for any intentional reason, so the possibility you just picked a random player to work with is likely, I think.

As for roles, I'll tell you right now I'm Snake. I'm willing to work with you no matter your allegiance, and even if you don't believe me you don't have the option of killing me. If you have a preferred target any given night just give me a heads up a bit in advance and unless I have someone I'm really curious about I'll check who you want.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 05:36:45 pm »
Oh, also, since you're new, little tip about these private threads. If you react to my post with the buttons it will affect my point total, and thus make it possible  for people to know that I'm in a private thread, so no reaction buttons.

JonathanT88

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 04:28:33 am »
I'm a roleless civ, and not Cupid.

Also: GMT timezone (sorry) so I'll need a while to pour over and analyse the thread.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 04:11:52 pm »
GMT? You're 5 hours ahead of me, then. That's no big deal though, we have players from Switzerland, China, Australia, etc, so the forum's used to not being on the same page, so to speak.

No offense, but I'm kinda sad that you're roleless lol, makes things more straightforward. Anyway, what do you think of Cobalt so far? The only time I've seen him sweat like this was in Skype Mafia and he was Mafia when he did, does he act like this if he gets called as Mafia normally?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 04:30:24 pm »
Okay, ignore what I said, you posted in the thread about Cobalt a few times. Just so you know, I'm gonna be reading this first so that'll probably happen a few times.

@Bious can you clarify something for me? If both Lovers are civilian does one die with the other or is that clause only if they're of different allegiance?

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 04:59:23 pm »
Okay, ignore what I said, you posted in the thread about Cobalt a few times. Just so you know, I'm gonna be reading this first so that'll probably happen a few times.

@Bious can you clarify something for me? If both Lovers are civilian does one die with the other or is that clause only if they're of different allegiance?

If both lovers are civ one lives if one dies.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 05:15:51 pm »
Thanks for answering that. And also thanks for answering my questions via PM, didn't want to send you another message just to say thanks when I'm sure you've got at least 30 as is.

So Jon, you're now Raiden. In the event that I die you need to take up the mantle of main character and boldly trek onwards. I'll leave my night results here to help you, naturally.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 10:47:20 pm »
Going to follow either Alpha this upcoming night or MP. I don't like the way MP's been playing these past few games on a personal level, and it's thrown me off. His posts have felt really arrogant and self-righteous a lot as of late, and I have a hard time remaining unbiased. Add to that my difficulty reading people in the first place, and he's a variable I'd like to resolve. Alpha has said a lot in very few posts. His status quo is to have a big strategy post on Day 1, but he sounds almost hesitant, as someone put it. He says his favorite role is roleless so he can do whatever he wants and have the consequences be moderate at worst, but he's stopping himself, holding back.

JonathanT88

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 01:49:46 am »
Sorry about being roleless, I'd rather be Mafia too. Stabbing people in the back is what I do best.

Yeah, I can get behind either of those right now. It depends on who you think would make a more astute villain, because the possibility of them being identified through post analysis and whatnot is less and thus we need more evidence. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 04:06:18 am by JonathanT88 »

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 07:58:31 am »
Sorry about being roleless, I'd rather be Mafia too. Stabbing people in the back is what I do best.

I like you.

Probably gonna lean towards MP, because his presence in the thread is a lot larger than Alpha's, even when Alpha's posting a lot. He's also more confident and harder to get lynched should it come to that. In addition he's a player I would legitimately consider martyring myself for, if I have multiple investigations, if a wagon starts on him.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 08:24:06 am »
Baiting the hook with that "where did Cobalt vote for me" statement, hopefully someone that isn't BK or Cobalt will jump to that. I'm still annoyed that pointing out that a role wouldn't want to cooperate and win us the game by losing it themselves apparently makes me look dirty. That's not "being concerned" that's reading the damn roles.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 08:24:24 am »
Also sent in my action on MP

JonathanT88

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 09:55:09 am »
This sounds kind of forced to me, though I might be overanalysing.

Missing Person: "Better result than a civilian. Still would rather see a mafia dead." It feels off, like he's trying to make himself seem REALLY civilian by displaying how much he wants a mafia dead.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 10:25:08 am »
I legitimately forgot that Cobalt voted for me publicly and was hoping he & BK were Mafia and slipped up. Nothing came of it either way, which is whatever.

MP could be looking at it analytically, and if he is that response is normal. But if he's not looking at the game analytically then you're right, it's a reminder to everyone that he wants to lynch Mafia.

Do you think the Mafia would jump on the chance to get rid of the Grey Spy? They have significantly fewer players to work with than us, so each player lost is a big blow to them.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 10:46:11 am »
I really don't like TGG's response. I asked him what conclusion he would draw if Cobalt/Chief flipped a certain role and he talks about how Cobalt definitely wasn't roleless and barely touches my actual question.

JonathanT88

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 11:24:17 am »
Good point- ask him again and see what his reaction is.

Also: I don't think that there's anything particularly suspicious about voting for Grey Spy, though I think the villains are more likely to have lept on the bandwagon than anybody else- he's potentially damaging to them AND he isn't a villain so there's no damage done to them. Can't really make any judgements about those who voted Cobalt though at the moment.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 02:11:50 pm »
Ask him again? If he continues to dodge the question then it becomes obvious, and if he answers then we get to see what he says. The only negative outcome would be he turns this around somehow to make it sound like me wanting a legitimate answer to my question is dirty, which is unlikely. Alright, that'll be my first post in day phase.

Grey Spy is 3rd party and directly requires the other sides to lose, so every other player in the game wants her dead. It's a minute difference, but Mafia are more injured by her shenanigans than civilians, and they possess the coordination to get her lynched or the night kill if necessary.

Can you give me a sanity check on descuff real quick? Hear me out and tell me if this makes sense.
Scuff says that Cobalt is probably a power role civ, extremely unlikely to be Mafia, but could also be the Traitor. The Traitor needs to correctly target a Mafia at night in order to win. Cobalt's actions told him nothing about who was Mafia, they did the opposite and exposed himself, assuming they were intentional. That doesn't fit with any role, barring maybe the Bomb, so we can assume his reactions were both genuine and not premeditated.
Descuff says the reason that Cobalt snapped was because he was under high emotional stress. This would mean that Cobalt was not playing under normal circumstances, he wasn't thinking logically. However, Descuff ignores that and says that Mafia Cobalt wouldn't act this way. Mafia or not, Cobalt wasn't playing like normal. He tries to have it both ways, if that makes sense. Normal Mafia Cobalt doesn't do X but since Crazy Cobalt did X he's not mafia.
I think this looks significantly worse if Cobalt flips civ, though, since descuff is insistent that he's civ, even going so far as to clash with TGG about it.

Does that make sense or am I operating on an incorrect premise somewhere?

JonathanT88

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 03:58:33 pm »
Des wasn't really acting logically whatsoever to be honest. Mafia Cobalt is generally as messy as he was in this game, and I'm not too sure about the whole "stress" thing because he's been playing another mafia game for the past two weeks and didn't seem to suggest hindered ability to play in the sign ups or anything.

Des is suspicious though, and I agree that his insistence (without real logical backing) does make him look worse if Cobalt's innocent.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 06:02:20 pm »
Thanks, glad to see I'm not skipping steps. I've only seen Maifa Cobalt over Skype Mafia, and it fits the bill of being really flustered, but that's a poor parallel to draw. Kinda bummed that Chief has to be in that position, regardless of his allegiance.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 06:17:28 pm »
MP really gets under my skin when he pulls this crap.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 07:28:59 pm »
MP did nothing. That means it's unlikely he is Mafia. He'd have to be the Bomb. Going to operate on the assumption that he's clean for the purposes of where he's coming from.

Augustus being Cupid makes sense, he knows you and probably thought our interaction would be either amusing or fruitful.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 08:35:01 pm »
It would make more sense for Mafia to help push the Chief lynch if he were the bomb. Especially with day 1 vote being such a close call. It's an easy sell because of Cobalt's fuck ups.

The role card says that bomberman picks his target to kill with him when lynched. They can kill anybody they want during day phase with a bomberman lynch. It's a double kill phase when they do. It isn't exactly necessary for them to use bombermans ability immediately, but personally I wouldnt see a reason to delay it either

I still don't like this answer. He doesn't directly respond, he talks around it. Implies that Mafia would vote Cobalt rather than say it, and doesn't give a conclusion off of Chief's allegiance.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 10:57:26 pm »
I put pressure on TGG and Phoenix (that's easier than Descuff, probably gonna stick with it in here), and you can follow up on their responses if you share my suspicion. Just remember that you haven't publicly said anything about it so you'll need to fully state your opinion.

I can't fully trust MP, both because his way of doing things pisses me off and because there's the possibility he's Godfather (unsure on ruling regarding "targeting" a player to be killed) or Bomb, but I'm going to follow his lead for the time being. I don't want to help too much, because if he thinks I'm super town and he's getting things done then my target viability increases pretty fast, but if he's civ I think he's on the right track for the time being.

JonathanT88

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 07:58:19 am »
Yeah, I can do that. I'm going to try to become more active, it's fucking tricky to get used to the game here.

Also: I suspected Roman of being the Red Spy, though I do still think it's a tiny bit odd he chose me...

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 08:00:25 am »
We can ask him post-game, I can't guess at his reasoning. I figured it was most likely someone from your group that knew you, and there was a chance I was picked randomly.

Yeah we're kinda weird sometimes, but it's not a bad weird.

About to crucify TGG & Phoenix with some posts. "Satisfactory response" my ass

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 08:45:53 am »
Thanks for suggesting I follow up on that question to TGG, that turned out to be really fruitful.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 10:49:26 am »
Jason's comment concerns me. I'm unsure on Gamer Dude, and he raises a valid point on that front, but why is he so certain that either MP/Phoenix, Me/Chief, or Me/TGG is civ/civ squabbling?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 01:50:40 pm »
the fact that you want an autographed copy of my book tells me you're not reading anything.

This guy.

What do you think of Wilgy? I know him IRL and let him know about this game, so I'm having a hard time being aware of what is and isn't bias. I don't think his fanciful attitude is necessarily dirty, he's silly and loud frequently, but I don't know if he's using that as a cover to hide his real emotions towards everything.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 02:20:41 pm »
Just so you know, I was seeing if Jason would hold true to his original reaction. Pimp's page 1 post about "I trust someone from pre-game. You know who you are" had an "Agree" on it, and it was Jason. If his response was anything but agreement I could fry him alive, but he was consistent.

Also TGG's willingness to answer questions means he wants to regain credibility. Speaking without knowing him, would you say that's a civilian-leaning or mafia-leaning tendency, to want to have a large amount of credibility?

JonathanT88

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2015, 05:12:04 pm »
I'm leaning civ with TGG, to be honest.

I don't think, regarding Cobalt, a mafia player would say stuff like "Regarding Cobalt: “you're practically a confirmed mafia.” It just seems like a massive conclusion for somebody to come to if they're trying to blend in. It would be much more suspicious if he said "confirmed civ," but the fact he said mafia makes me think he himself isn't.

On the contrary, however, I think he's noticed you suspecting him and therefore is doing his best to try and rectify that by sounding super-keen to answer your questions as fully as possible. This IS suspicious, begging the question: why didn't he answer them as keenly before if he had nothing to hide. You might just be overthinking this though, and I think it's pretty instinctive for people to want to seem clean but a mafia is going to make a far greater effort at doing so.

One thing he's said which I'm not sure about it this: “Either way I guarantee he (Cobalt) isnt roleless. Nobody would try that hard to preserve a roleless card.” and then subsequently  “We need to lynch Chief tomorrow. We cant have the lingering uncertainty.” On the one hand, what he's saying is logical but (and these posts weren't right beside each other) I feel slightly as if he's pressuring the civs into killing somebody he has reason to suspect has a role. Insignificant probably, but worth mentioning.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 08:21:27 pm »
That's a really good observation, putting those two statements back to back.

The main issue I'm having right now, regarding TGG, is whether or not him wanting to answer my question leans dirty or clean. I'm getting more of a "prove I can answer your damn questions" feel from him than legitimately wanting to help, but that's not solid. I feel like if it was the latter he'd be annoyed at me for lying about a question. The only thing I'm sure of with him is he's showing restraint.

Deadline's in 11 hours, be careful not to miss your vote. I'm going to go with the thread on either FPSG, TGG, or Phoenix. Even lynching Fruit Punch is better than a tie.

Any thoughts on who to Track tonight? I'm thinking less of someone I've been looking at, someone who'll live really long. That leaves out TGG & Phoenix, imo, maybe Forge?

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2015, 05:58:39 am »
Wilgy's really starting to push it. I think it's really unlikely that his proclaiming my & TGG's votes for us was an accident.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2015, 10:47:53 am »
I hate Pimp Willy sometimes. Unlikely he's mafia, due to the "ordinary, run-of-the-mill" phrase, but still slightly possible and that doesn't mean he isn't a pain in the ass. Seems like he's intentionally stunting some discussions.

If I had to submit my action now it'd be on Gamer Dude. Unless he shoots himself in the foot he'll be alive a few more phases, and it's unlikely he'll be killed unless the Mafia are role-hunting. Wilgy's a close second just because I can't get a grasp on his posting style, and he's also likely to survive for a while.

JonathanT88

• Moldy Toast
  • Burnt Toast
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2015, 03:04:39 pm »
I don't know if I put much trust into that "run of the mill" statement to be honest- it seems improbable that such a massive clue would be put in the introductory post.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2015, 04:29:55 pm »
It wasn't in the intro post for the game. Here's what happened, chronologically:

-Rolecards were sent out
-Alpha makes post using exact phrasing of roleless civilian card "ordinary, run-of-the-mill" and Pimp marks it as "Insightful"
-Bious locks sign-up thread, which we've never done before, even on our old site
-Game goes up and roleless card is made public
-Pimp mentions he trusts one player from pre-game in the game thread, a few posts down on page 1
     -Side note: Jason "Agreed" with this, but has not spoken much on the plan. I'm not sure when he "Agreed", there's no timestamp on reactions

Bious

• Shaking
  • Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 07:39:48 pm »
Sorry Fuzz, you got murked. Removing you.

jasonC

• Mafia Endgame
  • Sourdough Toast
  • Rated: +731
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2015, 05:36:51 am »
Fuzz, fyi there are timestamps on reactions.  Go to a user profile, click on rates given and it sows up.  PW's "insightful" was before the game thread started, so after PW's "I trust someone" post, I had 2 lock clear players in my mind for the whole game.
  • Like    Dislike    Agree    Disagree    WTF    Insightful x 1    LOL    Toasty    salty    Toogs (List of Rates | 2 Post Total)

descuffphoenix

• White Toast
  • DeSlayage
  • Rated: +134
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2015, 08:16:40 am »
Well that was short-lived but almost seem as full as the mafia chat...
Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only. Logic only.

DrWilgy

• Mad Scientist (Doctor)
  • White Toast
  • Salt Inc. (Ft. Phorcys)
  • Rated: +218
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2015, 09:03:32 am »
Ha! Sorry Fuzz
God damn wiggles, that's one of the best deaths I've had.

RadicalFuzz

• Piece of cake
  • Mafia Endgame
  • White Toast
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2015, 01:23:40 pm »
Thanks for the tip Jason. I was really hoping you'd say it was stupid or something, some inconsistency, so I could use the screencap I took to make a big hoohah out of it in the thread.

Missing Person

• Fuck yo' ST, nigga!
  • Spam Defender
  • Jesus Toast
  • Yatta!
  • Rated: +1400
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 06:15:29 pm »
Also

Sweden != Switzerland.

kappa
"I love you, you love me. Barney raped me by the sea." --Synonym
"Why do I feel like I'm being fooled by you both?  I can't find the penis.  I need to find the penis." --Augustus
"Nobody can read baby." --Pimp Willy
"Get your goddamn Battle Arena Toshinden shit out of my Tekken." --Souther
"That's when I decided to give up on my dream to become an X-Man and begin pursuing girls." --tortugagrande, champion of all our hearts.